The Education Forum

Tink's performance in The New York Times

Guest James H. Fetzer

Give Lifton an inch and he takes a mile.

I have often stated why I stay away from the issue.

If I have that consuming my time, I could not ever do the things I do accomplish.

Much too time consuming. And as Pat says, too contentious.

Unfortunately, trying to communicate with anyone who refuses to debate issues in a constructive manner and instead makes demands is a waste of time.

I'm hoping to keep this crucially important thread on "page one" forever! So, here's my two cents for today-- TINKER Tailor Soldier Sailor!

--Tommy :ph34r:

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some questions that have collected in my brain pan, and need emptying. B)

Would a "military-style ambush" employ a spotter on the curb pumping his umbrella up and down? Who is watching the umbrella? Would the shooters watch the umbrella at the same time as they sight the target, or would there be a spotter with the shooter watching the umbrella?

Having never conducted a military style ambush I can't rule out the above based on experience, but I'm having a difficult time imagining such an ambush employing someone like the Umbrella Man.

Why wouldn't a military-style ambush just use spotters with high grade binoculars?

And while I'm on the subject of difficult-for-me-to-imagine scenarios, what about the one where, in the course of a military style ambush, the very first shot at JFK was a non-fatal round that was designed to go through the windshield?

Seriously, Dr. Fetzer, Dr. Mantik, Mr. Weldon? They planned the first shot to go through the windshield, thereby running the risk of alerting everyone in the limo that there was an attack from the front, which was then followed up with another non-fatal shot in the back?

Really?

And lastly...

Mr. Lifton, if the assassins planned all along to alter the wounds to Kennedy to indict a lone nut assassin why did they set up a very un-lone-nut-like Lee Harvey Oswald as the patsy? Of course, I'm not disputing the body alteration scenario -- it is, after all, suggested in the historical record -- but it seems to me that body alteration was merely a contingency in case the Oswald-as-Castro-agent scenario fell apart, which it did.

Regarding the questions you posed:

(a) I agree that a professional sniper operation would likely employ a spotter paired with each shooter (and using binoculars). Moreover, the focus of the spotter would be on the target—(and/or on some person in authority making decision, and controlling the number of shots necessary, etc.) and certainly not on some fellow with an umbrella.

(b ) I do not believe there was any “warning shot” designed to go through the windshield. I do believe that there was likely an audio diversion, to create the appearance of shots from behind, but I agree with your point: a deliberate shot through the windshield would alert everyone that there was an attack from the front.

(c ) I believe that the original plan called for Oswald—with politically suggestive ties to Castro (to be exploited to embarrass the left)—to be set up as the “lone assassin.” And then to be dead very shortly afterwards, so he would never be able to reveal the secret(s) of who he was, how he was manipulated, etc.

I do not believe that this crime was ever planned to “look like” a multiple shooter conspiracy; rather, it was always planned to look like a “single-shooter” event.

Consequently, I do not believe that body-alteration was “merely a contingency plan.” To the contrary, medical alteration and autopsy falsification was a major covert operation that lay at the heart of a strategy of deception that worked in tandem with the actual assassination. (And I disagree with anyone who thinks that the autopsy falsification was part of an ad hoc after-the-fact cover-up).

Also please note: the reason that Oswald “looks like” a “lone assassin” (i.e., appears that way in the Warren Report, but not if one goes several layers deeper, into the documents etc) is largely the result of the de-politicization of the Kennedy assassination by the Warren Commission (and in the media coverage, too). As you well know, the dynamics of the Warren Commission investigation functioned as to minimize (and marginalize) Oswald’s connections to the Soviet Union, to Castro, the significance of the trip to Mexico City, etc.

As spelled out in Best Evidence, I do not believe that Oswald was a shooter in the JFK assassination, and the only reason he appears to be that is because of falsification of the key evidence—a falsification which was integral to the design of the crime. In other words, I believe this was a plot with a “built in cover-up”—that is, a false solution was planned (and manufactured) as part of the crime.

