The Education Forum

Joseph P. Farrell: A Look back on JFK -- taking stock

A LOOK BACK AT JFK: TAKING STOCK

November 22, 2011 By Joseph P. Farrell

http://gizadeathstar.com/2011/11/a-look-back-at-jfk-taking-stock/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GizaDeathStar+%28Giza+Death+Star%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Today is the 48th anniversary of the cold-blooded murder of President John Fitzgerald Kennedy, Friday, Nov 22, 1963, at Dealey Plaza in Dallas, Texas. It is worth pausing and noting that this year saw the release by Caroline Kennedy of her mother’s tapes and diaries, in which the late Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis indicated her strong belief that Lyndon Johnson, and elements of the Texas “oil community” were involved in the assassination.

It came, for me, as a bit of sad and bittersweet confirmation of the opinions that I and other researchers such as Jim Marrs, Peter Dale Scott, Zirbel, had come to, namely, that these two elements were indeed involved in the assassination. It was, by anyone’s lights, a big conspiracy, one that was, according to Oswald’s murderer Jack Ruby, larger than anyone could possibly imagine, and one that, again according to Ruby, would usher in a “new form of government”, a government essentially broadly Fascist in its ideological outlook, a kind of “sublime” fusion of corporate and governmental power.

There were, I think, other elements involved in the plot, as I outline in LBJ and the Conspiracy to Kill Kennedy, Mafia, intelligence, military, big oil, banking and finance, and, yes, even the sinister shadow of the swastika cast over the whole affair, and at the pinnacle, at least as an accessory after the fact if not as an outright planner, Lyndon Baines Johnson.

Most of us are now cynical of both political parties, and the unresponsiveness of our “leadership” to the public good and genuine national interest. We are, we know in our hearts, citizens of an out of control empire, projecting more and more political and military power, printing ever more monetized debt to the glee of the banksters, taking out American citizens without trial or due process by drones, and all of it, I suspect, is because the same coup-d’etat that brought this benign Fascism into the open in American culture has continued more or less apace since President Kennedy’s untimely death. Kennedy, like Eisenhower, saw the dangers of the military-industrial complex, but unlike Eisenhower, made a desperate attempt to undo at least some of it…and paid the price with his life.

The stupidity of the official “Warren Report” explanation of the crime, lest we forget, remains the de facto and de jure explanation of the murder by every American president since: the goofiness of the story serving as a reminder to the sock puppets in the White House that this “can happen to you”, and every now and then, they’re given reminders: the attempts on Gerald Ford’s life, the “lone nut” attempt on Ronald Reagan, the gate-crashers at a state dinner between India’s Prime Minister and President Obama.

But it isn’t a time for sadness, but rather, for reflection: most now no longer believe the Warren report nonsense; what we now need to understand, as Professor Peter Dale Scott has so ably demonstrated in his books on the assassination, is that Ruby’s statement on the vastness of the conspiracy is true, and that it is now a standard feature of the corruption in American politics.