The Education Forum

A Call for a Congressional Hearing

Guest Robert Morrow

Please see - http://justiceforkennedy.blogspot.com/2011/02/call-for-congressional-hearing.html

I would like to have a congressional hearing on the JFK Act.

Thank you,

Joe Backes

I think it is very important to contact the Dallas DA's office and the Dallas police cold case unit and urge them to re-open the case. And some folks they should focus on in particular are George Herbert Walker Bush, David Rockefeller, Henry Kissinger and definitely Michael and Ruth Paine. Jack Reville would be another person who is alive and who deserves attention.

The guy that must be convinced and the one with the power and responsibility to hold such oversight hearings on the JFK Act is now Rep. Darrel Issa, the richest man in Congress, an Arab and one with a criminal record.

JFKcountercoup: Rep. Darrel Issa (R. Calf.)

One of the advantages of studying history is realizing that

every country has its own version of manifest destiny,

unless we are speaking of Micronesia as an example...

Study the various quotes regarding the Kennedy assassination

by figures such as Richard Nixon, J Edgar Hoover, etc.,

and the quote "bad for the country"........

And at the same time remember that the knowledge of historical

fact is directly related to the family...

So one of the big problems regarding "Mighty Wurlitzers"

and controversial issues is that each new generation

must be educated in the truth of history....

Irrespective of political expediency and

wherever it takes you.....

A real problem in a country where politicians

wrapping themselves in the American flag

is about as common as seeing a traffic jam

on your morning news....

Is that anyone's idea of a culture that is interested

in the truth at any cost......

I believe the most taboo sentence in the United

States does not have to do with radical Islam

or playing the race card, but is the

simple sentence "reform the government"

Any significant politician in the 20th century

who sought to defy the war machine [that is an

integral part of American history]

found themselves in a very bad spot;

an understatement if there ever was one.

Consider that our government's

greatest contribution to restoring

public confidence in its institutions

would be a real pulling back the veil

on the remaining classified documents

regarding the 1960's assassinations,

and the fact that not one of the media

outlets in America, has seconded the idea

and you get a real picture of how things work,

or don't work.

Some people probably hate dissenting voices for

the same reason that others who voice unpopular sentiments do.

The idea it is un-American to sincerely criticize your country

for non-partisan reasons, and with the desire to work for the common good

under any circumstances; the whole mindset of such people is that we live

in a country that is so perfect, there is no need for improvement.

Does the current state of the Union resemble a divine or secular utopia?

I love my country, but that is the whole point. It's our country, just as much as it is

the upper 2% on the richest American's or members of the Bohemian Club, or

trans-nationalist's in our government or anywhere else. And if you love your country,

you speak out when you see something that is not right, not stand around watching

naked emperors in front of television cameras and commenting how well dressed they are,

or reading and watching about "grass-roots" political movements, that are

dedicated to preserving the status quo, or worse.

Inspired by Joe Backes, I have started a petition to the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee.

Because the last petition I started was defaced and signed by anonymous idiots, I won't post the link to it publicly on forums until there are enough to make such attacks inconsequential.

If you want to sign the petition, send me an emial at bkjfk3@yahoo.com and I will send you the link.

If you have already received an email from me with the link, you can share the link to the petition with anyone you feel will be interested in signing it.

BK

Inspired by Joe Backes, I have started a petition to the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee.

Because the last petition I started was defaced and signed by anonymous idiots, I won't post the link to it publicly on forums until there are enough to make such attacks inconsequential.

If you want to sign the petition, send me an emial at bkjfk3@yahoo.com and I will send you the link.

If you have already received an email from me with the link, you can share the link to the petition with anyone you feel will be interested in signing it.

BK

I have signed and will forward it.

Dawn

BK

I have signed and will forward it.

Dawn

You can also print this out and fax it to the committee and request that you be notified when they schedule a JFK Act Oversight Hearing.

If we get a hundred people to fax that request that might get their attention.

Also contact them via Facebook:

House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Republicans

Darrell Issa

To: U.S. CongressTo: U.S. Congress House Oversight Committee

2157 Rayburn House Office Building

Washington, D.C. 20513

(202) 225-5074(202) 225-3974 (Fax)

Re: Congressional Oversight of JFK Act

To: Rep. Darrel Issa (R. Calf.), Chairman of the House Oversight and Reform Committee and Rep. James Lankford (Rep. Ok.5) Chairman of the Sub-committee on Technology, Information Policy, Governmental Relations and Procurement Reform and members of the relevant sub-committee - Vice Chair Rep. Mike Kelly (R. Pa.3), Jason Chaffetz (UT. 3), Tim Walberg (MI-7), Paul Labrador (ID-1), Pat Meehan (PA.7), Blake Farentold (TX-27), Gerald Connolly (D. Va.), Christopher Murphy (D. Conn.), Stephen Lynch (D. Mass)].

