The Education Forum

Nixon Operative Roger Stone on JFK Assassination: "LBJ had it done. Mob, CIA, Hoover, all in on it. RFK knew. So did Nixon."

Guest Robert Morrow

I was wondering about the letter Oswald wrote to a Mr Hunt. Which Hunt do you think was writing to?

E.Howard or H.L?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering about the letter Oswald wrote to a Mr Hunt. Which Hunt do you think was writing to?

E.Howard or H.L?

H.L. Hunt was an oil tycoon, by 1957 his estimated fortune was approximately $400 to $700 million dollars. Hunts support of Barry Goldwater for the Republican party in 1964 led to smarting under that rebuff and disgusted with Johnson's liberal policies after assuming the presidency in 1963.

Hunt supported Eisenhower in 1956, however, in 1960 pushed hard for the nomination of LBJ and because LBJ agreed to become JFK running mate Hunt contributed some $100,000 to Kennedy's administration.

Hunt who is a successful business man out of Dallas TX lived in a relatively modest home in Dallas. Hunt was also often overheard while introducing himself to strangers by saying. "Hello, I am H.L. Hunt, the worlds richest man"... I do beleive that had Oswald contact H.L.Hunt rather then E.H. Hunt the writings of that letter would have reflected so. Although,

LHO was living in Dallas after moving from New Orleans, LHO also visited Miami, and because there is no hard facts of LHO visiting Miami there has been reported sightings of Oswald who may or may not have had an encounter with Frank Sturgis.

There also seems to be a tape of LHO hiding his face when the filming took place sometime in late 1962 or early part of 1963 in the South Florida Everglades, those who were present in that film were Marita Lorenz, Frank Sturgis and Frank Bender aka Gerry Doller.

Howard Hunts early ties to the 1954 Guatemalan coup dubbed "Operation PBSUCCESS", which was also approved by president Eisenhower, many of the same players participated in their very own domestic coup called "Dealey Plaza".

Because of Howard Hunts ties to Nixon's anti-Castro underworld and his assassins towards unfriendly foreign leaders, only leads me to beleive that Hunts roll as a "bench warmer" was in fact true. Hunts stayed in South Florida which allowed him to under go a much larger operation and covertly work with those in the organization while keeping it totally secret. The birth of setting up Oswald was well on its way. Hunt would latter bribe Nixon for two million dollars for hush money? In the meantime Nixon tries to blackmail CIA chief Richard Helms over the secrets that Hunt might blab regarding CIA's links to "the Bay of Pigs After all, Nixon said, "Of course, this Hunt, You open that scab, that will uncover a lot of things."

"In fact, I was puzzled when he [Nixon] told me, 'Tell Ehrlichman this whole group of Cubans [Watergate burglars] is tied to the Bay of Pigs.' After a pause I said, 'The Bay of Pigs? What does that have to do with this [the Watergate burglary]?' But Nixon merely said, 'Ehrlichman will know what I mean,' and dropped the subject."

Later in his book, Haldeman appears to answer his own question when he says, "It seems that in all of those Nixon references to the Bay of Pigs, he was actually referring to the Kennedy assassination." In short to answer your question as to whether Oswald was referring to H.L. Hunt or E.H. Hunt. I do beleive he was referring to the latter.

http://mtracy9.tripod.com/kennedy_nixon.htm

http://ajweberman.com/tape.htm

Edited by Scott Kaiser

E.Howard or H.L?

H.L. Hunt was an oil tycoon, by 1957 his estimated fortune was approximately $400 to $700 million dollars. Hunts support of Barry Goldwater for the Republican party in 1964 led to smarting under that rebuff and disgusted with Johnson's liberal policies after assuming the presidency in 1963.

Hunt supported Eisenhower in 1956, however, in 1960 pushed hard for the nomination of LBJ and because LBJ agreed to become JFK running mate Hunt contributed some $100,000 to Kennedy's administration.

Hunt who is a successful business man out of Dallas TX lived in a relatively modest home in Dallas. Hunt was also often overheard while introducing himself to strangers by saying. "Hello, I am H.L. Hunt, the worlds richest man"... I do beleive that had Oswald contact H.L.Hunt rather then E.H. Hunt the writings of that letter would have reflected so. Although,

LHO was living in Dallas after moving from New Orleans, LHO also visited Miami, and because there is no hard facts of LHO visiting Miami there has been reported sightings of Oswald who may or may not have had an encounter with Frank Sturgis.

