The Education Forum

Step by step tutorial (How to split and save the frames from a GIF )I have been asked on a number of occasions ( How do i save the frames from a GIF

Robin Unger

I have been asked on a number of occasions

( How do i save the frames from a GIF Animation to my computer )

to save having to Re-Type it each time i have decided to set it out in an easy to follow Step by Step tutorial.

First you need to Download Irfanview software.

Its FREE and should download in around 30 - seconds. ( It's a tiny program, but very powerfull )

http://www.irfanview.com/

Step (1) save the GIF you wan't to split to a folder on your Hard Drive.

Step (2) open Irfanview, and then click on the small "yellow folder icon" in the top left hand corner, and search your hard drive for the GIF to be split.

Image6.jpg

Step (3) open the animation in Irfanview and it will automatically start playing. (Leave it running)

Step (4) While the animation is playing, "Click on Options Tab" and then scroll down and click "Extract all frames"

Image8.jpg

you will then recieve a Pop up message asking you to choose which folder you want to save the extracted frames in. ( Choose a folder where you can easily find them later)

Edited by Robin Unger

Once you have selected the folder Click on "start" and Ifanview will automatically save all the frames to the folder you have selected ( It's FAST only tales about 15-20 seconds for a medium size GIF )

Step (6) Open up the folder you have chosen and all the frames will appear.

Image7.jpg