As to contingency plans: Of course, none of us have a copy of the conspirators “playbook,” and I suppose it could be argued that if plans went so completely awry that the Secret Service actually lost control of the body (and the subsequent autopsy), and it was impossible to deny the existence of other shooters (either because of the recovery of bullets from “other guns” or because of matters of geometry, i.e., incontrovertible evidence of shots from the front), then sure, there might have been a “plan B” in which it was alleged that this was a “multiple shooter” conspiracy. However, I don’t think that was ever planned as a reasonable “contingency” because it would have created a political uproar, and created all kinds of nearly insoluble problems for Johnson to address, and still “ascend” to the presidency in a legitimate manner, i.e., without a huge cloud of suspicion hanging over his head. Leaving the Kennedy assassination as an "unsolved crime" --because there were "other shooters" who somehow "escaped"-- was not (IMHO) a viable "solution" (politically speaking).

DSL

12/11/11 ; 4:55 AM

Los Angeles, CA

Edited by David Lifton

Any chance of the name of Steve Witt's dentist?

I'm getting the impression you are now ignoring this request on purpose - you've been asked six or seven times now.

Why are you struggling with such a simple request, Mr. Lifton?

If David Lifton tells us the name of Witt's dentist--and it can be verified--I might even consider telling him what I think about the moon landings!

I'm getting the impression you are now ignoring this request on purpose - you've been asked six or seven times now.

If David Lifton tells us the name of Witt's dentist--and it can be verified--I might even consider telling him what I think about the moon landings!

I wonder why it's such a struggle for him to tell us?

I think we should seriously consider kicking him off the forum if he continues to refuse to divulge the name of the darn dentist. He's got a lot of darn gall!

JUST KIDDING

My ulterior motive for this here "reply" was to bump this here thread. Seriously!

--Tommy :)

Edited by Thomas Graves

But you've already told us what you think of the moon landings. You're not sure. You haven't studied it enough yet, etc. Someone said you are a motorcycle officer. Suppose you stop someone for speeding, and the ticket is contested, and you find yourself in court, and your opponent raises this issue, and the judge asks you. . . Well, officer. . do you think we went to the moon, or not? Don't you think it will cause some raised eyebrows if you tell the court that you aren't sure? That you haven't "studied the matter enough" etc.?

As for the dentist's identity, these conversations happened 35 years ago--just before (or at the time of) the HSCA hearings. The source was a friend (from Dallas) who had the same dentist--i.e., Witt's dentist. I haven't seen her in over thirty years. Do you think I should have kept some sort of "forensic diary" at the time? So I would be able to produce the name of the dentist three decades hence, as "corroboration" for someone like yourself; when the man himself (i.e., Witt) was visited at his home by a congressional investigator (Moriarty), and then appeared as a sworn witness in a nationally televised congressional investigation. (Are you kidding??)

I think I've made my own position pretty clear on Witt. (And I've also told you that both Earl Golz and Penn Jones (who actually confronted Witt, I'm told, where he worked) seemed satisfied that it was him.

Steve Witt and his umbrella represents a conspiracy hypothesis that's hard (for some) to give up. They're enamored of it. Like an old romance, it will never go away. I never had that problem, because the things I have believed in, over the years, concern the falsification of the autopsy, and matters pertaining to the true identity of Oswald.

I truly think the issue here is what's relevant, and what is not.

I think Mr. Farley ought to go back to his hypothesizing that Mary Bledsoe wasn't on the bus, when Oswald boarded--which seems to be the focus of his concept of "conspiracy"--and you, Mr. Burnham, ought to take the time to decide whether or not we went to the moon.

DSL

Edited by David Lifton

But you've already told us what you think of the moon landings. You're not sure. You haven't studied it enough yet, etc. Someone said you are a motorcycle officer. Suppose you stop someone for speeding, and the ticket is contested, and you find yourself in court, and your opponent raises this issue, and the judge asks you. . . Well, officer. . do you think we went to the moon, or not? Don't you think it will cause some raised eyebrows if you tell the court that you aren't sure? That you haven't "studied the matter enough" etc.?

As for the dentist's identity, these conversations happened 35 years ago--just before (or at the time of) the HSCA hearings. The source was a friend (from Dallas) who had the same dentist--i.e., Witt's dentist. I haven't seen her in over thirty years. Do you think I should have kept some sort of "forensic diary" at the time? So I would be able to produce the name of the dentist three decades hence, as "corroboration" for someone like yourself; when the man himself (i.e., Witt) was visited at his home by a congressional investigator (Moriarty), and then appeared as a sworn witness in a nationally televised congressional investigation. (Are you kidding??)