There also seems to be a tape of LHO hiding his face when the filming took place sometime in late 1962 or early part of 1963 in the South Florida Everglades, those who were present in that film were Marita Lorenz, Frank Sturgis and Frank Bender aka Gerry Doller.

Howard Hunts early ties to the 1954 Guatemalan coup dubbed "Operation PBSUCCESS", which was also approved by president Eisenhower, many of the same players participated in their very own domestic coup called "Dealey Plaza".

Because of Howard Hunts ties to Nixon's anti-Castro underworld and his assassins towards unfriendly foreign leaders, only leads me to beleive that Hunts roll as a "bench warmer" was in fact true. Hunts stayed in South Florida which allowed him to under go a much larger operation and covertly work with those in the organization while keeping it totally secret. The birth of setting up Oswald was well on its way. Hunt would latter bribe Nixon for two million dollars for hush money? In the meantime Nixon tries to blackmail CIA chief Richard Helms over the secrets that Hunt might blab regarding CIA's links to "the Bay of Pigs After all, Nixon said, "Of course, this Hunt, You open that scab, that will uncover a lot of things."

"In fact, I was puzzled when he [Nixon] told me, 'Tell Ehrlichman this whole group of Cubans [Watergate burglars] is tied to the Bay of Pigs.' After a pause I said, 'The Bay of Pigs? What does that have to do with this [the Watergate burglary]?' But Nixon merely said, 'Ehrlichman will know what I mean,' and dropped the subject."

Later in his book, Haldeman appears to answer his own question when he says, "It seems that in all of those Nixon references to the Bay of Pigs, he was actually referring to the Kennedy assassination." In short to answer your question as to whether Oswald was referring to H.L. Hunt or E.H. Hunt. I do beleive he was referring to the latter.

Do you access to the tape of LHO hiding his face when the filming took place sometime in late 1962 or early part of 1963 in the South Florida Everglades, those who were present in that film were Marita Lorenz, Frank Sturgis and Frank Bender aka Gerry Doller.

E.Howard or H.L?

Do you access to the tape of LHO hiding his face when the filming took place sometime in late 1962 or early part of 1963 in the South Florida Everglades, those who were present in that film were Marita Lorenz, Frank Sturgis and Frank Bender aka Gerry Doller.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The person standing behind Frank Sturgis just ten second into this film then quickly turns away when he notices he is being filmed has been identified as Lee Oswald.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this second film, it is NOT Oswald, but someone else, Oswald was standing behind Sturgis, you can't see him in this film, who you can see are Frank Sturgis, the man holding the gun and Frank Bender aka Gerry Doller waring an army hat, fatigues and glasses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the FULL clip of everyone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E.Howard or H.L?

Mark, IMHO, if (and only if) that letter is authentic, then Oswald would have addressed E.H. Hunt by his CIA Alias, "Eduardo," and not by his last name. So, since the writer used the name, "Hunt," he was almost certainly writing to H.L. Hunt.

--Paul Trejo

E.Howard or H.L?

Mark, IMHO, if (and only if) that letter is authentic, then Oswald would have addressed E.H. Hunt by his CIA Alias, "Eduardo," and not by his last name. So, since the writer used the name, "Hunt," he was almost certainly writing to H.L. Hunt.

--Paul Trejo

^^ Not necessarily true, E.H Hunt was "Eduardo" to the anti-Castro groups and during the Bay of Pigs, in fact many knew him by his real name, even during the Bay of Pigs. In fact Sturgis knew E.H. Hunt since 1954 during the Guatemalan coup. He only adopted that name "Eduardo" while he was involved with the Cubans in South Florida.

Mark Lane describes this letter as a possible forgery while being very skeptical, and in 1999, the note was revealed to be a "Soviet forgery" in a book by KGB defector Vasili Mitrokhin. perhaps written by the Russians. Why would any Russian write this? But should it be taken at face value? The House Select Committee on assassinations had three handwriting experts examine the note to determine its authenticity. I do beleive that someone in the KGB is seeking notoriety by adding one more book to the all ready long list.

