The Education Forum

Did Oswald recognise Jack Ruby?

Guest Duncan MacRae

Did Oswald recognise Jack Ruby?   

11 members have voted

1. 1. Did Oswald recognise Jack Ruby?

Ruby was told to get Oswald before Oswald had time to ask, "Why is there no one in front of me?" or "What are you doing, Jack?"

Which makes me wonder, why didn't JFK ask questions like "Why is there no press truck in front of us?" or "Where's General McHugh?" or (with the turn onto Houston) "Where are we going?" or "What's going on here?"

I think Mrs. Connally deliberately distracted him by saying, "You can't say Dallas doesn't love you." Then she had to react in a hurry when Connally told her, "My God, they're going to kill us all."

How relevant is the luminance and location of the light?

Is a reporter approaching with a microphone?

edit vote : no frigging idea

Edited by John Dolva

In my OPINION--and that's all it is--I think that, to Oswald, Ruby simply looked like a lot of other cops with their suits and hats. And the idea of seeing a cop in a suit wearing a hat, even with a gun drawn, in a police station might not have alarmed him. And I think that's what allowed Ruby to pull off the shooting of Oswald: because even the other cops didn't realize what was going down until it happened.

Did Oswald recognize Ruby" Perhaps no more than he recognized any of the other cops or reporters who were in the police station.