I think I've made my own position pretty clear on Witt. (And I've also told you that both Earl Golz and Penn Jones seemed, who actually confronted Witt, I'm told, where he worked, were satisfied that it was him).

Steve Witt and his umbrella represents a conspiracy hypothesis that's hard (for some) to give up. They're enamored of it. Like an old romance, it will never go away. I never had that problem, because the things I have believed in, over the years, concern the falsification of the autopsy, and matters pertaining to the true identity of Oswald.

I truly think the issue here is what's relevant, and what is not.

I think Mr. Farley ought to go back to his hypothesizing that Mary Bledsoe wasn't on the bus, when Oswald boarded--which seems to be the focus of his concept of "conspiracy"--and you, Mr. Burnham, ought to take the time to decide whether or not we went to the moon.

DSL

Great post!

:clapping

Edited by Thomas Graves

Post 515 translated means Lifton doesn't have the name today.

Right on, Jimbo! David either can't remember the name of the darn dentist after 35 years or can't find the piece of paper on which he may have written it (this now-crucial-to-some-people factoid of future forensic evidence) and/or doesn't want to bother the person he knew thirty-something years ago who had the same dentist as Witt in 1963. That is if that person is still alive. And can remember it. Or find their piece of paper.

--Tommy :ph34r:

Edited by Thomas Graves

First off, David Lifton:

If a cop ticketed a motorist for speeding, his belief regarding moon landings would not be questioned as it is wholly OFF TOPIC in a courtroom concerning a traffic offense just as it is off topic in this thread. I was obviously being facetious, but you must have known that.

Post 515 translated means Lifton doesn't have the name today.

Jim, I don't think it matters now whether or not he can name the dentist (in any case, his informant's name would have sufficed). It only mattered if Witt told his dentist PRIOR to his finding out that the HSCA was looking for him.

If he told his dentist after he found out he was wanted by the committee (as now seems to be the story) then I have two words for that "BIG" & "DEAL". If it is now a case of the dentist knowing post discovery of Witt then such a witness (assuming he even exists outside the fevered imagination of the man who brought us shooters from fake trees) is worse than useless.

But I suspect the time-frame for the dentist "knowing" was brought forward simply because I found Witt being quoted as saying he had no idea his actions had caused any controversy -- had not followed the assassination and did not know his identity was sought. Only one way to get around that is to have Witt telling his dentist around the time of the HSCA...

In short, the story is either bogus -- or alternatively, it means Jack S__t.

The question to be answered now is why people like Josiah Thomson and (even worse) Jefferson Morley bought into this useless and evidence free (alleged) hearsay.

Neither of them should need an excuse to NOT buy into any TUM theory, so I am at a loss to understand such grasping at any old straw from two who would have apoplexy as such easy acceptance of other (ultimately useless) "evidence".

Forget about Lifton. I now want some answers from his buyers of this crapola.

And let us not forget Arizona.

Jimbo,

Heck no, I ain't gonna forget 'bout Arizonie. They sez there's still a lot o' gold to-be-found 'round the Rich Hill/Antelope Crick area. Corse them Keating Fives probably done highgraded it by now...

--Tommy :)

Edited by Thomas Graves

Guest Robert Morrow

Jack White thinks we never landed on the moon. He is wrong about that.

Jack White thinks that a high level domestic conspiracy, with LBJ part of it, murdered JFK. He is right about that.

In fact, I would think that Jack White's view of the JFK assassination would be quite close to David Lifton's. Not exact, but pretty close.

Just because someone believes something fruity, fringe and woefully wrong on one topic, does not mean they can not be right as rain on another topic.

Another example would be the loud mouthed, buffoon TV commentator Chris Matthews who advances the laughable, fruity fringe "lone nutter" view of the JFK assassination. The Establishment sucks on that one like a kid on a blinky. Just because this egotistical, willfully self-ignorant moron is wrong about the 1963 Coup d'Etat, does not mean that he is also wrong about 9/11 not being an inside job.

9/11 clearly was not an "inside job."

