The Education Forum

The money order that was never processed

Mr. BELIN. I hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit No. 788, which appears to be a U.S. postal money order payable to the order of Klein's Sporting Goods.....And on the reverse side there appears to be an endorsement of a bank. I wonder if you would read that endorsement, if you would, and examine it, please.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is a stamped endorsement reading "Pay to the order of the First National Bank of Chicago," followed by our account No. 50 space 91144, and that, in turn, followed by "Klein's Sporting Goods, Inc."

Mr. BELIN. Do you know whether or not that is your company's endorsement on that money order?

Mr. WALDMAN. It's identical to our endorsement.

Mr. BELIN. And I hand you what has been marked as Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 and ask you if you can state what this is.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is our endorsement stamp which reads the same as that shown on the money order in question.

Mr. BELIN. You have just now stamped Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 with your endorsement stamp?

Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.

( 7 H 367 )

http://i53.tinypic.com/15oieq1.jpg

The only endorsement on that money order was the stamp of Klein's Sporting Goods. The money order was never paid by any financial institution.

Mr. BELIN. I hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit No. 788, which appears to be a U.S. postal money order payable to the order of Klein's Sporting Goods.....And on the reverse side there appears to be an endorsement of a bank. I wonder if you would read that endorsement, if you would, and examine it, please.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is a stamped endorsement reading "Pay to the order of the First National Bank of Chicago," followed by our account No. 50 space 91144, and that, in turn, followed by "Klein's Sporting Goods, Inc."

Mr. BELIN. Do you know whether or not that is your company's endorsement on that money order?

Mr. BELIN. And I hand you what has been marked as Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 and ask you if you can state what this is.

Mr. WALDMAN. This is our endorsement stamp which reads the same as that shown on the money order in question.

Mr. BELIN. You have just now stamped Waldman Deposition Exhibit No. 9 with your endorsement stamp?

Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.

( 7 H 367 )

The only endorsement on that money order was the stamp of Klein's Sporting Goods. The money order was never paid by any financial institution.

Gil,

Isn't there an on-going thread on this topic already?

Let's not confuse the Cubans, because I am.

BK

Mr. WALDMAN. Correct.

( 7 H 367 )

Gil,

Isn't there an on-going thread on this topic already?

Let's not confuse the Cubans, because I am.

BK

One was that the money order was never processed, the other is that the amount on the deposit slip wasn't this particular money order. I guess in hindsight we could have combined them into one argument, that is that the money order itself and the deposit were both phony. I'll take note of that for future reference. :-)