The Education Forum

Mason Lankford

Greg Parker

To those who think every facet of this case has been researched to death... I present Mason Lankford.

http://reopenkennedy...-mason-lankford

http://contentdm.baylor.edu/cdm4/document.php?CISOROOT=/15poage-arm&CISOPTR=13197&REC=1

More importantly, in November of 1963, and likely long before that, Lankfordwas a Special Agent for the Office of Naval Intelligence in Dallas,reporting directly to the Director of Naval Intelligence, Rufus Taylor.

That's pretty fascinating Greg,

Keep us posted on this,

BK

Guest Tom Scully

I don't think this helped the presentation. Even the Paines are deeper persons of interest, because of who they are associated with, and their established behavior during the relevant period. DeMohrenschildt was in a class by himself. Is Roscoe White a more important suspect now?

...It is not unreasonable to infer that he may have been a true ONI handler for both Roscoe White and LHO – as opposed to caretakers like DeMohrenschildt or the Paines – for whom Lankford may also have been a handler or at least a coordinator....

I just don't see the point of my suspect is more significant than yours on so slim a lead in, as the one quoted above. As with any other new information, I am in the camp of keep digging until there are no new leads, move on for a time and come back and do more digging, rinse, repeat.

My immediate reaction is that Ft. Worth was a big, small town and Lankford seems too local and familiar for a long enough time located in the same area not to be a known quantity compared to so many others of interest. Lankford can be compared to locals like members of the DPD, and County Sheriff's office, but they were inside a fraternal compartment, and Dallas is a bigger place.

The Paines, Demohrenschildt, FBI and SS agents, Wesley Frazier, Jack Crichton, seem to me examples of the more mobile, transitory, insulated type than Lankford was.

Only my first impression and my usual approach. Maybe the author is putting out a tease and has a slam dunk up his sleeve, but the quote I posted influences me to think the comparison between "handler" and "caretaker" was added out of the frustration of feeling so close, but finding a wall in the way, for now.

I don't think this helped the presentation. Even the Paines are deeper persons of interest, because of who they are associated with, and their established behavior during the relevant period. DeMohrenschildt was in a class by himself. Is Roscoe White a more important suspect now?

...It is not unreasonable to infer that he may have been a true ONI handler for both Roscoe White and LHO – as opposed to caretakers like DeMohrenschildt or the Paines – for whom Lankford may also have been a handler or at least a coordinator....

I just don't see the point of my suspect is more significant than yours on so slim a lead in, as the one quoted above. As with any other new information, I am in the camp of keep digging until there are no new leads, move on for a time and come back and do more digging, rinse, repeat.

My immediate reaction is that Ft. Worth was a big, small town and Lankford seems too local and familiar for a long enough time located in the same area not to be a known quantity compared to so many others of interest. Lankford can be compared to locals like members of the DPD, and County Sheriff's office, but they were inside a fraternal compartment, and Dallas is a bigger place.

The Paines, Demohrenschildt, FBI and SS agents, Wesley Frazier, Jack Crichton, seem to me examples of the more mobile, transitory, insulated type than Lankford was.

Only my first impression and my usual approach. Maybe the author is putting out a tease and has a slam dunk up his sleeve, but the quote I posted influences me to think the comparison between "handler" and "caretaker" was added out of the frustration of feeling so close, but finding a wall in the way, for now.

Tom,

These suspects are not rated as to how they are involved or if they are involved in anything at all, but rather what they tell us.

If you've been following the recent spate of interest in ONI that this article sparked, JFKcountercoup: The Railroading of LCDR Terri Pike and see some of the other leads that have previously been developed JFKcountercoup: ONI & the Assassination of JFK and the fact that the complete record collection of Rufus Taylor are missing, JFKcountercoup: Rear Admiral Rufus Taylor ONI Records Missing?, the idea that this guy was an ONI informant, and this document tips us off about another ONI informant in Dallas, it is a significant discovery.

These ONI informants were most likely reporting to the the ONI NCI office in Dallas and as the document posted under the missing Rufus Taylor thread notes:

"Question 1: Review Board request for records identified in the office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) regional office located in Dallas, TX, in 1963.

Answer: The ONI office located in Dallas, TX,in 1963 was associated with the Naval Criminal Investigation Service, then a component command of ONI. Those records, if any, are now under their control and are not within ONI record group 289 at the Washington National RecordsCenter (WNRC)."

Then we might be able to locate more relevant ONI records related to the assassination from these documents that were never turned over to the ARRB by the ONI.

While the Roscoe White story has been discarded by many as a sham, Roscoe White did serve in the USMC with Oswald, traveled to Japan with him on the same ship, did work at the DPD, did have copies of the backyard photos that nobody else had and was married to a women who worked for Jack Ruby. So his association with these people is significant.

There was also another guy who was in the military, whose name I forget at the moment, but he came forward during the Garrison investigation and claimed that he was working undercover for ONI as a piano player at an officers club at a military base and was informing on military officers who were gay. The military at the time, apparently especially the Navy, were paranoid about gays in the military because of the recent defection of two former NAVY men who were with NSA, and were suspected of having been blackmailed by the KGB because they were gay. They are also part of the ONI defectors file that was requested by the ARRB and located by LCDR Terri Pike but never turned over to the ARRB.

So these Langford documents that Greg has called attention to confirm that there was an ONI NCI office in Dallas in 1963, it was actively running undercover informants, and some of them are connected to White and other characters were are interested in.

Greg has also mentioned that Langford was reporting directly to Rufus Taylor, though that would be incredible if true, and could help explain why his records for the four years he was director of ONI as well as the records of the Dallas ONI office, both specifically requested by ARRB, have gone missing.