The writing and signature of that letter and the entire of Lee is my father's phone book are nearly identical, am I to beleive that because some Soviet KGB says its a "Soviet forgery" am I suppose to beleive him? If in fact this letter is authenticate and sense Lee was a Marxist who as an individual would develop his own capacities and talents. I say Oswald may have been swinging both ways, on one hand he was anti-Castro, but on the other he was pro-Cuba. So what does that say about a confused young man? I don't beleive that letter had anything to do with H.L. Hunt. There is ample information/evidence that Oswald visited South Miami where he may have encountered Howard Hunt, which makes sense, but I seriously doubt that Oswald and H.L. Hunt who calls himself the richest man in the world would be rubbing elbows.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

..Johnson's closest and most powerful oil men who had hierarchy would be H.L. Hunt and Clint Murchison, Sr. I think it is almost certain that one or both were involved as key organizers of the JFK assassination...

From 1990 manuscript/book CROSSTRAILS:

All such information (re: President Kennedy) had no significance to those who desired

to hasten his death. Kennedy's Dallas trip was a non-secret. It was known and leaked

months earlier by...mole-agents-in-place that lurked for years in every agency,

service and bureau of the U.S. government.

The burrowing moles who's 'sacred duty' is always to serve only the 'ultimate goal' of

the LDS-JBS conquest, informed RID (Research Intelligence Department) of the John Birch

Society on a continuing basis concerning the 'movements' and even the 'personal' activities

of the President.

Harry, thanks for reminding us of the John Birch Society (and its LDS component) in connection with the participation of H.L. Hunt (and General Walker) in this drama.

The John Birch Society is a major player in this drama because they were McCarthyists who believed that communists had taken over Washington DC, and that the only way to get them out is to "shoot them out" (according to Robert Welch).

Harry Truman is quoted as saying that "the JBS is only the KKK without sheets."

In any case, the JBS was known for its large membership of WASP professionals and small businessmen, who would send truckloads of money to Robert Welch. They were extremists, and they had scads of money. H.L. Hunt was one of their biggest contributors. Dan Smoot was an occasional writer to their monthly magazine. General Walker was one of its first members. They hated JFK openly, and JFK did not back off from them, but publicly insulted them, just as Harry Truman insulted them.

Perhaps most literate adults in 1963 simply presumed that the JBS was behind the assassination of JFK. Frank Ellis (ATF) said so. Jack Ruby himself said so. The rhetoric of the JBS in 1963 would lead the average reader to believe so. They sincerely and honestly believed that JFK was a communist and a traitor to the USA. They believed that the assassination of JFK was the right thing, the patriotic thing, to do.

In this regard, they had the full and complete support of H.L. Hunt and General Edwin A. Walker.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

E.Howard or H.L?

--Paul Trejo

^^ Not necessarily true, E.H Hunt was "Eduardo" to the anti-Castro groups and during the Bay of Pigs, in fact many knew him by his real name, even during the Bay of Pigs. In fact Sturgis knew E.H. Hunt since 1954 during the Guatemalan coup. He only adopted that name "Eduardo" while he was involved with the Cubans in South Florida.

Scott, I agree that Oswald might not have used the name "Eduardo" when addressing E.H. Hunt in writing -- but Hunt had other aliases, too. Insofar as Oswald was accepted in the fringes of the rogue CIA underground, he would have known the appropriate alias, and he would have used the proper alias when writing to E.H. Hunt. He wouldn't have used his real name, IMHO. That's why I say it's better than 50/50 that Oswald was writing to H.L. Hunt (if the letter is authentic).

Think of Oswald's situation in life; he did not like holding down regular jobs. He changed menial jobs so often that one gets the idea he took those jobs only to provide a cover for his lifestyle. He obtained cash from his many post office boxes, and also from the local Western Union (according to a clerk in the Dallas Western Union). He owned a Minolta spy camera; he was always looking for money. Clay Shaw was mainly a money source for Oswald (and Banister and Ferrie). Oswald saw the older spies go to very rich people to ask for money for right-wing adventures -- and get it. He was practicing for the day when he would call the shots, IMHO.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

E.Howard or H.L?

