The Education Forum

"Oswald was arrested in Miami November 1962"

Len Colby

Oswald was arrested in Miami November 1962 with thirteen other's [sic]that were apart [sic] of an anti-Castro group.

Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I have never seen this claimed before and Google searches only turned up SK saying this was so.

Its important to distinguish that this is about a "claim" by Martino and Sturgis.

As of now there is no proof of the claim.

These characters: Martino, Sturgis, Hemming, are all infamous for planting stories that may or may not be true.

I can't say for a fact if Oswald was (arrested) in Miami other then the report I've read in the MFF Site, however, if you are referring to the stories of Oswald ever being in Miami in 1962. I would have to say yes he was, and I beleive that my mother cleared that up with William Kelly.

Here is another Forum thread that discusses this topic.

Oswald involved in fist fight?

This involved Jerry Buchanan and his brother Jim, who were an interesting pair to say the least.

I really do not believe this incident really happened and the "Oswald" in Florida was likely an impersonator.

Zach

Here is another Forum thread that discusses this topic.

Oswald involved in fist fight?

This involved Jerry Buchanan and his brother Jim, who were an interesting pair to say the least.

I really do not believe this incident really happened and the "Oswald" in Florida was likely an impersonator.

Zach

Zach: It is the same thread but thank you for your dilligence...b

Here you go you big dummy, I mean you reseacher you.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8575

LOL presumably you are referring to this from the linked thread:

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI REPORT

TO : FBI LA

TITLE : 13 UNIFORMED MEN SEIZED IN FLORIDA, ACCUSED OF

PLANNING ATTACK IN CUBA

DATE : 12/05/1962

PAGES : 11

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : LEE HARVEY OSWALD

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 03/22/1993

COMMENTS : ONE ORIGINAL PROVIDED

But obviously you didn’t bother to look at the document. Not all the details match but the titles and dates are exactly the same. See the relevant page below. Let’s see Hemming, some guy whose last name is Colby (no relation) among others but no Lees, Harveys, Oswalds, Alexs or Hidells, the closest is someone whose family name was Ponce de Leon.

13mendetail.png

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=9477&relPageId=6

Edited by Len Colby

Here you go you big dummy, I mean you reseacher you.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8575

LOL presumably you are referring to this from the linked thread:

DOCUMENT INFORMATION

ORIGINATOR : FBI REPORT

TO : FBI LA

TITLE : 13 UNIFORMED MEN SEIZED IN FLORIDA, ACCUSED OF

PLANNING ATTACK IN CUBA

DATE : 12/05/1962

PAGES : 11

DOCUMENT TYPE : PAPER, TEXTUAL DOCUMENT

SUBJECTS : LEE HARVEY OSWALD

CLASSIFICATION : UNCLASSIFIED

RESTRICTIONS : OPEN IN FULL

CURRENT STATUS : OPEN

DATE OF LAST REVIEW : 03/22/1993

COMMENTS : ONE ORIGINAL PROVIDED

But obviously you didn’t bother to look at the document. Not all the details match but the titles and dates are exactly the same. See the relevant page below. Let’s see Hemming, some guy whose last name is Colby (no relation) among others but no Lees, Harveys, Oswalds, Alexs or Hidells, the closest is someone whose family name was Ponce de Leon.

13mendetail.png

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=9477&relPageId=6

Len,

I beleive that everyone here has been talking about the fist fight between Oswald and Jerry Buchanan, and the arrest of Oswald and the twelve other men who were Cuban's not Hemming and his group of Interpen guy's, comeon man! Now, I can't for a fact say there was a fist fight between the two, there seems to be some evidence of the two having an encounter, however, the FBI has no hard evidence of it ever happening. With that said, my argument has not been whether there was a fist fight or not with Jerry or if Oswald did in-fact get arrested, my claim has been that my father met Oswald and Sturgis in Miami in 1962. That's it.

Just to clarify: the Buchanan incident is obviously separate from the 13 Anti-Castro fighters who were arrested. Whether the man Jack Ruby shot in Dallas on 11/22 ever made it to Florida during this time period is up for debate.

Here is another version of the story of the 13 Anti-Castro fighters from the Miami Herald via the great Latin American Studies website:

U.S. Nabs Anti-Castro Fighters-Why?

The list of men arrested is a very curious one. A few of them even resembled Lee Oswald and allegedly used the name "Oswald" during the 1962-1963 time frame in a variety of places, not just Florida.

