The Education Forum

Disappearing Witnesses.

Is it reasonable,for so many deaths to happen to people associated with the JFK Assassination.There was a article once quoted in the London Sunday Times that the odds of these deaths occurring were one hundred thousand trillion to one.

This taken from here. http://www.assassina...1n2/deaths.html

Although Legal Manager Anthony Whitaker stated:Our piece about the odds against the deaths of the Kennedy witnesses was, I regret to say, based on a careless journalistic mistake and should not have been published. This was realized by The Sunday Times editorial staff after the first edition - the one which goes to the United States...- had gone out, and later editions were amended. There was no question of our actuary having got his answer wrong: it was simply that we asked him the wrong question. He was asked what were the odds against 15 named people out of the population of the United States dying within a short period of time, to which he replied -correctly - that they were very high. However, if one asks what are the odds against 15 of those included in the Warren Commission Index dying within a given period, the answer is, of course, that they are much lower. Our mistake was to treat the reply to the former question as if it dealt with the latter - hence the fundamental error in our first edition report, for which we apologize.

But a lot of people certainly died young who were connected to the JFK Assassination.

Over 100 murders, suicides, mysterious deaths--the strange fate of those who saw Kennedy shot.

Shortly after dark on Sunday night November 24, 1963, after Ruby had killed Lee Harvey Oswald, a meeting took place in Jack Ruby's apartment in Oak Cliff, a suburb of Dallas, Texas. Five persons were present. George Senator and Attorney Tom Howard were present and having a drink in the apartment when two newsmen arrived. The newsmen were Bill Hunter of the Long Beach California Press Telegram, and Jim Koethe of the Dallas Times Herald. Attorney C.A. Droby of Dallas arranged the meeting for the two newsmen. Jim Martin, a close friend of George Senator's, was also present at the apartment meeting.

This writer asked Martin if he thought it was unusual for Senator to forget the meeting while testifying in Washington on April 22, 1964, since Bill Hunter, who was a newsman present at the meeting, was shot to death that very night. Martin grinned and said: "Oh, you're looking for a conspiracy."

I nodded yes and he grinned and said, "You will never find it."

I asked soberly, "Never find it, or not there?"

He added soberly, "Not there."

Bill Hunter, a native of Dallas and an award winning newsman in Long Beach, was on duty and reading a book in the police station called "Public Safety Building." Two policemen going off duty came into the press room, and one policeman shot Hunter through the heart at a range officially ruled to be "no more than three feet." The policeman said he dropped his gun, and it fired as he picked it up, but the angle of the bullet caused him to change his story. He finally said he was playing a game of quick draw with his fellow officer. The other officer testified he had his back turned when the shooting took place.

Hunter, who covered the assassination for his paper, the Long Beach Press Telegram, had written:

"Within minutes of Ruby's execution of Oswald, before the eyes of millions watching television, at least two Dallas attorneys appeared to talk with him."

Hunter was quoting Tom Howard who died of a heart attack in Dallas a few months after Hunter's own death. Lawyer Tom Howard was observed acting strangely to his friends two days before his death. Howard was taken to the hospital by a "friend" according to the newspapers. No autopsy was performed.

Dallas Times Herald reporter Jim Koethe was killed by a karate chop to the throat just as he emerged from a shower in his apartment on September 21, 1964. His murderer was not indicted.

What went on in that significant meeting in Ruby's and Senator's apartment?

Few are left to tell. There is no one in authority to ask the question, since the Warren Commission has made its final report, and The House Select Committee has closed its investigation.

Dorothy Kilgallen was another reporter who died strangely and suddenly after her involvement in the Kennedy assassination. Miss Kilgallen is the only journalist who was granted a private interview with Jack Ruby after he killed Lee Harvey Oswald. Judge Joe B. Brown granted the interview during the course of the Ruby trial in Dallas--to the intense anger of the hundreds of other newspeople present.

We will not divulge exactly what Miss Kilgallen did to obtain the interview with Ruby. But Judge Brown bragged about the price paid. Only that was not the real price Miss Kilgallen paid. She gave her life for the interview. Miss Kilgallen stated that she was "going to break this case wide open."

Full story can be read at Source:

http://www.maebrusse... Witnesses.html

Lee Bowers Jr.

Witnessed Event: John F. Kennedy Assassination

Lee Bowers Jr. was a key witness to the assassination of John F. Kennedy. At the moment of the shooting he was operating the Union Terminal Company’s two-story interlocking tower, which was overlooking the parking lot just north of the grassy knoll and west of the Texas School Book Depository. Bowers had an unobstructed view of the stockade fence atop the knoll. He gave a detailed account of the assassination saying he had witnessed two unfamiliar men standing near the grassy knoll at the edge of the parking lot, within 10 or 15 feet of each other, “one man was middle-aged, fairly heavy-set, in a white shirt and dark trousers. The other was a younger man, about mid-twenties, in either a plaid shirt or a plaid coat or jacket.”

