The Education Forum

Reminder----Jackie Kennedy Speaks Out

Jim Phelps

FOR USA readers, a reminder:

Update: More on Good Morning America and Night Line shows in following days.

Watch 9 pm this evening on ABC Network---Jackie Speaks from Beyond. Courtesy of Daughter Caroline for the 50 th Inaguration Anniversary.

The 2 hour special tonight only covered parts of the 8.5 hours of Jackie's tapes. There will be more tomorrow on Good Morning America and even more on the next Nightline. So, the Jackie revelations continue beyond today.

Caroline tells she left the tapes unedited to maintain their continuity to what Jackie Kennedy wanted to say.

There should be a huge window of opportunity renewed in the JFK theme for the next few weeks/months, and Jackie is going to finger LBJ rather well. Mrs. Lincoln fingers the "Birchers" on the plane ride back from Dallas, along with fingering LBJ.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/jackie-in-her-own-words-2353592.html

Just add in LBJ's big banker buddies involved in the JBS: Rockefeller, Merchinson, and their Fed. Res. Extensions. Toss in Walker and Rousellot, from Nixon and Ronnie Reagan land. Then Dallas HL Hunt's huge Bircher support and his NAZI buddies ravelling in the Jewish types like LBJ's Jaffe, Ruby, those from PERMINDEX, Bloomfield, and the Zionists.

==========

Jackie speaks to loosing "Arabella" and wanting to move from the house she decorated with nurseries. She delivered John Jr. by Caesarean.

Tonight's LBJ revelations were they thought LBJ and didn't do anything. Had a drinking problem and worry of reliabilty.

Seems as ABC's Producers might be slighting the real dirt contained in these tapes as it relates to LBJ.

Gov. Connally of Texas was running down JFK over his Addision's Disease illness on the day of the Assassination.

Edited by Jim Phelps

I hope ABC or someone else makes a transcript of the whole thing.

By reading parts of the tapes it is now official that JFK and LBJ had totally different political views. JFK thought LBJ would have been bad for America. The people who claim JFK would have followed LBJ's path in Vietnam struck out. Kudos to the researchers and historians who pointed out that JFK would have sought peace in Vietnam. His troop withdrawal attempt in 1963 and private conversations with friends about leaving Vietnam should have left no doubts in anyone's minds that JFK was no LBJ; but these tapes provide even further evidence. From the Independent UK article cited above, quoting Jackie:

"He didn't like that idea that Lyndon would go on and be President because he was worried for the country."

LN will maybe spin this into saying JFK was speaking about economic issues, despite the fact that LBJ went on to become one of the worst foreign-policy Presidents of all-time (immediately reversing JFK's withdrawal plans) as opposed to being one of the worst domestic-policy President. Hillary Clinton actually praised LBJ's role in advancing Civil Rights a few years ago.

Edited by Andric Perez

I always read about Jackie that she made fun of people like William F. Buckley. Last night she said something about Mamie Eisenhower (one of the most homely woman I've ever seen). Jackie said she looked like she was always sucking on a lemon.

I was surprised how much she hated DeGaulle and the French people, whom she felt looked down their noses at Americans. I know she was part French, and supposedly, knew much about French history and spoke the language fluently.

The pink suit she wore was a knock-off from a Chanel suit. American women felt she should wear American clothes. Especially since she spent so much money on clothes.

Although she hasn't said much about LBJ, I guess we'll hear more. (I still can't get over that phone call.) At least we heard how she really spoke. On the Tour of the White House, in the beginning, she sounds like (Norman Mailer quote) "Marilyn Monroe playing Ophelia."

I enjoyed the show. I want to hear more. I couldn't tape the thing because someone gave me their HD Wide Screen TV and I couldn't get ABC on the access channel.

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins

MLK gave his speech "I have been to the the Mountaintop" speech as if he knew his time was near, perhaps profitizing his end, and it would be shortly after his speech he was assassinated.

President Kennedy said right after the failed BOP "Well if they are going to shoot me, now's the time". Was Kennedy also profitizing his end?

MLK gave his speech "I have been to the the Mountaintop" speech as if he knew his time was near, perhaps profitizing his end, and it would be shortly after his speech he was assassinated.

President Kennedy said right after the failed BOP "Well if they are going to shoot me, now's the time". Was Kennedy also profitizing his end?

====

"Profitizing"?

MLK was a "Preacher Man" and using religion for what the Catholic and Baptist missionairies and such did to combat Communism. All the Birchers, Hoover, and the Southern Hate clubs on Civil Rights branded anything to do with the Civil Rights issues as Communist inspired.

MLK was even trained at the "Communist Training Camp" called "The Highlanders Folk School" in Montagle, Tennessee. They basically taught the same thing the Essene believed.

So, these JBS types absolutely hated to see MLK using religion as a platform to kick the US's rear end on Communist Inspired Civil Rights aggitation. So, pretty much the same bunch of crooks that offed JFK were behind offing MLK.

I suspect if MLK got into the Jesus and Essene issues of Mt. Carmel, that would have really burnt the religion schemers that suppressed the knowledge on the Essene beliefs of Mary, Joseph, Jesus and the lot. History attempts to bury lots of things, from the truths on JFK, to those of the Essene and their differences with the Babylon Talmudist Jewish sects.

