The Education Forum

JFK murdered by Foreign Intelligence Operations in the USA

Jim Phelps

Gen. Edwin Walker is certainly a fine candidate to have been involved in the JFK assassination. He certainly had a long history of hate of and opposition to the Kennedys. Being relieved of his military duties. Mississippi. RFK sending him to the funny farm.

And Walker was close to H.L. Hunt who I fully believe was involved in the JFK assassination.

But Walker contacting the HSCA over the bullet in evidence not being the one shot at him, makes me wonder if a conspirator would rock the boat like that.

Call Edwin Walker a "person of interest" in the JFK assassination, but I am not ready to make the arrest yet. I have no doubt that he knew Kennedy's murderers well.

And, no, foreign interest and foreign intelligence were not involved in the JFK assassination. Lyndon Johnson told Madeleine Brown that Texas oil men and the CIA killed JFK and I think he only left himself out of the complete picture.

I'm glad we can meet halfway on this, Robert. I'm also hesitant to propose an international plot - but that doesn't rule out international involvement at some level. I refer here to the neo-Nazi movement, which is not limited to one particular nation.

For example, notice the anti-semitism that General Walker showed in his interview. Also, the newspaper that he communicated with in Germany on the night after JFK's assassination was an openly neo-Nazi newspaper. Growing up in Southern California, I was surprised at how many anti-semitic newspapers still circulated there, even in the early 1970's. So, anti-semitism (neo-Nazi) sentiment still believed it had a chance at political power in the 1960's.

It seems to me that General Walker went over the deep end after his experiences in World War Two, and his tour of duty in Germany after the war. He seems to have made some ultra-right-wing contacts. Now - this doesn't mean they controlled him. Far from it. But he liked being the leader, and he grew up with a certain kind of folk, and he was used to leading that kind of folk. The USA demographic was changing fast after the war, but Germany was still old-fashioned, one might say. So yes, even though the new-rich among Texas oil-men were feeling their collective oats and reaching out for global political power, while the Germans were still bandaging their wounds from World War Two, the neo-Nazi connection appears to be live and well - even in Texas.

General Walker was an extreme right-winger. This was not an act. He was an American patriot and a great US General in World War Two, but he turned, at some point, and became so extremely right-wing that he clashed with Eisenhower, and then he crashed with Kennedy.

I think we tend to underestimate his influence in the South in 1963, because Texas oil has greater power today than it had in the 1960's, but General Walker is almost forgotten.

In an amusing anecdote - General Walker led the Texas right-wing campaign to Impeach Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren, and also against the United Nations. He called his opponents communists, of course, but also 'Antichrists', which was a euphemism in his anti-semitism. This made him no friends in high places, as you can imagine. But General Walker was stuck in the 1920's, one might say (when people fondly remembered that President Wilson advocated the KKK, and was nominated for the US Presidency largely because he successfully opposed the racial integration of Princeton University). I think General Walker really wanted to be President - of a different America than the one we saw in the 1960's.

Anyway - back to the anecdote. RFK defended his psychiatric detention of General Walker in 1962 based on a United Press article that claimed that General Walker had incited the anti-integration riot at Mississippi University. General Walker sued UP and won several million dollars in damages. But UP took the case to the Supreme Court, and it came to the desk of Earl Warren! Earl Warren upheld UP's appeal and denied Walker one penny of that money.

Best regards...

Edited by Paul Trejo

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ran across this piece that speaks to Harry Dean in California, that perhaps adds some more insights.

http://coverthistory.blogspot.com/2006/02/harry-dean-wade-rhodes-posted-this-on.html

The DACA operated in Mexico as well as the U.S.. According to Dean,, World War II hero Guy (Gabby) Gabaldon was the Mexican Director, while Ray Fleishman of Whittier was the U.S. Director. Another active member of DACA and the Covina JBS, who had a close relationship with Gabaldon, was Dave Robbins, who at the time ('62-63) was a high ranking employee of the Fluor Corporation. (J. Robert Fluor and John Rousselot had been known to be close political allies). In a number of different circumstances, Dean was able to determine that Gabaldon, Robbins, Flieshman, and Rousselot had been involved in planning the aborted assassination attempt of JFK in Mexico City, June 1962. Harry Dean had many occasions to observe and relate with much publicized Cuban-American Loran Eugene Hall - aka Lorenzon Pacillo - aka Skip Hall and Laurence Howard - aka Alonzo Escuirdo.

=========

Fluor is an interesting company, Swiss origin, then California, then Texas. Considered a large Govt. contractor that built for the Manhattan Project. Competes with KBR.

Here is a little more on what was happening behind the scenes on Edwin Walker's over the top problems with going against the president. It makes one wonder if the Kennedys wanted Walker to experience the ways of the old south with being accused of being mentally sick. Perhaps MLK taught JFK and RFK how the blacks were treated in the Southern US, and designed what was good for the Blacks in Slavery would be good for Walker to taste first hand.

=====

http://www.thefreemanonline.org/columns/the-therapeutic-state/the-shame-of-medicine-the-case-of-general-edwin-walker/

I summarized the evidence for my view that psychiatry is a threat to civil liberties, especially to the liberties of individuals stigmatized as “right-wingers,” illustrated by the famous case of Ezra Pound, who was locked up for 13 years while the government ostensibly waited for his “doctors” to restore his competence to stand trial. Now the Kennedys and their psychiatrists were in the process of doing the same thing to Walker.

Instead, I proposed that they “nominate” a prominent Dallas university psychiatrist as their defense expert–that is, a local, publicly employed physician who could ill afford to declare Walker insane on the basis of his “racist” views. (Before the Civil War, proslavery physicians in the South diagnosed black slaves who tried to escape to the North as mentally ill, “suffering from drapetomania.” In the Walker case, pro-integration psychiatrists in the North diagnosed white segregationists as mentally ill, “suffering from racism.”) Next morning I flew back to Syracuse.

=====

Gen. Edwin Walker is certainly a fine candidate to have been involved in the JFK assassination. He certainly had a long history of hate of and opposition to the Kennedys. Being relieved of his military duties. Mississippi. RFK sending him to the funny farm.

And Walker was close to H.L. Hunt who I fully believe was involved in the JFK assassination.

But Walker contacting the HSCA over the bullet in evidence not being the one shot at him, makes me wonder if a conspirator would rock the boat like that.

Call Edwin Walker a "person of interest" in the JFK assassination, but I am not ready to make the arrest yet. I have no doubt that he knew Kennedy's murderers well.

And, no, foreign interest and foreign intelligence were not involved in the JFK assassination. Lyndon Johnson told Madeleine Brown that Texas oil men and the CIA killed JFK and I think he only left himself out of the complete picture.

=====

Hello Robert,

I do think seeing the Cronkite video of LBJ talking about a "Murder, Inc." in the Carrinean trumps your Madeline Brown card. If one reads the Harry Dean information and considered that LBJ was part of the frame up when shots came from the Dal-Tex Building and this ultimatum hit LBJ that he had to play the LHO Russian Lone-Nut card or else threat from Dallas.

Look up Schlumber and its forming in the Nethlands Antilles islands of the Carribean and all the big oil games there. Find John DeMenil or Schlumber is also the board of the new IG Farben. Then meddle in Cuba to oust Batista and start a huge mess.

I do think General Walker was very anti-Semitic oriented, as was HL Hunt. They were both into Germany and sympathetic. Walker had to know the IG Farben story, as Eisenhower ran the Allied Commend HQ from the IG Farben HQ in Germany. Rockefeller taught the Germans the business methods that made IG Farben. Anyone with half a mind would take note in Germany that Netherland's Bernhard had refabricated IG Farben at Victor Rothschilds asking. There is about zero doubt the 8F gang would become peas in a pod with Bernhard's corporation plans.