Congress passed the JFK Act of 1992, requiring the release of all government records related to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in order to regain the public's confidence in government, which has been in steady decline since November 1963. That has not happened.

The House Oversight Committee has not held one hearing on this issue in nearly 15 years (June 1997), despite the destruction of Secret Service documents, the loss of national security records and the continued wrongful withholding of records that Congress has ordered released to the public.

It is imperative that Congress take some action to ensure that the law is enforced, the work mandated by the JFK Assassination Records Act is completed, and the government regain the confidence of the American public.

Therefore, we, the undersigned citizens of the United States and the free world, do hereby request the House Oversight Committee do its duty and hold public oversight hearings on the JFK Act.

Sincerely,

Edited by William Kelly

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tom Scully

The guy that must be convinced and the one with the power and responsibility to hold such oversight hearings on the JFK Act is now Rep. Darrel Issa, the richest man in Congress, an Arab and one with a criminal record.

JFKcountercoup: Rep. Darrel Issa (R. Calf.)

I suspect Issa just fired his spokesperson because Issa cares more about staying in the good graces of Politico than NYT.

Even if the appeal for action accomplishes a miracle akin to threading a camel through the eye of a needle, and a hearing actually materializes, here is an example of what else Rep. Issa and his fellow radicals in congress are up to.:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/26/AR2011022600330.html

Anxiety on all sides of upcoming House hearing on radicalization of U.S. Muslims

Zuhdi Jasser leads the American Islamic Forum for Democracy. So far, he is the only non-lawmaker on the witness list for the House hearings.

Zuhdi Jasser leads the American Islamic Forum for Democracy. So far, he is the only non-lawmaker on the witness list for the House hearings. (Matthew Dutile)

COMMENT

474 Comments | View All »

COMMENTS ARE CLOSED

By Michelle Boorstein

Washington Post Staff Writer

Sunday, February 27, 2011; 10:55 PM

In some ways, Zuhdi Jasser doesn't match the profile of the typical Muslim American. He's an active Republican who has supported the U.S. wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, is an advocate for Israel and says his faith harbors "an insidious supremacism."

Yet the Scottsdale, Ariz., doctor will be the face of American Islam for a Capitol Hill moment. Other than members of Congress, Jasser is the only witness that Rep. Peter T. King (R-N.Y.) has identified so far for his upcoming hearings on radicalization of American Muslims.

King, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, has called the hearings to start March 9....

It is not the early 1990's, they're out in the open with their

extremism and proud of it. They learned nothing from the resulting blow back after their failed attempt to impeach Clinton.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2011/02/25/newt-gingrich-obama-could-be-impeached-over-gay-marriage-reversal?s_cid=rss:washington-whispers:newt-gingrich-obama-could-be-impeached-over-gay-marriage-reversal

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who plans within two weeks to announce if he will run for president, said today that if President Obama doesn't change his mind and order his Justice Department to enforce the Defense of Marriage Act, Republicans in Congress should strike back and even consider impeachment proceedings....

The "impeachable offense" is not about "failure to enforce the law." Lawyers in the Department of Justice determined that the law is unconstitutional because it was intended to disenfranchise one minority group and announced the department will not defend the law in court.

http://volokh.com/2011/02/23/doj-doma-is-unconstitutional/

the Attorney General announced:

After careful consideration, including a review of my recommendation, the President has concluded that given a number of factors, including a documented history of discrimination, classifications based on sexual orientation should be subject to a more heightened standard of scrutiny. The President has also concluded that Section 3 of DOMA, as applied to legally married same-sex couples, fails to meet that standard and is therefore unconstitutional. Given that conclusion, the President has instructed the Department not to defend the statute in such cases. I fully concur with the President’s determination.

Hey Tom,

It doesn't matter what political persuasion or belief any Congressman has, if Congressional Oversight Hearings are held on the JFK Act, they can't not review the destruction of Secret Service records after they were requested by the ARRB, and can't refuse to investigate the wrongfull with holding of assassination records orderd released by the JFK Act.

Why haven't you signed the petition?

Even those who believe Oswald killed JFK all by himself should support this effort, because they should believe that the records still with held will support their theory.

