The Education Forum

An Eeerie Feeling Watching Video of the Motorcade

Gil Jesus

.....The Limo Did STOP Twice on Kennedy's order.

From ''Death of a Pesident''..Manchester..pages; 135 and 6... The Motorcade made two stops.....''twice the motorcade halted at Kennedy's order.At Lemmon and Lomo Alto Drive a line of very small children stood behind a placard ''Mr.President , Please stop and shake our hands ''........Let's stop here Bill''Kennedy called to Greer.He stepped into the street and was nearly swept off his feet by a surge of shrieking youths.The scene was affectionally watched by a loyal couple named Gaudet. Toward the end of it, Mrs.Gaudet had an unsettling recollection; that morning she had heard a local radio program devoted to details of the assassination of the Lincoln assassination. and now she told her husband about it, saying ''President Kennedy ought to be awarded the Purple Heart just for coming to Dallas''.Kellerman and his men gently broke up the demonstration of children.So far the city had seemed harmless enough to them. In the lead car Lawson murmured a word of recommendation to Chief Curry Lawson had suggested that the underpasses be cleared of everyone except uniformed policemen, and the first indicated that his advice had been followed. Everything indeed appeared to be on schedule ............When the resident dismounted the second time , the agents . though vigilant, avoided a show of force. He wanted to greet a group of nuns. He was always alert for a glimpse of sisters, and it was a familiar scene. Only a tactless bodyguard would have intruded upon it.

Edited by Bernice Moore

From ''Death of a Pesident''..Manchester..pages; 135 and 6... The Motorcade made two stops.....''twice the motorcade halted at Kennedy's order.At Lemmon and Lomo Alto Drive a line of very small children stood behind a placard ''Mr.President , Please stop and shake our hands ''........Let's stop here Bill''Kennedy called to Greer.He stepped into the street and was nearly swept off his feet by a surge of shrieking youths.The scene was affectionally watched by a loyal couple named Gaudet. Toward the end of it, Mrs.Gaudet had an unsettling recollection; that morning she had heard a local radio program devoted to details of the assassination of the Lincoln assassination. and now she told her husband about it, saying ''President Kennedy ought to be awarded the Purple Heart just for coming to Dallas''.Kellerman and his men gently broke up the demonstration of children.So far the city had seemed harmless enough to them. In the lead car Lawson murmured a word of recommendation to Chief Curry Lawson had suggested that the underpasses be cleared of everyone except uniformed policemen, and the first indicated that his advice had been followed. Everything indeed appeared to be on schedule ............When the resident dismounted the second time , the agents . though vigilant, avoided a show of force. He wanted to greet a group of nuns. He was always alert for a glimpse of sisters, and it was a familiar scene. Only a tactless bodyguard would have intruded upon it.

Great stuff as always, Bernice!

Bernice, did Manchester, or another source, ever mention the location along the motorcade route of the second stop (the one where JFK greeted the nuns)?

Thanks,

Mike

Didn't someone along the route try to warn JFK or say something to him, but was kept away from the limo? I don't remember the details (if there were any), but I would love to see video of that.

Ron,

I have no idea about the credibility of a website called 'Crime & Investigation Network', however I did recently find the following quote on that website:

"On the way Kennedy stopped to shake hands with Catholic nuns and school children, but as his vehicle turned onto Main Street, a man launched himself in front of the limousine. He was soon overpowered by a Secret Agent."

http://www.crimeandinvestigation.co.uk/crime-files/assassination-of-jf-kennedy/crime.html

Mike

Ron Ecker, on 07 October 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

Didn't someone along the route try to warn JFK or say something to him, but was kept away from the limo? I don't remember the details (if there were any), but I would love to see video of that.

Take a look through past threads. We've had discussion of credible period reports that a teenaged male in uniform ran out among the motorcade vehicles and was subdued by Secret Service.

Use "Civil Air Patrol" as a search term. In a couple of these threads I've questioned whether the subject was wearing a CAP uniform.

Edited by David Andrews

Great stuff as always, Bernice!

Bernice, did Manchester, or another source, ever mention the location along the motorcade route of the second stop (the one where JFK greeted the nuns)?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Mike, your welcome to Manchester's info, as always he wrote of so many details now simply, put aside, no only what i posted did he comment on, nothing further, sorry, if i come across anything pertaining to such i will post, now a bit further on the V.P. for GiL AND ALL, FWIW...

p134 TDOAP......Manchester........The Vice President's convertible ..Two and a half car lengths separated it from Half Back, ( SS Queen Mary) to indicate that the appearance of the Vice President was a separate event . Ralph Yarborough who loved parades ,was under the distinction that Lyndon Johynson wasn't enjoying the distinction. The Senator , in the left rear . was waving jubiliantly , Johnson stared glumly ahead.........

all so far..best b

post on Lancer 2008 '' Subject: Boy wrestked grnd motorcade

Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:15:45 -0500

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: multipart/mixed;

boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01C88EDE.EC357770"

X-Priority: 3

X-MSMail-Priority: Normal

X-Unsent: 1

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C88EDE.EC357770

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0016_01C88EDE.EC357770"

------=_NextPart_001_0016_01C88EDE.EC357770

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="Windows-1252"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link =

attachments:

Shortcut to:

>Jones/ Shaw: "Our 1965 investigation lead us to believe

>Robertson was in Dallas but was posing as a POSTAL INSPECTOR,

>but it was reported to us that he had left Dallas. We also

>learned from newsmen that something unusual did happen on

>Harwood shortly before the turn to Main Street. No

>one wanted credit for this, but we were told by reliable

>newsmen that a man jumped in front of Kennedy's car on Harwood

>shouting, "Stop, I must tell you." The man, according to ther

>report, was promptly wresteled to the ground and hustled

>away."=20

A November 25, 1963 Toronto Star article on my website about the boy. As =

far as I know, it's the only paper in the whole world that reported the =

story. Dallas Morning News photographer Joe Lair reported the story to =

the author of this article, Rae Corelli I talked with a few years ago.

http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/Senate/5439/Boy_chased.html

An 2001 email from Gary Mack with more explanations:

Denis -

From an unpublished account by Laird a few weeks after the=20

assassination:

He was at the sw corner of Main & Harwood with UPI photographer Daryll

Heikes (the Museum has Heikes' original negatives.) They ran along=20

with the limo but "were unable to keep pace."

About three blocks from there, he heard "someone to my right, shouting =

"SLOW DOWN, WAIT, STOP! It distracted me, causing me to run into the =

rear of a motorcycle."

He wrote that an SS agent on LBJ's car "dismounted and shove a young=20

man head first to the pavement." After the motorcade passed, he "was =

unable to locate the person I'd seen dumped so forceably."

That's all he wrote, but now we know where it happened. Youngblood was =

the only SS man in LBJ's car, but there were three other SS men in the =

car behind. One of them must have been the one who tackled the guy.

