The Education Forum

We're Losing Our Constitution

Terry Mauro sent me this email. I'm terrified. This is the culmination of the Kennedy Assassination. The New World Order. And the Senate passed the bill and it might already be signed by Obama.

Re: Going to hell in a bucket...Happy New Year???

Theresa Mauro

From a post from The EF on December 13th:

Lastly, as I write this, a bill has been introduced that, at some point will probably wind up on Pres. Obama's desk. The bill has a provision for the "indefinite detention of American civilians without cause and without trial."

I find it ironic that one of the defenders of Lee Harvey Oswald was the ACLU and it is their heads up, that brought this fact to my attention in the first place.

If you are interested here is one of several URL's...

http://www.thenewame...ut-charge-trial

In what may be a tale too bizarre to be believed by millions of Americans, the U.S. Senate appears ready to pass a bill that will designate the entire earth, including the United States and its territories, one all-encompassing "battlefield" in the global "war on terror" and ]authorize the detention of Americans suspected of terrorist ties indefinitely and without trial or even charges being filed that would necessitate a trial. The bill could come to a vote as early as today, according to a bulletin issued by the American Civil Liberties Union. The legislation "goes to the very heart of who we are as Americans," the ACLU statement said, describing the bill as having moved toward passage while most Americans were celebrating Thanksgiving and a long holiday weekend for millions of U.S. workers. "The Senate will be voting on a bill that will direct American military resources [not at an enemy shooting at our military in a war zone, at American citizens and other civilians far from any battlefield — even people in the United States, the ACLU warned. Labeled the [National Defense Authorization Act, S. 1867[/color] was drafted in secret by Senators Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.) and approved in a closed-door committee meeting, according to the ACLU statement.

Where was the media on all of this

"Could come to a vote today"......?

NDAA: Congress Signed Its Own Arrest Warrants

By Naomi Wolf, Naomi Wolf's Blog

02 January 12

Responding to the Senate's overwhelming passage of the 'Homeland Battlefield' bill, Ms. Wolf first published this piece on December 12, 2011. However, her argument took on new relevance over the weekend when President Obama used the media blackout of the holiday season to quietly sign the bill during a vacation in Hawaii. - JPS/RSNrsn_editorcomment_02.jpg

rsn-I.jpg never thought I would have to write this: but - incredibly - Congress has now passed the National Defense Appropriations Act, with Amendment 1031, which allows for the military detention of American citizens. The amendment is so loosely worded that any American citizen could be held without due process. The language of this bill can be read to assure Americans that they can challenge their detention - but most people do not realize what this means: at Guantanamo and in other military prisons, one's lawyer's calls are monitored, witnesses for one's defense are not allowed to testify, and one can be forced into nudity and isolation. Incredibly, ninety-three Senators voted to support this bill and now most of Congress: a roster of names that will live in infamy in the history of our nation, and never be expunged from the dark column of the history books.

They may have supported this bill because - although it's hard to believe - they think the military will only arrest active members of Al Qaida; or maybe, less naively, they believe that 'at most', low-level dissenting figures, activists, or troublesome protesters might be subjected to military arrest. But they are forgetting something critical:history shows that those who signed this bill will soon be subject to arrest themselves.

Our leaders appear to be supporting this bill thinking that they will always be what they are now, in the fading light of a once-great democracy - those civilian leaders who safely and securely sit in freedom and DIRECT the military. In inhabiting this bubble, which their own actions are about to destroy, they are cocooned by an arrogance of power, placing their own security in jeopardy by their own hands, and ignoring history and its inevitable laws. The moment this bill becomes law, though Congress is accustomed, in a weak democracy, to being the ones who direct and control the military, the power roles will reverse: Congress will no longer be directing and in charge of the military: rather, the military will be directing and in charge of individual Congressional leaders, as well as in charge of everyone else - as any Parliamentarian in any society who handed this power over to the military can attest.[

Perhaps Congress assumes that it will always only be 'they' who are targeted for arrest and military detention: but sadly, Parliamentary leaders are the first to face pressure, threats, arrest and even violence when the military obtains the power to make civilian arrests and hold civilians in military facilities without due process. There is no exception to this rule.

