The Education Forum

JFK and the Bay of Pigs

Yes, I appeal the closing of the JFK and the Bay of Pigs thread because the topic is important and it should be continually discussed even if members digress to other areas.

There were aspects to that thread that should be discussed, and just because no one is discussing them now doesn't mean they won't come up again in the future.

Bill Kelly

JFKcountercoup

Yes, I second it!

I think that the BOP thread has some real pertinent information and would require additional research in some areas, by locking it out only prevents others (memebr's or non member's) from sharing in what could be critical information, if its just a matter of me deleteing my posts that are not appropriate for or approved by Tom, then I would do so in a heart beat in order to re-open such an important thread, and not put such an important topic on the back burner.

Yes, I second it!

I think that the BOP thread has some real pertinent information and would require additional research in some areas, by locking it out only prevents others (memebr's or non member's) from sharing in what could be critical information, if its just a matter of me deleteing my posts that are not appropriate for or approved by Tom, then I would do so in a heart beat in order to re-open such an important thread, and not put such an important topic on the back burner.

Tom, Just because you and others started BSing off topic doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to respond to some of the pertinent earlier posts that are on topic and important.

If you unlock the thread, I will bring up an old post that is relevant and restart the conversation on topic, and if it goes off topic, then you can hammer that person and have them start a new thread on whatever it is they want to talk about, but I think the original thread is important and has important information on it and it shouldn't be locked.

There's no excuse to lock any thread.

BK

Yes, I second it!

Tom, Just because you and others started BSing off topic doesn't mean that people shouldn't be able to respond to some of the pertinent earlier posts that are on topic and important.

If you unlock the thread, I will bring up an old post that is relevant and restart the conversation on topic, and if it goes off topic, then you can hammer that person and have them start a new thread on whatever it is they want to talk about, but I think the original thread is important and has important information on it and it shouldn't be locked.

There's no excuse to lock any thread.

BK

Bill and Scott,

I agree with you wholeheartedly on this.

--Thomas

Although I have had my differences with Scott over factual matters, I don't believe he has done anything approaching the need to be moderated. I think he is sincere and probably working hard on this subject. Also, for whatever reason, sometimes personalities may simply tend to clash, as well, resulting in a tendency for posts to drift off topic.

That said, I agree that the thread in question should NOT be locked.