--Paul Trejo

Scott, I agree that Oswald might not have used the name "Eduardo" when addressing E.H. Hunt in writing -- but Hunt had other aliases, too. Insofar as Oswald was accepted in the fringes of the rogue CIA underground, he would have known the appropriate alias, and he would have used the proper alias when writing to E.H. Hunt. He wouldn't have used his real name, IMHO. That's why I say it's better than 50/50 that Oswald was writing to H.L. Hunt (if the letter is authentic).

Think of Oswald's situation in life; he did not like holding down regular jobs. He changed menial jobs so often that one gets the idea he took those jobs only to provide a cover for his lifestyle. He obtained cash from his many post office boxes, and also from the local Western Union (according to a clerk in the Dallas Western Union). He owned a Minolta spy camera; he was always looking for money. Clay Shaw was mainly a money source for Oswald (and Banister and Ferrie). Oswald saw the older spies go to very rich people to ask for money for right-wing adventures -- and get it. He was practicing for the day when he would call the shots, IMHO.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Sorry, I have edited my last post and added more information sense then, I meant to say, ^^ Not necessarily true, E.H Hunt was "Eduardo" to the anti-Castro groups and during the Bay of Pigs, in fact many knew him by his real name, even during the Bay of Pigs. In fact Sturgis knew E.H. Hunt since 1954 during the Guatemalan coup. He only adopted that name "Eduardo" while he was involved with the Cubans in South Florida.

Mark Lane describes this letter as a possible forgery while being very skeptical, and in 1999, the note was revealed to be a "Soviet forgery" in a book by KGB defector Vasili Mitrokhin. perhaps written by the Russians. Why would any Russian write this? But should it be taken at face value? The House Select Committee on assassinations had three handwriting experts examine the note to determine its authenticity. I do beleive that someone in the KGB is seeking notoriety by adding one more book to the all ready long list.

The writing and signature of that letter and the entire of Lee in my father's phone book are nearly identical, am I to beleive that because some Soviet KGB says its a "Soviet forgery" am I suppose to beleive him? If in fact this letter is authenticate and sense Lee was a Marxist who as an individual would develop his own capacities and talents. I say Oswald may have been swinging both ways, on one hand he was anti-Castro, but on the other he was pro-Cuba. So what does that say about a confused young man? I don't beleive that letter had anything to do with H.L. Hunt. There is ample information/evidence that Oswald visited South Miami where he may have encountered Howard Hunt, which makes sense, but I seriously doubt that Oswald and H.L. Hunt who calls himself the richest man in the world would be rubbing elbows.

I do apologize for the several error, typo's and misspelled words, that's what happens when I'm usually in a hurry.

Scott

Edited by Scott Kaiser

...E.H Hunt was "Eduardo" to the anti-Castro groups and during the Bay of Pigs, in fact many knew him by his real name, even during the Bay of Pigs. In fact Sturgis knew E.H. Hunt since 1954 during the Guatemalan coup. He only adopted that name "Eduardo" while he was involved with the Cubans in South Florida.

The writing and signature of that letter and the entire of Lee in my father's phone book are nearly identical, am I to beleive that because some Soviet KGB says its a "Soviet forgery" am I suppose to beleive him? If in fact this letter is authenticate and sense Lee was a Marxist who as an individual would develop his own capacities and talents. I say Oswald may have been swinging both ways, on one hand he was anti-Castro, but on the other he was pro-Cuba. So what does that say about a confused young man? I don't beleive that letter had anything to do with H.L. Hunt. There is ample information/evidence that Oswald visited South Miami where he may have encountered Howard Hunt, which makes sense, but I seriously doubt that Oswald and H.L. Hunt who calls himself the richest man in the world would be rubbing elbows...

Scott

Scott, thanks for bringing up the doubts by Mark Lane, one of the great writers on this topic since the days of the Warren Commission. I tend to think that letter was a forgery, too, since it is a little too blatant.

Why would the KGB want to forge evidence linking Oswald to HL Hunt? For one thing, as LBJ himself said to Senator Russell when twisting his arm to join the Warren Commission, some people were claiming that the USSR killed JFK, and wanted to lead the USA into an immediate showdown with the USSR. But LBJ said, "we know that Khrushchev didn't have a damn thing to do with it."

