The Education Forum

Seinfeld

Thanks Greg,

Best 30 min. show that has ever been on network TV, in my opinion. Co-creator Larry David was and is a big Kennedy fan and there are numerous references to the clan during the 9 season run.

Two of my favorites are when Mr. Pitt is gearing up to play Ethel Kennedy in a tennis match and later when J. Peterman buys JFK's golf clubs [as seen in the famous photograph of the president chipping at Burning Tree on the morning of the Bay of Pigs invasion] via auction and then they are subsequently stolen by Jerry’s mechanic.

Zach

Thanks Greg,

Best 30 min. show that has ever been on network TV, in my opinion. Co-creator Larry David was and is a big Kennedy fan and there are numerous references to the clan during the 9 season run.

Two of my favorites are when Mr. Pitt is gearing up to play Ethel Kennedy in a tennis match and later when J. Peterman buys JFK's golf clubs [as seen in the famous photograph of the president chipping at Burning Tree on the morning of the Bay of Pigs invasion] via auction and then they are subsequently stolen by Jerry's mechanic.

Zach

Zach,

can you provide a link or a copy of the famous photo of the president chipping in at Burning Tree on the morning of the Bay of Pigs?

Thanks,

BK

JFKcountercoup

Zach,

can you provide a link or a copy of the famous photo of the president chipping in at Burning Tree on the morning of the Bay of Pigs?

Thanks,

BK

JFKcountercoup

Hi Bill,

I always thought that was just a joke, but I did find this book that mentions it: Golf List Mania!

There is no source for the claim that the President was golfing the day of the Bay of Pigs invasion, and if there were, I'd bet it was the Seinfeld Bottle Deposit episode. JFK did indeed golf 8 times in his first 6 months in office, but I personally doubt he did on the day in question. He was very self conscious about being seen on a golf course, much less being photographed. I suppose the only way to verify this is to contact the JFK Library.

Zach