The presence of Edwin Walker, of the German US command, in the JFK hit planning, and he allied with JBS and HL Hunt speaks too the inner circle for the US planning to kill JFK. Walker had to know of the Gehlen Organization and the issues of them being against Communism of Russia.

Most of the US Germans of Hitler's old IG Farben would jump onto the new IG Farben bandwagon and everyone from Von Braun to Dohrnberger jumped on the bandwagon and all profitted highly. The new IG Farben was running wild in the US killing domestic interests the CIA was prevented from touching.

...But Walker contacting the HSCA over the bullet in evidence not being the one shot at him, makes me wonder if a conspirator would rock the boat like that....

It's a good question, Robert, and I'd like to see if I can make some progress with an alternative. I know the arguments claiming that Oswald never shot at Walker. One of those arguments came from Walker himself, in his Warren Commission testimony. Here's the well-known quote, so often taken out of context:

-------- START WARREN COMMISSION TESTIMONY VOLUME 11 PAGE 426 ----

Mr. LIEBELER. That is when you gave him this information about Oswald having attacked you?

General WALKER. I didn't give him all the information--I think the portion you are referring to, I didn't give him, because I had no way of knowing that Oswald attacked me. I still don't. And I am not very prone to say in fact he did. In fact, I have always claimed he did not, until we can get into the case or somebody tells us differently that he did.

-------- END WARREN COMMISSION TESTIMONY VOLUME 11 PAGE 426 ----

If we add this testimony to Walker's complaint to the HSCA that they had the wrong bullet, it might sound convincing that Walker disbelieved Oswald shot at him.

My response is: (1) that Walker deliberately lied to the Warren Commission; and (2) that his complaint to the HSCA was intended to show that Oswald had other weapons at his disposal.

I will begin with (1). The context of the Warren Commission testimony is attorney Liebeler asking Walker to divulge the date when Walker told the German newsman, Hasso Thorsten, that Oswald was the April shooter. Liebeler had solid evidence that Walker told this to Thorston on 11/23/1963, the day after JFK was killed. The evidence was material - the Deutsche Nationalzeitung dated 11/29/1963, a newspaper in Munich, Germany.

Now, Walker was not on trial - but if suspects were truly pursued, Liebeler would have had Walker cornered. Believing that Oswald really was the April shooter, Liebeler was puzzled that Walker knew about it on 11/23/1963, weeks before the Warren Commission and the FBI found out from Marina. But Walker would not give up his information.

What other evidence do we have? The Briscoe Center for American History has recently General Edwin A. Walker's archives available to the public. I will type in snippets from documents typed and signed by Walker himself. The documents are not dated, but seem to be accompanied by a release bulletin of April 15, 1989.

------ BEGIN SNIPPET #1 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

THE DECEMBER COVER-UP: Reference the Secret Service Letter, Dallas, addressed to the Chief of Police, Jesse Curry, Dallas, a cross town letter initiated on December 2nd and dated December 26, 1963, one day after Christmas...In the censorship of the April crime the public would not know that the first official recognition and acknowledgment that Oswald was the April assassin was in April, not December, and not by the Secret Service or Marina. Tantamount to the Kennedy secret protection and release of Oswald from Dallas Police custody in April was the necessity to know his name, Lee Harvey Oswald, his custody as the prime suspect and his guilt.

------ END SNIPPET #1 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

The so-called December Cover-up letter was allegedly an order to Jesse Curry to deny that he had Oswald in custody on April 10, 1963, and that RFK via the Secret Service demanded Oswald's relese in April, 1963. Walker really believed this happened. He repeats it several times in his writings, and he calls it 'the April Crime'. He will later criticize Jesse Curry for hiding evidence that he knew to be true, in order to please the Secret Service. Here is another snippet showing this:

------ BEGIN SNIPPET #2 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

DEALEY PLAZA DALLAS - APRIL TO NOVEMBER: ...As the prime suspect in Dallas Police custody by midnight, following an "Attempted Assassination" at 9pm, April 10th, 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald was released from custody on Kennedy orders. In the Kennedy secrecy and urgency to protect Oswald from prosecution and in the intent to protect Jack Rubenstein (Ruby), George de Mohrenschildt and Marina, the release was accomplished before working hours on April 11th 1963...In their relief of Dallas Police responsibility for the April Crime in their protection of Oswald, the Kennedys had relieved all Official Agencies of responsibility for him...In the protection of a fugitive from justice there could be no doubt of a mockery of it and their participation of it. Who would, could, should or dared, to have any knowledge or pass any information regarding him, "A Ward of the Kennedy State"? ...Certainly seven months were adequate to confirm the stigma and intimindation of such a censorship and for Oswald to become the knowing-willing instrument, in the only means to break the bondage of his Kennedy protection, with its protectors...

------ END SNIPPET #2 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

That is a very clear accusation of Oswald as the April shooter, of Jesse Curry as covering it up, and of the Kennedy's as controlling the entire matter. It is also interesting that the name of George de Mohrenschildt was named in this regard, without further details.

I find these snippets, and others like them, to be of enormous interest in the research of the JFK assassination. As for their late date, we have others that are of earlier dates - but none as early as the statment he made to Hasso Thorston on or about 11/23/1963.

Now, once we concede that Walker believed that Oswald was his April shooter, we must doubt his sworn testimony before attorney Liebeler. After all, this was Chief Justice Earl Warren's Commission, and Walker spent many years convincing thousands of people that Earl Warren deserved impeachment and did not hold legitimate authority.

Also, once we concede that Walker believed that Oswald was his April shooter, we must find some other explanation for (2), for his complaint to the HSCA that they had the wrong bullet. It was not to exonerate Oswald - clearly. Walker held Oswald guilty of the 'April Crime,' so the bullets that he found (which had steel jackets) which differed from the HSCA bullets (which had copper jackets) could only prove that Oswald had access to other weapons. From whom? Walker's implication is clear from these snippets -- from RFK himself.

So - we seem to be faced with a choice: (i) either Walker made up the story that Oswald was the April shooter, and asked J. Edgar Hoover and his men to give Marina photographs of Walker's house, and force her to repeat Walker's story; or (ii) Oswald really was the shooter, and Walker found out from underground sources that he would never divulge.

I am convinced of the latter choice. Finally, in my current theory, I believe George de Mohrenschildt was indirectly the source of Walker's information. The Warren Commission demonstrated clearly that George de Mohrenschildt found out about Oswald's shooting at Walker on Easter Sunday, 1963 -- four days after the shooting. I have little doubt that George de Mohrenschildt told someone about it (probably someone in the CIA), and that person told General Walker the same day. George de Mohrenschildt fled to Haiti that very week, earning General Walker's contempt.

That's my evidence, Robert. I look forward to your feedback, in case I may have missed something.

Edited by Paul Trejo

...But Walker contacting the HSCA over the bullet in evidence not being the one shot at him, makes me wonder if a conspirator would rock the boat like that....

It's a good question, Robert, and I'd like to see if I can make some progress with an alternative. I know the arguments claiming that Oswald never shot at Walker. One of those arguments came from Walker himself, in his Warren Commission testimony. Here's the well-known quote, so often taken out of context:

-------- START WARREN COMMISSION TESTIMONY VOLUME 11 PAGE 426 ----

Mr. LIEBELER. That is when you gave him this information about Oswald having attacked you?

