The Education Forum

Lansdale Had A Hand In It.

Guest Duncan MacRae

Guest Duncan MacRae

David Llewellyn Smith at my own forum, has made an interesting observation which has everyone puzzled.

The alleged Lansdale figure appears to have a right hand on his left arm.

My guess is that it must be a prosthetic hand attached wrongly.

Any other suggestions?

Try and put your left hand in this guy's position.

Lansdale.jpg

Lansdale.jpg

Edited by Duncan MacRae

Cmon now Duncan... REALLY?

Put your left hand at your side... now look down...

Left Thumb at the front, fingers extend back toward the rear

Ring finger even has a ring on it in the photo

Now tak a photo from the left rear... nothing out of the ordinary here buddy...

the thumb is farthest from the camera, not closest as you are proposing... men in 1963 did NOT wear rings on their index fingers as well

DJ

I have advanced before my amateur view that Lansdale suffered from acromegaly, a congenital condition that elongates the head, facial features, and hands and feet.

Either Fletcher Prouty or Victor Krulak remarked that the hand in the photo resembled EGL's "claw-like" hand, remarking about his military class ring, too.

Exactly... turn your hand so your thumb tucks under your left butt cheek... :P

Your thumb would be pointing to about 2:00 if 12:00 was straight ahead... landsdale's is at about 3:00...

and this after swinging his arms as he walks....

DJ

Guest Robert Morrow

This is without a doubt one of the most important pictures of JFK research.

I believe that Fletcher Prouty and Victor Krulak were 100% correct in their identification of CIA Air Force General Edward Lansdale who was photographed 5 feet west of the TSBD just hours after the JFK assassination on 11/22/63.

Lansdale was the CIA's expert on coups, assassinations and propaganda. Whenever he traveled in Asia, the locals just assumed he was organizing a coup. One country's leader even made a film of himself engaging and defeating Lansdale - that is how notorious the man was.

Lansdale ran Operation Mongoose for the Kennedys. That means he was in direct contact with a LOT of CIA and anti-Castro Cubans who hated JFK and considered him a traitor.

Lansdale had a lot of interest and experience in Vietnam - the other hotspot conflict were CIA/military hawks were opposed to JFK.

Lansdale is very probably walking out to his car, parked in the parking lot behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll. He is finishing up a job well done - the murder of John Kennedy.

Years later Oliver North would model himself on Edward Lansdale.

I bet you that George Herbert Walker Bush was very acquainted with Edward Lansdale.