The Education Forum

George de Mohrenschildt Death

Colby, you are immune to facts.

Like somehow you have to pretend to think that you don't know who Galbraith is and what he thought on Vietnam and what the Rostow mission proposed etc. Or why November is important in 1961.

Do you do this on purpose? I think you do.

I have no idea what you are babbling about, I never indicated I “don't know who Galbraith is” (sic) etc. I have no idea what I wrote that you misunderstood to say such a thing.

Everyone and their mother knows that Galbraith did not want US involvement in Vietnam. He was one of JFK's very few allies on this.

Now Lenny, please listen for an English lesson:

When you say "counter" that means you oppose, or neutralize something. Got it. Good.

Now if Galbraith was supposed to "counter" Taylor-Rostow, and Taylor-Rostow recommended putting in troops, then Galbraith was supposed to recommend getting out. See, the beauties of the English language when we use words correctly!

No, one does not follow from the other, opposing sending in troops is not the same as supporting a pullout. JFK never sent in combat troops nor apparently ever seriously considered doing so but he continuously increased the number of advisors. Though he backed a slow withdrawal perhaps initially in summer 1962 but only conclusively in fall 1963 he had yet to implement one after almost 3 years in office. Our dispute however is limited to 1961 and more specifically Galbraith’s trip to Vietnam in November 1961. Yes I agree with you about “the beauties of the English language when we use words CORRECTLY!”

And BTW, Halberstam says the same thing, JKG recommended the "opposite" of Taylor Rostow. How did you miss that word? (BTW, the first time the Galbraith mission is mentioned in VIrtual JFK is page 69. It is then elucidated later by Jamie Galbraith. You left that out.)

Get back to us when you turn up a quote from Halberstam, either of the Galbraiths or any other reasonable source who said UNAMBIGUOUSLY that JFK was pushing for withdrawal in 1961 (not 1962 or 3) and that is why he sent the elder Galbraith there.

Now, what else is important here is when Galbraith went. He went after the weeks long debate in the WH over this very issue. As John Newman notes, during these debates, JFK was almost the only one in the room who did not want to send troops. Therefore he realized he would have to send someone who he knew would "counter" the Taylor-Rostow mission. Which Galbraith did. When he returned to Washington, he reported to McNamara, who was going to be the point man on the withdrawal. How do we know that? Because this is exactly what Jamie Galbraith is talking about in that part of the book. That is, how McNamara came to be JFK's trusted ally on this issue in the WH, as opposed to all the hawks. (Newman p. 141)

Once again, get back to us when you turn up a quote from any reliable source who said DIRECTLY that JFK was pushing for WITHDRAWAL in 1961

"Newman also alludes to this in his book, when he says that the military were opposed to Galbraith's idea of reversing US committment.(p. 236) See Lenny, the words "reverse" and counter are kind of the same. You know, synonyms. Newman furthers this by saying the battle "now had turned from whether or not to send in combat forces to whether or not to reduce the level of advisors." ( p. 237) Len, "reduce" means get smaller, that is WITHDRAW!"

Gee thanks for the vocabulary lesson Big Bird! I have not been able to find the Newman book online or in any of my local book stores/libraries. Since these quotes come from the middle of the book am I correct in assuming they refer to 1962 or 1963 as opposed to the year in question?

“Now, in VIrtual JFK the point at which this is being discussed is when the now famous tape of McNamara telling Bundy "We have to find away to get out of Vietnam" was played. “

Jimmy that “conversation occurred on October 2nd, 1963, 11 – 11:55 a.m.” (page 98)

“Now bear with me Len. Another English lesson. The sub title of this section is "A JFK-McNamara Back Channel?" See, "back channel" means avoiding normal channels.”

The main title is “What JFK decided: October –November 1963”, yet you would have us believe the back channel began 2 years earlier.

“And Jamie Galbraith is explaining how McNamara was turned around after the November 1961 debates, in which he himself suggested troops.”

What page is this supposed comment on? Can you provide the exact quote?

“Now, let us think logically--I know its hard for you, but try.”

LOL this coming from the guy who just claimed I “deliberately ignore[d]” something I did “not know about”!

If McNamara was urging troops in November of 1961, then someone must have intervened with him to alter his thinking, right? Now, if only Kennedy and Galbraith and Bowles were urging no troops, then it must have been one or two of them right? And we have evidence that Galbraith actually talked to McNamara. So Bob must have gotten the message from him and JFK. ( Do you have evidence that Bowles turned him around? ) As Jamie Galbraith says explicitly, his dad told him that Kennedy often worked like this, that is to get around resistance in his cabinet, he created back channels. Galbraith knew this had been done here since he was in on it. (p. 125) This is called prima facie evidence. That is someone was right there and the result--McNamara's immediate reversal --is self evident.

Now let us make it more clear. Jamie Galbraith also says that "So I think the most likely explanation for McNamara's pressing this postion is very simple: Kennedy told him to. "Kennedy and he were agreed in advance that this was the course of policy that they were going to follow. That was a position they didn't share with anybody else, or with virtually no one else." (VIrtual JFK p. 129, italics added) What is the policy under discussion Lenny? WIthdrawal of the advisors. Now, who else agreed that JFK had instructed McNamara to change his mind immediatley? Well how about Mac Bundy. (VIrtual JFK, p. 130)

What Jamie Galbraith is trying to do here is to 1.) Trace how McNamara was turned around after November of 1961-- a point that Newman agrees with him on, and 2.) Show that Kennedy created a back channel around his resistant Cabinet that went from him to Galbraith to McNamara. And by early 1962, Kennedy had now changed the battle from "advisors escalating to troops", to one of withdrawing the advisors.

Recall, this is 1961-62. So let us take up from there and recall that JKG has been in India now for months when McNamara takes up his proposal. Therefore he is fighting from a distance. Not only was the military opposed to this deescalation, so was Harriman. (Jim Douglass, JFK and the Unspeakable, p. 119) But yet, Kennedy continually reminded his aides that Galbraith's was the path he wanted followed. (ibid) Again, when he saw that the Harriman group--Asia group at State-- was resistant, he went to McNamara again. He told him to initiate a policy to withdraw the military from South Vietnam. (ibid) The first step was taken at a Sec Def meting in May of 1962. (ibid, p. 120)

LOL you claim this all took place in “1961-62” but all the pages you are citing in Virtual JFK are from the chapter about fall 1963. Sorry Jim that doesn’t make any sense.

As for the Galbraith comment on page 125 of that book he was talking about what McNamara said in October 1963 and nothing it it supports the notion his father had spoken to the Secretary of Defense let alone was responsible for his shift re: Vietnam. In fact it was because of JFK.

As for the “Sec Def meting in May of 1962”? I see that Douglas only cited one source, George Allan, regarding what McNamara said - amazingly apparently none of the other participants have said anything of the sort nor has any documentary evidence of this supposedly momentous order surfaced. BUT even if we assume the Allan/Douglas account is accurate there is little if any basis for your inferences a) it must have been Galbraith who changed McNamara’s mind, B) therefore the purpose of Galbraith’s trip 6 months earlier was “to begin a withdrawal plan”. The latter is especially dubious because:

- there is no evidence he ever drew up such a plan, in fact according to your sources McNamara asked the other participants to draw up such a plan 6 months later but made no reference to an existing one AND

- your sources said McNamara he did so because JFK ordered him to. I have no idea how you infer he was convinced by Galbraith from people saying he was told to do so by the president.

“Now let us consider the months in a year. Got a calendar? If the Galbraith path of reduction was debated in April of 1962, and then McNamara initiated the military withdrawal plan in May of 1962, then that means JFK was backing Galbraith, right? And that this was the beginning of his actual implementing his desire to get out. Or are you saying that McNamara, the guy who wanted to commit troops just five months earlier,had his St, Paul of the way to Damascus moment? And then decided to act on his own.”

Your own source attributes this to JFK and made no connection between McNamara’s position at the conference and Galbraith’s India proposal and let alone to his trip 6 months earlier. Evan Douglas wrote “Thus began President John F. Kennedy’s policy to withdraw U.S. military personnel from Vietnam” i.e. it began in April - May 1962 not November 1961.

