The Education Forum

JFK Feared LBJ Becoming President

John Navin

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2011/09/08/jfk_feared_lbj_becoming_president.html

"Jacqueline Kennedy recalled in a series of oral-history interviews recorded in 1964, but just released, that President Kennedy felt strongly that Lyndon Johnson shouldn't become president, ABC News reports. In the months just before his death in 1963 he has even begun talking to his brother, Robert Kennedy, "about ways to maneuver around Johnson in 1968."

Said Mrs. Kennedy: "Bobby told me this later, and I know Jack said it to me sometimes. He said, 'Oh, God, can you ever imagine what would happen to the country if Lyndon was president?'"

"Mrs. Kennedy describes a vice president who was far from the inner sanctum of power. She describes a lieutenant who resisted the president's efforts to solicit his input and involve him, even in areas that interested him.""

http://politicalwire..._president.html

"Jacqueline Kennedy recalled in a series of oral-history interviews recorded in 1964, but just released, that President Kennedy felt strongly that Lyndon Johnson shouldn't become president, ABC News reports. In the months just before his death in 1963 he has even begun talking to his brother, Robert Kennedy, "about ways to maneuver around Johnson in 1968."

Said Mrs. Kennedy: "Bobby told me this later, and I know Jack said it to me sometimes. He said, 'Oh, God, can you ever imagine what would happen to the country if Lyndon was president?'"

"Mrs. Kennedy describes a vice president who was far from the inner sanctum of power. She describes a lieutenant who resisted the president's efforts to solicit his input and involve him, even in areas that interested him.""

Unfortunately, we found out the answer to that question.

Turns out that JFK's pontifications on the treachery of LBJ were well founded, just not implemented soon enough. LBJ and his buddy Hoover should have been rightly brought up on conspiracy to commit and cover up JFK's murder.

In the mid 60's the US top office for President and Law were just as low as the Mafia in commiting murder to get power. And what they have done to the US is still showing up these days, with even more corruption in terms of control and fascist elements running the US Govt.

The latter 60's should have been filled with public hangings or firing squads in downtown DC, due to the JFK conspirators convictions for murder and conspiracy.

=======

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jfk-scorned-his-successor-lbj-2352234.html

JFK scorned his successor LBJ

10 September 2011

John F Kennedy openly scorned the notion of Vice-President Lyndon B Johnson succeeding him in office, according to a book of newly released interviews with Jacqueline Kennedy.

She said her husband even discussed ways to prevent Johnson from winning the Democratic nomination in a future contest.

Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F Kennedy includes a series of interviews the former first lady gave to the historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr shortly after her husband's assassination in 1963. JFK chose Johnson, a Texas senator, as his running mate in 1960. But Mrs Kennedy recalled in the 1964 interviews: "He said, 'Oh, God, can you ever imagine what would happen to the country if Lyndon were President?'". Johnson was sworn in as President hours after JFK's assassination.

=====

Edited by Jim Phelps