The Education Forum

How we eat our young

Is anyone else watching the Charles "Round Mound of Sound" Drago paranoia show over at the Deep Bull forum?

https://deeppolitics...-reading/page48

Having finished with Jim Fetzer, he's now "denouncing" some long-time member called Albert Doyle because they disagree with Commissar Drago. He's also got his sights set on Mark Stapleton too, by the looks. And that Seamus Coogan probably has made it onto the "Enemies of Charles" list as well.

Fascinating stuff; a slow motion train wreck.

Kinda hard to know who to root for there, except for Don Jefferies (as the asylum's voice of reason). Doyle strays beyond anti--Zionism into Antisemitism and Staplehead while not doing so himself sticks up for the guy just as he did with Herr (Sid) Walker here.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Commisar Drago is attacking everyone now. Fellow founders have tried to talk sense to him but he treats them with distain. I used "train wreck in slow motion" as a metaphor but it is not far from reality; perhaps it might be more accurate to say we are watching the onset of a mental disorder / breakdown.

I definitely do not think this thread belongs in the garbage can, as another poster weighed in. I would like to throw in a couple of comments not to sound like a demagogue, but to challenge everyone interested in bringing back the Forum to some modicum of respectability to let me add a few comments.

I have lived in Dallas my entire life, I had just turned [my birthday preceded Oswald's by one day] five years old, so I didn't have the advantage of being old enough to understand exactly what had happened on November 22, 1963, but definitely understood enough to grasp the profundity that an event of profound significance had taken place. I can truly say I was haunted by the event.

I had spent a few years researching the JFK assassination and had come to my own conclusions by the 1977-79 HSCA era and moved on with my life. I realized early on the tremendous amount of negative energy across American culture any position regarding what happened led to, then in 2005 found the Education Forum.

Now in 2012, I believe what has happened with the Forum, basically a more personal version of the old usenet, alt.assassination.jfk, insults, vitriol is not unlike the cultural divide regarding the assassination controversy.

But the following is really what I want to address, how the research community itself has fundamental flaws, for a couple of reasons and they are intrinsically deeply insulting to anyone who has a healthy self-esteem.

1. Big ego's and lack of humility.

2. See previous posts.

There is no solution to certain situations, ie having a forum where anyone can join, then having persons who are members turn right around and having such a lack of respect for others, that everyone who is a member is treated as a maladjusted individual. My own pet peeve is doing a lot of transcribing and providing what I felt were substantive topics, with not so much as a thank-you from anyone, with a few exceptions.

After a while you think to yourself, why am I doing this, even emails and personal involvement has been very disappointing. There have been a lot of good rapport, but some more recent experiences involved very patronizing and condescending attitudes here, not to mention the "what have you done for me lately" dynamic. There is no sense of "working together" in any way shape or form.

So I stopped caring, completely, I and others, I would imagine have decided why share research only to be verbally battered, ignored or treated as if your posts are not worth responding to, about the only exceptions to all of the above are Bill Kelly and Greg Parker, yet just because I agree with their positions, I am lumped in as some sort of trifecta of disinformation if I don't believe god knows what you would have to ask the people on other forums or websites, what I am guilty of.

In the end, the usual forum style response, to my vent, and yes it is a vent, is "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen,"which is exactly what I have done, not because I "can't stand the heat," but because I choose not to deal with something that is not necessary. In the end, the persons who were the most courteous were John Dolva, Alan Kent, Bill Simpich, Bill Kelly, Greg Parker,Len Colby, Mark Knight, Richard Gilbride, Daniel Ray Dunn, and a few others, the rest of the forum seemed to respond to my posts as if I were a detriment, so I guess the movers and the shakers got their wish.

Thought for the day - This is history in ruins

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert, your not leaving, surely, all i can think of is oh dear !!! another,but a very important nother, your information that you have shared continually has always been seen as important, imo...please reconsider, if all here, who are or soon to be confused to the point of being fed up and leave, who will mind the store and work to continually try to get the truth out ...We all get tired at times, of the nonsense, insults, and the taken for granted atitude, we see daily on the web, and here at times......quote ''Thought for the day - This is history in ruins''......and it will be if all those who have really cared begin to follow the deserting attitude i am beginning to see here, i think this Forum is worth sticking around and fighting for,and needless to say also the murder of JFK by continuing to try to get the information and truth out, within the threads....sincerely best to all b...

I do not think anyone has ever criticized you or your posts. You have never been a victim of a severe and prolonged verbal attack. You also have a champion among the moderators ( Tom Scully ).

It is not clear what you are trying to say.

What is it that would have to happen for you post?

You say that you choose to deal with something that is not necessary but you do not mention what that "something" is?

If you go back and start to read the posts from the very beginning of this forum you see the same exact thing. These forums have a fractal nature. The same patterns always exist. It does matter who the posters are.

Edited by Mike Rago

I just wish that everyone would try to make a better effort to get out of the verbal abuse mode. I am embarrassed for the forum, BTW there are 363 days until the 50th anniversary. Do we really cumulatively want to be Uncle Henry showing up drunk and feeling up the hired help that day?.....figuratively, speaking that is.