“Nope Lenny. Every link in this chain, when placed in context and when words are used normally, proves the point that Kennedy had made up his mind in 1961: that no combat troops were ever going into Vietnam. And that as early as 1961, he wanted to begin to get the whole USA commitment out. But he realized he had to do an end run around his cabinet. Which is what he did: from Galbraith to McNamara to the Sec Def meeting in April of 1962. And its all there in the record. Its called cause and effect. Another common phenomenon you are immune to.”

Reality check, the evidence you have posted and that I found on my own so far only indicates JFK opposed sending combat troops in 1961 not that he had made a firm decision never to do so and that only “as early as” MAY 1962 “he wanted to begin to get the whole USA commitment out”. Your belief he wanted to pull out in 1961 and that’s why he sent Galbraith there in November of that year is based on a flimsy web of suppositions, assumptions and inferences and worse on misquoting sources. The sources you produced so far have said:

a) JFK opposed sending troops in 1961

OR

B) he supported a withdrawal in 1963 (or perhaps as early as 1962)

You have yet to produce a source who said unambiguously that JFK was pushing for WITHDRAWAL in 1961. I’m sure you have convinced yourself your position is correct but the same could be said of creationists, cult members who believe their guru is the messiah, and beaten wives who think their husband is going to change.

“You can deny this stuff till you are blue in the face. You can distort words, you can leave things out, you can cal me names etc. But its there and this was the beginning of the withdrawal plan. And if I am delusional, then so is Jamie Galbraith, so was his father, so is JIm Blight, so is Gordon Goldstein, so is the Sec Def record of May of 1962.

And so was John Kennedy.”

No, it’s just you! None of the above, not even either of the Galbraiths said JFK “sent Galbraith to Saigon to begin a withdrawal plan” in 1961 and you have yet to turn up any documentary evidence that was the case. Unless you can produce a source which says this directly this silly debate has run its course.

EDIT - Turned off emoticons

Edited by Len Colby

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people here really crack me up, I mean, rolling on the floor laughing my a** off, instead of researchers doing their due delinquents researching, many of you sound like school kids arguing over who wants to be right, yes! I find that very funny, I guess Pawley didn't kill himself either? Many who were summons to testify before a Warren Commission or HSCA were killed or they commented suicide, but why would they comment suicide if they knew they would probably end up getting killed for testifying? So why not testify? I mean either way you're going to end up in a box for singing right? Well the answer to the question is easy, would it not be easier for one man to die, then for a whole family to parish?

John Woods writes:

HI Bill, Per the thread on the death of deMohnrenschildt at The Education Forum. I was able to obtain copies of the photographs, cassette tape, corner'sinquest, toxicolgy report along with the few extra unofficial photographs. Since I'm unable to post at forum please pass on this information to themembers. I obtained his file back in the early 1980's without the objectionsof his wife. George was murdered. All the best to you. johnw

Bill ask him to send you the files,he can get the tape digitalized cheaply,the rest can be scanned

Most people here really crack me up, I mean, rolling on the floor laughing my a** off, instead of researchers doing their due delinquents researching, many of you sound like school kids arguing over who wants to be right, yes! I find that very funny, I guess Pawley didn't kill himself either? Many who were summons to testify before a Warren Commission or HSCA were killed or they commented suicide, but why would they comment suicide if they knew they would probably end up getting killed for testifying? So why not testify? I mean either way you're going to end up in a box for singing right? Well the answer to the question is easy, would it not be easier for one man to die, then for a whole family to parish?

John Woods writes:

HI Bill, Per the thread on the death of deMohnrenschildt at The Education Forum. I was able to obtain copies of the photographs, cassette tape, corner'sinquest, toxicolgy report along with the few extra unofficial photographs. Since I'm unable to post at forum please pass on this information to themembers. I obtained his file back in the early 1980's without the objectionsof his wife. George was murdered. All the best to you. johnw

Mr Kelly, any chance we may get to examine the items? Thanks in advance.

"What they are saying is that the Mob killed Kennedy by manipulating the C Day plan as a cover up for the operation."

This synopsis by Jim D will save the prospective reader of Ultimate Sacrifice a few dollars and untold hours of drudgery in reading the epistle.

The book does a fine job of outlining the various anti-Castro Cuban groups and factions, and their respective operations, but it is a laborious read.

I appreciate Hartman and Waldron's research and efforts, but the book about wore me out and provided little real information that I believe sheds any light whatsoever on the JFK assassination.

I don't buy the C-day gone wrong (or whatever it is) thesis of the book.

John Woods writes:

Jimmy D is working on it. I'm sure he will share.

BK

originally information from lisa pease.posted....fwiw..b

Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 02:19:33 GMT

Sender: lpease@netcom23.netcom.com

This was one of the few contributions McAdams ever made to this

newsgroup. Credit where credit is due, no matter how distasteful.

You have to draw this on paper for yourself. Draw the floor scheme. Draw

each room. Draw the house and where the windows are, including both the

alarm-connected ones and the open one. Note what DeM was reading and

doing. Note the events of the day. Note the pattern of the blood in the

room. It does not add up to suicide. See for yourself. Draw it out.

===============================================

Sheriff's Office

Palm Beach County

DEATH INVESTIGATION

Examiner 5100

Disposition Cleared By Exceptionally

1. Type of Crime death investigation (suicide)

2. Code 9545

3. Grid Code 12500

4. Date 3/29/77

5. Day of week Tuesday

6. Weather Clear

7. Case No. 77-11753

8. Occurred at 1780 South Ocean Boulevard

Manalapan, Florida

9. Unit tag number 1220

10. Zone C-1

11. Deputy No. 5104

12. Time Disp. 1455

13. Time Arr 15:20

14. Time Comp 03/30/77 @ 03:00

15. Assistant Manalapan P.D.

16. Resident or non-res. Non-resident

17. Police Agency on scene Manalapan Police Department

18. Name of Officer Patrolman Don McBride

19. Phone 585-4078

20. S.O. Investigating Office Det. Thomas Neighbors

21. I.D. No. 5104

22. Full Name of Deceased George deMohrenschildt

23. Street Address 2737 Kings Road, Apartment #142

Dallas, Texas

24. Previous Address Business Address: Bishop College

3837 Simpson-Stuart Road

Dallas, Texas

25. Age 65

26. Date of Birth 04-17-11

27. Race White

28. (Other) n/r

29. Sex Male

30. Height 6'1"

31. Weight 180#

32. Hair Brown

33. Eyes Blue

34. Where Body Found Upstairs hallway of 1780 South

Ocean Boulevard, Manalapan, Florida

35. By Whom Alexandra deMohrenschildt

36. Address 158 Villa Lengine

Mexico City, Mexico

37. Bus. phone None

38. Res phone n/r

39. Related yes--daughter

40. Inv. Officer viewed

body at Same as block #8

41. Body I.D. by Same as block #35

42. Body Photographed by Det. Gary Green/PBSO

43. Body Fingerprinted by Det. Gary Green/PBSO

44. Ambulance Company Scobee-Combs Funeral Home

45. Attendants Don Combs

Mike Bowden

46. Body Examined by Dr. Gabino Cuevas

47. Where Bethesda Memorial Hospital/morgue

48. Date 03-30-77

49. Time 1300 hours

50. Medical History

of Deceased Victim had history of mental

depression. On 11-09-76, his wife

had him committed to a mental

institution and listed four previous

suicide attempts in a notarized

affidavit.