While these aren't actually pieces to the puzzle or smoking guns, there's a lot of smoke there, and they give us the outline of the pieces of the puzzle we are looking for.

And as LCDR Pike had noted in her meetings with ARRB staff, the records she found on the defectors were discovered by accident, because they had been misfiled, as I believe the other records were as well. That is deliberately misfiled.

BK

JFKcountercoup

Edited by William Kelly

Great research there Greg. I'll have some questions for you tomorrow. Let's hope what amounts to a possible new line of inquiry doesn't get lost in figuring out who tried to cut Judy Baker's gums.

I'm sure you're aware of it, Lee, but to clear up any possible confusion -- the research on this is not mine. It is by someone who wants anonymity.

As for the latest attempt on JVB - my money is on the CIA's most inept contract hit man: http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/glass.asp

Tom, your concerns are noted, but bear with it. I think he is potentially a significant figure.

Tom,

These suspects are not rated as to how they are involved or if they are involved in anything at all, but rather what they tell us.

If you've been following the recent spate of interest in ONI that this article sparked, JFKcountercoup: The Railroading of LCDR Terri Pike and see some of the other leads that have previously been developed JFKcountercoup: ONI & the Assassination of JFK and the fact that the complete record collection of Rufus Taylor are missing, JFKcountercoup: Rear Admiral Rufus Taylor ONI Records Missing?, the idea that this guy was an ONI informant, and this document tips us off about another ONI informant in Dallas, it is a significant discovery.

These ONI informants were most likely reporting to the the ONI NCI office in Dallas and as the document posted under the missing Rufus Taylor thread notes:

"Question 1: Review Board request for records identified in the office of Naval Intelligence (ONI) regional office located in Dallas, TX, in 1963.

Answer: The ONI office located in Dallas, TX,in 1963 was associated with the Naval Criminal Investigation Service, then a component command of ONI. Those records, if any, are now under their control and are not within ONI record group 289 at the Washington National RecordsCenter (WNRC)."

Then we might be able to locate more relevant ONI records related to the assassination from these documents that were never turned over to the ARRB by the ONI.

While the Roscoe White story has been discarded by many as a sham, Roscoe White did serve in the USMC with Oswald, traveled to Japan with him on the same ship, did work at the DPD, did have copies of the backyard photos that nobody else had and was married to a women who worked for Jack Ruby. So his association with these people is significant.

There was also another guy who was in the military, whose name I forget at the moment, but he came forward during the Garrison investigation and claimed that he was working undercover for ONI as a piano player at an officers club at a military base and was informing on military officers who were gay. The military at the time, apparently especially the Navy, were paranoid about gays in the military because of the recent defection of two former NAVY men who were with NSA, and were suspected of having been blackmailed by the KGB because they were gay. They are also part of the ONI defectors file that was requested by the ARRB and located by LCDR Terri Pike but never turned over to the ARRB.

So these Langford documents that Greg has called attention to confirm that there was an ONI NCI office in Dallas in 1963, it was actively running undercover informants, and some of them are connected to White and other characters were are interested in.

Greg has also mentioned that Langford was reporting directly to Rufus Taylor, though that would be incredible if true, and could help explain why his records for the four years he was director of ONI as well as the records of the Dallas ONI office, both specifically requested by ARRB, have gone missing.

While these aren't actually pieces to the puzzle or smoking guns, there's a lot of smoke there, and they give us the outline of the pieces of the puzzle we are looking for.

And as LCDR Pike had noted in her meetings with ARRB staff, the records she found on the defectors were discovered by accident, because they had been misfiled, as I believe the other records were as well. That is deliberately misfiled.

BK

JFKcountercoup

Bill,

his politics and possible links to various people already on the radar, are among the things I want to at least try and flesh out.

Tom,

BK

JFKcountercoup

Bill,

his politics and possible links to various people already on the radar, are among the things I want to at least try and flesh out.

Greg,

I too think this is potentially significant.

While I don't believe that the guy who accompanied Ruby to the electronics repair shop was Oswald - rather it appears to have been Larry Crafard, who was mistaken for Oswald a number of times and may have intentionally impersonated him at least once, they did show a series of photos to one of the guys who eyeballed him and he picked Oswald's pix out of the photo lineup, but Crafard's wasn't among them.

More significant however, is Langford being described as a Special Agent of ONI who was running undercover informants in Dallas, that one of them was informing on gay servicemen - much as Donald Norton was, and that Langford was twice associated with Max Clark.

Most significant however, is the letter from Rufus Taylor to Admiral McDonald outlining four items of interest related to the assassination. Since they can't seem to locate any of Taylor's records at all, we now have three documents related to the assassination with Taylor's name on them, and this one is important because it shows that the director of ONI himself was taking a keen interest in what was developing in Dallas.

I haven't had time to check out Admiral McDonald yet, but it appears to me that he must be superior to the Director ONI, as Taylor is reporting to him.

These three Taylor records that we have related to the assassination indicates that John Newman was correct when he said that they can't destroy all the files and that files that are destroyed or are missing can be reassembled by obtaining the records from other files. We now have the letter from Taylor saying Oswald was never an agent or asset of ONI from Asst. NavSec Paul Fay's records, another Taylor document from MacNamara's files and now this one (thanks to John Armstrong and Greg Parker), so we are well on the way to reassembling the Taylor records related to the assassination, as I believe if something happens three times it will happen again.

And Greg, I put a link to your blog on my blog but I haven't figured out how to activate such links so they are live, but encouraged people to go there so they can link to the original documents from your site.

BK

JFKcountercoup: Rufus Taylor & Dallas ONI SA J. Mason Lankford, Jr.