General WALKER. I didn't give him all the information--I think the portion you are referring to, I didn't give him, because I had no way of knowing that Oswald attacked me. I still don't. And I am not very prone to say in fact he did. In fact, I have always claimed he did not, until we can get into the case or somebody tells us differently that he did.

-------- END WARREN COMMISSION TESTIMONY VOLUME 11 PAGE 426 ----

If we add this testimony to Walker's complaint to the HSCA that they had the wrong bullet, it might sound convincing that Walker disbelieved Oswald shot at him.

My response is: (1) that Walker deliberately lied to the Warren Commission; and (2) that his complaint to the HSCA was intended to show that Oswald had other weapons at his disposal.

I will begin with (1). The context of the Warren Commission testimony is attorney Liebeler asking Walker to divulge the date when Walker told the German newsman, Hasso Thorsten, that Oswald was the April shooter. Liebeler had solid evidence that Walker told this to Thorston on 11/23/1963, the day after JFK was killed. The evidence was material - the Deutsche Nationalzeitung dated 11/29/1963, a newspaper in Munich, Germany.

Now, Walker was not on trial - but if suspects were truly pursued, Liebeler would have had Walker cornered. Believing that Oswald really was the April shooter, Liebeler was puzzled that Walker knew about it on 11/23/1963, weeks before the Warren Commission and the FBI found out from Marina. But Walker would not give up his information.

What other evidence do we have? The Briscoe Center for American History has recently General Edwin A. Walker's archives available to the public. I will type in snippets from documents typed and signed by Walker himself. The documents are not dated, but seem to be accompanied by a release bulletin of April 15, 1989.

------ BEGIN SNIPPET #1 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

THE DECEMBER COVER-UP: Reference the Secret Service Letter, Dallas, addressed to the Chief of Police, Jesse Curry, Dallas, a cross town letter initiated on December 2nd and dated December 26, 1963, one day after Christmas...In the censorship of the April crime the public would not know that the first official recognition and acknowledgment that Oswald was the April assassin was in April, not December, and not by the Secret Service or Marina. Tantamount to the Kennedy secret protection and release of Oswald from Dallas Police custody in April was the necessity to know his name, Lee Harvey Oswald, his custody as the prime suspect and his guilt.

------ END SNIPPET #1 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

The so-called December Cover-up letter was allegedly an order to Jesse Curry to deny that he had Oswald in custody on April 10, 1963, and that RFK via the Secret Service demanded Oswald's relese in April, 1963. Walker really believed this happened. He repeats it several times in his writings, and he calls it 'the April Crime'. He will later criticize Jesse Curry for hiding evidence that he knew to be true, in order to please the Secret Service. Here is another snippet showing this:

------ BEGIN SNIPPET #2 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

DEALEY PLAZA DALLAS - APRIL TO NOVEMBER: ...As the prime suspect in Dallas Police custody by midnight, following an "Attempted Assassination" at 9pm, April 10th, 1963, Lee Harvey Oswald was released from custody on Kennedy orders. In the Kennedy secrecy and urgency to protect Oswald from prosecution and in the intent to protect Jack Rubenstein (Ruby), George de Mohrenschildt and Marina, the release was accomplished before working hours on April 11th 1963...In their relief of Dallas Police responsibility for the April Crime in their protection of Oswald, the Kennedys had relieved all Official Agencies of responsibility for him...In the protection of a fugitive from justice there could be no doubt of a mockery of it and their participation of it. Who would, could, should or dared, to have any knowledge or pass any information regarding him, "A Ward of the Kennedy State"? ...Certainly seven months were adequate to confirm the stigma and intimindation of such a censorship and for Oswald to become the knowing-willing instrument, in the only means to break the bondage of his Kennedy protection, with its protectors...

------ END SNIPPET #2 BY EDWIN A. WALKER -------

That is a very clear accusation of Oswald as the April shooter, of Jesse Curry as covering it up, and of the Kennedy's as controlling the entire matter. It is also interesting that the name of George de Mohrenschildt was named in this regard, without further details.

I find these snippets, and others like them, to be of enormous interest in the research of the JFK assassination. As for their late date, we have others that are of earlier dates - but none as early as the statment he made to Hasso Thorston on or about 11/23/1963.

Now, once we concede that Walker believed that Oswald was his April shooter, we must doubt his sworn testimony before attorney Liebeler. After all, this was Chief Justice Earl Warren's Commission, and Walker spent many years convincing thousands of people that Earl Warren deserved impeachment and did not hold legitimate authority.

Also, once we concede that Walker believed that Oswald was his April shooter, we must find some other explanation for (2), for his complaint to the HSCA that they had the wrong bullet. It was not to exonerate Oswald - clearly. Walker held Oswald guilty of the 'April Crime,' so the bullets that he found (which had steel jackets) which differed from the HSCA bullets (which had copper jackets) could only prove that Oswald had access to other weapons. From whom? Walker's implication is clear from these snippets -- from RFK himself.

So - we seem to be faced with a choice: (i) either Walker made up the story that Oswald was the April shooter, and asked J. Edgar Hoover and his men to give Marina photographs of Walker's house, and force her to repeat Walker's story; or (ii) Oswald really was the shooter, and Walker found out from underground sources that he would never divulge.

I am convinced of the latter choice. Finally, in my current theory, I believe George de Mohrenschildt was indirectly the source of Walker's information. The Warren Commission demonstrated clearly that George de Mohrenschildt found out about Oswald's shooting at Walker on Easter Sunday, 1963 -- four days after the shooting. I have little doubt that George de Mohrenschildt told someone about it (probably someone in the CIA), and that person told General Walker the same day. George de Mohrenschildt fled to Haiti that very week, earning General Walker's contempt.

That's my evidence, Robert. I look forward to your feedback, in case I may have missed something.

=======

Most interesting, but there are other scinerios. Most valuable insights.

If they detected LHO was a big leaker, they might want to set LHO up for shooting at Gen. W. After all there were two men and two cars spotted around Gen. Walker's house, so it was bigger than LHO alone.

It took some kind of very high level pull to get RFK to spring LHO for April 63.

If RFK springing LHO in 63 came to light, so might other issues like spying on these Dallas types.

Perhaps when de Mohrenschildt saw this pull that LHO had, that mean't he was found out too.

When the Attorney General of the US spings the guy that is supposed to have taken a shot at Gen. Walker, there are warning flares going off in Dallas. That this happened might be why LHO was so brave as to stand around and be set up for the JFK hit.

With RFK active on the Gen Walker issues, that would mean all the first order kill JFK plans from Gen. Walker / JBS would have been sidetracked. What would pick up the effort after Walker?

It is also interesting that LHO and JFK are both reading up on James Bond and 007 games, which gets into the Boris Pash land.

I do not think Gen. Edwin Walker was involved in the JFK assassination because Walker wrote the HSCA and told them that the bullet that they had in evidence was NOT the one found in his house. Apparently, someone had swapped out bullets in an attempt to FRAME Oswald for the Walker shooting. You don't write the HSCA talking about the wrong bullet if you are in fact involved in the JFK assassination; you keep your mouth shut.

I have no doubt that Walker was professionally and socially acquainted with the killers of JFK, because I think his good friend HL Hunt was involved in the JFK assassination. And I am sure there were others that he knew...