Sorry, I can't send you what Laird wrote, but it will probably be=20

published soon, and I'll let you know when it happens.

Gary

Edited by Bernice Moore

Bernice, I would like to ask you for some help too.

Some people might say that my concern over this is not really important. But my outlook is that no-one can ever know too much

about the assassination of President Kennedy.

Its about the alleged third murder in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963.

President Kennedy and Jefferson Davis Tippit being the first two.

Again, William Manchester is the source. Who Manchester's source for this may not be determinable....

But there are even clues about that.....

Here we go.

The public did not know for example that President Kennedy and Officer Tippit were not the only people killed in Dallas on November 22. At 10:40 that evening there was a third murder unrelated to the others. The victim, a thirty-two year-old woman was stabbed to death by her lover. In police language he “picked up a butcher knife and started cutting up on the deceased.” She was pronounced dead at Parkland.

The Death of a President pg 414, by Manchester, William (1967)

page 669 The Death of a President - William Manchester, William/Harper and Row, 1967

possible source?

Lumpkin, Era, nurse’s aide, Parkland Hospital. Report of Activities, 22 November 1963”; N.D.

My thoughts.....

what makes it weird is that it, acc to William Manchester, it was a woman who was savagely stabbed to death by her lover and arrived? at Parkland at 10:40 CDT at Parkland...So I have done some incredibly detailed looking into this...why it is so strange

1. The death as far as criminal penalties for sentencing..apparently they had the suspect in custody, would have resulted

in 3 results, more or less

1. Death sentence

2. Life in prison

3. Insanity plea remanded to a mental institution.....

Looking for those type of historical reference points HAS to lead to accompanying articles legal briefs ALWAYS found

on internet and books, but especially in legal journals, which are always found online....And yet I found nothing, nada, zilch.

Which leads to a fundamental question or answer, either Manchester was wrong and it didn't happen...or

he was wrong in saying "it wasn't related to the other deaths that day...JFK Tippit.....or he was given bogus info

I know it is late in the game, but I believe any researcher worth his salt would be a literal idiot to not resolve this....

What else I discovered.

Dallas Morning News, page 4

June 25, 1958

FBI Man Lauds Police of Dallas

Edward L. Boyle, Special Agent in Charge of the Dallas FBI Office

Officer G.L. Lumpkin

Production Executive Appointed by Gulf Oil;

Dallas Morning News; Date: 11-17-1959; Page: 7; Location: Dallas, Texas

Named to succeed Gregersen in London as a Gulf-Eastern vice-president was T.D. Lumpkin

formerly vice president of Mene Grande Oil Company

J. C. Lumpkin, Rail Terminal Officer, Dies;

Dallas Morning News; Date: 12-28-1959;

First Aid Course to Begin Tuesday;

Dallas Morning News; Date: 11-26-1965; Page: 4; Location: Dallas, Texas

at the Dallas County Red Cross...Instructor for the free public training is Mrs Emma E Lumpkin

Call Indentifies Nurse Who Helped Man;

Dallas Morning News; Date: 06-19-1966; Page: 21;

A call to the Dallas Morning News revealed the nurse to be Mrs. Fred Lumpkin

Dallas Morning News; Date: 09-23-1968; Page: 4;

ENNIS, Tx - (Sp) O. H. Lumpkin, 70, a retired Army Colonel and lifetime Ennis resident died here Sunday.

Lumpkin, a veteran of World War I, World War II, and the Korean Conflict, was also a retired conductor of the Southern

Pacific Railroad. Dallas area survivors include two brothers W.H. Lumpkin and R.M. Lumpkin and two sisters

Miss Roland Lumpkin and Miss Myra Lumpkin. Funeral Services will be held at 10 am Tuesday in the Keever Funeral Chapel here

Burial with military ceremonies will be held in Myrtle Cemetery

Dallas Morning News, page 1

January 1, 1970

Former Chief Dies of Illness

Charles Batchelor.......

reacting to criticism of the IACP system Batchelor demoted one of his longtime assistants and colleagues George Lumpkin

on the grounds Lumpkin impeded the switchover

Miami Herald, The (FL) - October 6, 1987

Deceased Name: THOMAS LUMPKIN , EX-GULF OIL VICE PRESIDENT

Thomas D. Lumpkin, an attorney and retired president of Gulf Oil Co.'s Latin American division, died Sunday of liver disease. He was 73.

The Amarillo, Texas , native spent much of his career in the oil business, and much of that time in Latin America and England. He had lived in Coral Gables, where Gulf's Latin American headquarters are based, since becoming vice president of the division in 1969.

Business wasn't Mr. Lumpkin's only concern. "He was very active here in Miami," said his son, Tom II. Mr. Lumpkin served on a number of community boards, including the Florida International University Foundation, WPBT-TV, Ransom Everglades School and the Fairchild Tropical Garden.

The son of an attorney, Mr. Lumpkin graduated from the University of Texas with a law degree in 1936. He joined the legal department of Phillips Petroleum the following year.

With the outbreak of World War II, he became a special agent for the FBI and was assigned to Colombia and Venezuela. For part of the war, he worked as a legal attache in embassies in Bogota and Caracas.

Mr. Lumpkin went with Gulf in 1948. He began in industrial relations and worked his way into management. He became a world- wide coordinator for exploration and production in 1966. In 1971, he was named president of the Latin division.

Mr. Lumpkin spent many of his last years with Gulf negotiating buyouts with Latin American countries, his son said. In the early 1970s, several nations nationalized the holdings of U.S. companies within their boundaries, he said. Mr. Lumpkin's role was to see to it that Gulf was fairly paid for those holdings. He retired from Gulf in 1976.

In recent years, Mr. Lumpkin has been associated with the Miami law firm of Valdes-Fauli, Cobb and Petrey, P.A.

In addition to Tom II, Mr. Lumpkin's survivors include his wife, Elizabeth; and a second son, Hugh.

Services will be at 3 p.m. today, at the Van Orsdel Coral Gables Chapel.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to a charity of choice.

George Lonnie. Lumpkin (RIP July 15, 1994

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - July 18, 1994

Deceased Name: Services today for George Lumpkin , 40-year member of Dallas police force

Retired Dallas police Capt. George Lumpkin, 84, died Friday of cancer. Services will be at 4 p.m. Monday at Restland Memorial Chapel in Dallas.

Mr. Lumpkin served for 40 years in the Police Department and played a significant role in the investigation of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, his family said.

"Dad was in the lead car of the motorcade," said his daughter, Maureen Stone. "He was also one of the first to reach the hospital when Kennedy was shot."

He also served 39 months in the Army during World War II, receiving the Bronze Star for taking part the capture of 30 prisoners, his daughter said.

"He captured them without killing them," Mrs. Stone said. "My father believed in not using guns unless necessary."

He retired as a colonel from the Army Reserves and was awarded the Legion of Merit for his service as commandant of the Dallas Area Army Reserve School.

