The Education Forum

A Couple of Unrelated Questions

Thomas,

Here is a an image I constructed taking the Secret Service photo and adding Sorrels' photo from the Abeline Reporter News from 11/24/64.

Boris Pash does resemble the man in the image with LBJ but Pash was shorter. Sorrels was in the car ahead of Kennedy on 11/22. He retired in 1969 after 47 years with the Secret Service, spending many years at the Dallas branch office.

post-6350-029244600 1319240011_thumb.jpg

Zach

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas,

Here is a an image I constructed taking the Secret Service photo and adding Sorrels' photo from the Abeline Reporter News from 11/24/64.

Boris Pash does resemble the man in the image with LBJ but Pash was shorter. Sorrels was in the car ahead of Kennedy on 11/22. He retired in 1969 after 47 years with the Secret Service, spending many years at the Dallas branch office.

post-6350-029244600 1319240011_thumb.jpg

Zach

Thanks Zach!

Got any other photos of Sorrels?

--Tommy

Fast forwarding to a new question, which will be

Question #5

Does anyone else besides me see a strong resemblence (except for the huge ears; LOL) between Manuel Aguilar and Oswald?

Sorry, but I don't know how to transfer this photo from the Spartacus Educational website to the JFK Assassination Debate forum. Google "Spartacus Educational" and "Interpen" at the same time. Aguilar's "head shot" photo is in the lower right corner in the group of photos.

Can anyone post the bigger photo that I think this "head shot" came from? In the bigger photo Loran Hall is standing to Aguilar's right. I can't even find the darn thing now, and I was looking at it only about an hour ago. LOL

Thanks,

--Odd Tommy

Edited by Thomas Graves

Thomas, Here is a an image I constructed taking the Secret Service photo and adding Sorrels' photo from the Abeline Reporter News from 11/24/64. Boris Pash does resemble the man in the image with LBJ but Pash was shorter. Sorrels was in the car ahead of Kennedy on 11/22. He retired in 1969 after 47 years with the Secret Service, spending many years at the Dallas branch office. post-6350-029244600 1319240011_thumb.jpg Zach
Thanks Zach! Got any other photos of Sorrels? --Tommy
nope only the three....... Tommy the three of Sorrels are thanks originally to vince palamara and his research, there is one more of him on the left leaving i believe parkland with marina, and the print out from the newpaper, and the one you mentioned where they used to think him as pash, but proven not so by palamara...  ps i believe the newspaper article clip was originally found and posted by Tom Scully, after thinking about it...b Edited by Bernice Moore

• 4 months later...

Bill, I would sure be interested if someone could try such a search again; that was one of the first things I did after reading

Vincents' book (well actually the first thing I tried to do was to catch his lawyer who literally sprinted out of the room and

down the escalator after his presentation at Lancer - eventually I did exchange telephone calls and letters with him over several

years and it was all very non-productive, and he would never let me talk directly to Vincent). Anyway, I looked up all the

fronts and proprietaries I could find and started searching for photos - was unable to find anything even similar to that logo

on any of them. But someone else could very possibly do better now.

I will comment on two things, I took careful notes during the lawyers presentation of a video tape of Vincent which he

showed at Dallas and there were inconsistencies between that and the book, nothing huge but enough to be a bit disconcerting.

Also, its pretty clear that Vincent did not understand that his recruiting trips to the CIA as well as his security checks "could"

have been a very routine part of his screening for the SR-71 assignment that he did get. All the mystery he describes was pretty

much SOP for that CIA run program. Obviously I can't confirm it was but that would be a non-conspiratorial explanation.

I'd sure be ready to revisit it if somebody would come up with a photo of that graphic on a CIA associated air transportation

company. I'd also suggest that if anyone has any FAA contacts that a quick search there might do it as well, even proprietary

and front companies have to register their companies and aircraft.

-- Larry

Also see:

JFKcountercoup: CIAir

JFKcountercoup: Then Came the CIA - Southern Air Transport

If I remember correctly, Vinson said that the plane had specific markings on the tail - a logo that designated it a CIA airline.

Can that logo be identified?

bk

Well, Bill, in JFK and the Unspeakable, James Douglas writes (on page 299), "Unlike all the other planes Vinson had hitched a ride on, the C-54 bore no military markings or serial numbers. Its only identification was on its tail--a rust brown graphic of an egg-shaped earth, crossed by white grid marks." (For this, Douglas cites Johnson and Roe, Flight From Dallas, page 23.)

Then, on page 302, Douglas writes,

"For the last year and a half of his Air Force enlistment, Vinson served as the administrative supervisor for base supply of the CIA's SR-71/Blackbird spy plane project at Site 51 (note: Site 51 is 40 miles north of Las Vegas, Nevada)." .... "While Vinson was working at Site 51, he saw a C-54 like the one that flew the second Oswald out of Dallas. On its tail was the same rust-brown graphic of an egg-shaped earth crossed by white grid marks, that he had seen on the C-54 he had boarded at Andrews (AFB near Washington, D.C.). An Air Force sergeant at Site 51 confirmed the source of the plane he was looking at.

'CIA,' he said." --here Douglas cites Flight From Dallas, page 68, as well as "Vinson's affidavit, page 43."

--Odd Tommy

For an interesting article about a CIA C-54 crash in Nevada on November 15, 1955, google "CIA C-54 Crash on Mt Charleston"

If you read the CIAIR article - there were five CIA propriety airlines mentioned - all belonging to a group association, and I would bet that one of those airlines used the egg earth with white grids as a logo.

BK

Tommy here is the lbj leaving Parkland,with a man that some thought to be Pash,and there was a resemblance, this as well as others that show Sorrels on the day of the assassination , was cleared up by Vince Palamara, they were and are of SS Vincent Sorrels..if you feel the need, you and or whomever could contact Vince for verification, this photo btw is from Groden's jfk assassination coffee sized book.The Killing Of A President.....where he also ids Sorrels.I believe ..PS Here he is also behind Marina leaving Parkland, top left...thanks b

Edited by Bernice Moore

Guest Tom Scully

R5D_03.jpeg

C-54 aircraft.

Seems kind of big for landing in the river bottoms.

Consider that, in part II of this video of Vinson, in literally the first ten words coming out of his mouth, Vinson describes the C-54 as a "twin engine cargo plane...."

B

Guest Tom Scully

R5D_03.jpeg

C-54 aircraft.

Seems kind of big for landing in the river bottoms.

Consider that, in part II of this video of Vinson, in literally the first ten words coming out of his mouth, Vinson describes the C-54 as a "twin engine cargo plane...."

The interviewer politely prompts Vinson at about 1:40 into the interview about the C-54 having four engines.

B