JFK Act Oversight Hearings Petition\

If JFK Act Oversight Hearings are held within the next two years, they CAN make a difference.

New sworn testimony under oath, new witnesses, new records reviewed, and possibly released, and a new VENUE established for the presentation of new witnesses and evidence.

Only those who want to protect the guilty would be opposed to the JFK Act from being properly overseen by a Congressional Committee.

Bill Kelly

JFKcountercoup: JFK Act Oversight Petition

• 2 weeks later...

Sunshine Week is Underway and the Congressional Oversight Committee will be holding a full committee hearing from 9am-11am on St. Patrick's Day - Thursday, March 17, 2011 on the subject of "The Freedom of Information Act: Crowd-Sourcing Government Oversight."

JFKcountercoup

jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com

Those scheduled to testify include: Miriam Nisbet - NARA; Daniel Metcalfe – Collaboration on Government Secrecy; Tom Fitton – Judicial Watch; Rick Blum – Sunshine in Government; Angela Canterbury – Project on Open Government Oversight.

This hearing may be televised in the USA on CSPAN live or delayed at another time.

It will be a good time to view the committee at work and see how such hearings are conducted, so when they finally get around to holding a hearing on the JFK Act we know what to expect.

The two on-line petitions we have going requesting the committee hold hearings - include the original petition to the Democrats (with over 350 signatures JFK ACT Oversight Hearings - Signatures) and the more recent one (with nearly 200 JFK Act Oversight Hearings - Signatures), which will be presented to the Committee chairman and subcommittee chairmen and other members of the committee this week.

If you have yet to sign the petition you can do now or within the next week JFK Act Oversight Hearings Petition, and send the link to those friends you know who would like to sign it.

We also are requesting that people privately fax a letter to the Chairman of the Committee (Issa) requesting to be notified when a JFK Act Oversight Hearing is scheduled so arrangements can be made to attend or review the proceedings on CSPAN.

Here's my one-page letter that will give you an idea of what to day. If the committee gets 100 such faxes or letters mailed to them, they will hold a hearing, and you can be one who makes a difference. While some people may be shy about signing a public petition, your confidentially will be maintained and you can still have an impact by sending a one-page, polite fax and mailed letter to the Committee, as I have done.

Open Letter to the Chairman of the House Oversight Committeeof the USCongress Rep. Darrell Issa (R. Calf

Rep. Darrell Issa (R. Calf.) 2157 Rayburn House Office Building Washington, D.C. 20515

(202) 225-5074 /Fax: (202) 225-3974

Dear Rep. Issa,

As chairman of the House Oversight Committee, you areresponsible for holding public hearings that oversee the laws of the UnitedStates, including the JFK Act of 1992 and the work of the Assassination RecordsReview Board (ARRB), that has yet to be given any oversight since the ReviewBoard was dissolved over fifteen years ago.

The last time the Republicans controlled the Committee theydidn't conduct any oversight at all for over a decade, and the few years thatthe Democrats were in control they appeared sympathetic but "didn't want torock the boat." Well now you are in the driver's seat, and are threatening tohold oversight hearings every week, and if you do, then oversight of the JFKAct should be given a top priority.

It is an important subject that many Americans are concernedabout, and there will be an increase in interest with the 50thanniversary of the Kennedy administration. There are many questions thatdeserve to be addressed, including why Secret Service records rwereintentionally destroyed after they were requested by the ARRB, why otherimportant assassination records were destroyed, how national security recordscould go missing without any investigation of their disposition, and whysignificant numbers of records are still wrongfully and illegally being withheld.

This is a non-partisan issue supported by both Democrats andRepublicans, liberals or conservatives, conspiracy and non-conspiracy advocatesalike, and is of serious concern to the majority of Americaswho have lost their confidence in the government.

I believe you will take this issue seriously and request tobe notified, if and when you decide to schedule an oversight hearing on the JFKAct, so I can make arrangements to attend and review the proceedings that willbe of interest to all Americans.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter,

William Kelly Billkelly3@gmail.com

For those who are serious about utilizing and applying the Congressional Oversight powers to the JFK Act, you should get a copy and read this pamplet, The Art of Congressional Oversight: A User's Guide To Doing It Right (2009, POGO – Project On Government Oversight) with Chapter One available on line here: http://pogoarchives....k/chapter-1.pdf

http://www.pogo.org/cots/

http://pogoarchives....ok/contents.pdf

http://pogoarchives....k/chapter-1.pdf

Edited by William Kelly