The Education Forum

Does anyone have a copy of The Honolulu Conference Briefing Book?

Hello,

I'm looking for a copy of the Honolulu Conference Briefing Book for the one held November 20th, 1963. Does anyone have this? If so please contact me. Thanks.

Joe Backes

Joe,

It is found in the JFK National Security Files 1961-1963 Country Files: Vietnam, Honolulu Meeting, Briefing Book, 11/20/63, Box 204 [Kennedy Library]

Edited by Greg Burnham

Hello,

I'm looking for a copy of the Honolulu Conference Briefing Book for the one held November 20th, 1963. Does anyone have this? If so please contact me. Thanks.

Joe Backes

Joe,

It is found in the JFK National Security Files 1961-1963 Country Files: Vietnam, Honolulu Meeting, Briefing Book, 11/20/63, Box 204 [Kennedy Library]

Actually, it's not. And that's the problem. I went there earlier this month, before it got cold again in the Northeast, just last Thursday and Friday. The briefing book has been separated into two parts, Part I and II. Part I has tabs 1 to 14, Part II is supposed to have Tabs 15 to 21. It doesn't. It ends with page 8k. Tabs 15 to 21 are now missing.

post-5639-0-52417700-1335560166_thumb.jpg

Thanks Joe.

As I said in Dallas about two years ago, it has been extremely difficult to get to the bottom of this subject because of files that are missing or unavailable. Interesting that it is not just the "classified" files that are unavailable, but also ones that should be easy to find/obtain are not. I don't have those documents either, but I was recently told that they were at the library.

Edited by Greg Burnham

Hold on folks, I may have made an error. My apologies. I think everything is fine. I was expecting the book to have a normal text narrative, and then tabs. But, it looks like the tabs are not separate.

So, for example page 1a in Part II is the same as Tab 14a. Page 2 is the same as Tab 15. Page 2e is the same as Tab 15e. Oh boy. I'm really sorry about this.