Robert, I recently perused the General Edwin Walker archives through the Briscoe Center for American History at UT Austin, and found some good stuff about Walker and the Oswald incident. General Walker was convinced that Oswald tried to kill him - and he tried to publish this widely in several newspapers in the USA and in Germany. While it is true that General Walker told the HSCA that the bullet they had was NOT the one found in his house, this was meant to mock their sloppy work. General Walker personally LOVED the fact that Oswald tried to kill him, and failed, but was later successful in killing JFK. In his opinion - which is part of the latest news release he tried to publish - RFK knew all along that Oswald tried to kill General Walker, and the Dallas Police actually arrested Oswald, but RFK let Oswald go, presumably, wrote Walker, to try to kill Walker *again*. The fact that Oswald instead killed JFK (according to Walker) was ironic and poetic justice.

Also, you imply that General Walker was socially linked to main JFK plotters, and you cite his good friend HL Hunt. But I find it a bit more likely that HL Hunt was the one who was socially linked to the main JFK plotter - General Walker. HL Hunt could only provide the money. That was something that many, many people could do (and most readers here know the long list). But only a very few people could provide the ground-crew.

Best regards...

Robert, I'm pleased that even though we may disagree about sundry details about the conspiracy to assassinate JFK, we can proceed with open minds when new information is obtained. I think it's right that I should share some details that support my current opinion. Here goes.

As nearly everybody in this Forum knows, the Mary Ferrell Foundation web site is one of the most valuable and enduring sources of archives available to research the JFK assassination. I got the following article about General Edwin Walker from her web site (Re: FBI Files on Edwin Walker, 116-165494 File, Section 2).

---- START CITATION #1 FROM MARY FERRELL ----

On May 22, 1964, the FBI in Washington DC recorded a strange event that occurred in Munich, Germany on 11/23/1963, the day after JFK was killed. On the morning of 11/23/1963, Hasso Thorsten, reporter for the Deutsche Nationalzeitung und Soldztenzeistung (NZ) called Edwin Walker in his hotel room, seeking a story for its November 29, 1963 edition (No. 48, volumne XIII). The proposed story was to be, "The Strange Case of Oswald".

Here is a translation of the first paragraph of that story:

"The murderer of Kennedy made an attempt on General Walker's life early in the summer when General Walker was sitting in his study. The bullet missed Walker's head only by inches. Oswald was seized. The following investigation, as it was reported, was stopped through the influence of the US Attorney General, Robert Kennedy. If Oswald had been investigated, he eventually would have been imprisoned for many years, and so he would not have been in a position to commit the murder of the US President, Mr. John F. Kennedy."

---- END CITATION #1 FROM MARY FERRELL -----

Although these were the words in that German newspaper, I think General Walker himself sent them to the newspaper, because it is a prepared statement, and because the Briscoe Center archives on General Walker show that he sent this story to multiple papers in the USA over the decades. The Briscoe Center also has documents signed by Walker showing he sought to publish this same story as late as April 15, 1989 (just four years before his passing).

Following is another snippet from the Mary Ferrell web site. This is a transcript of a part of the actual telephone call between German reporter Hasso Thorston and General Edwin A. Walker on 11/23/1963. This conversation sounds contrived, i.e. it sounds scripted to me. Judge for yourself, and bear in mind that this conversation occurs only one day after JFK was assassinated.

---- START CITATION #2 FROM MARY FERRELL - WALKER INTERVIEW ON 11/23/1963 approx. 22:00 CST ----

HT: Hello. General Walker. It looks as though you are the man most in demand in America now.

EAW: Who is speaking? Are you calling from Louisiana or Dallas?

HT: This is Hasso Thorsten of the Deutsche National Zeitung - I am calling from Germany.

EAW: This is impossible...How did you find out? I left Dallas ten hours ago. Nobody knows...

HT: General, you are staying at the Hotel Captain Shreve in Shreveport Louisiana. Your room number is 701.

EAW: (laughing) Thorsten, it's [ten] o'clock, I am appearing on television in [nine] hours.

HT: I give you my word that there are no television cameras hidden in your room, General. You can talk to your friends in your pajamas.

EAW: You are the first, Thorsten, I mean it...but I must make sure. Give me your telephone number.

HT: (furnishes the direct telephone line connection Munich and Hamburg)

EAW: (Lauging) Okay! Let's have it.

HT: The news of Kennedy's death has barely jolted the world, when the usual choir started to tell them the slayer is an ultra-rightist.

EAW: The murderer was a well-known communist, one of the countless communits who have infiltrated our country.

HT: Unexpected? A bolt from the blue sky?

EAW: No. Kennedy's death did not come as a surprise, as is being claimed. Enough fuel has accumulated. It was only through the constant spreading of false reports that it had remained hidden.

HT: The assassin is said to belong to a pro-Castro organization, isn't that so?

EAW: Right! A trained Marxist.

HT: I am not unsympathetic, General, but this story of a US President coming out of the left and assassinated by the left appears, to a middle-of-the-road man like myself, to have quick a macabre twist.

EAW: Kennedy's death [came as no surprise].

HT: Are you going to say this on MEET THE PRESS tonight, General? Let us have, first of all, if you please, the official position you will take.

EAW: I repeat, you are the first to hear it. The President's tragic death urgently and forcibly brings home the point that the dangerous circumstances by which we are surrounded cannot be underestimated. MISTER Kennedy's death is not the great surprise which is now being depicted. The sympathy I experience for the Kennedy family is not less than the sympathy I experience for the million families who have given one or more victims to the cause of the struggle of freedom against communism. I grieve over the losses they have suffered. The sacrifice of this member of the Kennedy family is but one of the many sacrifices which are being made by everybody for freedom. During these very sad hours, [our need must] be the absolute need for strong unity, averting the divisive effect of reciprocal accusations which can only bring about more differences. We must stand together more than ever in our national devotion to [freedom] and human dignity.

HT: Dear General Walker, I thank you for those words. I thank you personally, regardless of their [obvious] worthiness.

EAW: It's all right...

<snip>

EAW: We have been taking about this Marxist assassin...this Oswald...Lee Oswald. I have just learned that John Abt from New York has offered to defend him in court.

HT: John Abt? Would you mind to spell it?

EAW: Attorney John A-B-T. From New York.

HT: This cannot be true. I had to make sure. Is it John Abt?

EAW: Right. Mr. Abt is an American Jew who defends all big communist cases.

HT: I will give our readers a short biography of Mr. Abt, General.

EAW: This is extremely interesting.

HT: How come you have one of them in your own 'Promised Land?'

EAW: (laughing) We'll keep in close touch, Thorsten. Give my regards to my German friends, especially Dr. Frey. One of the results will be that Germany and America will be able to become true partners. The relations between our two countries will develop on the basis of a real friendship among the people instead of being the result of a 'propaganda' friendship.

HT: Thank you, General Walker.

---- END CITATION #2 FROM MARY FERRELL - WALKER INTERVIEW 11/23/1963 approx. 22:00 CST ----

I have many problems with this so-called interview. It sounds scripted to me - as though Walker himself scripted most of it. Also, he refers to President Kennedy as MISTER Kennedy - which was also the term used in the Dallas Morning News full page Ad, charging JFK with communism.

The anti-semitism of the Interview is patent, and in the 1960's there were still plenty of anti-semites in the USA moving about in politics. Mary Ferrell's web site proposes that General Walker sought to use this interview to take suspicion away from the extreme right and place it on the communists. This was the plan all along among the Cuban Exiles, the rogue CIA agents, the Mafia and other criminals who planned the JFK hit -- it was calculated to stir public hatred of the communists in Cuba, to spark a full-scale invasion of Cuba, and finish what the Bay of Pigs failed to finish.