Lee Bowers also described a strange truck that was parked in the location of the assassination seven to ten minutes before Kennedy arrived. When the shots rang out, Bowers’ attention was drawn to the grassy knoll where he had witnessed the two men. He observed “some commotion” at that spot, “…something out of the ordinary, a sort of milling around…which attracted my eye for some reason, which I could not identify.” In an interview that Lee Bowers gave with attorney Mark Lane, he explained that the “commotion” that caught his eye may have been “a flash of light or smoke.”

Lee Bowers testified that immediately following the assassination a motorcycle policeman left the presidential motorcade and roared up the grassy knoll straight to where the two mysterious gentlemen were standing behind the fence. The policeman dismounted, but then climbed on his motorcycle and drove off. On the morning of August 9, 1966, Lee Bowers was driving south from Dallas on business. He was two miles from Midlothian when his brand new company car veered from the road and hit a bridge abutment. Bowers was killed in the accident. There was no autopsy performed and he was cremated soon afterward. A doctor from Midlothian, who rode in the ambulance with Bowers, noticed something peculiar about the victim. “He was in a strange state of shock. I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Source:

http://listverse.com...-died-suddenly/

JFK Archives/Mystery Deaths

Also see Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History", pages 1012-1020.

"The vast majority of the witnesses on the various mysterious-death lists of the conspiracy theorists (e.g., Jim Marrs's book Crossfire lists 104 witnesses) weren't connected with the case in any known way whatsoever, and had absolutely nothing of any known value to say about the case. .... But of those who did have a connection -- such as Roger Craig, Earlene Roberts, Lee Bowers, and Buddy Walthers -- all of them, without exception, had already told their story, most of them on the public record, so what could possibly be achieved by killing them?" -- V. Bugliosi; Page 1018 of "Reclaiming History" (c.2007)

Edited by David Von Pein

Guest Tom Scully

David, doesn't this argument work both ways? Why not accuse Penn Jones of acting as an extension of the threat implied from his calls to attention of the "too many deaths to be coincidental," growing list of deaths?

The message was initiated with the assassination of Oswald.

Do you think Bugliosi was saying that there was no one left to discourage from testifying? Carol Hughes immediately comes to mind.

Could the testimony of this potential witness have impacted the Warren Report? Ever heard of him? I expect the FBI knew who he was and where to find him. If Oswald had lived to be tried in criminal court, we all would have heard of him. How come he is not mentioned in Bugiosi's "definitive" book? If naming him would have bolstered yours and Bugliosi's shared conclusions, one of you would have presented him.

In an adversarial proceeding, (a criminal trial is one, and the WC investigation was not) not only witnesses with information contrary to the official line, such as Jess Lynch would be challenged because of prior events in their lives calling their character into question, but every witness would be, including a darling witness like Mary Bledsoe! Bugliosi knows this better than I do, yet he ignores it in his book, and you never consider it.

From the "Replying To Dallas Cubans" thread.:

Robert,

I wish I could do more. Maybe you can answer this question? Why do you suppose the FBI stressed so vehemently that witness Jess Lynch was unreliable because his fingerprint record contradicted two minor records of arrest, many years before, in his youth....

http://www.maryferre...663&relPageId=6

Jess Lynch fingerprint/arrest record and second FBI interview memo 16 July 1964

http://www.maryferre...7&relPageId=174

Lynch denied prior arrests but FBI believes fingerprint records disprove this.

....yet that same FBI canonized this ...this....woman, as some sort of a St. Mary? Do you suppose the G-men located James Eulys Bledsoe, especially given the importance of his former spouse's "testimony," but decided to conceal even his name, based on the bureau's own strict standard of determining who was reliable, at least when it suited Mr. Hoover and the WC's Mr. Rankin?

http://wc.rootsweb.a...ander1&id=I9285

James Eulys BLEDSOE

Surname: Bledsoe

Given Name: James Eulys

Sex: M

Birth: 23 Sep 1891 in Petersburg, Lincoln Co., TN

Death: 20 Feb 1993 in El Paso, TX

_UID: B0B2DAF2EC0FD511B568BD47275DDA4EDC4A

Note: He was slim, 5'll" tall, and elegant with auburn hair and green eyes. He moved from TN with his family to TX around 1910. He divorced his first wife because while he travelled in his job for Southern Pacific Railroad, she played around and got pregnant. He gave the child his name, but the marriage was over. Died of a stroke.

Link to James E. Bledsoe's findagrave.com page:

http://www.findagrav....0&GRid=5616547

Link to findagrave.com page of Bledsoe's second wife, Neta L. Thomason :

http://www.findagrav...gr&GRid=5616549

(Is it only coincidental that the above linked genealogical record was part of a branch of the Sorrells' family record, and that both James E. Bledsoe and Forrest Sorrells resided in El Paso?)

http://vitals.rootsw...eath/search.cgi

BLEDSOE JAMES ELYUS 08/28/1914 mother maiden:GERMANY M Birth Place:TEXAS Death Place:BUTTE Death Date:05/05/1981

Dallas Morning News, The : BLEDSOE, PORTER LEEknown to most...

