The Education Forum

Korey Rowe, producer of Loose Change arrested for selling heroin

Len Colby

January 28, 2011

'Loose Change' filmmaker arrested

Staff Report The Daily Star The Daily Star Fri Jan 28, 2011, 05:02 PM EST

ONEONTA — "Loose Change" filmmaker Korey Rowe, 27, of Oneonta, was arrested Thursday by Oneonta police and charged with sale of heroin.

According to a media release from the police, Rowe was arrested with 19-year-old Daniel Marte Jr. of the Bronx after the two men sold seven packets of heroin to an undercover police officer.

http://thedailystar.com/breakingnews/x1514638222/Loose-Change-filmmaker-arrested

From a more recent article:

The arrests were made at about 4:50 p.m. on Interstate 88 near westbound Exit 13, with the assistance of Otsego deputies, police said.

Seized during the investigation was $6,400 in cash and an additional 27 packets of heroin found in Marte's possession, police said.

Rowe and Marte were arraigned Friday in Oneonta City Court and sent to the Otsego County jail, police said.

Rowe was released on $10,000 cash, or $20,000 bond bail, and Marte was still held on $25,000 cash bail, or $50,000 bond, a jail officer said Friday evening.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x187081086/Loose-Change-filmmaker-charged-with-heroin-sale

Edited by Len Colby

• Dylan Avery posted the “statement from Korey below” on his Facebook page, February 1 at 3:25am. The ellipsis is in the original.

“I did not sell heroin to the undercover police officer as I am accused of doing. I was not charged for possession because I did not posses anything I should not have had…. This is an atrocity and I apologize to the community, my family, friends and loved ones. I will make every effort to make right this awful situation as fast as possible. Thank you to everyone who has shown me such great support in these trying times. I am working with my attorneys and can make no further statements this time.”

One wonders why if he had done nothing wrong he "apologize[d] to the community, my family, friends and loved ones" and promised to "make every effort to make right this awful situation as fast as possible". He seems to acknowledge that he was in the car when the buy was made but denies involvement. But since the guy from the Bronx had $6400 and many other heroin packets on him it obviously wasn't the first sale of the day nor would it have been the last if they weren't busted, thus it's hard to believe Rowe was simply 'in the wrong place at the wrong time'.

Edited by Len Colby

• 1 month later...