But why would General Walker show his hand so soon after the shooting? Oswald was still alive when General Walker concocted this interview. One day later, Oswald would be dead. At that point General Walker began to tell people that Oswald was his April 10th shooter. This is documented by the Briscoe Center, and by the Mary Ferrell Foundation.

I trust this is enough detail to substantiate my claims for now, Robert. As an aside to Jim Phelps -- this evidence presented by the Mary Ferrell Foundation and confirmed by the Briscoe Center clearly brings the German neo-Nazi movement onto the scene -- making an international connection.

Best regards...

Who is Walker's good friend Dr. Frey?

Okay, I'll answer my own question.

Or rather, John Simkin answers, with a tip of the hat, umbrella to Mae Brussell.

Walker's good friend is Dr. Gerald Frey, the editor of the paper and associated with Gehlen's operation that debriefed refugees, with whom he must have been in contact with previously.

Also, Schmidt and the guys who put together the full page ad were formerly soldiers under Walker in Germany who came to Dallas to take over some conservative organizations, which should be noted.

It's certainly interesting that they named the hotel near the "Eagle's Nest," where the attempted assassination and coup took place in 1944, after Gen. Walker, as Volkmar Schmidt knew some of those guys, and mentioned that assassination attempt to Oswald, in relation to Gen. Walker.

JFKcountercoup: Volkmar Schmidt Interview

Which begs the question of whether Dr. Frey know any of these guys?

BK

JFKcountercoup

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKbrussel.htm

(3) Mae Brussell, TheNazi Connection to the John F. Kennedy Assassination (November, 1983)

The Eagle's Nest, now a mountain restaurant, was given toAdolf Hitler by nazi aide Martin Bormann for the fuhrer's 50th birthday. It isnot far from Hitler's former summer home in Berchtesgaden.

Nearby is the Platterhof Hotel, built for guests when theycame to pay their respects. The Platterhof has changed its name to the General Walker Hotel.

November 23, 1963,one day after Kennedy's death, Gen. Edwin Walker called Munich, Germany, from Shreveport, La.

Walker'simportant story, via transatlantic telephone, was to the nazi newspaperDeutsche National Zeitung un Soldaten-Zeitung. Walkercouldn't wait to tell them in Munichthat Lee Harvey Oswald, the lone suspect in the Dallasmurders, was the same person who shot through his window in April, 1963.

There was never one shred of evidence, or a reliablewitness, that could make this connection Dallaspolice and FBI were taken by surprise.

In order to cover this over-exuberance of trying to link aMarxist assassin to this altercation, it became necessary to have Ruth Painedeliver that ridiculous letter to Marina Oswald on December 3, 1964. The delayed letter was to have beenwritten the night Lee was out shooting in Walker'shome.

The only piece of bullet that remained in custody was neverpositively identified as coming from the 6.5 Mannlicher Carcano, and there isno proof Oswald even handled this rifle.

Why was General Walker in such a hurry to get hisinformation printed in Germanybefore anybody in Dallas ever heardabout it?

Kurt-George Kiesinger had just been installed as Chancellorof West Germany and Franz-Josef Straus as finance minister.

Kissinger entered the radio propaganda division of NaziForeign Minister von Ribbentrop at age 36. He was then directing a world-wideradio propaganda apparatus with 195 specialists under his supervision duringthe war. He was the liaison officer, coordinating his department's work withthat of Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels.

Richard Nixon and Kurt-George Kiesinger were soon, or maybe before, to becomepals. Nixon tried to hide his nazi past.

But General Walker, now home from military service in Munich,knew the importance of such propaganda. He was calling the same people who,under Hitler, published and controlled the newspapers. There were two motivesfor this call. First, it gave international attention to the fact that Oswald,the Marxist gunman, was shooting at Walker as well as the President. GeneralWalker knew too many people in the Defense Department and in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that could be part of this assassination.He made himself appear as a victim instead of a suspect.

The other reason, along with the expertise of RobertMorris's counter-intelligence and psychological warfare training, was to createa profile for Lee Harvey Oswald.

No possible motive could explain why Oswald would reallywant to kill President Kennedy. By having Oswald appear to shoot the right-wingGeneral Walker with his John Birch connections, his militant anti-communiststance, then shoot John Kennedy, the same Commie-symp Walkerwas accusing of treason, it would appear that Oswald was just nuts. He didn'tknow right from left.

The Munichnewspaper Walker called was linkedto the World Movement for a Second Anti-Komintern, part of the Gehlen and U.S.right. Some of Hitler's ex-Nazis and SS-men were on the Staff. The editor,Gerhard Frey, was a close friend with various nazi members of the WitikoLeague. The Witiko League and the Sudetendeutch Landsmannscraft wereorganizations for displaced refugees. By the summer of 1948 they formed largeorganizations and by 1955 Dr. Walter Becher was elected to the executive boardof the Witiko League. Becher was one of the kingpins of nazi frontorganizations.

Sen. Joe McCarthy, Charles Willoughby, Gen. Edwin Walker,and Robert Morris' links to the German Nazis converged when Dr. Walter Becherset up offices in Washington, D.C.in 1950.

By July 16, 1957,Becher, praised by American Opinion and other extreme right publications,started his policy of liberation. General Douglas MacArthur, Senator JoeMcCarthy, General Willoughby,members of the U.S. Congress or public officials then started openly to meetwith and cooperate with the Nazi resurgence.

Dan Smooth, former Dallas FBI agent is the type of personwho kept strong Nazi ties with Dr. Becher in Munich,to Western Goals today. His printed sheets were identical to the Goebbelspropaganda years ago, or to Walker'sdisinformation one day after Kennedy was killed.

Volkmar Schmidt came from Munich, Germany, to work fulltime for General Walker. How long did he work, and where was he on November 23, 1963, when Walkermade the call to the same city the CUSA imports came from?

The YAF crowd in Dallaswas an interesting gang: Col. Charles Willoughby, intelligence Chief for S.Pacific, Robert Morris, U.S.counter-intelligence and psychological warfare, Gen Edwin Walker, brought homefrom Munich by JFK, WilliamBuckley, CIA in Japan,Mexico, andelsewhere, Sen. John Tower, who gave the okay for Marina Oswald.

I do not think Gen. Edwin Walker was involved in the JFK assassination because Walker wrote the HSCA and told them that the bullet that they had in evidence was NOT the one found in his house. Apparently, someone had swapped out bullets in an attempt to FRAME Oswald for the Walker shooting. You don't write the HSCA talking about the wrong bullet if you are in fact involved in the JFK assassination; you keep your mouth shut.

I have no doubt that Walker was professionally and socially acquainted with the killers of JFK, because I think his good friend HL Hunt was involved in the JFK assassination. And I am sure there were others that he knew...

Robert, I recently perused the General Edwin Walker archives through the Briscoe Center for American History at UT Austin, and found some good stuff about Walker and the Oswald incident. General Walker was convinced that Oswald tried to kill him - and he tried to publish this widely in several newspapers in the USA and in Germany. While it is true that General Walker told the HSCA that the bullet they had was NOT the one found in his house, this was meant to mock their sloppy work. General Walker personally LOVED the fact that Oswald tried to kill him, and failed, but was later successful in killing JFK. In his opinion - which is part of the latest news release he tried to publish - RFK knew all along that Oswald tried to kill General Walker, and the Dallas Police actually arrested Oswald, but RFK let Oswald go, presumably, wrote Walker, to try to kill Walker *again*. The fact that Oswald instead killed JFK (according to Walker) was ironic and poetic justice.