51. Last Doctor to Examine

Deceased Prior to Death Unknown

52. Address n/a

53. Phone n/a

54. Date n/a

55. Autopsy Unknown

56. Name of Medical

Examiner Dr. Gabino Cuevas

57. Date 03-30-77

58. Cause of Death Gunshot to the brain

59. Body Released to Scobee-Combs Funeral Home

60. Address 1622 N. E. 4th Street

Boynton Beach, Florida

61. Date 03-30-77

62. Body Interred cremation

63. Nearest Relative Jeanne deMohrenschildt

64. Address 2737 Kings Road, Apt. #142

Dallas, Texas

65. Phone 213-363-6889

66. Relationship Wife

67. Disposition of Personal

Property of Deceased Personal papers and documents by this

department

68. Witness Name None

69. Address n/r

70. Res. Phone n/r

71. Bus. Phone n/r

72. Reporting Deputy's

Signature Det. Thomas Neighbors/lea

73. Crime Scene Tech

Called Yes: Det. Sgt. Ben Green

and Det. Gary T. Green

74. State TWX MSG. No [blank]

Local TWX MSG. No. n/r

75. N.C.I.C. No

At approximately 1455 hours, 29 March, 1977, this writer received

a telephone call from Det. Sgt. Louie Lee, Officer In Charge of the

Delray Beach Sub-station Detective Bureau, requesting this writer's

presence at 1780 South Ocean Boulevard, Manalapan, Florida, regarding

a shooting death at that location. Upon arrival at 1520 hours, this

writer encountered Sgt. Lee, Gary Green, of the PBSO Crime Scene Unit,

Chief Ralph Meadows of the Manalapan Police Department, and one of his

officers, Donald McBride. From the Manalapan officers it was learned

that they had received a call, at 1445 hours, to respond to the above

address regarding a shooting. Upon their arrival, they were directed

to the second floor of the residence; where, the deceased was found in

a small hallway at the south end of the home. The scene was secured,

after first determining that the victim was, indeed, dead; and this

department was notified.

This writer examined the scene with Det. Gary Green and observed

the victim slumped over in a high-backed chair in the southwest corner

of the hallway. His head was facing downward, and blood quite

prominently was dripping from his mouth in large amounts and

accumulating on the floor below. The head was painting in a northerly

direction; and the feet, both of which were touching the floor, were

pointed in a somewhat northeasterly direction. The deceased was

dressed in a blue, long-sleeve, turtle-neck sweater; white long pants

and dark stockings. Lying across the left foot was a double-barrel

shotgun, lying with the barrel pointing in a southeasterly direction.

The scene was turned over to Detective Gary Green for photographing

and processing (refer to his supplementary report to this case number

for details of his investigation).

Also present in the house at the time of this investigation were

MRS. NANCY TILTON, owner of the residence; MISS ALEXANDRA

deMOHRENSCHILDT, daughter of the deceased; MISS KATHERINE LOOMIS, a

friend of Alexandra deMohrenschildt and house guest of Mrs. Tilton;

and MR. COLEY WIMBLEY, who is the live-in yard man at the residence.

The victim's room, which adjoined the hallway, was searched, and

a brown attache case was found in a chair on the north side of the

room. In the case were numerous personal papers belonging to the

deceased and identifying him as GEORGE deMOHRENSCHILDT, a Professor at

Bishop College, in Dallas, Texas. Also found in the case was a two-

page personal affidavit which indicated it was written on March 11,

1977, in Brussels, Belgium, which made reference to his friendship

with LEE HARVEY OSWALD, who assassinated President John F. Kennedy, in

Dallas, Texas, on 22 November, 1963. Found in the deceased's pants

pocket was newspaper article from the March 20, 1977 edition of the

Dallas Morning News, which indicated that the deceased may possibly

have been involved in, or have knowledge of, some type of conspiracy

in the above-mentioned assassination. This, coupled with the fact

that an investigator from the U. S. House of Representatives Committee

on Assassinations had been at the residence earlier looking for the

victim, indicated to this writer that the death of this individual

could possibly be of major importance. Lt. Richard Sheet, was, thus,

notified by Sgt. Lee of the nature of this case; and he responded to

the scene with Det. Sgt. Ben Green, and Det. John Skebe to supervise

and assist in the investigation.

Based on documents found in the victim's attache case, it was

learned that the victim was born in Russia, on April 17, 1911. He was

educated in Europe and America and held a Doctorate Degree in

Economics. He was last employed as an Assistant Professor of foreign

languages at Bishop College, in Dallas, Texas. He was a world

traveler and apparently an unofficial advisor to several foreign

governments. The part of his life which arouses the most interest and

notoriety is his reputed friendship, in 1962 and 1963, with LEE HARVEY

OSWALD and his wife, MARINA OSWALD, prior to the assassination; and

there has been much reported speculation by government agencies and

the press that he had involvement in the assassination plot.

After interviewing all of the above individuals, the following

sequence of events leading up to the victim's death was determined.

It should be noted at the outset that the exact moment of death and

time sequences afterwards have been established by a taped recording

of a television show which was taking place in the room adjacent to

the hallway in which the victim met his demise. Further references to

that taped recording and details of it will be outlined in narrative

elsewhere in this report: The victim arrived in West Palm Beach,

Florida, on the evening of 16 March, 1977, from New York City, after

having returned from a business trip to Belgium. He arrived at the

Grey Hound bus station in that city and was met there by Mrs. Tilton

and Miss Loomis. His only baggage, apparently, was a green attache

case and a few articles of clothing. He was taken to Mrs. Tilton's

ocean-side home; where, he was reunited with his daughter, Alexandra.

From that time up until 29 March, 1977, the victim seemed to enjoy his

leisure and prepared for his up-coming meeting with a writer, named

EDWARD EPSTEIN, in Palm Beach, on 29 March, 1977. On that date, he

arose, at approximately 0720 hours, dressed, and went to the kitchen,

at 0730 hours; where, the cook, Miss Romanic, fed him a light

breakfast of toast and coffee. He then was seen taking a short walk

on the beach, then went for a short ride in his rented car, which he

had received from Mr. Epstein, after making brief contact with him on

the previous day in Palm Beach. He returned to the house, but he

stayed only for a short period of time, then departed for his

appointment with Mr. Epstein at the Breakers Hotel, in Palm Beach.

There he discussed an article which Mr. Epstein was writing and for

which the victim was to receive Four Thousand Dollar ($4,000.00) from

Reader's Digest, about the Kennedy assassination; but the discussion

at this first of what was expected to be several meetings centered

mainly on the victim's early life and war years. During this time,

between 1000 hours and 1100 hours, an investigator for the House

Committee on Assassinations, named GAETON FONZI, appeared at the

Tilton residence inquiring about the victim and his whereabouts. Mr.

Fonzi left after speaking with Alexandra deMohrenschildt and saying

that he would return at a later time to see her father.

The interview at the Breakers Hotel was terminated after noon,

and the victim promised to return later that day, at 1500 hours, to

continue the conversation. He returned to the Tilton residence and

ate a light lunch in the kitchen, at approximately 1245 hours. After

lunch, the victim's daughter informed him, in Spanish, apparently so

that the house maid and cook who were also present would not

understand, that investigator Fonzi found him and wished to speak to

him. The news apparently upset the victim, and he went upstairs to

his room after bidding good-bye to his daughter and her friend,

Katherine Loomis, who went shopping, at roughly 1330 hours.

Mrs. Tilton had left the house at noon and drove to a card-

playing appointment with several friends in Palm Beach, and she did

not see the victim at all on the day of his death. Prior to her

leaving, she instructed her maid, ANNA VIISOLA, to place her cassette

tape recorder near the television in her bedroom and record two of her

favorite day time serials, so that when she returned she could listen

to the tape recording and be able to follow the story line. This is

the tape recording referred to earlier in this narrative which was

helpful in establishing the time of death.

Prior to 1400 hours, Mrs. Viisola went to Mrs. Tilton's bedroom

on the second floor and was doing some housework when the victim came

out of his room and complained of hearing scratching noises and

suspected that a cat, of which there are none in the household, was

responsible for the noises. The maid searched the second floor

briefly, concluded that the victim was hearing things, and continued

with her work. Roughly at 1415 hours, that tape cassette ran out and

was switched over to side two by the maid, who then went downstairs,

leaving the victim in his room. He apparently left his room, walked

the short distance down the hallway to Mrs. Tilton's room, and removed

a double-barrel, .20-gauge shotgun from its resting place beside her

bed, along with two live .20-gauge shotgun shells form a night stand

which also was beside the bed. He then walked out of the bedroom,

turned to his left and entered a small hallway off the main hallway in

which there was a chair and a chest of drawers. The victim loaded the

weapon, sat in the chair, placed the barrel in his mouth, and pulled

the trigger, at 1421 hours, thus, discharging the weapon at an upward

angle through the roof of his mouth and into his brain. The shot went

unheard by Mrs. Viisola, who was working in the kitchen below, as well

as by Miss Romanic, who was sunning herself in the back yard; and by

the gardener, Coley Wimbley, who also was at the rear of the house in

the garden.

