The Education Forum

Deeppoliticsforum.com is blackmailing Myra Bronstein!

Deeppoliticsforum.com is blackmailing Myra Bronstein!!!

I got the creepy email from Peter Presland this morning at 7:04am USA MT.

It said (I’m paraphrasing of course, so they don’t try to blackmail John again) to look at https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Myra_Bronstein where all kinds of personal information is published: location in the US, profession, etc—along with a photo.

Peter’s email tells me there is a vast amount of documentation to come both personal and DPF related.

And it gives ultimatums (paraphrasing):

- If deepppoliticsforum.info remains public then the https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Myra_Bronstein will remain public.

- Should I choose to escalate then there is a long list of documents they will publish.

- And it warns me that a google search for my name will likely be at the top of the search results within 3 weeks.

WOW!

My first time being blackmailed.

Maybe John can give me tips since he’s been blackmailed before.

I wonder if they'll throw me in the same prison the Wikileaks guy was in.

And them maybe Michael Moore will bail me out. Wow.

I’m guessing that they’re more than willing to list my home address, phone numbers, email address, etc since that’s the very thing Magda Hassan (cloaked as ‘Peter Tosh’) did--posted names/addresses/phones/etc of alleged fascists/Nazis without any proof or sourcing. In fact that’s what triggered the big blow up.

I attached screen captures of the blackmail site. I want the screen shots in case they decide to scrub.

I’ll post deeppoliticsforum.com’s (via Peter Presland) blackmail letter, as well as the screen captures, on deeppoliticsforum.info tonight.

I wonder why they’re hiding behind Peter Presland and Wikispooks. The gang of five was unwilling to sign Peter’s letter. It was just signed Peter Presland, Wikispooks Webmaster.

Why not, as Magda said about her Nazi post under a pseudonym, be out and proud?

After posting this thread Drago sent me a threatening email and informed me that (I paraphrase of course) the gloves are coming off.

The man sure loves a fight.

It'll be interesting to see what they concoct for the Wikispooks page.

At least Drago didn't hide behind Peter Presland in this case.

Um, now Drago sent me email claiming that he had emailed the gloves coming off threat in error.

I don't know why he is making a point of telling me this. I don't know if he is reracting the threat, or if he is actually unaware that I'm on the distribution. I'm guessing that the gang of five were blind cc'd on Peter Presland's original blackmail email, and Drago is repeatedly replying to all... including the blackmail target.

Or maybe Drago put his gloves on while he was still typing.

:ice

This is my first time as a blakmail target so I gotta ask: Isn't it supposed to be more sinister than comical?

It's keystone cops over there at DPF.com. All that's missing are seltzer bottles and banana peels.

Is there some reason the DPF foodfight has to play out here?

These are a half dozen EF members who decided to create their own site because this one wasn't good enough to suit their tastes. Yet now that they're at each other's throats, this site is good enough for them to attack each other? Shame on all involved.

This has NOTHING to do with who killed Kennedy and should be disallowed here, imho.

These are a half dozen EF members who decided to create their own site because this one wasn't good enough to suit their tastes. Yet now that they're at each other's throats, this site is good enough for them to attack each other? Shame on all involved.

This has NOTHING to do with who killed Kennedy and should be disallowed here, imho.

Well said.

I won't quibble with the 'shame on all involved.' No one took the high road in this.

The answer to the rhetorical question: "Is there some reason the DPF foodfight has to play out here?" is-- of course it doesn't have to play out here.

And I think it's done playing out here.

The answer to a related question that was not explicitly asked: 'Why is anybody posting on this subject here?'--is that someone else started the thread "Deep Politics Forum": http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=17126. The existing thread evolved into a discussion on what happened to DPF.com. There was a lot of discussion and speculation. People were actually contacting me via email to ask what happened and then discretely reporting back via that thread. And so it was reasonable for me, as a member of this forum, to join the existing thread.

After three DPF folks sent concurrent letters to John that some took as blackmail attempts and John went public with it on the forum, I felt it was relevant that they next tried to blackmail me. The blackmail thread is the only one I started. And the mods can close any thread they like, and/or ask people to stop posting in them, though as I said I think it's done playing out here.