Also, you imply that General Walker was socially linked to main JFK plotters, and you cite his good friend HL Hunt. But I find it a bit more likely that HL Hunt was the one who was socially linked to the main JFK plotter - General Walker. HL Hunt could only provide the money. That was something that many, many people could do (and most readers here know the long list). But only a very few people could provide the ground-crew.

Best regards...

Robert, I'm pleased that even though we may disagree about sundry details about the conspiracy to assassinate JFK, we can proceed with open minds when new information is obtained. I think it's right that I should share some details that support my current opinion. Here goes.

As nearly everybody in this Forum knows, the Mary Ferrell Foundation web site is one of the most valuable and enduring sources of archives available to research the JFK assassination. I got the following article about General Edwin Walker from her web site (Re: FBI Files on Edwin Walker, 116-165494 File, Section 2).

---- START CITATION #1 FROM MARY FERRELL ----

On May 22, 1964, the FBI in Washington DC recorded a strange event that occurred in Munich, Germany on 11/23/1963, the day after JFK was killed. On the morning of 11/23/1963, Hasso Thorsten, reporter for the Deutsche Nationalzeitung und Soldztenzeistung (NZ) called Edwin Walker in his hotel room, seeking a story for its November 29, 1963 edition (No. 48, volumne XIII). The proposed story was to be, "The Strange Case of Oswald".

Here is a translation of the first paragraph of that story:

"The murderer of Kennedy made an attempt on General Walker's life early in the summer when General Walker was sitting in his study. The bullet missed Walker's head only by inches. Oswald was seized. The following investigation, as it was reported, was stopped through the influence of the US Attorney General, Robert Kennedy. If Oswald had been investigated, he eventually would have been imprisoned for many years, and so he would not have been in a position to commit the murder of the US President, Mr. John F. Kennedy."

---- END CITATION #1 FROM MARY FERRELL -----

Although these were the words in that German newspaper, I think General Walker himself sent them to the newspaper, because it is a prepared statement, and because the Briscoe Center archives on General Walker show that he sent this story to multiple papers in the USA over the decades. The Briscoe Center also has documents signed by Walker showing he sought to publish this same story as late as April 15, 1989 (just four years before his passing).

Following is another snippet from the Mary Ferrell web site. This is a transcript of a part of the actual telephone call between German reporter Hasso Thorston and General Edwin A. Walker on 11/23/1963. This conversation sounds contrived, i.e. it sounds scripted to me. Judge for yourself, and bear in mind that this conversation occurs only one day after JFK was assassinated.

---- START CITATION #2 FROM MARY FERRELL - WALKER INTERVIEW ON 11/23/1963 approx. 22:00 CST ----

HT: Hello. General Walker. It looks as though you are the man most in demand in America now.

EAW: Who is speaking? Are you calling from Louisiana or Dallas?

HT: This is Hasso Thorsten of the Deutsche National Zeitung - I am calling from Germany.

EAW: This is impossible...How did you find out? I left Dallas ten hours ago. Nobody knows...

HT: General, you are staying at the Hotel Captain Shreve in Shreveport Louisiana. Your room number is 701.

EAW: (laughing) Thorsten, it's [ten] o'clock, I am appearing on television in [nine] hours.

HT: I give you my word that there are no television cameras hidden in your room, General. You can talk to your friends in your pajamas.

EAW: You are the first, Thorsten, I mean it...but I must make sure. Give me your telephone number.

HT: (furnishes the direct telephone line connection Munich and Hamburg)

EAW: (Lauging) Okay! Let's have it.

HT: The news of Kennedy's death has barely jolted the world, when the usual choir started to tell them the slayer is an ultra-rightist.

EAW: The murderer was a well-known communist, one of the countless communits who have infiltrated our country.

HT: Unexpected? A bolt from the blue sky?

EAW: No. Kennedy's death did not come as a surprise, as is being claimed. Enough fuel has accumulated. It was only through the constant spreading of false reports that it had remained hidden.

HT: The assassin is said to belong to a pro-Castro organization, isn't that so?

EAW: Right! A trained Marxist.

HT: I am not unsympathetic, General, but this story of a US President coming out of the left and assassinated by the left appears, to a middle-of-the-road man like myself, to have quick a macabre twist.

EAW: Kennedy's death [came as no surprise].

HT: Are you going to say this on MEET THE PRESS tonight, General? Let us have, first of all, if you please, the official position you will take.

EAW: I repeat, you are the first to hear it. The President's tragic death urgently and forcibly brings home the point that the dangerous circumstances by which we are surrounded cannot be underestimated. MISTER Kennedy's death is not the great surprise which is now being depicted. The sympathy I experience for the Kennedy family is not less than the sympathy I experience for the million families who have given one or more victims to the cause of the struggle of freedom against communism. I grieve over the losses they have suffered. The sacrifice of this member of the Kennedy family is but one of the many sacrifices which are being made by everybody for freedom. During these very sad hours, [our need must] be the absolute need for strong unity, averting the divisive effect of reciprocal accusations which can only bring about more differences. We must stand together more than ever in our national devotion to [freedom] and human dignity.

HT: Dear General Walker, I thank you for those words. I thank you personally, regardless of their [obvious] worthiness.

EAW: It's all right...

<snip>

EAW: We have been taking about this Marxist assassin...this Oswald...Lee Oswald. I have just learned that John Abt from New York has offered to defend him in court.

HT: John Abt? Would you mind to spell it?

EAW: Attorney John A-B-T. From New York.

HT: This cannot be true. I had to make sure. Is it John Abt?

EAW: Right. Mr. Abt is an American Jew who defends all big communist cases.

HT: I will give our readers a short biography of Mr. Abt, General.

EAW: This is extremely interesting.

HT: How come you have one of them in your own 'Promised Land?'

EAW: (laughing) We'll keep in close touch, Thorsten. Give my regards to my German friends, especially Dr. Frey. One of the results will be that Germany and America will be able to become true partners. The relations between our two countries will develop on the basis of a real friendship among the people instead of being the result of a 'propaganda' friendship.

HT: Thank you, General Walker.

---- END CITATION #2 FROM MARY FERRELL - WALKER INTERVIEW 11/23/1963 approx. 22:00 CST ----

I have many problems with this so-called interview. It sounds scripted to me - as though Walker himself scripted most of it. Also, he refers to President Kennedy as MISTER Kennedy - which was also the term used in the Dallas Morning News full page Ad, charging JFK with communism.

The anti-semitism of the Interview is patent, and in the 1960's there were still plenty of anti-semites in the USA moving about in politics. Mary Ferrell's web site proposes that General Walker sought to use this interview to take suspicion away from the extreme right and place it on the communists. This was the plan all along among the Cuban Exiles, the rogue CIA agents, the Mafia and other criminals who planned the JFK hit -- it was calculated to stir public hatred of the communists in Cuba, to spark a full-scale invasion of Cuba, and finish what the Bay of Pigs failed to finish.

But why would General Walker show his hand so soon after the shooting? Oswald was still alive when General Walker concocted this interview. One day later, Oswald would be dead. At that point General Walker began to tell people that Oswald was his April 10th shooter. This is documented by the Briscoe Center, and by the Mary Ferrell Foundation.

I trust this is enough detail to substantiate my claims for now, Robert. As an aside to Jim Phelps -- this evidence presented by the Mary Ferrell Foundation and confirmed by the Briscoe Center clearly brings the German neo-Nazi movement onto the scene -- making an international connection.

Best regards...

Or rather, John Simkin answers, with a tip of the hat, errr umbrella to Mae Brussell.