Well, the USSR were terrified that the extreme right-wing in the USA would use the assassination of JFK as an excuse to drop the bomb on the USSR (Dr. Strangelove style). Also, the Soviet press already announced their guess - that the extreme right-wing in Dallas, led by HL Hunt, was behind the JFK assassination.

Therefore, the motive for the KGB to forge this letter by Oswald, asking "Mr. Hunt" for some money or for a meeting, is not difficult to put together. If Mark Lane thinks it was a forgery, and it sounds like a forgery (and it didn't show up until months later), then I tend to think it was a forgery.

However, handwriting analysts say the handwriting is too close to be a forgery. So, it might be authentic. Oswald was a money-grabber, I believe. (This is why he liked hanging out with George DeMohrenschildt, and also with Clay Shaw. He was hoping that being a mercenary would one day pay off big time.)

So, if (and only if) the letter is authentic, then I still believe Oswald would have addressed E.H. Hunt by his CIA alias instead. It's an intriguing question.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

...E.H Hunt was "Eduardo" to the anti-Castro groups and during the Bay of Pigs, in fact many knew him by his real name, even during the Bay of Pigs. In fact Sturgis knew E.H. Hunt since 1954 during the Guatemalan coup. He only adopted that name "Eduardo" while he was involved with the Cubans in South Florida.

The writing and signature of that letter and the entire of Lee in my father's phone book are nearly identical, am I to beleive that because some Soviet KGB says its a "Soviet forgery" am I suppose to beleive him? If in fact this letter is authenticate and sense Lee was a Marxist who as an individual would develop his own capacities and talents. I say Oswald may have been swinging both ways, on one hand he was anti-Castro, but on the other he was pro-Cuba. So what does that say about a confused young man? I don't beleive that letter had anything to do with H.L. Hunt. There is ample information/evidence that Oswald visited South Miami where he may have encountered Howard Hunt, which makes sense, but I seriously doubt that Oswald and H.L. Hunt who calls himself the richest man in the world would be rubbing elbows...

Scott

Scott, thanks for bringing up the doubts by Mark Lane, one of the great writers on this topic since the days of the Warren Commission. I tend to think that letter was a forgery, too, since it is a little too blatant.

Why would the KGB want to forge evidence linking Oswald to HL Hunt? For one thing, as LBJ himself said to Senator Russell when twisting his arm to join the Warren Commission, some people were claiming that the USSR killed JFK, and wanted to lead the USA into an immediate showdown with the USSR. But LBJ said, "we know that Khrushchev didn't have a damn thing to do with it."

Well, the USSR were terrified that the extreme right-wing in the USA would use the assassination of JFK as an excuse to drop the bomb on the USSR (Dr. Strangelove style). Also, the Soviet press already announced their guess - that the extreme right-wing in Dallas, led by HL Hunt, was behind the JFK assassination.

Therefore, the motive for the KGB to forge this letter by Oswald, asking "Mr. Hunt" for some money or for a meeting, is not difficult to put together. If Mark Lane thinks it was a forgery, and it sounds like a forgery (and it didn't show up until months later), then I tend to think it was a forgery.

However, handwriting analysts say the handwriting is too close to be a forgery. So, it might be authentic. Oswald was a money-grabber, I believe. (This is why he liked hanging out with George DeMohrenschildt, and also with Clay Shaw. He was hoping that being a mercenary would one day pay off big time.)

So, if (and only if) the letter is authentic, then I still believe Oswald would have addressed E.H. Hunt by his CIA alias instead. It's an intriguing question.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

You may very well be right, what am I thinking? Perhaps, Oswald did or did not write that letter, and there would be no reason for Oswald to write that to Howard Hunt.

Howard Hunt only says he was a benchwarmer on the big event, I'm sure H.L. Hunt must have played a bigger roll.

Scott

...So obviously, Edwin Walker was close to the murderers of JFK. But was he personally involved? I tend to think NOT because of his letter to the HSCA saying that the bullet in evidence for the Walker shooting was not the one that was shot at him.

That is not consistent with the behavior of someone who has murderered the president 15 years before because it draws too much attention. The best strategy is to just shut up and be quiet, especially for someone who was a highly visible and KNOWN enemy of the Kennedys.

