The Education Forum

Math Part 3

Ian,

The Elm St turn in Z was cut out for timing purposes, to hide what I've been previously presenting.

If I read your thoughts this way, we are in agreement.

chris

P.S. Check out the location of JFK, in the limo, in relation to the corner of the TSBD, in all films dealing with the Elm St turn.

For starters, use the Bell film. Keep the corner of the TSBD in mind.

Edited by Chris Davidson

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question 11:

If question 10 yields an interesting result, what would this numeric pattern reveal?

Answer:

Let's see:

133+24=157

157+33+190

190+41=231

231+24=255

255+24=279

279+33=312

312+41=353

chris

P.S. Something quite more interesting

Edited by Chris Davidson

Ian,

The Elm St turn in Z was cut out for timing purposes, to hide what I've been previously presenting.

If I read your thoughts this way, we are in agreement.

chris

P.S. Check out the location of JFK, in the limo, in relation to the corner of the TSBD, in all films dealing with the Elm St turn.

For starters, use the Bell film. Keep the corner of the TSBD in mind.

Chris

:up

Ian

I wish I had paid closer attention to the late Tom Wilson. His math calculations, if I recall

correctly, placed the head shot 30 FEET WEST of the generally accepted location. I do not

recall how he reached that conclusion.

Jack

Jack,

I couldn't remember the exact distance that Tom said either, but I found this:

According to "A Deeper, Darker Truth" by Donald Phillips, page 235: "Fatal shot to JFK's head occurred 7' 6" farther down Elm Street than the Zapruder film indicates."

Excellent work, Chris!

Thank you Greg.

I have more to go, so onward it is.

Question 13:

If I divide 18.3 FPS (Zfilm + my rating for Towner camera) by 22.8 FPS (Myers rate for Towner) and then apply that to a total of 168 Towner frames, I wonder what the frame total would be?

Answer:

18.3/22.8=.802

168 x .802= 134.8

168-134.8= 33.2 frames

chris

P.S. 33 frame difference, check other questions for the significance of that number.

Edited by Chris Davidson

Question 7:

If the NPIC created a document that stated:

1. jfk throat

2.74 frames later Connally

3.48 frames after that jfk head shot

then listed

1. 73.8

How would I decipher that?

Answer:

Connally hit at:

190+74=264-33frames=30ft@18.3 fps@11.3 mph=frame 231 or 157 + 74 =frame231

Frame 231+122(74+48)=frame 353

Frame 353, that sounds familiar.

It should, it's what Tom Purvis calculated to be the 2nd head shot down in front of Altgen's.

Tom Purvis: 29.7 feet covered in 2.1857923seconds/40 elapsed frames , = 0 .7425 ' per frame X 18.3 =13.58775 fps X 60 =815.265 fpm X 60 =48,915.9 fph/5280 =9.264375 mph. From Z313 to Z353

chris

P.S. Hide in plain sight!! Where have I heard that before.

Chris

I can see You and Tom have put a lot into this and it is appreciated by many.

Would this indicate the cut in the towner film to be non_accidental?. And the timing between the shots remains the same

Just 30 feet further down Elm?.Would this also tell us why the wound ballistics are so confusing as to the angle of entrance ,with JBC and JFK leaning way over to the left and not in an upright position to recieve the wounds makes a bit more sense of the impact orientations.

I wish I paid more attention to math all those years ago.

Ian

Ian,

I didn't mean to shorten you on the rest of your question. If I wanted to hide a shot farther down the street, I might just take part of that frame and implement into the frame up the street.

This way, if the 353 shot was from the TSBD, it would appear that 313 was a shot from that location.

Very easy 1 frame fix.

Would that clear up any of the ballistics mess, I don't know, but it would be a very quick and easy solution.

chris

313-3531.gif

Excellent find Duncan... thanks

btw - I did a screen grab at the end of the video... in a different thread Jack and others discussed the retouching of Cabluck and now watching this...

The retouched area is directly infront of the Storm Drain entrance/exit and should only show the picket fence... was there a hole in the fence that day?

side note: I thought the drain-shot was proven impossible... but sure would make up for all those people saying they hear shots "that sounded like firecrackers or motocycle engine pops" since these sounds were all described as AT STREET LEVEL and not 65 feet up and 120 feet back behind the limo. (sorry I forget whether it was DSL or Lane who brought this simple concept to light... but if sounds are all coming from the STREET LEVEL.... it might be prudent to assume that some of the shots also originiated AT STREET LEVEL.

Edited by David Josephs

Question 14:

If Towner frame 92 aligns JFK with the corner of the TSBD, 76 frames later it ends. Why is that important?

