The Education Forum

The Kennedy Gallery

• 5 years later...

Very nice.  You may want to consider using a Blogspot image gallery app like this:

https://www.cincopa.com/media-platform/blogspot-widgets/image-gallery-slideshow#tab=grid-slider

It can be annoying when you click on every photo and your large site header appears and then you have to scroll down to see the larger version and then hit the back button to return to the gallery.  Just an idea.a Fält

You may want to consider using a Blogspot image gallery app...It can be annoying when you click on every photo and your large site header appears and then you have to scroll down to see the larger version and then hit the back button to return to the gallery.

Thanks for the suggestion. A good point too.

I just solved part of that problem by adding a command on that Thumbnails page that will automatically open each photo in a separate window (or tab) when a thumbnail pic is clicked. So you won't lose your place on the Thumbnail page.

However, I've noticed on another one of my sites that the "Open In New Tab" prompt/command doesn't work if you're using the Internet Explorer browser (which I don't use at all, except to check to see if my pages work on IE).

Do you use IE, Michael? If so, can you check this page below and see if the pages will open in a new window/tab like they should be doing now. Thanks. It works fine on Firefox, but not IE. ~shrug~

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2012/06/thumbnails.html

Of course, a command prompt isn't really needed to keep your place on a webpage. All you need to do is Right Click & Open Link in New Tab. I do that all the time, because I don't like to lose the previous page I was on either; and I can never know if the page I'm on will send a link to a new tab or not, so usually I'll just use the "Right Click / New Tab" option to begin with.

Right-Click-Options.png

Edited by David Von Pein

David, it does work in the newest and latest IE browser called Edge.  Of course, I don't know if it works in the older versions of IE since I don't use the older versions any more.

Glad you got them opening in a new window.  For reference, a quick and dirty way to create the code for new window openings is:

<a href="default.asp" target="_blank">

That target part will do it.  Thanks.

13 minutes ago, Michael Walton said:

David, it does work in the newest and latest IE browser called Edge.  Of course, I don't know if it works in the older versions of IE since I don't use the older versions any more.

10-4.

For reference, a quick and dirty way to create the code for new window openings is:

<a href="default.asp" target="_blank">

Yeah, I use the "target blank" code, preceded by the word "base". That does the job for me at Blogger.

Edited by David Von Pein