Walker's good friend is Dr. Gerald Frey, the editor of the paper and associated with Gehlen's operation that debriefed refugees, with whom he must have been in contact with previously.

Also, Schmidt and the guys who put together the full page ad were formerly soldiers under Walker in Germany who came to Dallas to take over some conservative organizations, which should be noted.

It's certainly interesting that they named the hotel near the "Eagle's Nest," where the attempted assassination and coup took place in 1944, after Gen. Walker, as Volkmar Schmidt knew some of those guys, and mentioned that assassination attempt to Oswald, in relation to Gen. Walker.

BK

JFKcountercoup

(3) Mae Brussell, TheNazi Connection to the John F. Kennedy Assassination (November, 1983)

The Eagle's Nest, now a mountain restaurant, was given toAdolf Hitler by nazi aide Martin Bormann for the fuhrer's 50th birthday. It isnot far from Hitler's former summer home in Berchtesgaden.

Nearby is the Platterhof Hotel, built for guests when theycame to pay their respects. The Platterhof has changed its name to the General Walker Hotel.

November 23, 1963,one day after Kennedy's death, Gen. Edwin Walker called Munich, Germany, from Shreveport, La.

Walker'simportant story, via transatlantic telephone, was to the nazi newspaperDeutsche National Zeitung un Soldaten-Zeitung. Walkercouldn't wait to tell them in Munichthat Lee Harvey Oswald, the lone suspect in the Dallasmurders, was the same person who shot through his window in April, 1963.

There was never one shred of evidence, or a reliablewitness, that could make this connection Dallaspolice and FBI were taken by surprise.

In order to cover this over-exuberance of trying to link aMarxist assassin to this altercation, it became necessary to have Ruth Painedeliver that ridiculous letter to Marina Oswald on December 3, 1964. The delayed letter was to have beenwritten the night Lee was out shooting in Walker'shome.

The only piece of bullet that remained in custody was neverpositively identified as coming from the 6.5 Mannlicher Carcano, and there isno proof Oswald even handled this rifle.

Why was General Walker in such a hurry to get hisinformation printed in Germanybefore anybody in Dallas ever heardabout it?

Kurt-George Kiesinger had just been installed as Chancellorof West Germany and Franz-Josef Straus as finance minister.

Kissinger entered the radio propaganda division of NaziForeign Minister von Ribbentrop at age 36. He was then directing a world-wideradio propaganda apparatus with 195 specialists under his supervision duringthe war. He was the liaison officer, coordinating his department's work withthat of Propaganda Minister Joseph Goebbels.

Richard Nixon and Kurt-George Kiesinger were soon, or maybe before, to becomepals. Nixon tried to hide his nazi past.

But General Walker, now home from military service in Munich,knew the importance of such propaganda. He was calling the same people who,under Hitler, published and controlled the newspapers. There were two motivesfor this call. First, it gave international attention to the fact that Oswald,the Marxist gunman, was shooting at Walker as well as the President. GeneralWalker knew too many people in the Defense Department and in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that could be part of this assassination.He made himself appear as a victim instead of a suspect.

The other reason, along with the expertise of RobertMorris's counter-intelligence and psychological warfare training, was to createa profile for Lee Harvey Oswald.

No possible motive could explain why Oswald would reallywant to kill President Kennedy. By having Oswald appear to shoot the right-wingGeneral Walker with his John Birch connections, his militant anti-communiststance, then shoot John Kennedy, the same Commie-symp Walkerwas accusing of treason, it would appear that Oswald was just nuts. He didn'tknow right from left.

The Munichnewspaper Walker called was linkedto the World Movement for a Second Anti-Komintern, part of the Gehlen and U.S.right. Some of Hitler's ex-Nazis and SS-men were on the Staff. The editor,Gerhard Frey, was a close friend with various nazi members of the WitikoLeague. The Witiko League and the Sudetendeutch Landsmannscraft wereorganizations for displaced refugees. By the summer of 1948 they formed largeorganizations and by 1955 Dr. Walter Becher was elected to the executive boardof the Witiko League. Becher was one of the kingpins of nazi frontorganizations.

Sen. Joe McCarthy, Charles Willoughby, Gen. Edwin Walker,and Robert Morris' links to the German Nazis converged when Dr. Walter Becherset up offices in Washington, D.C.in 1950.

By July 16, 1957,Becher, praised by American Opinion and other extreme right publications,started his policy of liberation. General Douglas MacArthur, Senator JoeMcCarthy, General Willoughby,members of the U.S. Congress or public officials then started openly to meetwith and cooperate with the Nazi resurgence.

Dan Smooth, former Dallas FBI agent is the type of personwho kept strong Nazi ties with Dr. Becher in Munich,to Western Goals today. His printed sheets were identical to the Goebbelspropaganda years ago, or to Walker'sdisinformation one day after Kennedy was killed.

Volkmar Schmidt came from Munich, Germany, to work fulltime for General Walker. How long did he work, and where was he on November 23, 1963, when Walkermade the call to the same city the CUSA imports came from?

The YAF crowd in Dallaswas an interesting gang: Col. Charles Willoughby, intelligence Chief for S.Pacific, Robert Morris, U.S.counter-intelligence and psychological warfare, Gen Edwin Walker, brought homefrom Munich by JFK, WilliamBuckley, CIA in Japan,Mexico, andelsewhere, Sen. John Tower, who gave the okay for Marina Oswald.

Looks like Bill K. has found a good solid link of Gen. Walker to the Gehlin Org. and using them as a mouthpiece against LHO.

One caution is the Gen Walker Hotel was not named after Gen. Edwin Walker:

=======

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Walker_Hotel

The General Walker Hotel was a former Third Reich hotel in Obersalzberg, Germany. Following World War II, it became a United States Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC), and was renamed after US Army General Walton Walker, killed in action in the Korean War. It was demolished in 2000.

=======

Some good photos of the Gen Walker Hotel, before and after the war pics:

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/platterhof.htm

Or rather, John Simkin answers, with a tip of the hat, errr umbrella to Mae Brussell.

BK

JFKcountercoup

Many thanks for answering your good question, William, because I hadn't time to research it, but wish I did.

Yes, it once again involves a European Nazi connection to the American extreme right. Your citing Mae Brussell on this thread is most welcome.

So, the Dr. Frey that General Walker mentions in this interview with Hasso Thorsten is Dr. Gerhard Frey, the editor of the Deutsche Nationalzeitung newspaper for which Hasso Thorsten worked. As Dr. Frey was associated with former Nazi General Reinhard Gehlen (c.f. Mae Brussell) and since Gehlen was associated with Allen Dulles, we have a political connection that involves (without granting control to) international players.

Mae Brussell wrote: "The Munich newspaper Walker called was linked to the World Movement for a Second Anti-Komintern, part of the Gehlen and U.S. right."

The organization name, 'Second Anti-Komintern,' is poignant: Komintern stands for 'International Communist movement'. This anti-communist movement was the 'Second' because the Third Reich was the first. In other words, this was primarily (but not exclusively) a USA movement.

I'm also glad your response raised the name of Volkmar Schmidt, who admits that he tried to convince Oswald that General Walker was truly evil, and who expressed a guilty conscience for his role in Oswald's reported attack on Walker on April 10th. Insofar as Schmidt came from Munich, Germany, and that he worked for Walker for a time, how and why did he come to hate Walker so much?

Very interesting, William. Thanks for this.

Best regards...

What kind of confusing crap is this?

First of all he was was killed by Foreign a Intelligence Operation ( the CIA ) operating out of Mexico City.