Edited by Robert Morrow

Jack White thinks we never landed on the moon. He is wrong about that. [snip]

I don't know if Jack is right or wrong about that and neither do you, Robert. How much research have you conducted on that subject? The same amount as has David Lifton, which is ZERO? Neither of you have a clue as to the facts and evidence surrounding the subject because you haven't studied it at all. If David has conducted actual research on the subject he is keeping it a SECRET. So, I assume he hasn't done squat. You and he simply buy the official account because the alternative is too much for you to imagine. You are behaving about that subject in the same way that many American's behave regarding the official version of the JFK assassination: they buy it blindly because the alternative--a massive conspiracy removed not only the 35th president from office, but it also removed the Executive Branch of our government--is simply too much to bear.

Aren't you the same guy who insists that the Zapruder film is authentic? But, upon what research do you base this opinion, Robert? You haven't even looked at the evidence supporting alteration. By your own admission you haven't even read any of the books that have been scholarly written about the subject, yet you insist that the authors of such works are wrong, such as, Jack White, Jim Fetzer, Noel Twyman, Doug Horne, David Mantik, David Healey, and yes, even David Lifton, to name but a few. Each of these researchers has offered various proofs for their position favoring alteration. Perhaps they are wrong, but you have not even read their work! Your opinion is self-serving nonsense in this instance. You don't know and you can't support your arbitrary conclusion with facts because you have not done the work.

There are those on this forum with whom I disagree about Z-film alteration. There are others with whom I disagree about their CERTAINTY regarding the moon landings. But at least some of them have bothered to do their homework and studied the subject. Many haven't even done that prior to having reached a conclusion. You are definitely in the last group.

Even though I don't always agree with I Jim DiEugenio, I do resoect his position on Z-film alteration. He is agnostic about it because he admits that he doesn't know having not done the research on the subject. That is honest and what he chooses to study is his prerogative.

But for you or anyone to proclaim that you are certain that a qualified researcher is mistaken WHEN YOU HAVEN"T DONE ANY WORK TO OFFER EVIDENCE IN SUPPORT OF YOUR CLAIM is quite pathetic.

[snip] 9/11 clearly was not an "inside job."

And then you do it again... I am not claiming to know the truth about 9/11. But, you offer nothing in rebuttal to the evidence provided by dozens of EXPERTS on the subject! Why not just remain agnostic if you are unwilling to study the evidence?

Guest Robert Morrow

Monk,

I have lived 47+ years of life and based on that, my interactions with thousands of Americans and consuming vast quantities of America media, I conclude that the United States space program did indeed put a man on the moon. The odds against my being wrong on this, I estimate at 100,000,000 to one.

If you want to confer with a congregation of quacks and come out with the possibility of no man on the moon, at say, 50%, you are welcome to. Or to you can say you just do not have a clue, then go ahead (re: a moon landing).

As for Zapruder Film alteration, there is a minority of credible JFK researchers who think it was altered/fabricated etc. The is a majority of credible JFK researchers who think it was not altered. #1 among these is the world's expert in the film and photography of the JFK assassination - a man named Robert Groden. I put a lot of stock in Robert Groden, a regular presenter at COPA, and a man who has been involved in JFK film/photo work for 40 years.

In a coup d'etat situation, it is very possible that the murderers/ cover up artists of the JFK murder would alter the Zapruder Film. They destroyed or created *evidence* in other areas at will. Instead I think they chose to suppress the Zapruder film. I just use my common sense that if they really wanted to alter it they would have taken out the back head snap, something millions of Americans see as proof positive of a lying government and a coup d'etat.

Z-film alteration is a theory that is so weak, I just have trouble wasting my time *learning* about about the fantasies of the Z-film alterationists. It is like staring at your belly button, if you do it too much you will start hallucinating, seeing stars and fairies. Ditto Z-film alteration.

However the odds of Z-film alteration are far higher than the "no man on the moon" canard.

Over.

Monk,

I have lived 47+ years of life and based on that, my interactions with thousands of Americans and consuming vast quantities of America media, I conclude that the United States space program did indeed put a man on the moon. The odds against my being wrong on this, I estimate at 100,000,000 to one.

If you want to confer with a congregation of quacks and come out with the possibility of no man on the moon, at say, 50%, you are welcome to. Or to you can say you just do not have a clue, then go ahead (re: a moon landing).