My only quibble with your remarks Robert is the implication that starting another forum is an automatic declaration of war. Folks that started DPF did have issues here. And we certainly vented to each other privately. But we had a rule against bashing other forums at DPF, and we even locked threads when people refused to stop bashing EF. I think we need more such discussion forums, not fewer. When the mod of another JFK forum died recently, I and a former colleague at DPF were concerned about the loss of the material on the forum, and the colleague told me they extended an offer to host the material from that forum on DPF. I was told that the offer was declined. And the material is now gone I believe. And that's a shame. So as far as forums go, IMO the more the better.

I won't quibble with the 'shame on all involved.' No one took the high road in this.

The answer to the rhetorical question: "Is there some reason the DPF foodfight has to play out here?" is-- of course it doesn't have to play out here.

The answer to a related question that was not explicitly asked: 'Why is anybody posting on this subject here?'--is that someone else started the thread "Deep Politics Forum": http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=17126. The existing thread evolved into a discussion on what happened to DPF.com. There was a lot of discussion and speculation. People were actually contacting me via email to ask what happened and then discretely reporting back via that thread. And so it was reasonable for me, as a member of this forum, to join the existing thread.

After three DPF folks sent concurrent letters to John that some took as blackmail attempts and John went public with it on the forum, I felt it was relevant that they next tried to blackmail me. The blackmail thread is the only one I started. And the mods can close any thread they like, and/or ask people to stop posting in them, though as I said I think it's done playing out here.

My only quibble with your remarks Robert is the implication that starting another forum is an automatic declaration of war. Folks that started DPF did have issues here. And we certainly vented to each other privately. But we had a rule against bashing other forums at DPF, and we even locked threads when people refused to stop bashing EF. I think we need more such discussion forums, not fewer. When the mod of another JFK forum died recently, I and a former colleague at DPF were concerned about the loss of the material on the forum, and the colleague told me they extended an offer to host the material from that forum on DPF. I was told that the offer was declined. And the material is now gone I believe. And that's a shame. So as far as forums go, IMO the more the better.

The material is not gone. Stay tuned.

The material is not gone. Stay tuned.

Really? You mean the material from Rich's forum!? Are you saying it'll be mirrored somewhere?

It totally agree Robert.

And Evan is being a bit disingenuous.

That was another thread that he closed.

MB and Colby have now opened NEW threads on this subject with MB saying she is being black mailed and Colby...well..being Colby.

This has no place here and its sorry to see that some of the mods, and former mods, are as biased as Colby.

MB knows that, that is why she is here.

Don't speak for me Jim.

The mods here are hardly biased for me. And I'm hardly biased for them.

In fact one of my posts in the "Deep Politics Forum" thread, a thread I did not start, described how I voted to ban Evan at DPF but lost the vote.

That's not exactly a valentine to Evan.

If anyone is showing bias it's you.

As far as "MB saying she is being black mailed" there is nothing else to call it.

I'll post the blackmail letter sent by Peter Presland, with the rest of the gang apparently blind cc'd, on deeppoliticsforum.info.

Not that I have any illusions about you keeping an open mind, given your bias.

It totally agree Robert.

MB and Colby have now opened NEW threads on this subject with MB saying she is being black mailed and Colby...well..being Colby.

This has no place here and its sorry to see that some of the mods, and former mods, are as biased as Colby.

Don't speak for me Jim.

The mods here are hardly biased for me. And I'm hardly biased for them.

In fact one of my posts in the "Deep Politics Forum" thread, a thread I did not start, described how I voted to ban Evan at DPF but lost the vote.

That's not exactly a valentine to Evan.

If anyone is showing bias it's you.

As far as "MB saying she is being black mailed" there is nothing else to call it.

I'll post the blackmail letter sent by Peter Presland, with the rest of the gang apparently blind cc'd, on deeppoliticsforum.info.

Not that I have any illusions about you keeping an open mind, given your bias.

The Peter Presland/Deeppoliticsforum.com blackmail letter is here:

http://deeppoliticsforum.info/

It's the scarlet letter. You can't miss it. Unless you want to of course.

It totally agree Robert.