I always read about Jackie that she made fun of people like William F. Buckley. Last night she said something about Mamie Eisenhower (one of the most homely woman I've ever seen). Jackie said she looked like she was always sucking on a lemon.

I was surprised how much she hated DeGaulle and the French people, whom she felt looked down their noses at Americans. I know she was part French, and supposedly, knew much about French history and spoke the language fluently.

The pink suit she wore was a knock-off from a Chanel suit. American women felt she should wear American clothes. Especially since she spent so much money on clothes.

Although she hasn't said much about LBJ, I guess we'll hear more. (I still can't get over that phone call.) At least we heard how she really spoke. On the Tour of the White House, in the beginning, she sounds like (Norman Mailer quote) "Marilyn Monroe playing Ophelia."

I enjoyed the show. I want to hear more. I couldn't tape the thing because someone gave me their HD Wide Screen TV and I couldn't get ABC on the access channel.

Kathy C

===========

The TV special did give America the more touching side presentation for JFK and accentuated the "Family Man: a good bit.

It was well presented for JFK and Jackie in a pretty positive light, which likely catered to Caroline.

Jackie didn't think too highly of Ike's wife, as she ran her around too soon after the delivery of John Jr. by C-section. Jackie also didn't like the Indian PM's wife too well.

They still hid her tobacco addiction, but there was the match being stuck at the beginning. Didn't see a single photo of her smoking or brown stained fingers.

I think they certainly side stepped the "land mine issue" of the LBJ involvement on the JFK hit.

There will be window of opportunity to get JFK and Jackie discussions started again in the minds of the masses, just make good use for awareness raising it provides.

I, myself, bring out the JBS crooks in Dallas and New Orleans as the "Ring Leaders" for the JFK hit. Then get into the NAZI alliances in Texas with Hunt and Walker, and their games of inciting the Jewish involvements to hit JFK. LBJ was essentially funded by a blank check from "Morris Jaffee" of Dallas because the USAEC types were doing corrupt uranium deals like the previous corrupt agricultural deals with "Billy Estes", and then "Bobby Baker" and LBJ corrupt deals for General Dynamics came into view with ties to Clint Merchison.

---

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKestes.htm

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbakerB.htm

---

Perhaps why Jackie thought LBJ drank too much and didn't do anything was because he was always linked to these underhanded deals to rip off the Government and get some kick-back. But, JFK and RFK saw the real dirt on LBJ and the massive corruption that he was involved with his equally corrupted Texans.

====

Edited by Jim Phelps

====

"Profitizing"?

MLK was a "Preacher Man" and using religion for what the Catholic and Baptist missionairies and such did to combat Communism. All the Birchers, Hoover, and the Southern Hate clubs on Civil Rights branded anything to do with the Civil Rights issues as Communist inspired.

MLK was even trained at the "Communist Training Camp" called "The Highlanders Folk School" in Montagle, Tennessee. They basically taught the same thing the Essene believed.

So, these JBS types absolutely hated to see MLK using religion as a platform to kick the US's rear end on Communist Inspired Civil Rights aggitation. So, pretty much the same bunch of crooks that offed JFK were behind offing MLK.

I suspect if MLK got into the Jesus and Essene issues of Mt. Carmel, that would have really burnt the religion schemers that suppressed the knowledge on the Essene beliefs of Mary, Joseph, Jesus and the lot. History attempts to bury lots of things, from the truths on JFK, to those of the Essene and their differences with the Babylon Talmudist Jewish sects.

I guess you didn't hear the big announcement. Al Sharpton said recently, "Martin Luther King got it wrong. No justice, no peace."

Kathy C

• 2 weeks later...

Jackie Kennedy’s flawed memory

Washington Post

By Richard J. Tofel, Published: September 23, 2011

The recently released 1964 interviews of Jacqueline Kennedy by Arthur Schlesinger Jr. make for fascinating reading. But if the one subject on which I have some detailed knowledge is any indication, historians will need to be careful about putting too much stock in what Mrs. Kennedy said.

The subject is President John F. Kennedy’s writing partnership with Theodore Sorensen, his close aide and White House special counsel, once referred to by JFK as his “intellectual blood bank.” Mrs. Kennedy portrays her husband as the principal author of his Pulitzer Prize-winning book, “Profiles in Courage,” as well as his inaugural address. Sorensen is depicted as having untruthfully claimed credit for the book, and then having greedily and ungratefully accepted all the proceeds it generated.

But the facts on these matters are known — and vary strikingly from what Mrs. Kennedy concluded. As historian Herbert Parmet demonstrated more than 30 years ago, Sorensen was the principal author of most of “Profiles in Courage.” There is no question that then-Sen. Kennedy read widely for the book as he recovered in Florida from a back operation. He also wrote first drafts of some portions of the book in longhand on legal pads, which accounts for Mrs. Kennedy’s recollections.

