The Education Forum

A petition to release MLK files

Friends,

Please view the following petition on the new We the People site at the White House website. To get their attention, it needs 25,000 signatures before November 13. Please go to the site yourself, register and sign it. Also, please pass this on to everyone you know who might be interested. Here is the link:

http://wh.gov/2fh

Thank you.

Edited by Joseph Backes

Friends,

Please view the following petition on the new We the People site at the White House website. To get their attention, it needs 25,000 signatures before November 13. Please go to the site yourself, register and sign it. Also, please pass this on to everyone you know who might be interested. Here is the link:

http://wh.gov/2fh

Thank you.

Thanks Joe,

BK

I have submitted the petition to several relatives who are all sympathetic to the cause and who are very active in various social networks. Hopefully the petition will go viral...

Thanks Greg,

Much appreciated

BK

Bill,

Was anyone handing out flyers about the petition, or any kind of literature, at the dedication to the MLK memorial today? If not, it was a wasted opportunity.

Was there any kind of police presence or park official presence discouraging that? Thanks.

Joe

I have submitted the petition to several relatives who are all sympathetic to the cause and who are very active in various social networks. Hopefully the petition will go viral...

Thanks Greg,

Much appreciated

BK

Bill,

Was anyone handing out flyers about the petition, or any kind of literature, at the dedication to the MLK memorial today? If not, it was a wasted opportunity.

Was there any kind of police presence or park official presence discouraging that? Thanks.

Joe

I'm not in DC Joe,

Every opportunity must be taken advantage of. You should have been there handing out leaflets.

Thanks Greg,

Much appreciated

BK

Bill,

Joe

I'm not in DC Joe,

Every opportunity must be taken advantage of. You should have been there handing out leaflets.

I'm not in D.C. either, Bill.

So, I'll take that as a no, no one was there. Where is COPA's HQ Bill, remind me.

Joe

D.C.

Correct, Greg.

I didn't tell or ask Bill that he should be in D.C. handing out flyers at the MLK memorial dedication. I merely asked if he knew if anyone did so.

So, he replies with a personal attack. Typical.

Does anyone know if anyone was handing out flyers? Could there have been a better opportunity to mention the petition?

Joe

D.C.

Correct, Greg.

I didn't tell or ask Bill that he should be in D.C. handing out flyers at the MLK memorial dedication. I merely asked if he knew if anyone did so.

Does anyone know if anyone was handing out flyers? Could there have been a better opportunity to mention the petition?

Joe

What was the personal attack again, Joe?

You asked if anyone was at the MLK event promoting the petition?

I wasn't there and have emailed a half dozen friends in DC and asked them but no response yet.

I thought it was a good idea to promote the petition at the MLK event at DC and since you thought of it, you should have acted on it.

How is that a personal attack?

bk

D.C.

Correct, Greg.

Joe

Joe, you also asked if the cops or other officials were preventing people from handing out leaflets. Bill's reply that he's not in DC seems pretty responsive to that question.

COPA may have its HQ in DC but that makes it sound like a big, well funded organization with staff capable of covering a lot of bases. The reality couldn't be further from that.

Heading fast to 50 yeas on from JFK and no one, despite public opinion being on our side, has managed to make even a snowdrop in hell's difference with the exceptions of Garrison and Stone. We can't get numbers to support petitions; we can't build sustainable networks, we can't raise funds (under $100 raised for a needed $30,000 for a full page ad and that little bit has come mainly from Australasia).

Compare that to what OWS has achieved in just a month.

It's not COPA's fault. Nor Lancer's. But time is running out -- and this latest was (another) wasted opportunity. I think we can all at least agree on that.

Joe,

In all fairness, I didn't think Bill was attacking you either. Upon a re-read, I now see how you might interpret it that way, but I really doubt that was his intended meaning.

My daughter put the petition on facebook, twitter, and all the rest. She's very politically savvy and very well versed on my work and that of others. I couldn't expect her to go to DC though. She lives in Australia. :o)

That said, I am appalled that I have yet to receive a single reply from any more of those to whom I sent the petition link--NOT one. Not even a "hello" reply to the email. Not a peep. Hell, when I send them a silly joke email I usually get more response. :(