Answer:

76 (JFK TSBD aligned) + 57 (33+24) ( to frame 133) + 24?=157 (film splice).

(24+76)=100 (WC JFK frame start ) + 33(30ft) + 24?= 157 (film splice)

chris

P.S. Where does the 24? come in to play? Hint!!! What's the difference between (Towner JFK aligned) and (WC frame start)?

btw - I did a screen grab at the end of the video... in a different thread Jack and others discussed the retouching of Cabluck and now watching this...

The retouched area is directly infront of the Storm Drain entrance/exit and should only show the picket fence... was there a hole in the fence that day?

side note: I thought the drain-shot was proven impossible... but sure would make up for all those people saying they hear shots "that sounded like firecrackers or motocycle engine pops" since these sounds were all described as AT STREET LEVEL and not 65 feet up and 120 feet back behind the limo. (sorry I forget whether it was DSL or Lane who brought this simple concept to light... but if sounds are all coming from the STREET LEVEL.... it might be prudent to assume that some of the shots also originiated AT STREET LEVEL.

David,

Garrison was pretty much convinced that a shot originated from there and Prouty told me that he hadn't ruled that location out himself, although Prouty avoided theorizing about the details...

Garrison speaks about the possibility of a shooter in the storm drain at about the 17:30 mark in this audio clip:

http://www.prouty.org/garrison/garrison.ram

I did a very rudimentary study about a dozen years ago. Then I did a further--much more in depth--study a few years later assisted by Scott Myers. I took photos from inside the sewer drain and experimented with angles and space for accommodating a weapon. While I don't think that a "standard size" rifle could have been reasonably employed that day from that location, there is plenty of room for various modified or "special" rifles, which were available in 1963...and definitely a handgun could have been used from there. The location of the actual head shot (meaning, the location on Elm St) would have probably necessarily been a distance farther west than the spot marked "X" today on Elm Street. We also investigated the point where the storm drain meets the Trinity River. It isn't just a fanciful contrivance, it is plausible.

Edited by Greg Burnham

I wish I had paid closer attention to the late Tom Wilson. His math calculations, if I recall

correctly, placed the head shot 30 FEET WEST of the generally accepted location. I do not

recall how he reached that conclusion.

Jack

Jack,

I couldn't remember the exact distance that Tom said either, but I found this:

According to "A Deeper, Darker Truth" by Donald Phillips, page 235: "Fatal shot to JFK's head occurred 7' 6" farther down Elm Street than the Zapruder film indicates."

Thanks, Monk! I hope Chris finds that useful.

What I was referring to was talks years earlier with Tom, where he mentioned his calculations that

JFK was approximately abreast the storm drain gutter opening in the north curb. It may have been

"me" that came up with the 30' figure.

Jack

Question 7:

If the NPIC created a document that stated:

1. jfk throat

2.74 frames later Connally

3.48 frames after that jfk head shot

then listed

1. 73.8

How would I decipher that?

Answer:

Connally hit at:

190+74=264-33frames=30ft@18.3 fps@11.3 mph=frame 231 or 157 + 74 =frame231

Frame 231+122(74+48)=frame 353

Frame 353, that sounds familiar.

It should, it's what Tom Purvis calculated to be the 2nd head shot down in front of Altgen's.

Tom Purvis: 29.7 feet covered in 2.1857923seconds/40 elapsed frames , = 0 .7425 ' per frame X 18.3 =13.58775 fps X 60 =815.265 fpm X 60 =48,915.9 fph/5280 =9.264375 mph. From Z313 to Z353

chris

P.S. Hide in plain sight!! Where have I heard that before.

Chris

I can see You and Tom have put a lot into this and it is appreciated by many.

Would this indicate the cut in the towner film to be non_accidental?. And the timing between the shots remains the same

Just 30 feet further down Elm?.Would this also tell us why the wound ballistics are so confusing as to the angle of entrance ,with JBC and JFK leaning way over to the left and not in an upright position to recieve the wounds makes a bit more sense of the impact orientations.

I wish I paid more attention to math all those years ago.

Ian

Ian,

I didn't mean to shorten you on the rest of your question. If I wanted to hide a shot farther down the street, I might just take part of that frame and implement into the frame up the street.

This way, if the 353 shot was from the TSBD, it would appear that 313 was a shot from that location.

Very easy 1 frame fix.

Would that clear up any of the ballistics mess, I don't know, but it would be a very quick and easy solution.

chris

313-3531.gif

Astounding, Chris! I think you've got it!

And I think I now remember what Tom Wilson said...it may have been 30 or 40 FRAMES farther west, NOT FEET!

Jack

Excelllent, David. I urge further study of Wilson's work. He found many things, but new to the case, he did not always realize

the significance of his finds!

Jack