As for Zapruder Film alteration, there is a minority of credible JFK researchers who think it was altered/fabricated etc. The is a majority of credible JFK researchers who think it was not altered. #1 among these is the world's expert in the film and photography of the JFK assassination - a man named Robert Groden. I put a lot of stock in Robert Groden, a regular presenter at COPA, and a man who has been involved in JFK film/photo work for 40 years.

In a coup d'etat situation, it is very possible that the murderers/ cover up artists of the JFK murder would alter the Zapruder Film. They destroyed or created *evidence* in other areas at will. Instead I think they chose to suppress the Zapruder film. I just use my common sense that if they really wanted to alter it they would have taken out the back head snap, something millions of Americans see as proof positive of a lying government and a coup d'etat.

Z-film alteration is a theory that is so weak, I just have trouble wasting my time *learning* about about the fantasies of the Z-film alterationists. It is like staring at your belly button, if you do it too much you will start hallucinating, seeing stars and fairies. Ditto Z-film alteration.

However the odds of Z-film alteration are far higher than the "no man on the moon" canard.

Over.

Fair enough, in a sense. I've known Jack for almost 2 decades. Sometimes he has made hasty claims based on a snap judgment, but that has been extremely rare. However, the amount of work he has done to offer evidence in support of his conclusions is many times quite impressive. He is not always 100% correct. None of us are. But until I can rebut anyone's claims successfully, I think the better part of discretion, for me, is to suspend judgment until I can. But, to each his own.

I suppose I don't have a right to expect you not to express your beliefs. I just wish you'd offer "why" you don't think Jack's correct, instead of making pontifications. But, like I said, to each his own.

Out.

Mr. Farley,

I do beg your indulgence, but this is my attempt to explain the problem of ascertaining the name of Mr. Witt’s dentist.

Since you were about 5 years old when Steve Witt testified, I’ll bet that today, in your late thirties, you would have no problem remembering the name of your own dentist (or ascertaining that dentist's identity, from a member of your family).

But the problem (in the comparable situation with Steve Witt, and the woman I knew around 1978, who had the same dentist as Witt, and from whom I heard Witt's story, "from the dentist's chair," so to speak) is that, if you were in my situation, you'd not be looking for your own dentist or that of a friend's dentist, but the person who was the dentist of a friend of that friend.

Ah yes, I'm so sorry, but life is replete with these irritating complexities.

Now just consider. . . suppose you knew a young maiden, back when you were five years old (let’s call her Adelaide), and Adelaide had a friend named Peggy Sue. . and so now in 2011, you want the name of Peggy Sue’s dentist from some 33 years ago.

So, you telephone Adelaide, and so begins that your process of inquiry.

Let’s imagine how that might go, shall we?

Adelaide comes to the phone, and we proceed from there.

Adelaide speaking. . .:

“Lee Farley! How good to hear from you. . My gosh. . we haven’t been in touch since 1978, remember, when we were five years old, and played I the same sandbox. Why, how are you Lee. . I just remember those days like yesterday. . So tell me, Lee, why are you calling?

And then you say, “Well, Adelaide, I’m calling because I’d like the phone number of our mutual friend Peggy Sue. . . remember Peggy Sue?. . Who played with us in the sandbox? And even sometimes went on that sliding pond? Remember Peggy Sue?"

And Adelaide replies. .

“Why Lee, that’s wonderful. . Of course I remember Peggy-Sue, and I just happen to know where Peggy is living. . in fact, she married a lawyer, and today they have twins, and they live in New Zealand. . in Christchurch. . . and I just happen to have her telephone number. .

And you say, “Oh Adelaide. . I’m so happy that you remember Peggy Sue, from our days in the sandbox. . I’ll call you back later so we can catch up . . meanwhile please do give me her phone number, for I’ve got to call Peggy Sue now.

And she says, “Well sure, Lee, but, if you don’t mind my asking. . why do you have to call Peggy Sue? You sound so concerned!”

“Well, I need to know the name of Peggy Sue’s dentist. . “

“Her dentist?“

“Yes, her dentist. . “

“Peggy Sue’s dentist?”

“Yes, Peggy Sue’s dentist.

"From back then?"

"Yes."