Other survivors include his wife, Katherine Lumpkin; son Michael Lumpkin of Dallas; sister Mildred Bunch of Arlington; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.

Sun, The (Baltimore, MD) - September 5, 1998

Deceased Name: WILLIAM G. LUMPKIN SR.

88, ADVERTISING SALES MANAGER

William Garrett Lumpkin Sr., former advertising sales manager for The Baltimore Sun, died Thursday at St. Joseph Medical Center from complications of a fall. He was 88 and lived at the Edenwald Retirement Community in Towson.

A longtime Woodbrook resident, he retired in 1975 after a 30-year career with the newspaper.

He was born and raised in Virginia, and attended Emory & Henry College in Emory, Va. He moved to Baltimore at the beginning of World War II, and worked for the old Glenn L. Martin Co. in Middle River.

An avid golfer, he was a member of the Boumi Temple and the Towson Shrine.

He was a communicant of the Roman Catholic Cathedral of Mary Our Queen, where a Mass of Christian burial will be offered at 11 a.m. today.

He was married in 1931 to the former Emma L. Goodwin, who died in 1955.

He is survived by his wife of 37 years, the former Gertrude Hoffman; a son, William Garrett Lumpkin Jr. of Jacksonville, Fla.; two brothers, Charles Lumpkin of Tappahannock, Va., and Pierce Lumpkin of Richmond; two sisters, Inez Haynes of Charlottesville and Elizabeth Stansall of Richmond; and two grandchildren.

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - May 20, 2003

Deceased Name: LUMPKIN LARRY

LUMPKIN, LARRY, 70. a retired realtor and owner of Larry LUMPKIN, LARRY, 70, a retired realtor and owner of Larry Lumpkin Realtors in Oak Cliff for many years. A graduate of Sweeney High School and a graduate of the class of '54 Texas A & M., spent 9 years in the U. S. Army with two tours in Germany. He then worked with Neiman Marcus and Helen Corbitt, and then the food industry before becoming a realtor. Survivors include his son and daughter in law; Wayne and Mitzy Lumpkin of Dallas and brother John Houston of Duncanville, and a number of cousins. Graveside services and interment will be at 11 A.M. Wednesday, May 21, 2003 at Wheatland Cemetery in Dallas, Texas with Rev. Jack D. McNabb officiating. The family will receive friends from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. West / Hurtt Funeral Home 217 S. Hampton Road DeSoto (972) 223-6314 www.legacy.com

Dallas Morning News, The (TX) - May 10, 2009

Deceased Name: Lumpkin , Dr. Forrest Edward

Lumpkin, Dr. Forrest Edward The life of Dr. Forrest Edward Lumpkin, Jr. ended on Tuesday May 5, 2009 as his body, but not his unquenchable spirit, failed him. Forrest was born on November 5, 1921 in Kaufman, TX at the house of his grandfather, Dr. James Walter Park, Sr., where his mother had also been born 28 years earlier. Young Forrest grew up in Terrell, TX and, in 1939, graduated from Terrell High School, as had his father. Forrest obtained his undergraduate education from the Rice Institute and the University of Texas obtaining a bachelor's degree from the latter in 1942. While a student at Texas he was an active member of the Kappa Alpha fraternity and remained close with many of his KA brothers for all his life. After college, Forrest studied medicine at Thomas Jefferson Medical School in Philadelphia. After completing his internship at Jefferson, Forrest served his country as a medical officer in the US Army spending time overseas at the US Army hospital in Okinawa. After completing military service, Forrest entered and completed a surgical residency at Parkland Hospital in Dallas. He then opened private practice in Dallas as a general surgeon. After years of life as a bachelor, Forrest settled down and married Katherine Barbee Gaines, known as Kay, on August 5, 1961. Forrest and Kay were blessed by a son, Forrest III, on August 22, 1963. Before baby Forrest turned one, the elder Forrest took the family to Houston for a year to continue his medical training. He obtained a second specialization in peripheral vascular surgery in July of 1965 and then returned with his small family to Dallas in July where he again resumed his private practice. The family almost doubled in size when Forrest and Kay were again blessed with children, twin daughters, Katherine Pendleton Gaines Lumpkin and Vera Elizabeth Park Lumpkin, on December 3, 1966. Forrest, Kay, Forrest III, and the twins, known as Kathy and Libby, moved from North Dallas to Highland Park in 1969. Forrest enjoyed hunting, racquetball, tennis, skiing, swimming, travel, and coin and stamp collecting. He was an active member of Highland Park United Methodist Church and regularly attended its Wesleyan Fellowship Sunday School class. He was a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He was a member of the Dallas County Medical Association, the Texas Medical Association, the American Medical Association, and the Dallas County Society of General Surgeons. He was active in the YMCA and served for years on the Board of Directors for the Dallas YMCA's Camp Grady Spruce. He retired from active medical practice at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas in 1993, but remained involved in the field by regularly attending Presbyterian's Tumor Board. After retirement he indulged his passion for travel and ventured to Alaska, Russia, China -- including Hong Kong, India, the Mediterranean, Brazil, Mexico, and elsewhere. Forrest is survived by his three children: Forrest III, Elizabeth Lumpkin Williams, and Katherine Lumpkin Escoe, by the spouses of his children: respectively, the former Suzanne Sawyer, Steven Williams, and Gene Escoe, and by six young granddaughters. Forrest was preceded in death by his parents, Forrest Edward Lumpkin, Sr. and Vera Park Lumpkin and by his wife Kay. Visitation will be held Sunday, May 10 from 4 to 6 at the Restland funeral home. A memorial service celebrating Forrest's life will be held Monday, May 11 at 10 o'clock in the morning in the Sanctuary at Highland Park United Methodist Church. In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Vera and Forrest Lumpkin Surgical Lectureship, UT Southwestern, PO Box 910888, Dallas, Texas 75391-0888.

