The Education Forum

Fetzer bashing is fashionable here

Jack White

Zapruder was a fairly competent businessman who maximized his once-in -a lifetime opportunity as any decent businessman would, but he was not in the same league as his heirs, who hired some clever attorneys and got $16 Million, while still retaining the copyright, for a film that cost them ONE DOLLAR!

I took a break from email over the New Year Holiday, and today I found this email dated two days ago from the one & only Gary Mack:

Ray,

The US government, by law, cannot own a copyright so why would it want to pay extra to acquire both the Z film AND the copyright? Doing so would have probably doubled the total cost to taxpayers.

And please remember there was no dickering by the Gov and the Z family over the value once the arbiters were called in and agreed upon. They as a group determined the film's value based upon standard appraisal procedures used daily in the US. You may think the final cost was too high, but I assure you there are others who thought the purchase price was too low.

And one final observation to consider. I have no idea whether Mr. Z was a good businessman or not, but he did what any sane individual would have done by allowing investigators to see and have it first, by selling the film to a responsible organization that would not exploit its tragic contents, and arrange for the financial security of his family.

What, if anything, is wrong with that?

Gary

I have NO PROBLEM with Honest Abe and I hope I would have done the same thing if I had been in his shoes on that day.

I do believe that the copyright to his film now belongs in the public domain,because it is EVIDENCE in an unsolved murder case, and I believe that NO ONE should pay royalties to the Sixth Floor Museum for using the film in a documentary about the assassination.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from "PROVING" that Zapruder lied about his whereabouts that day, what else has Jack White observed in the Dealey Plaza photographs that merits our attention?

I guess Jack must believe that Sitzman was somewhere else that day, as well? How about the Hester's .... were there impostors taking their place too while the real Hester's were somewhere else, which then means that Sitzman and the Hester's all conspired to lie about their where-a-bouts so to assist in the assassination while another person could stand on the pedestal and shoot a film of the motorcade while pretending to be Abraham Zapruder .... disguise2.gif Then after shooting the film, this impostor then handed the camera off to the real Zapruder so he could carry it back to his office. Nice thinking, Jack!!!

And then how do we explain Jack's and my friend Jean Hill .... Jean told me she saw Zapruder across the street filming the assassination. blink.gif Oh Jean .... little did you know you were helping the fake Zapruder, but thatnks to Jack's sharp observations the whole affair has been exposed. Nice work, Jack! (sigh)

Bill