The Education Forum

Cold Fusion ?

Steven Gaal

At this time I am calling scam. If it were real, they would be pushing the details out to scientists worldwide, and those scientists would be scrambling to reproduce the experiment. If they can't reproduce the experiment, then there is something seriously wrong: errors in calculations, deliberate deceptions, who knows.... but without reproducibility, you got nothing.

After all, remember Fleischmann and Pons?

At this time I am calling scam. If it were real, they would be pushing the details out to scientists worldwide, and those scientists would be scrambling to reproduce the experiment. If they can't reproduce the experiment, then there is something seriously wrong: errors in calculations, deliberate deceptions, who knows.... but without reproducibility, you got nothing.

After all, remember Fleischmann and Pons?

Agreed. Just like anthropomorphic global warming claims are unproven for the same reasons you cite above. Of course, independent corroboration cannot occur if the data--that was used in the experiments--and the methodology employed which led to the conclusions reached--remains unavailable. But that is a different topic.

Of course though, I would hope that it was true. If cold fusion were a reality, much of our energy concerns would be addressed.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OVERVIEW OF 2010 alternative energy news. Evan you might like this.

SGaal

http://pesn.com/2011/01/06/9501744_Top_Free_Energy_News_Stories_2010/#RedIceCreations_Interview

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------