William Bryan Lumpkin Jr., 81, passed away Sunday, Jan. 31, 2010, in a Lake Charles hospital with his loving family at his side. Funeral service will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 3, from St. Margaret Catholic Church, under the direction of Johnson Funeral Home, Lake Charles. Officiating will be the Rev. Bill Miller and the Rev. Marcus Johnson. Visitation at the funeral home will be Tuesday from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m., with a Scripture service at 6 p.m. The first Scripture reading at the funeral Mass will be by Lindsay Lumpkin Colvin and the second Scripture reading will be by Mark Lumpkin Jr., with the third reading by Luke Bryan Lumpkin. Entombment will be at Consolata Cemetery Chapel. Mr. Lumpkin owned and operated Lumpkin Insurance Agency for 42 years, developing the largest Kemper agency in the United States, thanks to the people of Calcasieu Parish. He was a past president of Lake Charles Life Underwriters Association and of Louisiana Association of Life Underwriters. He was named Man of the Year for Louisiana Life Leaders and for PIA of Louisiana. He was a lecturer at the LSU Institute of Insurance Marketing and a life member of the Million Dollar Round Table and a knight of the MDRT. He served as president of the Southwest Investors Club and was a commissioner of Lake Charles Little League Baseball. He was an Eagle Scout and former member of the Lake Charles Charles F. Buck Chapter of Demolay. He served in the U.S. Navy aboard the USS Huntington (CL-107) in the Mediterranean-Adriatic seas and was honorably discharged from the Huntington in 1946. As a member of St. Margaret Catholic Church, Mr. Lumpkin served as a member of the church council and of the finance committee. He was an usher, lector and Eucharistic minister. He was a 59-year member of the Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus and a past grand knight of Council 1207. In the early 1950s, as a part-time Bible salesman, he sold more than 1,100 family Bibles in the Lake Charles area. He was a convert and very proud of his Roman Catholic Church, his family and his LSU Tigers. Survivors are his wife of 64 years, Nona Carr Lumpkin; three sons, Steven Bryan Lumpkin and wife Jennifer, of Western Grove, Ark., Mark Eric Lumpkin Sr. and wife Debbie, of Baton Rouge, and William Brent Lumpkin and wife Jane, of Lake Charles; foster son, Jorge Maximo LeRoy, of Lafayette; six granddaughters, 13 grandsons, 14 great-grandsons and seven great-granddaughters. Preceded in death by his parents, brother, sister and grandson. The Lumpkin family emigrated from Ireland to Charleston, S.C., in the late 1700s. Mr. Lumpkin's mother's family, the Hutmachers, emigrated from east Germany to Illinois in the late 1800s. He was very proud of his two valiant great-grandmothers, who were successful American pioneers, Catherine Houston Lumpkin, niece of Gen. Sam Houston, of Texas, and Anna Maria Hauben Hutmacher, niece of Kaiser Wilhelm, of Germany. Pallbearers will be his grandsons, Eric, Mark Jr., Luke, Jeremy, Garrett, Blake, Casey, Brooks and Taylor. Memorial donations may be made to St. Margaret Catholic Church, 2500 Enterprise Blvd., Lake Charles, LA 70601, "de Colores" - "All in Color." "Tempus Fugit, Memento Mori" - "Time flies, Remember Death." Words of comfort to the family may be expressed at www.johnsonfuneral home.net.

Littleton Independent (MA) - January 6, 2011

Deceased Name: John H. Lumpkin

LITTLETON - John H. Lumpkin, of Paula Beth St.

Littleton, died Sunday, Dec. 26 at Emerson Hospital, Concord. He was born in Rome, Ga., son of the late Smith and Daisy (Burgess) Lumpkin. He was the husband of the late Jean (Erikson) Lumpkin who died in 2006.

Mr. Lumpkin was a twenty year Army veteran who retired in 1964. At the end of his career in the Army he worked as a photographer and continued working as a photographer after retiring from the Army.

He leaves a son John Jr. of Littleton, two stepsons: Doug Greenaway of Florida and Tom Greenaway of Pepperell; nine grandchildren and nine greatgrandchildren.

Visitation was on Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, from 4 - 6 p.m. in the Fowler-Kennedy Funeral Home, 42 Concord St., Maynard.

Burial services will be private.

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/history/the_deed/Sneed/Lumpkin.html

W. G. “Bill” Lumpkin

Solo Motorcycle Officer

Dallas Police Department

“We were going fast, very fast! I’m going to say we might have hit speeds up to 80–85 M.P.H. on Stemmons… I saw the limousine behind us, and I noticed this Secret Service man hanging on the back of it with his coat hanging, and I was amazed that he could hang on… When we got to Hines, there was a railroad track, and I know that I got airborne… I knew that if I went down I’d probably get run over…”

Born and raised in Avery, Texas, Bill Lumpkin worked at General Dynamics as an aircraft electrician after serving a hitch in the military. He joined the Dallas Police Department in 1953 and was assigned as one of the lead motorcycle officers in the Kennedy motorcade.

I don’t know what time we went to work that day. I remember having a detail with all the squads of the motor jockeys together, and we were all given our assignments. We knew the route and where we were going and approximately how long we were going to be. We were told what to do in case things happened, what hospital to go to if an emergency came up. That would be the only time we would use the siren.

I was one of the people that led the parade along with Leon Gray, Ellis, and McBride. There were quite a few of us in the parade, but some of the motor jockeys weren’t assigned to the parade. Some of them were sent to stand-by stations. It wasn’t considered necessarily an honor; you just did what they told you. I escorted a lot of parades, so it was just an assignment. Probably if I hadn’t been in the parade, my feelings would have been hurt. But we used to have a lot of parades in town and there had been times when other jockeys had gone out of town on assignments, and I’d stayed in to lead a parade because I had done it so many times. I was used to doing it.

There was nothing special about that particular morning. We spit and polished our equipment and our uniforms and were told to assemble at Love Field. There were a lot of folks there, a lot of folks!

We had no problems with the parade except one time, I believe, the President got out of the car on Lemmon. The Secret Service got on the back end and proceeded again. When you lead a parade, you limit your speed to whatever speed they want to go. And so we really had to keep our eye on his vehicle by turning around and looking because he was slowing down.

My job in leading the parade was to make sure the crowd was back out of the street in front, and then, of course, you alert the officers up on the parade route that the parade is behind you. But the main thing is, when you’re four abreast like that, you keep the street clear for the parade. You look back and try to be sure that the parade is in a group, that it hadn’t straggled out. And you can slow them down for that. But nothing stands out. It was just a presidential motorcade.

We were in front of the President’s car when the shooting took place. We were stopped on Elm Street between Houston street and the Triple Underpass. There were only three of us at the time. McBride had already gone over to Stemmons to notify them that we were getting ready to come through since they were going to close Stemmons northbound. Sergeant Ellis had asked him to go on up and notify them that we were en route. But we had turned off of Main Street onto Houston for one block, then over to Elm Street, then turned back left, and we were stopped at the time before we heard the shots.

When the shots occurred, I thought it was a motorcycle backfiring. The motors were running really hot because we had been going slowly for so long. They would have a tendency to backfire when they were running hot, and running slow for a long period would cause them to run hot.

I heard three distinct bangs with none of them being together or anything like that. There’s been conflicting reports where all the noise came from. From where I was it was behind me. I’ve heard people say a lot of different things over the years, but when you have buildings and other obstructions, you’re going to have an echo factor and different opinions.

The shots came from behind where I was and, as I mentioned, I thought it was a motorcycle backfiring at first, till I turned back and saw the commotion in the President’s convertible. I wasn’t sure at the time what it was, but it later turned out that it was his wife on the back. There was no problem seeing the car, but at the time, I jut saw a figure. Then Chaney rode up to Curry and probably told him that the President had been shot.

We were still stopped at that time, and then Chief Curry comes on and says, “Let’s go boys!” I’m not sure that there was anything said other than that and, of course, we headed for Parkland because we knew in case something happened, that was where we were supposed to go.