Zach

Edited by Zach Robertson

Just to clarify: the Buchanan incident is obviously separate from the 13 Anti-Castro fighters who were arrested. Whether the man Jack Ruby shot in Dallas on 11/22 ever made it to Florida during this time period is up for debate.

Here is another version of the story of the 13 Anti-Castro fighters from the Miami Herald via the great Latin American Studies website:

U.S. Nabs Anti-Castro Fighters-Why?

The list of men arrested is a very curious one. A few of them even resembled Lee Oswald and allegedly used name "Oswald" during the 1962-1963 time frame in a variety of places, not just Florida.

Zach

Thanks Zack for this info. But, I think Ruby shot Oswald on the 23 not the 22, I thought there were two days of questioning with Oswald before Ruby shot him, also, I don't know of anyone in Hemmings group that would resemble Oswald, Oswald was a pretty unique looking guy. I hear a lot of stories and hearsay about a double, but I find no hard facts supporting the claim, also, when my father arrived back to Norwalk from Miami he mentioned to my mother that he met a Lee Oswald in Miami. I beleive that I at one time asked Judith Baker about this and if my mind serves me correct all she said was that Oswald knew or met Sturgis.

Thanks Zack for this info. But, I think Ruby shot Oswald on the 23 not the 22, I thought there were two days of questioning with Oswald before Ruby shot him, also, I don't know of anyone in Hemmings group that would resemble Oswald, Oswald was a pretty unique looking guy.

Thanks Scott. Obviously Kennedy was shot on 11/22 and Lee Oswald was shot on 11/24. I got a little ahead of myself! :lol:

I don't think these guys had to look exactly like Oswald to pass as him. He was not exactly a celebrity and general features, height, weight were close enough.

There is a video interview of Gerry Hemming where he describes Ed Collins as the best Oswald impersonator. It was here but it is not working on my computer right now. Maybe there is another link for this, or my real player is just acting up again.

Also, in my opinion, Steve Wilson was not too shabby as a perspective Oswald impersonator either.

Larry Hancock wrote a book called Someone Would Have Talked, which in my opinion, is the best on the subject of JFK. James Richards did the awesome photo pages and here are a couple worth posting under this topic. For good measure, William Seymour is thrown in the mix as well. All three of these guys were arrested with Hemming in the Dec. 1962 incident.

Chapter%2012%20Mistaken%20Identity%20photos.jpg

Part 1

Chapter%2012%20Mistaken%20ID%20part%202.jpg

Part 2

Zach

Thanks Zack for this info. But, I think Ruby shot Oswald on the 23 not the 22, I thought there were two days of questioning with Oswald before Ruby shot him, also, I don't know of anyone in Hemmings group that would resemble Oswald, Oswald was a pretty unique looking guy.

Thanks Scott. Obviously Kennedy was shot on 11/22 and Lee Oswald was shot on 11/24. I got a little ahead of myself! :lol:

I don't think these guys had to look exactly like Oswald to pass as him. He was not exactly a celebrity and general features, height, weight were close enough.

There is a video interview of Gerry Hemming where he describes Ed Collins as the best Oswald impersonator. It was here but it is not working on my computer right now. Maybe there is another link for this, or my real player is just acting up again.

Also, in my opinion, Steve Wilson was not too shabby as a perspective Oswald impersonator either.

Larry Hancock wrote a book called Someone Would Have Talked, which in my opinion, is the best on the subject of JFK. James Richards did the awesome photo pages and here are a couple worth posting under this topic. For good measure, William Seymour is thrown in the mix as well. All three of these guys were arrested with Hemming in the Dec. 1962 incident.

Chapter%2012%20Mistaken%20Identity%20photos.jpg

Part 1

Chapter%2012%20Mistaken%20ID%20part%202.jpg

Part 2

Zach

This is a very impressive set of photo's, I'm not sure who put them together, but they did a super job in trying to get every member who was involved in Interpen to be Oswald look a likes, and sense this information is coming from Hemming, I do have to consider that facts, first is the email sent to me by Rolando Masferrer. Also, when we have Jerry Buchanan who says he was in a fist fight with Oswald there has been some contravisory whether its true or not, secondly, we have Sturgis that denies having met Oswald or the story of Oswald trying to infiltrate the (ACB). Then we have Marita Lorenz saying six people including Ozzie and two unnamed Cuban brothers leave Miami in a caravan to Dallas and lastly I have my father saying he met Sturgis and Oswald in 1962 in Miami. Without further adieu, here is Rolando's email.