I think that the Texas oil men had close military ties to the CIA/military men who killed JFK. The Air Force keeps coming up: Gen. Ed Lansdale was Air Force (and more significantly CIA). Curtis LeMay was an absolutely rabid JFK hater and present at the JFK autopsy at Bethesda chomping on his cigar. Col. Richard Burris was Air Force and he was LBJ's top military attache.

Robert, we agree on many aspects of the Dallas connection. As for the resigned General Edwin Walker, however, you decline to believe that he was personally involved in the JFK assassination because in 1977 he wrote to the HSCA (House Select Committee on Assassinations) mocking them, saying that the bullet they filed in evidence of the Walker shooting on 4/10/1963 did not match the fragment that he found in his own living room wall and window sill.

I don't find this to be inconsistent for somebody like Edwin Walker, but you believe that it draws too much attention, and that if Walker were really guilty, he would have simply remained quiet. After all - he was a known hater of the Kennedys, and he was called to testify for the Warren Commission mainly for that reason.

Yet that presumes that if Walker did play a major role in the JFK assassination, that he would have preferred to hide in the shadows like a coward all his life. Based on his biography as a USA officer who saw many heated war compaigns, I find that difficult to accept.

It makes more sense to me that Edwin Walker would have wanted to confront his opposition head-on, and explain the reasons why JFK had to be killed. Here's my reasoning on this:

1. Edwin Walker, as a member of the JBS, truly believed that JFK was a communist, and therefore a traitor.

2. Edwin Walker, as a victim of the Kennedy tyranny which committed Walker to an insane asylum in an unforgivable act of political imprisonment, was confirmed in the correctness of the JFK assassination.

3. Edwin Walker believed that Oswald tried to kill him on 4/10/1963, despite what he told the HSCA.

3.1. We know this because of the story that he spread all of his life; from 11/23/1963 all the way into the 1990's -- namely, that RFK was the one who tried to kill him on 4/10/1963, and that Oswald was only one of the shooters at 9pm that evening.

4. Edwin Walker was obsessed with finding out who the other shooter was. Even in the early 1990's, Edwin Walker wrote to Attorney General Janet Reno, demanding to obtain the CIA records on the shooting of 4/10/1963. He was convinced that he would have proof that RFK was behind it all.

5. In the early morning hours of 11/23/1963, less than 20 hours after JFK had been killed, Edwin Walker called a German newspaper (Deutsche NationalZeitung) and its news staff, Helmut Muench and Haslo Thorsten, in a jubilant mood, to exclaim how the shooter who failed to kill Walker on 4/10/1963 had just killed JFK on 11/22/1963.

6. In the interview that followed, Walker expressed the glee of irony that RFK failed to kill Walker, but instead his plan backfired and killed RFK's own brother.

7. This actually came out in the Warren Commission testimony, as Attorney Liebeler tried to pressure Walker into explaining how he knew on 11/23/1963 that Oswald was his 4/10/1963 shooter, when Marina had not told the FBI that fact until 12/02/1963.

8. Of course, Walker simply denied the whole thing, and there was nothing that Liebeler could do about it. What sort of proof could he provide other than the FBI statement from Helmut Muench himself? After all, Walker was not on trial.

9. Would the former General Walker lie to the Warren Commission? Remember that for the past five years Edwin Walker had been campaigning with newsletters, speeches, radio spots and bumper stickers: IMPEACH EARL WARREN!

10. Edwin Walker had no respect for Supreme Court Justice Earl Warren. None at all. For Edwin Walker, the honorable Earl Warren was a communist - a traitor - and one's patriotic duty is to lie to all traitors.

11. Edwin Walker did not fear the Warren Commission. Nor did he fear the FBI. For one thing, the FBI itself was lying when it said that they only learned about Oswald's April, 1963 pot-shot at Walker from Marina Oswald in December, 1963. Walker knew this was a lie because it was the FBI who told Walker of the fact back in April, 1963 (probably on Easter Sunday, 4/14/1963).

12. The FBI found out about it from Mrs. Igor Voshinin who had just heard it from George DeMohrenschildt!

13. So, the FBI had plenty to hide from the USA public, and General Walker knew all the facts. J. Edgar Hoover knew a lot more about what happened with Oswald than he ever could admit.