“Now why do you need her dentist’s name, Lee? I mean, its 2011. . “

“Adelaide, I just can’t talk about it just now. But I promise to call you back when I have time. . “

“Oh sure, Lee. I understand. Well, you do know, Peggy Sue and I had the same dentist. . . . Our mother’s were good friends, and so they took us both to the same dentist.”

“Oh really!? Well, then that is different. Well then, may please then ask you that queston? Can I get the name of the dentist from you, please?

“You mean the name of my dentist?

“Yes. Your dentist.

“Here in Liverpool?”

“Yes.”

“Back in 1978, when I was 5 years old?”

“Yes.”

“Lee, what is this all about? That was 33 years ago. . I don’t remember his name. . He was just was a dentist. . and I remember he walked around with an umbrella all the time. . you know, it rained a lot here in Liverpool.”

And so now you finally get off the phone. . and then you call your old friend, Peggy Sue, now in New Zealand. . Checking the time zones, of course, to make sure you don’t wake her up, because you are such a considerate fellow. . .

“Hello, Peggy? Its Lee Farley, and I’m calling you from Liverpool. .

"Lee!. . Lee Farley!! . .who used to scream and yell in the sandbox. . and throw sand in everyone’s face. . . So nice to hear from you!

“You remember me?

“Sure, I remember you. How could anyone forget? Remember. . you said that when you grew up, you wanted to be Sherlock Holmes. How could anyone forget that? Well then, how are you Lee?"

“Oh, I’m just fine. .

“Why are you calling? What I can do for you?"

“Well, actually, I’m calling to find the name of your dentist. .

“My dentist. . here in Christchurch?

“No . . your dentist back in Liverpool, back around 1978.

“But Lee, I was five years old then. . .

“ Yes, I know. But that’s what I need. I need his name.

“Really, Lee. You want the name of my dentist, in Liverpool, from 33 years ago?

“Yes, that’s what I want. If you remember his name.

“I really don’t remember, Lee. . I just don’t remember his name. Is this some type of criminal investigation? Will I be accused of something, if I can’t produce the name?

“ Try, Peggy Sue. . please. .. can’t you remember anything about him?

“Well, I do remember he walked around with, uh, . .

“With an umbrella?

“Yes, that’s right. With an umbrella. . How’d you know that?

“It’s a long story. . Well, Peggy Sue. .thanks a lot. We’ll talk some more, some day soon. OK?

END OF CONVERSATION

Well, Mr. Farley. . I think you get the idea.

No, I'm so sorry, but I cannot at this time locate the “friend of a friend” –from some 33 years ago—and find out the name of that person’s dentist (but rest assured that she did exist, and she did have the same dentist as Steve Witt. Because that’s what she personally told me.) And no, I did not keep records of those conversations, and so today, in 2011, I do not know who was the dentist of a friend of a friend some 33 years ago.

In lieu of that, please do go on and believe whatever it is you wish. I realize that perhaps this will open the floodgates of suspicion, but there's nothing that can be done about that. In fact, based on you past postings on this Forum, its clear that there's any number of people you proudly assert are (or were) liars, so if that's your appraisal of Witt, then so be it.

In fact, on your next trip to Dallas (I think you said you married a Texan) I do think you should pursue this matter, if you wish, and avail yourself of the opportunity of calling up Mr. Steve Witt himself, or his wife, or friends of his family, and conducting your own investigation and attempt to resolve this matter.

You should assure him that you’re not trying to harass him, or anything of the sort; that you just don’t believe his sworn, nationally televised testimony from 1978 , and that you think he’s a xxxx, at least on some crucial points. If he asks why, you can perhaps tell him you're really not singling him out; and that he shouldn’t take offense, that you are a Kennedy assassination researcher, and that you think that a number of people connected with the Warren commission investigation were liars and that you feel so strongly on the subject that you do in fact go around saying that publicly, on the Internet.

Anyway, after you make these inquiries, perhaps you can return, and share with us your, er, findings.

Undoubtedly, they will be of the highest relevance; and I’m sure there are those who await such inquiries of yours with baited breath.

Inquiring minds want to know.

At the risk of sounding like the late Edward R. Murrow, "Good night, and good luck."

DSL

12/12/11 3 AM

Los Angeles, California

Edited by David Lifton