The victim's daughter and her friend returned to the Tilton

residence, at 1435 hours, from their brief shopping trip. They

entered the house, at 1437 hours, and Miss deMohrenschildt went

upstairs to give her father some toilet articles which she had

purchased for him. At 1439 hours, she discovered his body and

summoned the help of the rest of the household, who notified the

Manalapan Police Department.

This writer interviewed the house maid, White female, ANNA

VIISOLA (DOB: 07-08-17), who lives at 3000 Lake Osborne Drive, Lake

Worth, Florida (telephone 588-4228). She stated that on the date of

the incident she arrived at work, at approximately 1245 hours. At

that time, she found the victim seated at the kitchen table eating

lunch, which comprised of three pieces of toast and cup of coffee. At

that time, the victim's daughter was also present, and she conversed

with her father in Spanish, a language of which Mrs. Viisola has no

comprehension or fluency. The conversation appeared to upset the

victim, but she could not tell to what extent, due to the foreign

language used in the conversation.

At approximately 1330 hours, the victim went to his room and laid

on the bed and read a book. Mrs. Viisola has started taping a

television soap opera for Mrs. Tilton in her room and was performing

household chores on the second floor. During that time, she saw the

victim from time to time and spoke briefly to him about some shirts

she was washing for him and answered his question regarding whether

the "girls" were home, obviously referring to his daughter and her

friend; and he was described at that time as being quite polite and

calm. However, several minutes later, prior to 1400 hours, the victim

entered Mrs. Tilton's bedroom and questioned Mrs. Viisola about a

scratching sound which apparently annoyed him. He speculated that it

was a cat, which there are none in the Tilton residence, and he began

to pace up and down the long main hallway, calling for a cat.

Mrs. Viisola did not argue with him about the impossibility of

there being a cat in the house and went downstairs via the elevator

after turning the tape cassette to side two, at around 1415 hours. At

the time of the cat-scratching incident, Mrs. Viisola felt that the

victim was not behaving normally and was, in her own words, slightly

mad. Mrs. Viisola went to the kitchen, spoke with Miss Romanic there

and did not hear the gun discharge on the second floor. At roughly

1435 hours, the victim's daughter and her girlfriend returned from

their shopping trip, and Mrs. Viisolas was asked where the victim was.

She replied that he was upstairs and it was when Alexandra

deMohrenschildt went to her father's room that she discovered the body

and screamed for Mrs. Viisola.

During the time between when she last saw the victim alive and

the time his body was discovered, Mrs. Viisola did not see or hear

anything suspicious or out of the ordinary. She did not see any

strangers in or around the residence and did not have reason to

suspect that someone had entered the house without her knowing it (It

should be noted that all doors and windows are equipped with an alarm

system and if any door or window is opened, there is an audible beep

which is heard throughout the house.)

This writer next spoke with White female, LILLIAN ROMANIC (DOB:

09-15-21), who is the cook for Mrs. Tilton, and lives in a small room

at the south end of the residence, off the kitchen. She stated that

on the day of the incident, she arose, at around 0700 hours, dressed,

and went into the kitchen to begin breakfast. At 0730 hours, she fed

the victim his breakfast and saw him drive away in his rental car for

a few minutes and then return. He left for a short while after that

for his appointment in Palm Beach and returned some time after noon.

He ate a light lunch in the kitchen and she witnessed the conversation

between the victim and his daughter, referred to by Mrs. Viisola

above.

After serving lunch, Miss Romanic drove to Lantana, Florida, and

conducted some business at the U.S. Post Office there. She returned

home, encountered Anna Viisola in the kitchen, but spoke to her only

briefly, then went to her room, changed into her bathing suit and went

into the back yard to sun herself. It is estimated that during this

time is when the victim met his death; yet, Miss Romanic did not hear

the shot and did not know that anything had happened until later when

the victim was discovered by his daughter. Miss Romanic did not

observe any strangers in the area during this time, and she did not

have reason to believe that there was any suspicious or unusual

activity in the house.

This writer interviewed Negro male, COLEY WIMBLEY (DOB: 03-25-

00), who is a live-in maintenance man for Mrs. Tilton, who lives in a

small apartment on the south side of the detached garage. According

to him, on the day of the victim's death, he was working outside

tending to gardening chores. Early in the morning, the victim was

observed walking from the house, crossing State Road A1A and going for

a short walk on the beach along the Atlantic Ocean.

He returned, got into his rental car and drove away briefly and

then returned. Mr. Wimbley did not see the victim drive away the

second time for his Palm Beach appointment and did not see him return.

During the time that the shot was fired, Mr. Wimbley was at the back

porch, watering flowers and did not hear the gun discharge. He

admitted to having poor hearing, but he is assisted by a hearing aid,

which he said he was wearing on that date. This writer spoke in a

normal, conversational tone of voice, and Mr. Wimbley did not strain

to hear or ask that anything be repeated, which leads this writer to

believe that the gunshot was not audible from where Mr. Wimbley was

working, even by someone with good, uncorrected hearing. He was asked

if he had seen any strangers around the house prior to the incident,

and he replied that he had been working all around the exterior of the

residence on that day, and he did not see anyone approach the house.

This writer interviewed DIANNE and LAURIE TISDALE, who live at

1720 South Ocean Boulevard, in Manalapan, Florida, but who were

working in an apartment above the garage at the Tilton residence, at

the time of the incident. They were painting and repairing the

apartment, so that Laurie Tisdale could eventually move into it.

Neither of them stated that they heard a gunshot or were suspicious

that anything strange or unusual had occurred in the main house. They

left the apartment to perform an errand, at approximately 4130 hours

[sic], and returned, at 1500 hours, to continue their labors.

Mrs. Nancy Tilton, wife of C.E. Tilton, III, who was away at

their home in Arizona at the time of this incident, was interviewed by

this writer. From her it was learned that the victim's first wife was

married to her cousin and that shortly after his daughter, Alexandra,

was born, Mrs. Tilton took her to raise as her daughter, due to the

fact that the victim's wife had abandoned her at a young age; and Miss

deMohrenschildt has lived with Mrs. Tilton off and on all her life,

and to this day they refer to one another as mother and daughter. She

stated that she has enjoyed the company of Miss deMohrenschildt and

her girlfriend, Katherine Loomis, since they arrived there from Mexico

City, on 15 December, 1976. The victim arrived 16 March, 1977, and

Mrs. Tilton and Miss Loomis drove to the Grey Hound Bus station, in

West Palm Beach to pick him up and transport him to her residence.

During his stay, he discussed previous attempts at suicide while he

was in the Dallas area, in 1976, and expressed feelings of persecution

from unspecified Jewish elements, the Federal government and

blackmailed by an attorney in Dallas, Texas; but she knew that he was

suffering from mental illness and depression and she did not lend

credence to his fears.

On 29, March, 1977, the day of the victim's death, Mrs. Tilton

rose from bed, after the victim had departed for his appointment in

Palm Beach, and did not have the opportunity to speak with him, on

that date. She left at noon for a card-playing appointment at the

home of a friend, MRS. RICHARD KNIGHT, who lives at 225 Sea Breeze

Avenue, and arrived at, roughly 1230 hours. She received a telephone

call from a family friend, ATTORNEY WILLIAM SPROTT, of Palm Beach, at

approximately 1500 hours, or sometime thereafter, advising her of what

had happened and asked her to return home as soon as possible. She

could provide no personal speculation about what had driven the victim

to his unstable mental condition, but thought that it was not one

incident, but the combination of many years of depression and personal

fears (most of which were imagined) which brought him to that state.

This writer spoke with the victim's daughter, ALEXANDRA

deMOHRENSCHILDT (DOB: 12-25-43), who lives at 158 Villa Longine, Mex5

DF, Mexico City, Mexico. She stated that after her father's arrival

at the Tilton residence, on 16 March, 1977, she talked with him at

length and found him to be deeply disturbed about certain matters and

had expressed a desire to commit suicide. At around 1000 hours, on

the day of her father's death, Miss deMohrenschildt answered a knock

at the door and encountered Mr. Gaeton Fonzi, who identified himself

as a Staff Investigator for the House Committee on Assassinations. He

wished to speak with the victim but learned that he was away at a

meeting. Mr. Fonzi stated that he would call later in the day, left

his business card and departed. When the victim returned home, Miss

deMohrenschildt told him over lunch in the kitchen of the

investigator's presence there and of his desire to talk to him. Miss

deMohrenschildt felt that the message was of a personal nature and

related it in Spanish to her father, so that the maid and cook who

were also present in the room would not comprehend what was being

said. The news seemed to upset the victim, but his daughter did not

think that his reaction was overly fearful or dramatic.

