The Education Forum

Oswald and Tippit

"Tippit was one of the few officers in the Dallas Police Force not to be called to Dealey Plaza to help investigate the assassination. Instead, at 12.45 p.m. he was sent to the Oak Cliff section of Dallas."

I feel this is key...although there can never be eyewitnesses at this point. The possible interaction - or non-interaction between LHO and Tippet is crucial. There are so many variables. IMO Tippit was either there because he did not want to be involved and was pitched out to the periphery - or more realistically - he was the guy who was supposed to take LHO out...and be the hero.

J.D. Tippit...hero of the lone nut asassination of the president by taking out the lone nut (Oswald).

But someting went wrong - seriously wrong.

Take a good look at Tippit's picture. He doesn't look to me like a guy who would go down easily.

Edited by David S. Brownlee

"Tippit was one of the few officers in the Dallas Police Force not to be called to Dealey Plaza to help investigate the assassination. Instead, at 12.45 p.m. he was sent to the Oak Cliff section of Dallas."

I feel this is key...although there can never be eyewitnesses at this point. The possible interaction - or non-interaction between LHO and Tippet is crucial. There are so many variables. IMO Tippit was either there because he did not want to be involved and was pitched out to the periphery - or more realistically - he was the guy who was supposed to take LHO out...and be the hero.

J.D. Tippit...hero of the lone nut asassination of the president by taking out the lone nut (Oswald).

Take a good look at Tippit's picture. He doesn't look to me like a guy who would go down easily.

David, there are a number of new witnesses to the Tippit murder that were never part of the original investigation and there is a more likely hood of the Dallas County DA having the Tippit murder reviewed for new evidence and witnesses than there is of the JFK assassination being officially reviewed.

BK

JFKcountercoup

David, there are a number of new witnesses to the Tippit murder that were never part of the original investigation and there is a more likely hood of the Dallas County DA having the Tippit murder reviewed for new evidence and witnesses than there is of the JFK assassination being officially reviewed.

BK

JFKcountercoup