We went under the Triple Underpass and took the entrance ramp to Stemmons Freeway. At that time, Sergeant Ellis stopped there at Stemmons. Leon Gray, Chaney, and myself escorted the parade on to Parkland Hospital by way of Stemmons to Industrial, Industrial to Hines, Hines to the entrance into the back of Parkland.

We were going very, very fast! I’m going to say we might have hit speeds up to 80–85 M.P.H. on Stemmons. We were going just as fast as we could get the car to go. I saw the limousine behind us, and I noticed this Secret Service man hanging on the back of it with his coat hanging, and I was amazed that he could hang on. When we got to Hines, there was a railroad track, and I know that I got airborne. I’m sure that I was out front and Gray and Chaney behind me. More than likely they got airborne, too. You didn’t have a lot of space over on the other end, and when you land to turn, I knew that if I went down I’d probably get run over. But you train and you know that you can drag your footstand without going over as long as you don’t go over too far. Oh, you’re going to get some sparks and some noise when you go over that far, but unless you get on some oil or sand or something like that, you can stay up. But it was a fast ride!

Nothing much goes through your mind at a time like that. You know that you’ve got a job to do, and you want to do your job well. When we came off of Stemmons, we were supposed to turn into Market Hall. Sergeant Striegel and some other officers were there, including some other jockeys, and he came out into the street waving because we were going too fast and that we were supposed to pull in there. I guess he hadn’t heard that the President had been shot, and you have to worry about him not getting too far out into the street. But you’re concerned with just doing your job when something like this happens. After it’s over, then you have time to think about it.

When we turned into the hospital, there was only a certain amount of parking space back there. Since I was in the lead, I stopped to get off my motor to make sure that cars that didn’t belong there didn’t come in because I was in a better position to react. So I stopped probably a couple hundred feet from the emergency entrance. When the last cars that I knew and the last jockeys came in, I stopped traffic. We had to get all that secured. I was the only one right then. Later some people came up to help me, but it wasn’t any big problem then. You just stepped out and stopped them. That was the main thing you wanted to do was to just get more cars in there so you could maneuver the other vehicles.

I was probably still in the process of just getting off my motor when the limousine came by. I saw the President slumped down, and I saw Lyndon Johnson. Johnson was like a ghost; I thought he was shot. He came by after the President riding in a different vehicle, if I remember right. His face was familiar to me because I had had some problems with him in the past back when he was running the year Kennedy got the nomination.

Leon Gray, at that time, was my partner. Our assignment was that we were to ride on each side of his vehicle for his protection to keep people from rushing it. On this occasion, it was already past our time to get off, but we had to go ahead and finish the escort. Johnson didn’t have any good things to say about motor jockeys, and he told his driver to force Gray back to the side of his car, which he did. He forced Gray into the curb on a bridge on Zang and nearly caused him to wreck. I had some words with his driver, so I guess that’s why I knew Johnson pretty well.

Anyway, I didn’t see much of the President other than he was just slumped down and that he had been shot, and that his brains had been blown out. I must have seen that somewhere along the way. I know they kept wanting to know whether Kennedy was going to make his speech at the Market Hall, and finally this three-wheel officer came on and told them that his brains were blown out, and he wasn’t going to be there, and this kept coming over the radio: “Well, is he going to be able to make the speech?” We knew that he was dead.

We stayed out at Parkland for a long time, and then they sent us downtown to guard Oswald. We were on the third floor where they had him. There were quite a few of us up there and, of course, there were newspaper reporters and cameramen from all over.

The scene up there was wild! Absolutely wild! Forcefully, you had to keep them back. It was hysteria! Just asking them to stay back wouldn’t do. They weren’t responding! I can remember the cameras back then had big battery packs that looked like they weighted eighty or ninety pounds. I imagine they probably weighed a lot less than that, but they were big things, and their TV cameras were monstrous. Anyway, I can remember this guy that must have weighed over four hundred pounds who wouldn’t stay back, and finally, I just had to put my fist into his stomach because I weighed only abut 160. Manners were a thing of the past, or courtesy. You could ask our own people to do something and they would try to cooperate with you. In fact, we knew quite a few of them personally. But the national people, a lot of them just didn’t want to do what you asked them to do. They decided that they knew how close they could get a lot better than you did. But there was such a rush and, I guess, everybody wanted a story. I’ve been involved in escorts for Elvis Presley and the Beatles, and those were wild. But the crowds were young. These were adult people that you expect more out of.

I saw Oswald a few times. He was screaming and hollering and all this. He was like a wild man claiming his innocence. I don’t remember what all he was saying, but I think he was talking about conspiracy. They didn’t move him any more than they had to, I’m sure, but they brought him out of Captain Fritz’s office, Homicide Division, and down a private elevator where I think they took him down to the lineups or details.

I think I got home around midnight that night as we stayed fairly late till they got some of the photographers out. I was off duty the next day because I had Saturdays and Sundays off then. Fortunately I wasn’t there when Oswald was killed.

That was an hellacious mistake! It should never have happened even though I can see how it did happen. To me, that was a lot worse to Dallas than the President being killed.

I knew Jack Ruby, and I know that a lot of officers knew him. He owned nightclubs, and if you were in his place you didn’t have to worry about the establishment. If you wanted to arrest somebody, you did not fight the establishment; you only had to worry about the person you were arresting. I had made some arrests up in his places and knew that you didn’t have to worry about him if you were given a hard time by his enticing the crowd of people in his club not to let them arrest this person; in other words, trying to turn the crowd against you. He liked officers. I think he appreciated the job that they did, so I can see how he could have gotten down there and shot Oswald.

But I didn’t know him that well and didn’t know that much about him. I’d been in the Vegas Club out on Oak Lawn and the Carousel downtown, but I didn’t drink, so I didn’t go into those type places other than to make arrests or on some police matter.

Like I’ve said, City Hall was a mess that weekend, which definitely contributed to what happened to Oswald. Jesse Curry probably was responsible for that, but he had bosses, too, and any chief has a certain amount of politics to play. I’m just speculating, though, because I was just a patrolman. They gave me a job to do and I did it. But City Hall belonged to the public, and I guess they were trying to let the public have as much freedom as they could.

Personally, I’d like to have seen the press cleared out, but I do know that you have to let the press know. It would have been a whole lot easier if we could have just stood at the door and not let anybody in and had all the fighting there instead of having this whole hallway full of people pushing and shoving and trying to get room for more.

I think the Dallas Police Department handled it about as well as any department would have. Regardless of where it happened, you’re going to have to let the press have access, and then you have to let more in than you really like. But I think Dallas did as well as anybody would have and maybe better than a lot.