Jim,

Earlier, I also suggested that the various threads be combined, since they were all discussing the DPF. The consensus was this would just raise complaints and might be seen as suppressing free speech. I agree to a degree, but to my OCD mindset, I would have preferred it done. Everything would be on one thread. Still that's why we try to operate the place along democratic lines: majority rules. If you - or any other member - feel otherwise, you should use the REPORT function and state your opinion and reasons. It'll then be further discussed by the mods and a consensus reached.

People have also said that this is non-JFK related; I agree with that, too, and feel it is much more suited to the PC board. However when I have moved non-JFK threads in the past, I have been often accused of 'abusing my position as a moderator' by some people. Therefore none of we moderators will move the threads until we have reached a consensus that it is appropriate to move the thread/s.

I share RCD's concerns about this kind of dirty laundry being aired out on the forum. I think I'll stop bemoaning the constant strife between warring individuals and cliques in the research community. It must be obvious, at this point, that such disputes may very well be more important than the JFK assassination itself, at least to those who continue to delight in engaging in dramatic words of war.

I am personally disallusioned by all this infighting. As I've noted before, I usually agree with most of those who feel compelled to keep arguing with each other. In this latest bit of theatrics, the players are all people whose views are normally in accord with my own. Myra Bronstein, for instance, was one of my very favorite posters here. I also admired Charles Drago's no-holds-barred posts, even while bemoaning his often bombastic style. I could never find anything bad to say about Dawn Meredith.

Let's pretend that all the best and brightest CTers could ever come together at one place- let's call it a convention, for lack of a better word. They've been granted the right (I know, this is impossibly naive, but please play along) to name their own blue ribbon investigative commission, to finally discern the truth about the assassination of John F. Kennedy. So...who would be on that commission? How would the CTers ever agree on even one member, let alone several? Is there one critic who someone would not passionately object to? This is the present state of the critical community; beset with an increasing number of those I call "neo-cons," or people who have grown to dismiss many of the strongest tenets of conspiratorial platform, and plagued by personal feuds between the most knowledgable CTers.

With all these beligerant debates, often involving personal matters and frequently between people who haven't ever met each other personally, it has become increasingly easy for suave LNers to cruise into forums like this and use the discord between CTers to their advantage. I wouldn't strongly object to these DPF threads being closed, and the subject becoming verboten here, but I admire John Simkin for allowing a free exchange, unfettered by the kinds of excessive control exercised on many other forums.

I share RCD's concerns about this kind of dirty laundry being aired out on the forum. I think I'll stop bemoaning the constant strife between warring individuals and cliques in the research community. It must be obvious, at this point, that such disputes may very well be more important than the JFK assassination itself, at least to those who continue to delight in engaging in dramatic words of war.

I am personally disallusioned by all this infighting. As I've noted before, I usually agree with most of those who feel compelled to keep arguing with each other. In this latest bit of theatrics, the players are all people whose views are normally in accord with my own. Myra Bronstein, for instance, was one of my very favorite posters here. I also admired Charles Drago's no-holds-barred posts, even while bemoaning his often bombastic style. I could never find anything bad to say about Dawn Meredith.

Let's pretend that all the best and brightest CTers could ever come together at one place- let's call it a convention, for lack of a better word. They've been granted the right (I know, this is impossibly naive, but please play along) to name their own blue ribbon investigative commission, to finally discern the truth about the assassination of John F. Kennedy. So...who would be on that commission? How would the CTers ever agree on even one member, let alone several? Is there one critic who someone would not passionately object to? This is the present state of the critical community; beset with an increasing number of those I call "neo-cons," or people who have grown to dismiss many of the strongest tenets of conspiratorial platform, and plagued by personal feuds between the most knowledgable CTers.

With all these beligerant debates, often involving personal matters and frequently between people who haven't ever met each other personally, it has become increasingly easy for suave LNers to cruise into forums like this and use the discord between CTers to their advantage. I wouldn't strongly object to these DPF threads being closed, and the subject becoming verboten here, but I admire John Simkin for allowing a free exchange, unfettered by the kinds of excessive control exercised on many other forums.

The infighting is beyond tiresome and I have very specific and very significant things I plan to accomplish as a JFK researcher/historian. That's where I want my energy and focus to go. I'm sorry for my role in your disillusionment Don. And I appreciate your post.