Just as I traveled the country four years ago warning against the introduction of torture and secret prisons - and confidently offering a hundred thousand dollar reward to anyone who could name a nation that allowed torture of the 'other' that did not eventually turn this abuse on its own citizens - (confident because I knew there was no such place) - so today I warn that one cannot name a nation that gave the military the power to make civilian arrests and hold citizens in military detention, that did not almost at once turn that power almost against members of that nation's own political ruling class.

This makes sense - the obverse sense of a democracy, in which power protects you; political power endangers you in a militarized police state: the more powerful a political leader is, ]the more can be gained in a militarized police state by pressuring, threatening or even arresting him or her.

Mussolini, who created the modern template for fascism, was a duly elected official when he started to direct paramilitary forces against Italian citizens: yes, he sent the Blackshirts to beat up journalists, editors, and union leaders; but where did these militarized groups appear most dramatically and terrifyingly, snapping at last the fragile hold of Italian democracy? In the halls of the Italian Parliament. Whom did they physically attack and intimidate? Mussolini's former colleagues in Parliament - as they sat, just as our Congress is doing, peacefully deliberating and debating the laws.

Whom did Hitler's Brownshirts arrest in the first wave of mass arrests in 1933? Yes, journalists, union leaders and editors; but they also targeted local and regional political leaders and dragged them off to secret prisons and to torture [/color]that the rest of society had turned a blind eye to when it had been directed at the 'other.'

Who was most at risk from assassination or arrest and torture, after show trials, in Stalin's Russia? Yes, journalists, editors and dissidents: but also physically endangered, and often arrested by militarized police and tortured or worse, were Senior members of the Politburo who had fallen out of favor.

Is this intimidation and arrest by the military a vestige of the past? Hardly. We forget in America that all over the world there are militarized societies in which shells of democracy are propped up - in which Parliament meets regularly and elections are held, but the generals are really in charge, just as the Egyptian military is proposing with upcoming elections and the Constitution itself.

That is exactly what will take place if Congress gives the power of arrest and detention to the military: and in those societies if a given political leader does not please the generals, he or she is in physical danger or subjected to military arrest. Whom did John Perkins, author of Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, say he was directed to intimidate and threaten when he worked as a 'jackal', putting pressure on the leadership in authoritarian countries? Latin American parliamentarians who were in the position to decide the laws that affected the well-being of his corporate clients.

Who is under house arrest by the military in Myanmar? The political leader of the opposition to the military junta. Malalai Joya is an Afghani parliamentarian who has run afoul of the military and has to sleep in a different venue every night - for her own safety. An on, and on, in police states - that is, countries with military detention of civilians - that America is about to join.

US Congresspeople and Senators may think that their power protects them from the treacherous wording of Amendments 1031 and 1032: but their arrogance is leading them to a blindness that is suicidal. The moment they sign this NDAA into law, History shows that they themselves and their staff are the most physically endangered by it. They will immediately become, not the masters of the great might of the United States military, but if history is any guide - and every single outcome of ramping up police state powers. Unfortunately, that I have warned for years that history points to, has come to pass - sadly but inevitably -- its very first targets.

©2011 Google - Terms & Privacy

Kathy C

You say something that someone in the goverment does not like you may windup in a 3rd world country in a black cell

and never seen again.

Ditto all Citizens of the world.

--------

Julian Assange: iPhone, Blackberry and Gmail users are 'screwed' - video

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/video/2011/dec/02/julian-assange-iphone-blackberry-gmail-surveillance-screwed-video

------------------------

https://s3-us2.ixquick.com/do/search?cmd=process_search&pid=0c8732d9304f5067e1c9b32e218f9467

http://wikileaks.org/

Wikileaks: The Spy Files

2011-12-01 Mass interception of entire populations is not only a reality, it is a secret new industry spanning 25 countries

It sounds like something out of Hollywood, but as of today, mass interception systems, built by Western intelligence contractors, including for ’political opponents’ are a reality.