Looking back, the motorcycle patrolmen were an independent bunch back then. When I went into the Motorcycle Division, you were voted on before you got in. If the other jockeys thought you had an attitude that they thought was going to create problems, you wouldn’t get on motors. That way the people knew you. You had to have a vote of confidence for you to get on. And you had good and bad motor jockeys just like you have in anything else. But it was like a club, and we were real close. I don’t think that closeness prevailed in Radio Patrol. I know we had some jockeys that would kind of brag to the Radio Patrol about how great it was, and I chewed a lot of them out for that because, if you’ve got something good going, if you’re going pretty smooth, don’t rock the boat and brag to somebody else that you’ve got it made a whole lot better than them. But we’re like kinfolks. Some of the new motor jockeys I don’t know, but I still have coffee with some of the older ones today.

A couple of asides… Officer J.D. Tippit and I were from the same Red River County up in Northwest Texas. I knew him, but I never worked with him. Tippit was in Radio Patrol, and since I stayed on Radio Patrol only about nine months and then went to Traffic Division, I never worked with him. I went on a three-wheeler then, from there to solo, and I knew a lot of these people because we didn’t have substations back then when I went to work, so we all met at the same place. But you’d just speak to them and that was it. Some of them you knew better than others. Some of us were loudmouths, and some were pretty quiet. Tippit was fairly quiet. When I heard that Tippit had been shot, we had a traffic hit and run investigator named Tippitt, and I thought that’s who it was that got shot. But you just wonder how he got shot because he was a pretty strong guy.

I also knew Mary Moorman. She and McBride went to school together, I believe it was. That’s how I met her, and she was down there with another lady named Jean Hill, so I knew them both. Mary took a picture of me sitting on my motorcycle there in front of the Triple Underpass just before Kennedy arrived. Then she took a picture of Kennedy and received a cash settlement for quite a bit of money. I’ve seen her a number of times since then. She gave me the Polaroid picture of me straddling this motorcycle, but I don’t know where it is now. I knew where it was for a long time, and some years ago, somebody wanted to look at it, and now it’s misplaced. I’ve been asked about that picture a number of times, but I just remember it had me being on a motorcycle. It didn’t show anything suspicious that I recall. I didn’t pay that much attention to it since I don’t care much about getting my picture taken.

I retired in 1981 after twenty-seven and a half years on the department. When I retired, another man and I had a business selling and repairing lawn mowers, chain saws, garden tractors, and tillers. We sold that business, and now I’m helping raise grandchildren.

Bill Lumpkin now works on a part-time basis as a bailiff for the Dallas County Sheriff’s Department and lives with his wife in Mesquite, Texas.

END

The only thing I can think of is checking graveyards for persons dead on that day incl unnamed persons and Black cemeteries. Black's were accorded a different treatment than Whites in Hospitals, by the Law, the Press, and in Burial. Prob would be fruitless though. Could Manchester have been liberal in placing the murder in Dallas, could it have been a matter in another jurisdiction.

The only thing I can think of is checking graveyards for persons dead on that day incl unnamed persons and Black cemeteries. Black's were accorded a different treatment than Whites in Hospitals, by the Law, the Press, and in Burial. Prob would be fruitless though. Could Manchester have been liberal in placing the murder in Dallas, could it have been a matter in another jurisdiction.

That is really good advice John. And to prove it is really good advice, when I searched the newspaper archives for fatally stabbed, among other variations, there were newspaper articles under "fatally stabbed" in circa 1961 and 1962 none for 1963, at least none that were listed and 1964-65; for some strange reason almost all of them were African-American's.

As far as another county jurisdiction, I don't think so..because as I was mentioning earlier, such a heinous type of murder, almost beyond multiple stabbings; should have produced a plethora of newspaper, judicial and year in review types of accounts......In which my searching experiences showed no results whatsoever.....

Having said all that, [and irrespective of what the following leads one to believe, I am still going to attempt to follow this through to a definitive conclusion;]

I have run across a possible explanation, and when I say possible I mean it in the loosest sense of the word.....This, I do not believe is in The Death of A President, but in the other early era somewhat definitve

The Day Kennedy Was Shot by Jim Bishop

On page 192, immediately after Bishop's account of the assassination, he writes.....

In newspaper offices across the United States, a small bell began to tinkle. In the wire rooms, the UPI machine was chattering about a murder trial in Minneapolis, Minnesota:

DETECTIVES WERE THERE AND THEY "ASKED HIM TO LOOK IN THERE (THE BRIEFCASE) FOR SOMETHING."

THE CASE WAS OPENED AND AN ENVELOPE WAS FOUND CONTAINING 44 $100 DOLLAR BILLS, THE

WITNESS SAID. THE STATE HAD SAID IT WOULD PRODUCE THAT PIECE OF EVIDENCE BUT DEFENSE HAD

IMPLIED IT WILL TAKE THE LINE THAT CAROL'S DEATH AFTER A SAVAGE BLUDGEONING AND STABBING

IN HER HOME WAS THE RESULT OF AN ATTEMPTED

MOREDA 1234 PCS

UPI A 7N DA

PRECEDE KENNEDY

DALLAS. NOV. 22 (UPI) --- THREE SHOTS WERE FIRED AT

PRESIDENT KENNEDY'S MOTORCADE IN DOWNTOWN

DALLAS

JT1234PCS

Robert: Now don't misunderstand me John, I am not advancing

the premise that William Manchester's woman stabbed in Dallas

at 10:40 C.D.T., was really an account of some murder trial

that took place, gosh knows how long before November 22, 1963,

but the above is as close as I have come to any kind of possibility

exempting a real event which took place namely a fatal stabbing

of a woman in Dallas the same day that JFK died.......

Like I said earlier, I am going to pursue the story as long as it takes

to satisfy my curiosity......I know I have seen a lifetime of

stuff right out of Ripley's Believe It Or Not researching the JFK

assassination, nothing really surprises me anymore.....

Except perhaps a Texas Governor running for President

whose "qualifications" include slashing 4 Billion dollars

out of the State of Texas Budget slated for "school education."

Edited by Robert Howard

The Day Kennedy Was Shot by Jim Bishop

On page 192, immediately after Bishop's account of the assassination, he writes.....

In newspaper offices across the United States, a small bell began to tinkle. In the wire rooms, the UPI machine was chattering about a murder trial in Minneapolis, Minnesota:

DETECTIVES WERE THERE AND THEY "ASKED HIM TO LOOK IN THERE (THE BRIEFCASE) FOR SOMETHING."

