The Education Forum

Potts

Scott Kaiser

I have posted in the past asking for help, and a few have responded to my questions, so it hasn't been a waist of my time asking for help here when a few have come through for me. And, I want to personally thank you for that, you know who you are Zach and friends. I now come to you with one more question, I have been doing some research on a name and could use some help please, from anyone who may know or heard of this person, he goes by the name of Joseph D. Potts, would anyone know if he was either Secret Service or with the OSS.

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by Scott Kaiser

I have posted in the past asking for help, and a few have responded to my questions, so it hasn't been a waist of my time asking for help here when a few have come through for me. And, I want to personally thank you for that, you know who you are Zach and friends. I now come to you with one more question, I have been doing some research on a name and could use some help please, from anyone who may know or heard of this person, he goes by the name of Joseph D. Potts, would anyone know if he was either Secret Service or with the OSS.

Thanks!

Scott

Scott,

Betcha Tom Scully could find out.

--Tommy :)

if the same Potts, he was a Detective, hopefully this will copy for you...best b..he was involved in the search at Beckley..nope this is Walter Potts, sorry will look further..

He was Homicide Detective and searched Oswald's room at 1026 N. Beckley =

on the afternoon of 11/22/63.

Walter E. Potts =20

Potts, Walter E. Born April 28, 1922, passed away January 7, 2009. =

Mr Potts served in law enforcement for the city of Dallas for 26 years =

and Dallas County Sheriff's Department for 14 years. He graduated from =

Sam Houston State, was a long-time member of Buckner Terrace Baptist =

Church, and was a veteran of World War II. He is survived by his wife of =

63 years, Ruth Alice Potts; sons, Richard, Steve, and Stanley; =

daughter-in-law, Marcella. A Memorial Service will be held, 10:00 AM, =

Friday, January 9, 2009, Grove Hill Funeral Home Chapel.=20

http://www.legacy.co...e=3DLifeStory=

ersonID=3D122372918

<DIV> He was Homicide Detective and searched Oswald's room at 1026 =

N.=20

Beckley on the afternoon of 11/22/63.<BR><BR></DIV>

=

src=3D"

Edited by Bernice Moore

Thanks Thomas and Bernice!

Bernice, I don't think its Walter E. Potts that I'm looking for, unless its an alias in my fathers phone book, under the name General Paul Griffith he has Joseph D. Potts, his name was placed just above Ewdero, aka Edwardo, aka Howard Hunt.

Scott

Thanks Thomas and Bernice!

Bernice, I don't think its Walter E. Potts that I'm looking for, unless its an alias in my fathers phone book, under the name General Paul Griffith he has Joseph D. Potts, his name was placed just above Ewdero, aka Edwardo, aka Howard Hunt.

Scott

For the record.

As we noted elsewhere, Joseph D. Potts was a Philadelphia millionaire, the SS Joseph D. Potts was an oil tanker named after him.

The reference in your notebook is to the SS. J.D.Potts, docked at the time at the Richmond Oil terminal at San Diego.

BK