After lunch, Miss deMohrenschildt and her friend, Miss Loomis,

went shopping in Boynton Beach and purchased several toilet articles

for her father, as well as things for herself. When she returned

home, at approximately 1435 hours, she entered the house by the rear

kitchen door and inquired of Anna Viisola where her father was. The

response that she received was that he was last seen in his room

upstairs. Miss deMohrenschildt walked to the second floor, entered

her father's room, and placed the bag on a dresser against the north

wall. She then looked to her left and saw her father bent over in the

hallway chair with a pool of blood and shotgun at his feet. She

screamed for Anna and alerted the household to what had happened.

Miss deMohrenschildt stated that her father's relationship with

Presidential assassin, LEE HARVEY OSWALD, was one of coincidence,

rather than friendship. They happened to meet in Dallas, Texas, in

1962, or 1963, as part of a small community of Russian people in that

area. She denied that her father participated in the assassination of

President Kennedy and stated that the has been shadowed with that

suspicion since the murder. This, along with other personal problems,

disturbed the victim to the point where he made several attempts to

take his life, in 1976, and was committed briefly to a mental

institution in Texas.

White female, KATHERINE LOOMIS (DOB: 11-17-41), who lives in

Mexico City with the victim's daughter, stated that when she

encountered the deceased, on 16 March, 1977, he was in a depressed

state and often spoke of his persecution at the hands of the Jews, but

he was never specific; and she attributed it to his mental condition.

On the day of his demise, the victim was last seen alive by Miss

Loomis, at approximately 1330 hours, when she and Miss deMohrenschildt

left to go shopping. When they returned at approximately 1435 hours,

they stopped Coley Wimbley and asked him to carry a case of soda pop,

which was in the car trunk, into the house. Miss Loomis entered via

the rear kitchen door with Mr. Wimbley, followed a minute later by

Miss deMohrenschildt. Miss Loomis heard the victim's daughter ask

where her father was and saw her go upstairs. She heard Miss

deMohrenschildt screaming and learned that the victim was dead.

At 1900 hours, this writer went to Room #4179, at the Breakers

Hotel, in Palm Beach, and contacted MR. EDWARD J. EPSTEIN, the writer

with whom the victim had met earlier in the day. Mr. Epstein has

written a book, called INQUEST, on the Kennedy assassination, as well

as several articles on the topic for leading periodicals. Mr. Epstein

received a request from the deceased several months ago that they

arrange an interview about his friendship with Lee Harvey Oswald, and

Mr. Epstein agreed, but every time an appointment was made to meet,

the victim would break it for one reason or another. The meeting was

finally set up by the victim for Mr. Epstein to come to The Breakers

in Palm Beach and interview him, for which the victim had negotiated a

Four Thousand dollar ($4,000.00) fee.

On 28 March, 1977, the victim went to The Breakers Hotel and

spoke with Mr. Epstein briefly. Mr. Epstein used his American Express

Credit Card Number 3714-614657-01006 to rent the victim a car at the

Hertz rental agency to allow the victim ease of transportation in

getting to and from their meetings. The vehicle, a blue Ford LTD

sedan, Florida license 1E-67209, was driven home by the victim that

day and was used by him the next morning to drive to his first

appointment. At that first interview, Mr. Epstein basically covered

the victim's early life and did not learn very much about his time in

Dallas in the early 1960s and his relationship with Lee Harvey Oswald.

Mr. Epstein did say that his research uncovered a man named, SAM

BALLIN, of Dallas, Texas, who had reportedly received a letter from

the victim, in which the victim stated that he would commit suicide if

Epstein did not believe his story. When asked to elaborate on what he

thought might have been meant by "his story", Mr. Epstein replied that

the took it to mean his relationship with Oswald, the Jewish Mafia,

FBI harassment and other of his fears, either real or imagined. Mr.

Epstein felt that the victim was being deceptive in many of his

answers to questions put to him, but he did not feel that the victim

was under stress and did not seem to mentally deranged, in any way.

At this point, this writer received word that Palm Beach County

State Attorney, David Bludworth, wished to speak to all those who had

knowledge of the deceased, and Mr. Epstein was transported to the Palm

Beach County Courthouse; where, he was questioned by Mr. Bludworth in

the presence of this writer and Lt. Richard Sheets, and Assistant

State Attorney, Carl Harper. Also questioned on this night were Mrs.

Tilton, Miss deMohrenschildt, with their attorney present, Mr. William

Sprott. The tape recording of these conversations was turned over to

Lt. Sheets by Mr. Bludworth to be transcribed and retained as a part

of this investigation.

At 2315 hours, on 29 March, 1977, this writer made contact with

the victim's wife, MRS. JEANNE deMOHRENSCHILDT, in California (Area

Code 213-363-6889), and advised her of her husband's demise; a fact

which she had already been made aware of by several newsmen who had

telephoned her seeking a story. She stated that she has been married

to the victim for the past twenty-one years and noted that over the

past several years he has been acting in an "insane manner". He

constantly was in fear of what he termed the "Jewish Mafia" and the

FBI, but she felt that his fears were groundless. She, personally, in

all her years of marriage to the victim, had never witnessed anything

which would lend credence to any of her husband's fears. On the 9

November, 1976, Mrs. deMohrenschildt signed commitment papers in

Dallas County, Texas, to have her husband placed in a mental home for

treatment. In the affidavit she stated that the victim suffered from

depression, heard voices, saw visions and believed that the FBI and

the Jewish Mafia were persecuting him. She noted that he was, at

times, physically violent and has beaten her to the point that several

of her ribs were broken and several teeth damaged. She went on to say

in the affidavit that the victim had attempted suicide four times in

1976 by slashing his wrists, trying to drown himself in the bath tub,

and twice taking overdoses of medicine. The victim was confined in a

state mental institution for only three months as a result of Mrs.

deMohrenschildt's efforts and was judged to be harmless to himself and

to others and was released.

It should be noted that the victim's body was turned over to

Scobee-Combs Funeral Home, in Boynton Beach, per the request of his

daughter, who followed the recommendation of Mrs. Tilton. The body

was transported to the Bethesda Memorial Hospital morgue; where, on 30

March, 1977, at 1300 hours, an autopsy was performed by Palm Beach

County, Florida, Medical Examiner Dr. Gabino Cuevas, and witnessed by

Detective Gary T. Green. After his post mortem examination was

complete, he concluded that the victim died as a result of a gunshot

wound to the brain, which was indicative of suicide. (For full

details, refer to Det. Green's supplementary report to this

investigation).

On 30 March, 1977, this writer went to WPTV television station,

in West Palm Beach, florida, in an attempt to ascertain the exact time

of death, based on the television program which was being recorded at

the Tilton home. The television show was "The Doctors", day time

serial which was being broadcasted from New York City by the NBC

Television Network, from 1400 hours to 1500 hours, on that day. Side

number two of the tape cassette begins in the middle of a Betty

Crocker frosting mix commercial and then leads into a General Mills

Golden Gram commercial, which according to a computer read-out from

NBC in New York began at 2:19 and 11 seconds. Two other commercials

follow and they end at 2:20 and 40 seconds. Twenty-three seconds

later the shotgun blast, which took the victim's life, can be heard

over the television show, thus, establishing the time of death at

2:21.03 P.M. EST (Eastern Standard Time).

From interviews with the principals in this case, and after

reviewing the non-television-related sounds on the tape cassette, the

following outline of activities and times was assembled; (it will be

recalled that the Rawlins Alarm System installed in the Tilton

residence produces an audible beep when the doors or windows are

opened). The first beep is explained as being Miss Romanic, the cook,

walking out the back door to sun herself for a while in the back yard.

At 2:21.03 P.M, the gunshot is audible and almost immediately

something is heard falling to the floor, believed to be the shotgun

falling, or catapulted by the blast, to the floor. No other sounds

are heard until 2:23 P.M., when the door beeper again sounds, this

time it is Mrs. Viisola taking a bag of garbage out the rear door and

disposing of it in a trash can immediately to the right (south) of the

door. At 2:26 P.M., the rear door beeps again and is Miss Romanic

coming in from the back yard.

