The Education Forum

Robert Oswald's Freudian slip?

Martin Blank

I was flipping back and forth between a basketball game and the documentary “JFK: Beyond Conspiracy” last night (Nov. 22) when I heard something startling. Robert Oswald was being interviewed and was talking about finding out that his “brother” had been arrested for Kennedy’s murder. He said something along the lines of “Lee Harvey Oswald or Harvey Lee Oswald” had been arrested, I was recording the show so I wasn’t paying that much attention figuring I’d watch it later, which I haven’t had time to do. But I did hear him clearly say both names.

It left me wondering whether it was a slip or deliberate. I have long had the suspicion that Robert knows the difference between Lee Harvey Oswald and Harvey Lee Oswald. He knows as well that it was his brother Lee who was involved in the assassination and is telling the truth when he says things such as “Lee shot President Kennedy” and knows he’s telling the truth. He knows as well that Harvey was innocent. But without the Rosetta Stone that John Armstrong’s work provides, people just shake their heads and say, “See!”

It’s as if Robert feels comfortable or protected just leading people to the bridge but not taking them across. DNA testing of him and Oswald’s daughters might just clear the matter up. Will that happen? I don’t believe so.

Could it be that the report or whatever that he got the name from in the recollection had used the name (Mr) O. H Lee. Maybe then that says something?

Could it be that the report or whatever that he got the name from in the recollection had used the name (Mr) O. H Lee. Maybe then that says something?

he distinctly said harvey lee oswald.

i'm going to watch the whole thing this weekend. so i don't know if he attributes the info in any way

Curiously, I had the same experience last night. I've seen the Meyers-Posner "Beyond Conspiracy," but I had it on for a moment between channels.

What I noticed was that, in the still photo and home movie footage shown of the Oswald-Pic families' reunion...that big-jowled guy purported to be Oswald barely looks like the Dealey Plaza Oswald.

Check it in Duncan's post above, at about 28:00. Maybe somebody can put up the complete reunion footage for comment.

Edited by David Andrews

You may find this interesting.

On October 30, 1978, Mike Ewing held a telephone interview with Marguerite Oswald. Ewing was a HSCA investigator.

Towards the end of the interview (which lasted for 55 minutes) this happened:

Mrs. Oswald then stated that "you are not interested in the most important people." By this and her following comments I had the impression that she was speaking of a power which included the CIA but was even more powerful. She stated that "The CIA is only a part of it all. My whole family was taken over. I will tell you that for the record." She stated that the "minds" of the members of her family have been taken over by "an incredible force." She further stated that "I was taken over even before the assassination. Even before they got Lee." She would not state when she thought this had occurred.

Food for thought...

god only knows what happened to the other mrs. oswald (not marina). the whole thing is weird. it's like the oswalds are the modern spy age family (apologies to the flintstones)

You may find this interesting.

On October 30, 1978, Mike Ewing held a telephone interview with Marguerite Oswald. Ewing was a HSCA investigator.

Towards the end of the interview (which lasted for 55 minutes) this happened:

Mrs. Oswald then stated that "you are not interested in the most important people." By this and her following comments I had the impression that she was speaking of a power which included the CIA but was even more powerful. She stated that "The CIA is only a part of it all. My whole family was taken over. I will tell you that for the record." She stated that the "minds" of the members of her family have been taken over by "an incredible force." She further stated that "I was taken over even before the assassination. Even before they got Lee." She would not state when she thought this had occurred.

Food for thought...

Lee,

not to detract from the possibility this is true, but in 1967, Marguerite read "Were We Controlled?" and began trying to track down the author - convinced he was onto something...

It seems to me, this book was probably the source of her comments to Ewing. I think there may be some partial truth to it given my research into Pic and his wife -- but would be leery of attributing the comments to her own thoughts, memories or knowledge.