Sorensen said in his 2008 memoir that John Kennedy wrote the first draft of the book’s first and last chapters. But as Parmet established, there is no evidence that the senator drafted the case-study chapters that comprise the bulk of the book — and plenty of evidence that Sorensen did so. The book’s preface refers to Sorensen as Kennedy’s “research associate” who provided “assistance in the assembly and preparation of the material upon which [the] book is based.”

Mrs. Kennedy’s interviews add an unpleasant twist by raising the issue of money. Unbeknown to almost everyone (including, presumably, Mrs. Kennedy), JFK and Sorensen agreed in 1953 that Sorensen would receive half of all proceeds of material he wrote in his boss’s name. This agreement, not unusual in Washington at the time, was followed by the two men for four years.

But then came “Profiles in Courage” and the Pulitzer Prize it was awarded in May 1957. That same month, 16 months after the book’s publication, apparently acting on instructions from JFK’s father, Joseph Kennedy, the senator’s lawyers drafted a formal agreement giving Sorensen a larger share of the book royalties for a period of years. Mrs. Kennedy recalls this as “Jack gave him all the money . . . because he felt Ted worked so hard.” Sorensen’s account of this deal in his memoir is uncharacteristically elliptical, and the share may have been 100 percent, as Mrs. Kennedy recalls.

Moreover, Sorensen also conceded late in life that he might have boasted in private, before this settlement, that he had written the book. This would have understandably sparked Mrs. Kennedy’s resentment if she believed the boast to be false. Such boasts may have been what led columnist Drew Pearson to claim on ABC, in late 1957, that Sorensen had written “Profiles in Courage.” Both Kennedy and Sorensen denied this, Sorensen in a carefully crafted affidavit, and ABC and Pearson issued a retraction.

All of this comes up again in the question of who wrote Kennedy’s inaugural address. Again, the record is clear. There can be little doubt that Mrs. Kennedy saw her husband composing parts of the speech in longhand. But the documentary record also establishes that many of the most famous phrases were crafted by Sorensen — while others came from John Kenneth Galbraith and Adlai Stevenson. The surest indication that Mrs. Kennedy had a strong sense of this being the case was her request, not long after her oral-history interviews were concluded, that Sorensen destroy his own, handwritten first draft of the inaugural address — a request with which Sorensen complied.

On Jan. 17, 1961, President-elect Kennedy, seeking to impress (and perhaps mislead) Time magazine reporter Hugh Sidey, staged a scene aboard his airplane in which he purported to be drafting his inaugural address on a legal pad, reading three pages aloud to the reporter, according to Sidey’s account. In fact, JFK was almost certainly copying the material from the typescript of a dictation session held a few days earlier, in which he had been working from a Sorensen draft. The speech had been nearly completed before Kennedy and Sidey got on the plane (Mrs. Kennedy was not aboard).

That handwritten “draft,” however, has long been presented as Kennedy’s “first draft” of his immortal speech. Mrs. Kennedy ensured that it went on public display a few weeks after her interviews with Schlesinger. She whispered to reporters that it was hardest for her, in looking over the preview of what would become the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum, to see “his inaugural address in his own handwriting.” Whether or not she believed this, how ironic to read now her oral account of how she pitied Stevenson because “he’d carefully take something typewritten and copy it in longhand because he was so proud of everyone saying he wrote all his speeches — I don’t know, poor man. It’s sort of sad.”

John Kennedy need not be pitied. He gave voice to the aspirations of a generation — in some respects to America’s enduring aspirations. He had help in doing that, as nearly everyone in politics does. But we were reminded this month that he was reluctant to acknowledge that help, perhaps even to his wife.

Richard J. Tofel is the author of “Sounding the Trumpet: The Making of John F. Kennedy’s Inaugural Address.”

Kathy C

===========

The TV special did give America the more touching side presentation for JFK and accentuated the "Family Man: a good bit.

It was well presented for JFK and Jackie in a pretty positive light, which likely catered to Caroline.

Jackie didn't think too highly of Ike's wife, as she ran her around too soon after the delivery of John Jr. by C-section. Jackie also didn't like the Indian PM's wife too well.

They still hid her tobacco addiction, but there was the match being stuck at the beginning. Didn't see a single photo of her smoking or brown stained fingers.

I think they certainly side stepped the "land mine issue" of the LBJ involvement on the JFK hit.

There will be window of opportunity to get JFK and Jackie discussions started again in the minds of the masses, just make good use for awareness raising it provides.

====

I just want to say that after Truman Capote published La Cote Basque in Esquire, in which he tattled on the upper class but changed their names. None of them wanted anything to do with him. No one would talk to him, except Joanne Carson. He told a reporter his feelings on Jackie Onassis: "She has contempt for everything under the sun." He also called her a tramp at a party someone invited him to.

Kathy C

Could you give the source for this comment by JFK? I have never seen it before and is quite profound if true.

"And then I remember Jack saying after the Cuban Missile Crisis, when it all turned (out) so fantastically, he said, 'Well, if anyone's ever going to shoot me, this would be the day they should do it,'"

Source: Jacqueline Kennedy interviews: http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Jacqueline_Kennedy/jacqueline-kennedy-jfk-joked-assassination-missile-crisis/story?id=14500067