The Education Forum

US drama The Kennedys has been given a UK air date.

I'm amazed that conservative-run corporations aren't picking up the advertising slack. Why not, do you suppose?

I know lots of guys and gals who work in conservative corporations and who claim to be politically conservative, and are proud to say they vote for conservative candidates, and whom I consider friends, but I not recall any of them ever saying a bad word about JFK. I believe that our fellow member Craig Lamson is politically conservative, and I don't recall Craig ever saying a bad word about JFK.

Ronald Reagan was the leading conservative of his time and he made no secret of his admiration for JFK. I believe that, in that regard, Reagan spoke for a majority of Republicans.

Of course there are the Loonies who give conservatism a bad name.

Sy Hersh, on the other hand, who used forged documents to convince a major publisher to allow him to change the topic of his book from an investigation of JFK's assassination to a vicious piece of character assassination, is regarded as a LIBERAL.

Barry: If you and your compatriots would allow me, I would be honored to speak at the next DPUK conference. The topic I was thinking of is Jim Garrison, and how he deceived himself.

Ray, we might just take you up on that, if only just for the pint!

Ray, we might just take you up on that, if only just for the pint!

I expect that you have an embarrassment of riches this year, with outstanding speakers like Gerry McKnight who were unable to present last year, due to the Iceland Volcano. If the schedule is already crowded, so be it.

I would love to attend anyway, and I will try to swing it, but the prospect of addressing the conference would guarantee my attendance, whether Jim Di Eugenio accepts the challenge or not. I have been to Tunbridge Wells, where my Kentish cousins live, and I hear that Canterbury is a lovely town

I just looked at the DPUK website and cannot find the date for this years conference. Has the date been set?

I.. would definitely be interested in seeing J. Raymond Carroll spin and distort the evidence in person.

I am nearly certain I can make those dates if invited to speak, though I was shocked to see how much airfares have jumped since I was in London a few years ago. If Jim DI Eugenio is unable to attend (it is short notice) perhaps the good folks at DPUK would consider inviting Mr. Farley to present the pro-Garrison rebuttal?

I too have neglected to join DPUK, an omission I intend to rectify regardless of whether I make the conference.

Ray, The Conference is set for the 16th/17th April.

Hi Barry

Would you be so kind as to post some further details of the conference, please?

Cost, specific location, hotel rates, speakers, etc?

I'm interested in attending, I am not a DPUK member, but have a spare load of dosh and would definitely be interested in seeing J. Raymond Carroll spin and distort the evidence in person.

Thanks

Lee

Dealey Plaza UK - 9th Annual Seminar

Dates: 16/17 April 2011

Venue: Canterbury Christ Church University - Canterbury, Kent

A two day seminar with presentations and two Open Forums covering subjects associated with the Assassination of John Kennedy.

Subjects include the shooting of Officer Tippit, The attempted murder of Edwin Walker, and Oswald in Mexico.

For details please contact: Stuart Galloway

Stuart.galloway@ntlworld.com

Or Tel: 01767 223942

Thanks John, for posting the Seminar info.

Looking like a great conference.

Note for next year: I'd say that a few Yanks would love to attend if we had sufficient advance notice to incorporate the conference into a European vacation plan.