No sounds, other than the t.v. show, are heard until 2:37 P.M.,

when the door beeper is heard when Miss Loomis and Coley Wimbley enter

the house via the back door after the shopping trip. Another beep is

heard a short time after that, at 2:38 P.M., which is the victim's

daughter entering the rear door.

At 2:39 P.M., a woman's voice apparently coming form the end of

the upstairs hallway can be clearly heard, "Hey, where is he?" and is

known to be Miss deMohrenschildt. Twenty seconds later the shrieks of

Miss deMohrenschildt can be heard as she discovers the body of her

father and is taken downstairs.

At 2:46 P.M., the sound of a siren nearing the Tilton residence

can be heard, thus, marking the arrival of the Manalapan police units.

This writers investigation has failed to produce any evidence

which would tend to indicate that the victim met his death by any

means other than by his own hand. All of the facts indicate that he

was a disturbed man, who, at the time of his death, was suffering from

the same overwhelming mental pressures which must have surely prompted

his four prior suicide attempts, in Texas, in 1976. This death

investigation is, therefore, declared to be a suicide and is hereby

EXCEPTIONALLY CLEARED.

THIS CASE IS EXCEPTIONALLY CLEARED.

This report transcribed from tape: On 4 April, 1977 by Linda E.

Albritton.

Reporting Deputy(writer): Det. Thomas Neighbors/lea

Deputy No. 5104

Case Number: 77-11753

Date: 3-29-77

SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT ON GEORGE deMOHRENSCHILDT

Reporting Deputy: Det. John M. Skebe/lea

On 3-29-77, the undersigned investigator, at the request of Det.

Sgt. Louie Lee, responded to 1780 South Ocean Boulevard, for the

purpose of assisting investigators during the investigation of the

shooting death of the above victim.

Upon arrival, contact was made with Det. Lt. Sheets and Det. Sgt.

Louie Lee. Having reported to the above officers, it was determined

that, at the earliest possible convenience, this investigator would

assist with Statements, in reference to the above investigation.

This investigator entered the residence and responded to the

upstairs area of the house involving the crime scene area.

Observation was made of a White male, sitting in a chair surrounded by

a pool of blood. Also, a shotgun was observed in close proximity to

the body. This investigator assisted briefly by locating individuals,

delivering messages, and acting generally as an observer during this

portion of the investigation.

After removal of the body, this investigator was assigned to

respond to the Delray Beach Sub-station, pickup recording equipment,

and return to the residence at 1780 South Ocean Boulevard, and there

obtain statements from the upstairs chamber maid and the cook. This

was done, and, on return to the residence, interviews were started.

At this point, contact was made with Lt. Bondick, Acting Captain of

the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Delray Beach Sub-station, who

advised that the taped statements of the employees were to be held for

a short period of time. At this point, this investigator was

instructed to respond to the Palm Beach County Courthouse, Office of

the State Attorney, Mr. David Bludworth, with the White female, known

as the daughter, ALEXANDRA DONNA deMOHRENSCHILDT, for the purpose of

interview by investigators of the State Attorney's Office and the Palm

Beach County Sheriff's Office. At this time, this investigator

followed ALEXANDRA deMOHRENSCHILDT, as well as MRS. TILTON and an

attorney to the Palm Beach county courthouse. While at the

courthouse, this investigator maintained a position outside the

interview room, answering phone calls and assisting in any other way

possible. Upon conclusion of the interviews by the State Attorney's

Office, incoordination with the Sheriff's Office, this investigator

accompanied Det. Lt. Sheets, Det Sgt. Louie Lee, and Det. Tom

Neighbors to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Central Office.

While at the Central Office, this investigator assisted Det. Sgt. Lee

in separating items from the brief case being held in the possession

of Lt. Sheets. Certain items of evidence marked earlier by Lt. Sheets

were placed in numerical order; while other items were checked. Upon

completion of this basic inventory, copies were make for investigative

purposes.

This investigator then secured from the investigation for the

evening. On the morning of 3-30-77, this investigator returned to

1780 South Ocean Boulevard, Manalapan, Florida; where, taped

interviews were obtained from ANNA VIISOLA, DOB: 07-08-17, and LILLIAN

ROMANIC, DOB: 09-15-21.

On 3-31-77, this investigator met with investigators at the Palm

Beach County Sheriff's Office Central Division; where, the

investigation was to be critiqued. At this point, it was determined

that this investigator would obtain a telephone toll subpoena in

reference to the above investigation for the time period of

approximately 10 March, 1977, thru 30 March, 1077, for the residence

telephone locate at 1780 South Ocean Boulevard, Manalapan, Florida,

identified as the Tilton residence, at 582-4180. The subpoena was

obtained from the State Attorney's Office and served on Southern Bell

Telephone Company, on 3-31-77. The tolls will be ready tentatively

during the first week of April, 1977.

Also, the undersigned investigator responded to the Palm Beach

County Sheriff's Office Communications Division; where, a cassette

tape recording made from the dictaphone 40000 recording equipment, in

regards to a call made to the Department by an anonymous caller. This

tape will be held for the investigation.

Also, interviews were conducted at 1215 North Lake Way, Palm

Beach, Florida; at which time, contact was made with a MR. GABRIEL

ALLEN. It is noted for the official records that nothing of any

substance was obtained from the interview with Mr. Allen. As of the

evening of 3-31-77, the undersigned investigator has not additional

information in regards to this case, other than that received through

the reporting process of other detectives assigned various parts of

the investigation. This report will be added as a supplemental to the

existing reports.

CRIME SCENE REPORT

Death Investigation

Crime 9545

Grid Code # 12500

Date 3-29-77, Tuesday

Case Number #77-11753

Location of Crime--1780 South Ocean Boulevard, Manalapan

Florida

Victim--George deMohrenschildt

Investigator--Det. Gary T. Green/lea

At 1500 hours, on Tuesday, March 29, 1977, writer was requested

by Det. Sgt. Louie Lee to proceed to 1780 South Ocean Boulevard, in

Manalapan, Florida, for the purpose of assisting with the

investigation of possible suicide.

Upon arrival at 1520 hours, the weather was noted to be clear and

sunny with the temperature approximately 82 degrees. Writer met with

Chief Meadows and Officer McBride of the Manalapan Police Department,

who both briefed writer of facts pertaining to this investigation,

stating that a guest in the home of MRS. NANCY TILTON had been found

dead in the sitting room.

SCENE; The scene where the body was located was in a sitting room

on the second floor and the south end of this three-story, wood-frame

residence, which is situated on the west side of South Ocean

Boulevard. The front faces the east; however, the entrance mainly

used is at the rear, or on the west side.

A hallway runs through the middle of the second floor, separating

bedrooms and other rooms on this floor. The sitting room already

mentioned is on the west side of the hallway. The only room south of

this room is a study and to the north is a bedroom, which has an

entrance form this sitting room and another entrance from the hallway.

The bedroom of Mrs. Tilton is in the southeastern most corner of the

home on the second floor. Two other bedrooms are located on the north

end of the residence.

The room in which the body was located measured 7 feet from north

to south, and 12 feet 7 inches from east to west. Contents of the

room consisted only of a chest-of-drawers against the north wall, a

book-case against the east wall, and a stuffed armed chair in the

southwest corner, facing in a northeasterly direction. In this chair

the body of a White male was seated on the front edge of the cushioned

seat, bent forward and leaning to the left. Both arms were between

the legs; the left arm was crossed over in front of the body, and the

elbow was resting of the left knee; and the right arm was hanging

straight down and the hand touching the floor. The right leg was

outstretched, and the right foot was on a small throw rug. The left

leg was bent slightly at the knee and the upper portion of a double-

barrel shotgun was resting on the top of the left foot. The butt of

the weapon was in a northwesterly direction.

The throw rug already mentioned was rumpled slightly, in the area

of the victim's feet. The deceased was clothed in a pair of tan

slacks and a blue, turtle-neck sweater, and black socks. A watch was

on the left wrist.