THE CASE WAS OPENED AND AN ENVELOPE WAS FOUND CONTAINING 44 $100 DOLLAR BILLS, THE

WITNESS SAID. THE STATE HAD SAID IT WOULD PRODUCE THAT PIECE OF EVIDENCE BUT DEFENSE HAD

IMPLIED IT WILL TAKE THE LINE THAT CAROL'S DEATH AFTER A SAVAGE BLUDGEONING AND STABBING

IN HER HOME WAS THE RESULT OF AN ATTEMPTED

MOREDA 1234 PCS

UPI A 7N DA

PRECEDE KENNEDY

DALLAS. NOV. 22 (UPI) --- THREE SHOTS WERE FIRED AT

PRESIDENT KENNEDY'S MOTORCADE IN DOWNTOWN

DALLAS

JT1234PCS

Robert: Now don't misunderstand me John, I am not advancing

the premise that William Manchester's woman stabbed in Dallas

at 10:40 C.D.T., was really an account of some murder trial

that took place, gosh knows how long before November 22, 1963,

but the above is as close as I have come to any kind of possibility

exempting a real event which took place namely a fatal stabbing

of a woman in Dallas the same day that JFK died.......

FWIW, I did find out who CAROL was, she was Carol Thompson

Apparently it was one of the most famous murders in Minnesota history

See

http://174.123.24.24...LWAR1-1950-1985

On the morning of March 6, 1963, Carol Thompson was beaten and stabbed to death in her St. Paul home. Evidence collected at the scene of the crime led to the arrest in Arizona of one Dick W. C. Anderson. Anderson confessed to the murder and implicated several other parties, among whom were Norman Mastrian and respondent. Anderson's testimony at the trial was that he was approached by Mastrian on March 3, 1963, and asked "if he was interested in killing a woman"; Anderson also testified that when questioned Mastrian admitted that "insurance was involved." Richard Sharp, one of the men implicated in the conspiracy, testified that Mastrian had earlier offered the job to him, describing the victim as "a churchgoing woman with four children" and "heavily insured."

At any rate, if anything else comes out on all of this, I will not place it on this thread, since it is supposed

to be about the motorcade..Apologies

Edited by Robert Howard

the information on the boy or man who ran out to the limo, was not reported by penn jones,nor was he in error, see below for 2008 post from lancer..apparently there was an article on this at denis site at the time from the toronto star...

.....The Limo Did STOP Twice on Kennedy's order. From ''Death of a Pesident''..Manchester..pages; 135 and 6... The Motorcade made two stops.....''twice the motorcade halted at Kennedy's order.At Lemmon and Lomo Alto Drive a line of very small children stood behind a placard ''Mr.President , Please stop and shake our hands ''........Let's stop here Bill''Kennedy called to Greer.He stepped into the street and was nearly swept off his feet by a surge of shrieking youths.The scene was affectionally watched by a loyal couple named Gaudet. Toward the end of it, Mrs.Gaudet had an unsettling recollection; that morning she had heard a local radio program devoted to details of the assassination of the Lincoln assassination. and now she told her husband about it, saying ''President Kennedy ought to be awarded the Purple Heart just for coming to Dallas''.Kellerman and his men gently broke up the demonstration of children.So far the city had seemed harmless enough to them. In the lead car Lawson murmured a word of recommendation to Chief Curry Lawson had suggested that the underpasses be cleared of everyone except uniformed policemen, and the first indicated that his advice had been followed. Everything indeed appeared to be on schedule ............When the resident dismounted the second time , the agents . though vigilant, avoided a show of force. He wanted to greet a group of nuns. He was always alert for a glimpse of sisters, and it was a familiar scene. Only a tactless bodyguard would have intruded upon it.
Great stuff as always, Bernice! Bernice, did Manchester, or another source, ever mention the location along the motorcade route of the second stop (the one where JFK greeted the nuns)? Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike, your welcome to Manchester's info, as always he wrote of so many details now simply, put aside, no only what i posted did he comment on, nothing further, sorry, if i come across anything pertaining to such i will post, now a bit further on the V.P. for GiL AND ALL, FWIW... p134 TDOAP......Manchester........The Vice President's convertible ..Two and a half car lengths separated it from Half Back, ( SS Queen Mary) to indicate that the appearance of the Vice President was a separate event . Ralph Yarborough who loved parades ,was under the distinction that Lyndon Johynson wasn't enjoying the distinction. The Senator , in the left rear . was waving jubiliantly , Johnson stared glumly ahead......... all so far..best b post on Lancer 2008 '' Subject: Boy wrestled grnd motorcade Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:15:45 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01C88EDE.EC357770" X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Unsent: 1 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C88EDE.EC357770 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0016_01C88EDE.EC357770" ------=_NextPart_001_0016_01C88EDE.EC357770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link = attachments: Shortcut to: >Jones/ Shaw: "Our 1965 investigation lead us to believe >Robertson was in Dallas but was posing as a POSTAL INSPECTOR, >but it was reported to us that he had left Dallas. We also >learned from newsmen that something unusual did happen on >Harwood shortly before the turn to Main Street. No >one wanted credit for this, but we were told by reliable >newsmen that a man jumped in front of Kennedy's car on Harwood >shouting, "Stop, I must tell you." The man, according to ther >report, was promptly wresteled to the ground and hustled >away."=20 A November 25, 1963 Toronto Star article on my website about the boy. As = far as I know, it's the only paper in the whole world that reported the = story. Dallas Morning News photographer Joe Lair reported the story to = the author of this article, Rae Corelli I talked with a few years ago. http://www.geocities...Boy_chased.html An 2001 email from Gary Mack with more explanations: Denis - From an unpublished account by Laird a few weeks after the=20 assassination: He was at the sw corner of Main & Harwood with UPI photographer Daryll Heikes (the Museum has Heikes' original negatives.) They ran along=20 with the limo but "were unable to keep pace." About three blocks from there, he heard "someone to my right, shouting = "SLOW DOWN, WAIT, STOP! It distracted me, causing me to run into the = rear of a motorcycle." He wrote that an SS agent on LBJ's car "dismounted and shove a young=20 man head first to the pavement." After the motorcade passed, he "was = unable to locate the person I'd seen dumped so forceably." That's all he wrote, but now we know where it happened. Youngblood was = the only SS man in LBJ's car, but there were three other SS men in the = car behind. One of them must have been the one who tackled the guy. Sorry, I can't send you what Laird wrote, but it will probably be=20 published soon, and I'll let you know when it happens. Gary
<BR><BR><BR>newspaper article from dennis's .......http://jfkassassinationfiles.com/boy_chased<BR>

http://jfkassassinationfiles.com/boy_chased

Edited by Bernice Moore

the information on the boy or man who ran out to the limo, was not reported by penn jones,nor was he in error, see below for 2008 post from lancer..apparently there was an article on this at denis site at the time from the toronto star...