14. General Walker could blackmail the FBI itself if he'd wanted to.

15. But he didn't want to blackmail the FBI -- it was enough that he didn't fear them. Walker, the great warrior, was not afraid of Earl Warren and he wasn't afraid of J. Edgar Hoover. Or of LBJ, either, for that matter.

16. But like any "true believer" he would have been plagued by inner doubts. He had to continue to justify in his mind why the killing of JFK (and later RFK) was truly necessary.

17. The most material way to do that would be to demonstrate to the world (and to himself) that RFK was really and truly the person who was behind Oswald's pot-shot at Walker at 9pm on 4/10/1963.

Walker was no ordinary conspirator. He was a unique personality -- a minor marvel of the Cold War. Does this influence your opinion about your position on Walker, Robert?

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

...Howard Hunt only says he was a benchwarmer on the big event, I'm sure H.L. Hunt must have played a bigger roll.

Scott

That's another good question, Scott; how big a role did E. Howard Hunt play? On his deathbed he claimed to play a minor role, so that's fairly good evidence that he was at least involved. But how big was his role?

A lot of our suspicions about E. Howard Hunt are centered in the landmark legal decision won by Mark Lane as described in his book, Plausible Denial (1992). Lane convinced a jury that E. Howard Hunt was involved in the JFK assassination to some degree, based mainly on the evidence of Marita Lorentz.

Marita's story is to some degree documented in the videos you uploaded earlier today on this thread. She said that she joined Frank Sturgis and a number of rogue CIA operatives and stooges in a weapons smuggling operation in late November 1963, starting from Florida and ending in Dallas, Texas.

Mark Lane made her sound believable. She further claimed that the purchaser of these weapons was none other than E. Howard Hunt, who went by the code-name, "Eduardo."

Yet there are problems with her story. She also named Lee Harvey Oswald and Gerry Patrick Hemming as two of the men involved in that smuggling caravan. Yet Hemming (when he was a member of this Forum) denied that he was in that caravan!

It is true that Hemming admitted that he was invited to join the caravan, and that he knew the caravan existed -- but he firmly denied riding in the car, as Marita claimed he did.

So - if Marita lied about Hemming's participation, then she could have lied about Oswald's participation, too. (And for the record, that person standing behind Frank Sturgis in those videos you kindly shared -- that doesn't look like Oswald to me.)

I'm not saying that Oswald wasn't in that caravan -- I have no proof for my theory yet -- but this is after all the week that Oswald should have been in Mexico with Nagell, trying to get into Cuba, wasn't it?

Now, E. Howard Hunt claims to be a benchwarmer. I believe that is correct -- he was not one of the three tramps as some writers have claimed. (The two tramps that look a little like Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis have a major difference -- the tramp who looked like Hunt was short, but Hunt was tall; and the tramp who looked like Sturgis was tall, but Sturgis was short. No match.)

Because E. Howard Hunt knew so many of the conspirators, he was an accessory after the fact -- his main crime was his silence. (The same applies, also, to David Atlee Phillips, whose main role was to obtain lots of cash for Alpha 66 and similar counter-revolutionary groups. He knew what was going on, but he only offered minor help here and there, in response to rare requests from the major players, IMHO.)

Yes - H.L. Hunt was far more involved. For one thing, when E.H. Hunt and D. Atlee Phillips wanted cash for their operations, they often got it from H.L. Hunt, anyway.

Unlike the rogue CIA guys who were in the game for the money and the machismo, and who had no firm ideological beliefs of any kind, and whose loyalties could often go to the highest bidder, H.L. Hunt was totally committed to his ideology. For Hunt, and for all JBS extremists, JFK was a communist, a traitor, and worked for the aid and comfort of the USSR. The conspiracy was only the patriotic thing to do.

What H.L. Hunt needed was somebody at the ground-level -- somebody with real military connections -- somebody with a real zeal to get the job done. Somebody who had nothing more to lose. (Remember, when Edwin Walker resigned from his post as Major General, he gave up his military pension! He was angry! He was penniless!)

My current theory: It was General Edwin Walker -- financed by H.L. Hunt and supported by probably 100 field operatives, including violently anti-communist foreigners from Cuba, Germany and Russia, but mostly from the extreme right-wing in Dallas, USA.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

...Howard Hunt only says he was a benchwarmer on the big event, I'm sure H.L. Hunt must have played a bigger roll.

