The Education Forum

How did Ruth Paine know the date the rifle shipped ?

If there is a non-innocent explanation for the calendar entries, I believe Richard G's take on it may come closest.

http://reopenkennedy...aine-s-calendar

Good ole' Harry again...

Whatever sins Harry committed, he more than made up for by accurately recording Oswald's stated movements at and around the time of the assassination.

The basic thing (imo) about Harry is that he was a very sly guy. There's a kind of self important wannabe sociopath about him. That's just my opinion from years of pondering on him. He wove himself into so much but the clincher is the well known fact that any coup must have an independent communications channel. From my reading the USPO and particularly the confederate leftovers, which I suspect were not inconsiderable, it had everything and it did so much regarding so many matters about the assassination. And : it no longer exists.

edit add:some may seem confusing. some elaboration : Harry described himself as a ''trained suspicioner''. He mixed in words that to me bespeaks a certain arrogance. His testimony outranks just about all in number and volume. The matters he had a finger in is also voluminous. The overall deference to him which he seemed to thrive upon creates a kind of room of mirrors and smoke all by itself.

The mechanism of a successful conspiracy involves absolutely a means of communication. The one most used is perhaps because so prevalent in so many matters of transmission of data in all forms but principally telecommunication and postal services becomes invisible because it is everywhere and becomes invisible. (the history of the USPO (not the USPS) is a bit hard to gather but its formation and role and the split and reformation in the mid 1800's, and things like patronaged spread.) It's role with the CIA particularly re the PI dep, et.c. .

Then the reasons for it no longer existng...

John, I understand the reasons for your suspicions about Harry. And I think there is good reason to believe them. But can they be proven?

OTOH, what he testified to and wrote about Oswald's last interrogation is beyond dispute. And what he wrote and said was (unlike the others) an accurate account of what Oswald said his movements were. We can be sure it's accurate because it reflects first day newspaper accounts as given to reporters by police as well Occhus Campbell. Truly's account as well, though it was not given to any reporter - rather, a reporter eavesdropped on what Truly told Fritz.

Harry's testimony is myth-busting stuff.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is a non-innocent explanation for the calendar entries, I believe Richard G's take on it may come closest.

http://reopenkennedy...aine-s-calendar

Good ole' Harry again...

Whatever sins Harry committed, he more than made up for by accurately recording Oswald's stated movements at and around the time of the assassination.

The basic thing (imo) about Harry is that he was a very sly guy. There's a kind of self important wannabe sociopath about him. That's just my opinion from years of pondering on him. He wove himself into so much but the clincher is the well known fact that any coup must have an independent communications channel. From my reading the USPO and particularly the confederate leftovers, which I suspect were not inconsiderable, it had everything and it did so much regarding so many matters about the assassination. And : it no longer exists.

edit add:some may seem confusing. some elaboration : Harry described himself as a ''trained suspicioner''. He mixed in words that to me bespeaks a certain arrogance. His testimony outranks just about all in number and volume. The matters he had a finger in is also voluminous. The overall deference to him which he seemed to thrive upon creates a kind of room of mirrors and smoke all by itself.

The mechanism of a successful conspiracy involves absolutely a means of communication. The one most used is perhaps because so prevalent in so many matters of transmission of data in all forms but principally telecommunication and postal services becomes invisible because it is everywhere and becomes invisible. (the history of the USPO (not the USPS) is a bit hard to gather but its formation and role and the split and reformation in the mid 1800's, and things like patronaged spread.) It's role with the CIA particularly re the PI dep, et.c. .

Then the reasons for it no longer existng...

John, I understand the reasons for your suspicions about Harry. And I think there is good reason to believe them. But can they be proven?

OTOH, what he testified to and wrote about Oswald's last interrogation is beyond dispute. And what he wrote and said was (unlike the others) an accurate account of what Oswald said his movements were. We can be sure it's accurate because it reflects first day newspaper accounts as given to reporters by police as well Occhus Campbell. Truly's account as well, though it was not given to any reporter - rather, a reporter eavesdropped on what Truly told Fritz.

Harry's testimony is myth-busting stuff.

Greg there seems to be reasons to believe that Harry was integral as an FBI informant, and confidant of Fritz and SS and CIA, Given the number of pies his fingers were in it strikes me he would have to be in the loop. Certainly a person of more than passing interest.

I find Harry baffling in many ways and a look at him opens up many avenues of research. While he is a source of much he is also a dead end in other matters.

I don't think that necessarily detracts from the point you are making.

I find Harry baffling in many ways and a look at him opens up many avenues of research. While he is a source of much he is also a dead end in other matters.

John, you certainly are the master of the understatement here.

IIRC she said she added that after LHO was arrested and the shipment became public knowledge. I think it was in her WC testimony.

The notation is marked "Oct. 23rd". I doubt she could have made that notation on November 23rd and been off by a month. Besides, Oswald "purchased" the rifle on the 12th, didn't he ?

Great observation, Gil.

So...why mark something after the fact and then have it entered into the record as "evidence"?