.....The Limo Did STOP Twice on Kennedy's order. From ''Death of a Pesident''..Manchester..pages; 135 and 6... The Motorcade made two stops.....''twice the motorcade halted at Kennedy's order.At Lemmon and Lomo Alto Drive a line of very small children stood behind a placard ''Mr.President , Please stop and shake our hands ''........Let's stop here Bill''Kennedy called to Greer.He stepped into the street and was nearly swept off his feet by a surge of shrieking youths.The scene was affectionally watched by a loyal couple named Gaudet. Toward the end of it, Mrs.Gaudet had an unsettling recollection; that morning she had heard a local radio program devoted to details of the assassination of the Lincoln assassination. and now she told her husband about it, saying ''President Kennedy ought to be awarded the Purple Heart just for coming to Dallas''.Kellerman and his men gently broke up the demonstration of children.So far the city had seemed harmless enough to them. In the lead car Lawson murmured a word of recommendation to Chief Curry Lawson had suggested that the underpasses be cleared of everyone except uniformed policemen, and the first indicated that his advice had been followed. Everything indeed appeared to be on schedule ............When the resident dismounted the second time , the agents . though vigilant, avoided a show of force. He wanted to greet a group of nuns. He was always alert for a glimpse of sisters, and it was a familiar scene. Only a tactless bodyguard would have intruded upon it.
Great stuff as always, Bernice! Bernice, did Manchester, or another source, ever mention the location along the motorcade route of the second stop (the one where JFK greeted the nuns)? Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike, your welcome to Manchester's info, as always he wrote of so many details now simply, put aside, no only what i posted did he comment on, nothing further, sorry, if i come across anything pertaining to such i will post, now a bit further on the V.P. for GiL AND ALL, FWIW... p134 TDOAP......Manchester........The Vice President's convertible ..Two and a half car lengths separated it from Half Back, ( SS Queen Mary) to indicate that the appearance of the Vice President was a separate event . Ralph Yarborough who loved parades ,was under the distinction that Lyndon Johynson wasn't enjoying the distinction. The Senator , in the left rear . was waving jubiliantly , Johnson stared glumly ahead......... all so far..best b post on Lancer 2008 '' Subject: Boy wrestled grnd motorcade Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:15:45 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0015_01C88EDE.EC357770" X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Unsent: 1 X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198 This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0015_01C88EDE.EC357770 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0016_01C88EDE.EC357770" ------=_NextPart_001_0016_01C88EDE.EC357770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The message is ready to be sent with the following file or link = attachments: Shortcut to: >Jones/ Shaw: "Our 1965 investigation lead us to believe >Robertson was in Dallas but was posing as a POSTAL INSPECTOR, >but it was reported to us that he had left Dallas. We also >learned from newsmen that something unusual did happen on >Harwood shortly before the turn to Main Street. No >one wanted credit for this, but we were told by reliable >newsmen that a man jumped in front of Kennedy's car on Harwood >shouting, "Stop, I must tell you." The man, according to ther >report, was promptly wresteled to the ground and hustled >away."=20 A November 25, 1963 Toronto Star article on my website about the boy. As = far as I know, it's the only paper in the whole world that reported the = story. Dallas Morning News photographer Joe Lair reported the story to = the author of this article, Rae Corelli I talked with a few years ago. http://www.geocities...Boy_chased.html An 2001 email from Gary Mack with more explanations: Denis - From an unpublished account by Laird a few weeks after the=20 assassination: He was at the sw corner of Main & Harwood with UPI photographer Daryll Heikes (the Museum has Heikes' original negatives.) They ran along=20 with the limo but "were unable to keep pace." About three blocks from there, he heard "someone to my right, shouting = "SLOW DOWN, WAIT, STOP! It distracted me, causing me to run into the = rear of a motorcycle." He wrote that an SS agent on LBJ's car "dismounted and shove a young=20 man head first to the pavement." After the motorcade passed, he "was = unable to locate the person I'd seen dumped so forceably." That's all he wrote, but now we know where it happened. Youngblood was = the only SS man in LBJ's car, but there were three other SS men in the = car behind. One of them must have been the one who tackled the guy. Sorry, I can't send you what Laird wrote, but it will probably be=20 published soon, and I'll let you know when it happens. Gary
<BR><BR><BR>newspaper article from dennis's .......http://jfkassassinationfiles.com/boy_chased<BR>

http://jfkassassinat....com/boy_chased

This may be the same boy being described, albeit with some misdirection about the true circumstances of what was actually taking place

WC CD 3 page 29

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?docId=10404&relPageId=34

On one occasion a teenage boy came out from the crowd slightly to the right and rear of the followup car, running at the President's car at a trot

with an object in his hands, which appeared to be a camera. Ready jumped off the running board, chased the boy briefly and gave him a light push back into the crowd.

Bernice that's a pretty fascinating article you provided......Mae Corelli, huh.

HD Holmes had four or so PI's with him that have never been idd.

http://scribblguy.50...com/ssdeath.htm

*the 1/22/77 issue of "The Continuing Inquiry" contains an article written by Penn Jones and Gary Shaw re: the "dead" agent incident as reported in a letter sent to Jim Garrison during the Clay Shaw trial:

"A Mr. Robertson, Assistant Director of the Dallas or Fort Worth Secret Service office, confided to [friend of writer who requested anonymity] in 1963 that a plot to kill President Kennedy was planned and he did not want any part of it. On November 22, 1963, my friend was in the office of Mr. Robertson when all phones began to ring, about the time Kennedy was arriving at Carswell Air Force Base [in Fort Worth], Mr. Robertson then said, 'Well, this is it' and left the office. Since that time Mr. Robertson's family of seven children and wife have not seen or heard from him, yet his paychecks continue to be mailed to his home."

"The name of the person in Dallas...is Inez Robertson. CHUCK ROBERTSON, HER HUSBAND, WORKS AT THE POST OFFICE...

"My interest in the Kennedy murder started in 1966 when I met an Air Force Master Sergeant at St. Albans Naval Hospital, Queens, New York.

This sergeant, an elderly man, was suffering from terminal cancer. He stated that on November 22,1963 he was attached to Air Force One as an electronics technician. He further stated that after the President was shot a message was received over a military frequency that multiple assassins had attacked the President...a Secret Service agent. Mr. Robertson, stationed in the Dallas-Fort Worth area disappeared on November 22,1963, yet his family still receives his paychecks. The disappearance of an individual is not unusual except that it has been said that Mr. Robertson became aware of an assassins plot against the president.

Holmes also mentions an odd last shot some time after the assassination. So : a disappeared agent posing as PI in the PO disappears.

Could this be the dead service agent? Could he have been one of the 4? Then: Shot to silence?

Not to distract from that thought, but I've always wanted to see footage, if any exists, of the stops that the motorcade made during heavy crowds in the Dallas streets before Dealey - the places where JFK stood up in the car, and allegedly once stepped out of the limo. Where were the following vehicles then? What did the Queen Mary SS men do?

If the limo had stopped and JFK stood up or got out to shake hands, you'd think there'd have been still photos snapped, at least.

Although there were two (or three) stops (according to the testimony of Youngblood, as I recall), there was never any stop where JFK "stood up" (as far as I know) and certainly none where he actually "stopped out of the limo." There was one stop where the car halted because of a sign held by some nuns, or Catholic school girls--that was the subject of a Life Magazine story some 20 years later.

But JFK did not exit the car.

DSL