The Education Forum

Altgens5 - man on fire escape

Now we've all see this image... yet I had not read about how this man gets out to his perch and then back in again...

It would seem he exited the 2nd floor window

or may have come down from the third floor.... ?

Any more info on Fire Escape Man? (FEM? lol)

thanks

DJ

Looks like the right area for a very serious question. Did those fire escape cables interfere with the first shot as the limo turned the corner? The fire escape keep away person for the 2nd floor Dal-Tex shots at JFK.

If there's a shooter there, then this guy's a gatekeeper for him: "Nah, there was no shot from there - that guy in the T-shirt woulda seen it."

Paired with the Dal-Tex shooter as Dark-Complected Man is with The Umbrella Man?

Was talking about the guy sitting on the firescape...

He MUST have climbed out a window... we assume it was the 2nd floor window below him, OR the 3rd floor and he came down...

Might have been a good person to speak to....

DJ

Now we've all see this image... yet I had not read about how this man gets out to his perch and then back in again...

thanks

DJ

Near the upper right section of the first picture, which is magnified, are there 2 men hiding there with rifles or am I seeing things?

Kathy C

Edited by Kathleen Collins

thanks

DJ

Near the upper right section of the first picture, which is magnified, are there 2 men hiding there with rifles or am I seeing things?

Kathy C

Don't think you're seeing things... is this any better?

thanks

DJ

Kathy C

Figure in the 3rd floor window appears to be wearing a hat similar to the guy on the fire escape.

David, do you know who that 3rd floor office was used by in November of 1963?

thanks

DJ

Kathy C

Figure in the 3rd floor window appears to be wearing a hat similar to the guy on the fire escape.

David, do you know who that 3rd floor office was used by in November of 1963?

It's conspicuously close to the offices of Abraham Zapruder which occupied the 4th and 5th floors of the Dal-Tex building.

Edited by Greg Burnham

If there's a shooter there, then this guy's a gatekeeper for him: "Nah, there was no shot from there - that guy in the T-shirt woulda seen it."

Paired with the Dal-Tex shooter as Dark-Complected Man is with The Umbrella Man?

Was talking about the guy sitting on the firescape...

He MUST have climbed out a window... we assume it was the 2nd floor window below him, OR the 3rd floor and he came down...

Might have been a good person to speak to....

DJ

I am talking about the guy sitting on the fire escape. I'm suggesting that he's a gatekeeper or diversionary helper to someone firing from the window. People look up - they say, "Nope, the shot can't have come from there, because the guy sitting on the fire escape would have seen or heard something."

But what if the guy sat there and didn't notice a thing?...Nothing to see here, folks. That's why I said he might be paired with the shooter, the way the Dark Complected man seems to be paired with The Umbrella Man.

Also, Fire Escape Man would be able to keep others from climbing the fire escape and disturbing the shooter.

But the trouble with judging whether somebody is actually firing from that window is that there appears to be a cross figure in front of the window, an X-shape made from two crossed pieces of steel on the fire escape landing. One of the arms of this cross appears to be a rifle in a shooter's hand - but perhaps it's not.

One of the essays in Murder in Dealey Plaza places the sniper's nest in the window on the floor below the window shown in the posts above, and one can arguably see figures in that window also, source Altgens 6.

Edited by David Andrews