I have to admit I never read the rest of your nonsense.

Look at the facts and you can see the government ordered the Secret Service to facilitate the murder of John Fitgerald Kennedy, the President of the United States.

The CIA ( or John Simkin's definition of intelligence operations ) were the boots on the ground and those functioning as the "government" ordered, planned and covered up the regicide.

Edited by Peter McGuire

What kind of confusing crap is this?

First of all he was was killed by Foreign a Intelligence Operation ( the CIA ) operating out of Mexico City.

I have to admit I never read the rest of your nonsense.

Look at the facts and you can see the government ordered the Secret Service to facilitate the murder of John Fitgerald Kennedy, the President of the United States.

The CIA ( or John Simkin's definition of intelligence operations ) were the boots on the ground and those functioning as the "government" ordered, planned and covered up the regicide.

Peter, let's see if I can clarify the thread. Nobody has discounted the possibility of a Secret Service participation at some level. No conclusion has been agreed upon that the JFK hit was guided by foreign intelligence.

Rather, the theme as I see it is to measure the extent to which foreign operators were involved, and how they would have been involved given the facts of the case, and the suspects considered.

For example, Cuban Exiles were involved -- exiles from the former Batista intelligence are likely suspects.

For example, Russian Exiles were involved -- children of exiles from the former Russian Monarchy (i.e. George de Morhenschildt)

For example, German ex-Nazis were involved -- not necessarily at a command level, but perhaps at an advisory level.

For example, foreign Mafia were involved -- i.e. Carlos Marcello was not a U.S. citizen

All of these foreign nationals have been widely identified as having been involved at some level in the JFK assassination.

Now - summing them all up, we have an extreme right-wing inside the USA. These were extremists by themselves, but combined together in their hatred for the Kennedy administration, we have a super-hatred.

Was there one extreme right-wing American who could unite and persony that super-hatred? Did that person live in Dallas, with plenty of control over the local right-wing in Dallas? If so, that person could and should be a prime suspect for the planning and ground execution of the plan to assassinate JFK.

This is more satisfying than asserting that "the government" ordered "the Secret Service" to kill Kennedy, because such a generalization does not name the ground-crew. This was always Allen Dulles' challenge to the conspiracy theorists -- if you can't name the ground-crew, then you really haven't solved anything at all.

So, to identify the ground-crew, we first need to define their political orientation. With the evidence available, the extreme right-wing fits the profile best.

I don't believe that reearchers have adequately explored General Edwin Walker. Would his extreme right-wing connections (not only in Dallas, or among the local Police, or the local oil barons, or even in Germany, but also in the local paramilitary, the official military and the Pentagon) be willing to coordinate under his supervision? I think so.

So we're exploring this; this is the gist of this thread, in my view, Peter. Does this clarify the thread for you?

Regards...

[This is more satisfying than asserting that "the government" ordered "the Secret Service" to kill Kennedy, because such a generalization does not name the ground-crew. This was always Allen Dulles' challenge to the conspiracy theorists -- if you can't name the ground-crew, then you really haven't solved anything at all.

Nonsense.

We can see the Secret Service was involved. They were the most important "ground crew."

Since they did not likely think this thing up, someone above them directed them. Who the other boots on the ground were is irrelevent.

Edited by Peter McGuire

[This is more satisfying than asserting that "the government" ordered "the Secret Service" to kill Kennedy, because such a generalization does not name the ground-crew. This was always Allen Dulles' challenge to the conspiracy theorists -- if you can't name the ground-crew, then you really haven't solved anything at all.

Nonsense.

We can see the Secret Service was involved. They were the most important "ground crew."

Since they did not likely think this thing up, someone above them directed them. Who the other boots on the ground were is irrelevent.

====

I think I'd certainly disasgree with your truncation of the others involved. The SS is controlled by the Sec. of Treasury, who was an 8F good ole boy and the same good ole boy that inflamed the Cuba mess into Castro tossing out the Oil Companies and nationalizing all the US investment in Cuba.

Somebody besides the SS told the Fletcher Proudy folks to stand down and the Dallas Police to turn into bench sitters.

And LBJ was a big player with lots of 8F connections.

And somebody liked to take shots at JFK from the Dal-Tex building to tie in HL Hunt and Morris Jaffee.

Some, if not many of us, like to look at much much more of the issues that you like to call non-sense. That you might miss the bigger issues thus becomes obvious.

...Dallas' HL Hunt was a raging JBS member along with General Walker. These two played a ring leadership role on Dallas to have JFK killed.

Jim, I'm very interested in the General Walker connection and the Dallas connection in general.

For one thing, General Walker had one of the strongest motives for revenge against the Kennedys of anybody in America, IMHO, including Carlos Marcello (who was deported to Guatemala without a suitcase by the Kennedys in 1961). General Walker was one of the organizers of the Ole Miss anti-integration march of 1962 that ended in a riot. The Kennedys had him arrested, and failing to detain him, held him on charges of insanity! This was a profound disgrace to a decorated General of WW2. (I perceive the seeds of vast hatred here.)

After resigning from the Army, Walker enjoyed a career as rightist lecturer across the USA, and obtained a loyal following. He also retained many of his US Army contacts, and was an officer in the Texas Minutemen (who made the JBS look like store clerks).

Guy Banister was also an officer in the Texas Minutemen. As I recall, David Ferrie also served under General Walker at one point. Also, Jack Martin, who worked for Guy Banister, may have served under General Walker.

A 1963 home film, allegedly by a random tourist named Jack Martin, may be of interest to this thread. (It was once available from Collector's Archive in Canada, which seems to have moved or gone bust.) In this short film, a man is visiting General Walker in Dallas, and filming the bullet holes left in his home by some shooter on April 10, 1963. Later, the same man is in a park in New Orleans, when he hears a commotion on Canal Street. He hurries over to see Lee Harvey Oswald handing out FPCC leaflets, and fighting with Carlos Bringuier, and being arrested by police. This home movie ends with a long shot of the Canal Street buildings, pans down to the street, and ends with a close-up of one of the FPCC flyers lying in the gutter.

This doesn't sound like a random home movie by a random tourist randomly named Jack Martin, to me. It makes a direct connection between the General Edwin Walker shooting and Lee Harvey Oswald, in a material form. This was months before the connection between Oswald and General Walker was announced by Marina Oswald after the murders.

The only other person who knew (or suspected) about this shooting was George De Mohrenschildt, as he admitted to the Warren Commission in 1964. If George DM spread the word about Oswald's "pot-shot" at General Walker (either to the CIA or to other para-military groups in Texas) then we would perceive a solid, materal motive to make Oswald into Walker's patsy, IMHO.

If these suspicions are warranted, then we would also have a material connection that links the New Orleans plotters with perhaps the most central of the Dallas plotters.

I'm very interested in finding more information about any contacts between General Walker and: (i) Guy Banister; (ii) David Ferrie; and (iii) Jack Martin.

Thanks for the thread,

--Paul

P.S. I've already scoured Bruce Adamson's material about George De Mohrenschildt for social contacts with General Walker, but came up empty-handed. Their only possible social connection would have been at the Dallas Petroleum Club. But as George DM wrote to the HSCA, he and Oswald used to joke about General Walker, calling him General Fokker. The scorn that George DM possibly had for General Walker may have influenced Oswald's behavior. Anyway, my theory doesn't rely on any contact between George DM and General Walker - a CIA go-between would be enough. I am very interested in any contact between General Walker and 544 Camp Street in New Orleans in 1963.