Scott

That's another good question, Scott; how big a role did E. Howard Hunt play? On his deathbed he claimed to play a minor role, so that's fairly good evidence that he was at least involved. But how big was his role?

A lot of our suspicions about E. Howard Hunt are centered in the landmark legal decision won by Mark Lane as described in his book, Plausible Denial (1992). Lane convinced a jury that E. Howard Hunt was involved in the JFK assassination to some degree, based mainly on the evidence of Marita Lorentz.

Marita's story is to some degree documented in the videos you uploaded earlier today on this thread. She said that she joined Frank Sturgis and a number of rogue CIA operatives and stooges in a weapons smuggling operation in late November 1963, starting from Florida and ending in Dallas, Texas.

Mark Lane made her sound believable. She further claimed that the purchaser of these weapons was none other than E. Howard Hunt, who went by the code-name, "Eduardo."

Yet there are problems with her story. She also named Lee Harvey Oswald and Gerry Patrick Hemming as two of the men involved in that smuggling caravan. Yet Hemming (when he was a member of this Forum) denied that he was in that caravan!

It is true that Hemming admitted that he was invited to join the caravan, and that he knew the caravan existed -- but he firmly denied riding in the car, as Marita claimed he did.

So - if Marita lied about Hemming's participation, then she could have lied about Oswald's participation, too. (And for the record, that person standing behind Frank Sturgis in those videos you kindly shared -- that doesn't look like Oswald to me.)

I'm not saying that Oswald wasn't in that caravan -- I have no proof for my theory yet -- but this is after all the week that Oswald should have been in Mexico with Nagell, trying to get into Cuba, wasn't it?

Now, E. Howard Hunt claims to be a benchwarmer. I believe that is correct -- he was not one of the three tramps as some writers have claimed. (The two tramps that look a little like Howard Hunt and Frank Sturgis have a major difference -- the tramp who looked like Hunt was short, but Hunt was tall; and the tramp who looked like Sturgis was tall, but Sturgis was short. No match.)

Because E. Howard Hunt knew so many of the conspirators, he was an accessory after the fact -- his main crime was his silence. (The same applies, also, to David Atlee Phillips, whose main role was to obtain lots of cash for Alpha 66 and similar counter-revolutionary groups. He knew what was going on, but he only offered minor help here and there, in response to rare requests from the major players, IMHO.)

Yes - H.L. Hunt was far more involved. For one thing, when E.H. Hunt and D. Atlee Phillips wanted cash for their operations, they often got it from H.L. Hunt, anyway.

Unlike the rogue CIA guys who were in the game for the money and the machismo, and who had no firm ideological beliefs of any kind, and whose loyalties could often go to the highest bidder, H.L. Hunt was totally committed to his ideology. For Hunt, and for all JBS extremists, JFK was a communist, a traitor, and worked for the aid and comfort of the USSR. The conspiracy was only the patriotic thing to do.

What H.L. Hunt needed was somebody at the ground-level -- somebody with real military connections -- somebody with a real zeal to get the job done. Somebody who had nothing more to lose. (Remember, when Edwin Walker resigned from his post as Major General, he gave up his military pension! He was angry! He was penniless!)

My current theory: It was General Edwin Walker -- financed by H.L. Hunt and supported by probably 100 field operatives, including violently anti-communist foreigners from Cuba, Germany and Russia, but mostly from the extreme right-wing in Dallas, USA.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

the tramp who looked like Hunt was short, but Hunt was tall; and the tramp who looked like Sturgis was tall, but Sturgis was short. No match.

I'm curious you say Sturgis was short, do you know how tall Sturgis was?

That doesn't mean there is a problem with her story, just because Hemming said something else, the question is which one do you beleive, or should I say, which one is telling the truth?

but this is after all the week that Oswald should have been in Mexico with Nagell, trying to get into Cuba, wasn't it?

Do you have proof of Oswald in Mexico?

Yes - H.L. Hunt was far more involved. For one thing, when E.H. Hunt and D. Atlee Phillips wanted cash for their operations, they often got it from H.L. Hunt, anyway

So that's where the money came from, I should have known.

Could be!

Edited by Scott Kaiser