Today WikiLeaks began releasing a database of hundreds of documents from as many as 160 intelligence contractors in the mass surveillance industry. Working with Bugged Planet and Privacy International, as well as media organizations form six countries – ARD in Germany, The Bureau of Investigative Journalism in the UK, The Hindu in India, L’Espresso in Italy, OWNI in France and the Washington Post in the U.S. Wikileaks is shining a light on this secret industry that has boomed since September 11, 2001 and is worth billions of dollars per year. WikiLeaks has released 287 documents today, but the Spy Files project is ongoing and further information will be released this week and into next year.

You can download torrent archive containing all released files from here.

My two centimes to this Kindergarten thread

If I remember correctly McCloy, of the Warren seven, said something to the effect: the constitution is nothing but a scrap of paper. He said further: I don't give a damn to world opinion. Power is the only thing that counts. (quote-Schlesinger: A thousand days...)

There were, there are, and there will be men above the law.

Therefore, Katy, to some men, there never was a constitution and your opinion doesn't count.

:cheers

Edited by Karl Kinaski

You say something that someone in the goverment does not like you may windup in a 3rd world country in a black cell

and never seen again.

Like Yuri Nosenko...but his cell was in W.D.C...nothing new under the sun... :zzz :zzz :zzz

KK

and never seen again.

Quite so Mark but some of them are more "equal" than others and will escape the wrath of the comintern oops I meant comittee oops again maybe we should just call them the history men!.

Ian

Guest Tom Scully

I cannot back Ron Paul, politically, despite his rational descriptions of the out of control U.S. security state, because Paul cheerleads for unregulated, predatory capitalism and and a fundamentalist religious influenced domestic makeover, and if I support Obama, I'd have to agree to this to avoid being a hypocrite.:

http://www.salon.com/2011/12/31/progressives_and_the_ron_paul_fallacies/singleton

....Yes, I’m willing to continue to have Muslim children slaughtered by covert drones and cluster bombs, and America’s minorities imprisoned by the hundreds of thousands for no good reason, and the CIA able to run rampant with no checks or transparency, and privacy eroded further by the unchecked Surveillance State, and American citizens targeted by the President for assassination with no due process, and whistleblowers threatened with life imprisonment for “espionage,” and the Fed able to dole out trillions to bankers in secret, and a substantially higher risk of war with Iran (fought by the U.S. or by Israel with U.S. support) in exchange for less severe cuts to Social Security, Medicare and other entitlement programs, the preservation of the Education and Energy Departments, more stringent environmental regulations, broader health care coverage, defense of reproductive rights for women, stronger enforcement of civil rights for America’s minorities, a President with no associations with racist views in a newsletter, and a more progressive Supreme Court........

UPDATE: Also, President Obama today signed the NDAA and its indefinite detention provisions into law (a law which Paul vehemently opposed); the ACLU statement — explaining that “President Obama’s action today is a blight on his legacy because he will forever be known as the president who signed indefinite detention without charge or trial into law” and “Any hope that the Obama administration would roll back the constitutional excesses of George Bush in the war on terror was extinguished today” – is here.

Kathleen, I've been meaning to post to you that the humid climate in Tampa is something you need to get yourself permanently away from, given your respiratory system diagnosis.

I cannot stomach voting for any of these ridiculous major party sponsored choices, and I don't want to sit around here witnessing the eradication of our constitutionally guaranteed rights. Belize seems like a reasonable alternative to retire to as a political refugee, but it is probably a place prone at times to excessive humidity.

This might be an area to consider living out your days in to promote your health and politic sensibilities.: http://www.chapalaclub.com/

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=30731&st=20

Fred Reed has lived in Ajijic, Jalisco, Mex., for eight years, his advice.:

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Downhill.shtml

....People email me, asking where I would go if I were trying to get out of the crumbling US before the roof falls in. Argentina. Thailand. Viet Nam. China. Pederably to a country without oil. Chile. Maybe Uruguay. Almost anywhere in Europe if you can afford it. Mexico is a fine place, but getting dicey. Very dicey.