A large quantity of blood was on the floor below the area of the

victim's head. Also, blood was noted on the pants leg of the

deceased, the front and left side of the skirt of the chair, and

spattering of blood were noted on the lower outside door frame to the

bathroom immediately west of the body and on the lower portion of the

west wall, between the bathroom and the bedroom, and on the lower legs

of the chest-of-drawers and on the north wall and door frame of the

doorway to the bedroom.

The weapon, when examined, was found to be a .20-gauge Ithaca

double-barrel shotgun, Serial Number 6114893. The right chamber

contained an empty Western Number 9 shot .20-gauge shotgun shell. The

left chamber contained a live shotgun shell of Number 9 shot, also

made by Western. The weapon measured forty-four-and-one-half

inches(441/2") in length and twenty-eight inches (28") from the tip of

the barrel to the trigger. This weapon was later processed for the

presence of latent fingerprints; however, none were developed, largely

due to the heavy concentration of blood on the barrel and stock of the

weapon.

Further, writer was advised by Mrs. Tilton that this shotgun was

hers and that she kept the same next to her bed and extra shells in a

night stand also next to her bed. In this night stand writer

collected a box containing twenty-one shotgun shells, all of which

were Western AA Number 9 shot.

After photographs were taken of the body from all directions, the

deceased was placed in an upright position for examination of any

wounds. Once this was done, writer observed a blackening of both eyes

and blood was coming from the mouth, nose, and ear. No signs of

injury were noted on the face or head; however, the jaw appeared to be

fractured, and the left side of the face was sunken, indicating that

the wound was possibly in the mouth.

EXAMINATIONS: At 1655 hours, Det. Sgt. Ben Green, Supervisory of

the Crime Scene Unit, arrived at the scene. At which time, he

assisted writer in photographing the other rooms of the second floor

of this residence, and with the processing for fingerprints in the

room in which the deceased was found and the bedroom he had been using

since his arrival in the Tilton home. Said bedroom is located north

of the sitting room, and it consisted of a double bed with head

against the east wall and two night stands on each side of the bed.

The bed was unmade, and on top of the sheets was a hard-back edition

of The Sensuous Woman and a pair of reading glasses. A desk was

against the north wall; a vanity was against the west wall; and a

chest-of-drawers was against the south wall. A window air conditioner

was in the south window of the west wall, and the other window to the

north of the window containing the air conditioner was closed.

A drab olive green attache case containing personal papers

belonging to the deceased was found on a chair in this bedroom. This

was turned over to Lt. Sheets upon his arrival at the scene and later

returned to writer, on 31 March, 1977, by Lt. Sheets. For a list of

contents of this attache case, see the attached property receipt and

inventory.

Found in the right front pants pocket of the deceased was Two

Hundred and seventy-nine dollars and seventy cents ($279.70) in U.S.

Coins and Currency. In the left front pocket was a Christian Dior

pouch and a plastic check folder, which contained miscellaneous

personal papers. Also in this pocket was a clipping of a front-page

headline from the Dallas Morning News, dated Sunday, March 20, 1977,

with the headline reading: "MENTAL ILLS OF OSWALD CONFIDANT TOLD."

At 1810 hours, the body was removed from the scene by Mike Bowden

and Don Combs of Scobee-Combs Funeral Home and transported to Bethesda

Memorial Hospital, in Boynton Beach, for further examinations.

At 1830 hours, writer proceeded with further examinations of the

deceased at the Bethesda Hospital morgue. Additional photographs were

taken of the victim, the clothing collected, and the hands were

swabbed for the possibility of obtaining gunshot residue through

neutron activation analysis. The body was fingerprinted, and palm

prints were obtained along with pubic and head hair samples. The only

wound on the body was in the left side of the roof of the mouth. The

shotgun at the scene, as already mentioned, measured forty-four inches

in length, and twenty-eight inches for the tip of the barrel to the

trigger. From the center of the victim's lip to the tip of the right

thumb measured thirty-three inches, and to the tip of the index finger

measured thirty-five inches.

AUTOPSY: On Wednesday, 30 March, 1977, at 0830 hours, writer

spoke with Dr. Cuevas, Assistant Medical Examiner, at Bethesda

Hospital; and facts pertaining to this investigation were related;

and, at this time, an autopsy was scheduled with authorization having

been obtained from David Bludworth, State Attorney of Palm Beach

County, Florida. At 1400 hours, the autopsy was begun on the

deceased. Prior to the beginning, however, x-rays were taken by x-ray

technicians from the radiology department of Bethesda Hospital.

During the course of this examination by Dr. Cuevas, writer was

present and received small pieces of lead as they were collected from

the brain and skull area. Also recovered was the plastic wadding from

the shotgun shell. Further, blood and urine samples were obtained by

Dr. Cuevas, and these were transported to the Crime Laboratory by this

investigator, on 31 March, 1977. Dr. Cuevas stated that the wound

was, in fact, in the left side of the upper maxilla and that the

pellets from the shotgun shell traveled upward front to back and right

to left.

On 31 March, 1977, writer learned from Mrs. Tilton, owner of the

residence where the victim was found, of the alarm system, which is

wired through the residence, located at 1780 South Ocean Boulevard,

Manalapan, Florida. Mrs. Tilton stated that at night or while no one

is at the residence the alarm system is activated so if anyone breaks

or enters the doors or windows on the alarm system, an audible alarm

will be activated in the residence, and the Rawlins Protective Service

Company is notified who, in turn, notifies the Manalapan Police

Department. When there is someone present in the home, the system is

set so when a window or door is opened a high-pitched beep is made and

is heard in Mrs. Tilton's bedroom and in the downstairs's kitchen.

Mrs. Tilton went on to state that the third floor and the windows on

the south side second floor are not on the alarm system.

EVIDENCE: Photographs taken of the scene of the body and during

the autopsy will be on file with this agency. The following is a list

of property collected and is pertinent to this investigation:

1. Olive green attache case with miscellaneous personal items and

papers (See attached property receipts)

2. Paper items from pants pockets ( See attached property

receipts)

3. Three Hundred seventy-nine dollars and seventy cents in US

coins and currency

4. A pair of brown-framed reading glasses

5. A man's wrist watch

6. Clothing of the deceased

7. .20-gauge Ithaca double-barrel shotgun, Serial Number 6114893.

7.(A) Empty .20-gauge Western Number 9 shot shotgun shell

7.(B) Live .20-gauge Western Number 9 shot shotgun shell

8. A box of Western AA .20-gauge Number shot shotgun shells

9. Pellets removed from the victim

10. Plastic wadding removed from victim

11. Neutron activation swabs from the victim's hands

All of these items mentioned above will be in the custody of this

officer until further notice.

This report transcribed from tape: 5 April, 1977, By Linda E.

Albritton

Reporting Deputy is Det. Gary T. Green/lea

CRIME SCENE REPORT

Case 77-11753

Article by Sgt. B. Green

On Tuesday 29 March 1977 at 1625 hours, this officer received a

telephonic request at my home from Lieutenant Sheets to proceed to the

above location and assist with the investigation of a death at that

location.

Upon my arrival at the above locatio, this officer met with

Lieutenant Sheets, Detective Gary Green, Sergeant Lee, Detectives

Neighbors and Skebe. Also on the scene was Chief Meadows of the

Manalapan Police Department.

The scene of the death occurred in a three-story wood dwelling

which is situated on the west side of A!A, with the rear of the

dwelling adjoining the intracoastal waterway.

The room where the death actually occurred was located on the

second floor, in a chair which was situated in the southwest corner of

a hallway, or drawing room, leading from the victim's bedroom to the

bathroom.

Upon entering this room, this officer observed the body of the

deceased situated in the aforementioned chair; also noted on the floor

at the victim's foot was a shotgun and a large amount of red substance

appearing to be blood. This officer further noted blood to be located

on the bathroom wall and the wall leading to the deceased's bedroom.

See Detective Gary Green's report for details of this Crime

Scene, as he is the primary crime scene investigator, and the

undersigned was on the scene only to assist Detective Green and to

supervise the crime scene investigation.

This officer assisted Detective Green by photographing all of the

rooms on the second floor of the dwelling, with the exception of the

area where the deceased was, and the deceased's bedroom. These

photographs were taken by Detective Gary Green.