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert,

Please don't take it personally when others don't respond to your posts. This happens quite a bit, on this forum and others. A lack of response is actually more often than not an indication that no one disagrees strongly enough with what you've posted to reply. Most people tend to feel they don't have to thank someone for their post, even if they liked it. I would like to belatedly thank you for all the material you've posted on this forum.

I'm sure you've read my countless posts touching upon the huge egos and difficult personalities that are seemingly drawn to the JFK assassination research community. The lack of civility on all these forums is unfortunate, and along with the long standing feuds between researchers, certainly make it unlikely that a united front will ever be established.

Lack of humility is certainly part of the problem here; so many of these obstinate posters would win more converts if they only showed the least bit of self-deprecation. You need to have a thick skin just to wade into these internet debates, and as is usually the case, those who are the most hyper critical are unable to take criticism themselves.

As I said recently, I'm really beginning to understand why an important researcher like Gary Shaw decided that he wanted no more to do with this subject.

I just wish that everyone would try to make a better effort to get out of the verbal abuse mode. I am embarrassed for the forum, BTW there are 363 days until the 50th anniversary. Do we really cumulatively want to be Uncle Henry showing up drunk and feeling up the hired help that day?.....figuratively, speaking that is.

Robert, I have been saying this since I first entered the critical community. It really is embarrassing to see the lack of unity in our shared cause. And I am not just referring to JFK but the bigger picture.

Perhaps it's just some people's nature to be caustic. I have always preferred that paths of peace and cooperation. Our true enemy is so vast yet so many feel it more worthwhile to attack each other than to find unified solutions.

And that is just sad to me.

Dawn

Robert, I have been saying this since I first entered the critical community. It really is embarrassing to see the lack of unity in our shared cause. And I am not just referring to JFK but the bigger picture.

Perhaps it's just some people's nature to be caustic. I have always preferred that paths of peace and cooperation. Our true enemy is so vast yet so many feel it more worthwhile to attack each other than to find unified solutions.

And that is just sad to me.

Dawn

Robert, when Lee Farley and his cohorts were verbally abusing me where were you?

The truth is that if it is someone you do not like you have no problem with the verbal abuse.

As I said before you have never been verbally abused.

I have been verbally abused.

My desire for the truth rises above that abuse. As it must for you.

That is why I said once before and I will say it again... I would make a good moderator. I know what verbal abuse is. I know how it makes people feel.

Edited by Mike Rago

Mike, I get the impression by your posts that you are confusing me with a moderator, which I am not. As for defending you from Lee Farley, that presupposes that I am aware of what exactly you refer to, which I do not. I appreciate the goodwill that you have expressed towards me, and yes I do understand the world will not end on the 50th anniversary. I will continue to post here, albeit not as much as previously, because I have my own projects that I am at work on. Grateful for the kind words expressed by Bernice, Don Jeffries, Dawn and Mike.

I would like to say that I do not consider myself "special," and am honest enough to admit my desire for the research community

to have unanimity is, naive. But one can always hope. One way I am not different from the rest of the forum members who believe in a conspiracy in which there were elements of our own government involved, is I will never rest until what happened that day, is understood as it happened, although a great deal of that has already been done. My own research leads me to believe as of this moment there are a lot of I's that need dotting, and T's to be crossed.

Exactly. As an outsider, I am perplexed by the infighting that goes on. After all, you do all agree that Kennedy was not shot by LHO, don't you?

When I see the sniping and disunity, it gives me the impression that "these people don't know what they are talking about". That is NOT what you want to convey to people who never have researched this field before. What you do want to send is the picture of a group of people working together for a common cause.

The current state of affairs does nothing to convince me of the validity of anyones theories.

Mike, I get the impression by your posts that you are confusing me with a moderator, which I am not. As for defending you from Lee Farley, that presupposes that I am aware of what exactly you refer to, which I do not. I appreciate the goodwill that you have expressed towards me, and yes I do understand the world will not end on the 50th anniversary. I will continue to post here, albeit not as much as previously, because I have my own projects that I am at work on. Grateful for the kind words expressed by Bernice, Don Jeffries, Dawn and Mike.

I would like to say that I do not consider myself "special," and am honest enough to admit my desire for the research community

to have unanimity is, naive. But one can always hope. One way I am not different from the rest of the forum members who believe in a conspiracy in which there were elements of our own government involved, is I will never rest until what happened that day, is understood as it happened, although a great deal of that has already been done. My own research leads me to believe as of this moment there are a lot of I's that need dotting, and T's to be crossed.

And the thing I like about you, Robert, is that even if you disagree with another person's viewpoint you still respect their right to hold those views.

Guest Robert Morrow

THIS THREAD SHOULD BE DELETED. IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH JFK ASSASSINATION RESEARCH.

IT IS JUST SIMPLY A VEHICLE TO LAUNCH PERSONAL ATTACKS AND IS A WASTE OF BANDWITH.