The Education Forum

US drama The Kennedys has been given a UK air date.

Guest Robert Morrow

http://tv.sky.com/history-announces-kennedys-uk-premiere-dateUS drama The Kennedys has been given a UK air date.

The highly-anticipated series, which stars Greg Kinnear as John F

Kennedy and Katie Holmes as wife Jackie, will air on History from Thu 7 Apr,

just a few days after its premiere in the States.

Good. I am looking forward to seeing it when it gets on the air in the USA. I am always looking to learn more about the Kennedys! If the Kennedy family cared more about getting out the truth in the JFK assassination than covering up embarassing family sexual dysfunctions/affairs, we might be much farther along in the USA in dealing with the 1963 Coup d'Etat and we might even be in the process of holding some of the remaining murderers accountable.

I am thinking of you, George Herbert Walker Bush.

Now we will get a chance to actually see this film before we judge it.

Good luck with that, Barry. You don't have to sit through a silly drama with Katie Holmes unless you want to.

And if you want to learn history from a TELEVISION SOAP OPERA, there must be something lacking in your life.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Well although I don't think I'll watch it, I'm glad it got some outlet and is not totally censored, as even if it is only BS and fluff, to paraphrase Ollie Stone, it deserves a table at the market place of free ideas.

And I'm dissapointed in the effort to try to cancel the HBO/Tom Hanks production of Vincent Bugliosi's "Reframing Oswald," as I believe it is important for it to be produced and shown, as it will be recognized for what it is, and give opportunity for others to fill in the blanks as to what is not shown in their production.

Everytime an article is published that is wrong, or a television production or documentary is filmed and released that is wrong, raises the public interest in the case and provides an opportunity for the false aspects to be corrected, keeping the game going.

If those who want to prevent the Bug's "Reframing Oswald" from being produced are successful, then we won't have the opportunity to respond, and develop further publicity and public interest in the case.

It benefits everybody if they get it produced, as they will raise the bar and generate mass public and possibly even international interest, and other production companies will try to match them, taking different sides, and then everybody will get the opportunity to have a table at the market place of free ideas.

There is no difference between them keeping the truth from being produced and us keeping the bull xxxx from being produced, so we have to let them have a go at it, whatever it is they want to produce, but then we get a shot too...

Get it?

Bill Kelly

Edited by William Kelly

Ray

It's not my intention to learn history from this drama. I know enough of the real facts about the Kennedy family not to be fooled by a "television soap opera".You might be missing the point. Oliver Stone's film JFK was vilified before it was even finished. I watched it myself before I formed an opinion. I just want to do the same with this one. I may give up after half an hour, you may choose not to watch it all, that's your prerogative.

Ray

It's not my intention to learn history from this drama.

Hi Barry. My earlier post was written in haste and clumsily worded. Please accept my apology. I meant no offense to you personally, and I am well aware that you are a longtime and serious student of Of the assassination, and a valuable member of the UK team which continues to make a VITAL contribution to the inquiry.

It is just that the character assassination of JFK is a subject that drives me crazy.

Edited by J. Raymond Carroll

Thanks Ray, you have my respect.

Barry, you are very kind, and I look forward to meeting you some day.

I have had the great pleasure of meeting some of your UK friends and colleagues at conferences here in the US. I have especially fond memories of Ian Griggs, whom I met at Fredonia and also at conferences in D.C. and Dallas. Ian is a wonderful guy, and a great representative for his country. I have also had the pleasure of meeting Malcolm Blunt, and I think I have met a few other UK researchers, but my memory is not what it used to be.

There are three things I can't remember. The first is names, the second is faces, and I forget what the third one is!

Ray

We have met actually. It was in the Bar at the Dallas Grand Hotel in 1999. I was with Ian Griggs and a group of Brits. My first trip to Dallas, great time!

Please Forgive my AILING MEMORY, Barry.

I guess that means I owe you a pint, and I look forward to paying my debt.

I guess that means I owe you a pint, and I look forward to paying my debt.

Barry: If you and your compatriots would allow me, I would be honored to speak at the next DPUK conference. The topic I was thinking of is Jim Garrison, and how he deceived himself.

To make it interesting, I HEREBY CHALLENGE JIM DIEUGENIO to appear (paying his own expenses like me) and defend Garrison. I promise to give Jim notice of what I intend to say, so can be well prepared.