This officer further examined each of the windows and noted them

to being a locked position, either the screen or the window itself.

Upon examining Mrs. Tilton's room, this officer observed three

cassette tapes. These tapes were collected by this officer and

submitted to Detective Gary Green.

Also removed from the deceased's bedroom were two hardback books.

These books were submitted to Detective Green.

This officer further assisted Detective Gary Green by processing

the are around the body for latent fingerprints, and also examining

and processing the room where the deceased had been living. Latent

fingerprints which were developed by this officer were submitted to

Detective Green.

In addition to photographing the rooms on the second floor of the

residence, this officer further photographed the entire exterior of

the residence, and on Wednesday 30 March 1977, this officer took

aerial photographs of the dwelling, and surrounding area.

Further, upon completion of my examination of the scene on 29

March 1977, this officer proceeded to Bethesda Hospital, where I met

with Detective Green, who had at this time, almost completed his

examination of the body at the morgue. This officer did assist

Detective Green with the measurements of the victim's arm length.

This concludes this investigator's investigation of this case as

of this date.

============================================================

Did you notice that the body was cremated? Did you notice that, despite

him supposedly sticking the gun INTO his mouth and FIRING, there was no

exit wound from a shot?

This is a very important document.

--

Lisa Pease

having read all that, I would ask:

1) was there a continuous beeping or just the intermittent ones which are explained, in the report, as specific people entering and exiting?

2) if we believe it was murder, why no sightings of anyone or anything which indicated illicit entry? There were people around. Were the killers just lucky?

3) yes, cremated, but many people are cremated every year. This is a family decision.

4) bear in mind that the "murder" of DeMohrenschildt is not essential to the conspiracy belief - he may have been under unbearable pressure from various others involved in the assassination, there may even have been threats against his daughter and other family members; he may have seen suicide as a relatively honorable way out of things - espeically knowing that he was about to come under Congressional scrutiny.

5) there is a quote from him somewhere that I cannot put my finger on in which he indicates that, once it became common knowledge that he had a relationship with Oswald, things just started to crash for him - I may be remembering this wrongly, not sure. But the above is not compelling evidence of suicide (even bearing in mind Lisa Pease's note of the absence of an exit wound).

personally I believe Demohrenschildt's role was "need to know." He managed Oswald, he watched things and took care of certain logistical things; but there is little evidence that he was aware that the assassination was in progress.

Edited by Allen Lowe

Proponents of the DeM. was murdered theory will have to explain how the killer(s):

- got in an out of the house without being noticed by any of the other people in the house. The maid went into the room adjoining the hall where he was shot minutes beforehand and saw short before.

- killed him apparently without a struggle or any sounds loud enough to be picked up on the tape

- got away from the crime scene without tracking any of the considerable amount of blood.

I am not sure why people find the suicide of a man who was highly depressed and tried to kill himself several times before suspicious.

The lack of an exit wound is not so mysterious.

Textbook of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology : Principles and Practice

“SHOTGUN EXIT WOUNDS Shotgun exit wounds are uncommon, especially when the areas involved are the wider ones, i.e. chest, abdomen, etc. This is due to the fact that the residual energy of independent pellets is usually insufficient for them to emerge through such wider parts, owing to their meagre mass and relatively low velocity”

http://books.google.com.br/books?id=pOd2EVL5xAwC&pg=PA252

“Unlike exit wounds created by rifled weapons, shotguns do not generally give rise to exit wounds unless there is a contact wound to the head, for example (where the exit wound is actually a reflection of the explosive effect of the gases expanding in the enclosed cranial vault), or where there is a ‘through-and-through’ wound to a limb at close range. Head wounds demonstrate ragged and irregular exit defects due to fragmentation of cranial contents with everted edges.”

http://www.forensicmed.co.uk/wounds/firearms/gunshot-wounds-smooth-bore-weapons/

“Shotguns: Rarely produce exit wound because they traverse the body”

http://www.slideshare.net/dr.salhab/firearm-injuries

Proponents of the DeM. was murdered theory will have to explain how the killer(s):

- got in an out of the house without being noticed by any of the other people in the house. The maid went into the room adjoining the hall where he was shot minutes beforehand and saw short before.

- killed him apparently without a struggle or any sounds loud enough to be picked up on the tape

- got away from the crime scene without tracking any of the considerable amount of blood.

I am not sure why people find the suicide of a man who was highly depressed and tried to kill himself several times before suspicious.

"SHOTGUN EXIT WOUNDS Shotgun exit wounds are uncommon, especially when the areas involved are the wider ones, i.e. chest, abdomen, etc. This is due to the fact that the residual energy of independent pellets is usually insufficient for them to emerge through such wider parts, owing to their meagre mass and relatively low velocity"

http://books.google....L5xAwC&pg=PA252

"Unlike exit wounds created by rifled weapons, shotguns do not generally give rise to exit wounds unless there is a contact wound to the head, for example (where the exit wound is actually a reflection of the explosive effect of the gases expanding in the enclosed cranial vault), or where there is a 'through-and-through' wound to a limb at close range. Head wounds demonstrate ragged and irregular exit defects due to fragmentation of cranial contents with everted edges."

http://www.forensicm...h-bore-weapons/

"Shotguns: Rarely produce exit wound because they traverse the body"

http://www.slideshar...irearm-injuries

What it doesn't say, Len, is that it NEVER happens. It does make a point of actually stating it can and does. So... rare... yes.... unheard of... no.

What is impossible is this scenario, quoting from the police reposted posted by Bernice:

"At 2:21.03 P.M, the gunshot is audible and almost immediately something is heard falling to the floor, believed to be the shotgun falling, or catapulted by the blast, to the floor."

"The left leg was bent slightly at the knee and the upper portion of a double-barrel shotgun was resting on the top of the left foot."

Either the noise picked up was not the sound of the shotgun hitting the floor -- or the shotgun was moved and placed across deM's foot - because if it had fallen on his foot, the noise would be muffled -- and in any case, it probably bounces off. The opposite is very unlike - that it bounces off the floor and onto his foot.

I am also extremely puzzled by a woman of such obvious wealth and a great interest in keeping up with favorite soap operas, not owning one of these little beauties:

http://www.oldtechnology.net/detailsn1502.html

Not accusing anyone of anything... just saying...

"SHOTGUN EXIT WOUNDS Shotgun exit wounds are uncommon, especially when the areas involved are the wider ones, i.e. chest, abdomen, etc. This is due to the fact that the residual energy of independent pellets is usually insufficient for them to emerge through such wider parts, owing to their meagre mass and relatively low velocity"

http://books.google....L5xAwC&pg=PA252

"Unlike exit wounds created by rifled weapons, shotguns do not generally give rise to exit wounds unless there is a contact wound to the head, for example (where the exit wound is actually a reflection of the explosive effect of the gases expanding in the enclosed cranial vault), or where there is a 'through-and-through' wound to a limb at close range. Head wounds demonstrate ragged and irregular exit defects due to fragmentation of cranial contents with everted edges."

http://www.forensicm...h-bore-weapons/

"Shotguns: Rarely produce exit wound because they traverse the body"

http://www.slideshar...irearm-injuries

What it doesn't say, Len, is that it NEVER happens. It does make a point of actually stating it can and does. So... rare... yes.... unheard of... no.

What is impossible is this scenario, quoting from the police reports posted by Bernice:

"At 2:21.03 P.M, the gunshot is audible and almost immediately something is heard falling to the floor, believed to be the shotgun falling, or catapulted by the blast, to the floor."

"The left leg was bent slightly at the knee and the upper portion of a double-barrel shotgun was resting on the top of the left foot."

Either the noise picked up was not the sound of the shotgun hitting the floor -- or the shotgun was moved and placed across deM's foot - because if it had fallen on his foot, the noise would be muffled -- and in any case, it probably bounces off. The opposite is very unlike - that it bounces off the floor and onto his foot.

I am also extremely puzzled by a woman of such obvious wealth and a great interest in keeping up with favorite soap operas, not owning one of these little beauties:

http://www.oldtechno...tailsn1502.html

Not accusing anyone of anything... just saying... (edit add: that the audio tape used conveniently picks up external sound... a video recorder does not...)

John Woods writes:

Jimmy D is working on it. I'm sure he will share.

BK

Sounds good and thanks Mr K.