Dear Scott,

Thank you for contacting me. I'm actually Rolando Masferrer Rojas nephew my father was Rodolfo Masferrer Rojas. Everyone confuses me because of the name and because they would see me at Roland's side often. I met your father and saw your father often in the early '70 while he was associated with Wilfredo and Romy Navarro. I was the one who introduce my uncle Rolando to your father and to the Navarro's brothers. I also trained in the Everglades with your father which by the way he was a very interesting individual.

I was telling Erin Lacey that when she asked in her email if I knew your father I googled his name and brought back old memories some good some bad. I also came across the You Tube Videos and a Blog called JFK History which with all my respect in my opinion is full of inaccuracies. I have never paid much attention to JFK Cuban exile conspiracies specially when they were written by Jerry Patricks whom I consider someone that had nothing to do but seat and write garbage and that he did.

Scott if you like to sit down with me I'm open to all conversation you can reach me at 305-864-XXXX which is my home and business I work out of my apartment. From me you will receive straight answers and the truth to the best of my recollection. I will also make contact with a friend that was the person who introduced your father to me and he is a very dear friend of mine to see if he would like to join our conversation.

Cordially.

Rolando Masferrer

0000 Colins Avenue apt. 000

Miami Beach, Fl 33140

P.S. I too got ahead of myself and meant the 24th as being the day Oswald got shot. :D

Edited by Scott Kaiser

This is a very impressive set of photo's, I'm not sure who put them together, but they did a super job in trying to get every member who was involved in Interpen to be Oswald look a likes

Just to clarify again, NO ONE ever once attempted to get every member of Interpen to appear as an Oswald impersonator.

Steve Wilson is the main focus here. One can look at the images and decide for themselves.

John Thomas Masen was not a member of Interpen. His photo is there to show he really doesn't resemble Oswald despite earlier allegations.

Billy Lovelady was also not a member of Interpen. He worked at the TSBD with Oswald.

I really don't think it was very difficult to impersonate Lee Harvey Oswald.

Information independent from Gerry Hemming and photographs of Edwin Anderson Collins are available on this Forum and the Spartacus website for your perusal.

Thanks,

Zach

Edited by Zach Robertson

This is a very impressive set of photo's, I'm not sure who put them together, but they did a super job in trying to get every member who was involved in Interpen to be Oswald look a likes

Just to clarify again, NO ONE ever once attempted to get ever member of Interpen to appear as an Oswald impersonator.

Steve Wilson is the main focus here. One can look at the images and decide for themselves.

John Thomas Masen was not a member of Interpen. His photo is there to show he really doesn't resemble Oswald despite earlier allegations.

Billy Lovelady was also not a member of Interpen. He worked at the TSBD with Oswald.

Information independent from Gerry Hemming and photographs of Edwin Anderson Collins are available on this Forum and the Spartacus website for your perusal.

Thanks,

Zach

Okay, I understand were you're coming from, however, I'm not getting it. Who started this whole Oswald double look a like in the first place and what was they're motive? I plan on having a discussion with Mr. Masferrer as to whether his uncle Rolando knew Oswald and if he or anyone he knows may have anything on Oswald being in Miami. I have several contacts in Miami, and I plan on going down there in the next month or two, I want to tape record my conversations with them as I taped recorded my conversation with Tony Calatayud, I would like to put this Oswald double theory to rest.

Just to clarify again, NO ONE ever once attempted to get ever member of Interpen to appear as an Oswald impersonator.

Thanks,

Zach

Okay, I understand were you're coming from, however, I'm not getting it. Who started this whole Oswald double look a like in the first place and what was they're motive? I plan on having a discussion with Mr. Masferrer as to whether his uncle Rolando knew Oswald and if he or anyone he knows may have anything on Oswald being in Miami. I have several contacts in Miami, and I plan on going down there in the next month or two, I want to tape record my conversations with them as I taped recorded my conversation with Tony Calatayud, I would like to put this Oswald double theory to rest.

"I would like to put this Oswald double theory to rest." - Scott Kaiser

That would be terrific if you you could do that Scott, but consider the fact that Oswald was elsewhere when he was alleged to have been in Miami.