$2.95 - Dallas Morning News - May 12, 2005

He is survived by nephews James Ronald Bledsoe of California and Randolph John Bledsoe of Nevada, and hundreds of good friends who were his family.

http://www.legacy.co...e&pid=146101340

Walnut Creek - Obituary : Brett Bledsoe | | Obituaries

www.zirana.com/walnutcreek/.../obituary_brett_bledsoe_%7C.html

Oct 13, 2010 – Brett is survived by his father, James Ronald Bledsoe, stepmother, Pam Bledsoe, brother, James Bledsoe and many loving relatives and friends ....

Robert,

I wish I could do more. Maybe you can answer this question? Why do you suppose the FBI stressed so vehemently that witness Jess Lynch was unreliable because his fingerprint record contradicted two minor records of arrest, many years before, in his youth....

http://www.maryferre...663&relPageId=6

Jess Lynch fingerprint/arrest record and second FBI interview memo 16 July 1964

http://www.maryferre...7&relPageId=174

Lynch denied prior arrests but FBI believes fingerprint records disprove this.

....yet that same FBI canonized this ...this....woman, as some sort of a St. Mary? Do you suppose the G-men located James Eulys Bledsoe, especially given the importance of his former spouse's "testimony," but decided to conceal even his name, based on the bureau's own strict standard of determining who was reliable, at least when it suited Mr. Hoover and the WC's Mr. Rankin?

Tom, I think you answered your own question.....

but decided to conceal even his name, based on the bureau's own strict standard of determining who was reliable, at least when it suited Mr. Hoover and the WC's Mr. Rankin?

Or you could say that any facts that didn't strengthen the official version of events was summarily discarded....I realize your comment may have been a rhetorical question, but I at least wanted to respond........

Thank you, I was hoping for an answer because I've learned that serious people and the news gathering/entertainement/publishing media they control almost always give the WC and the FBI the benefit of the doubt, especially when it concerns a venial sin of omission.

Is it really true that J. Eulys Bledsoe lived out his life in Texas to the ripe old age of 101, and his name remained undiscovered, even though his former wife was represented as perhaps the most pivotal WC witnesses?

The Bledsoe family also seems to have remained clueless, at least from what little I can gather.:

http://archiver.root...2-09/1031537269

http://genforum.gene...?ca::13844.html

Edited by Tom Scully

David, doesn't this argument work both ways? Why not accuse Penn Jones of acting as an extension of the threat implied from his calls to attention of the "too many deaths to be coincidental," growing list of deaths?

The message was initiated with the assassination of Oswald.

Do you think Bugliosi was saying that there was no one left to discourage from testifying? Carol Hughes immediately comes to mind.

Could the testimony of this potential witness have impacted the Warren Report? Ever heard of him? I expect the FBI knew who he was and where to find him. If Oswald had lived to be tried in criminal court, we all would have heard of him. How come he is not mentioned in Bugiosi's "definitive" book? If naming him would have bolstered yours and Bugliosi's shared conclusions, one of you would have presented him.

1) Hughes is (or was) a woman, her husband's name is (or was) John.

2) According to HER FBI interview summery she didn't see, hear or know anything, do you have evidence to the contrary?

Guest Tom Scully

Len, this is the JFK Debate forum, not the "Nothing to see here, folks, now move along," forum. Some of us discuss the gaps, loose ends, contradictions, against all odds coincidences, that kinda thing.....

Also employed by South-Western Publishing were Gloria Calvery, Carol Hughes and Karen Westbrook (all of whom were outside during the shooting), as well as Karan Hicks (who was alone in the office).

Hicks was outside with Calvery, Westbrook, and Carol Reed. The employee who was alone in the office was Carol Hughes.

http://www.history-m...Vol22_0342b.htm

From the testimony of Geneva Hine about Hine's activity right after the shooting:

Miss HINE. . . . I knocked on the door of Lyons and Carnahan; that's a publishing company.

Mr. BALL. What did you do then?

Miss HINE. I tried the door, sir, and it was locked and I couldn't get in and I called, "Lee, please let me in," because she's the girl that had that office, Mrs. Lee Watley, and she didn't answer. I don't know if she was there or not, then I left her door. I retraced my steps back to where the hall turns to my left and went down it to Southwestern Publishing Co.'s door and I tried their door and the reason for this was because those windows face out.

Mr. BALL. On to Elm?

Miss HINE. Yes; and on to the triple underpass.

Mr. BALL. I See.

Miss HINE. And there was a girl in there talking on the telephone and I could hear her but she didn't answer the door.

Mr. BALL. Was the door locked?

Miss HINE. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL. That was which company?

Miss HINE. Southwestern Publishing Co.

Mr. BALL. Did you call to her?

Miss HINE. I called and called and shook the door and she didn't answer me because she was talking on the telephone; I could hear her. They have a little curtain up and I could see her form through the curtains. I could see her talking and I knew that's what she was doing. . . .

Hine could hear Hughes talking on the phone, but Hughes couldn't seem to hear Hine calling and calling and shaking the door.

Also, despite Hughes's vantage point from a window overlooking Elm Street and the underpass, she was not called to testify by the Warren Commission. In her FBI statement she says "I was standing looking out this window when President John F. Kennedy was shot." Incredibly, not a single word follows about what she saw.

You refer to the FBI "summary" of Carol hughes's statement. I guess you're just more accepting and less curious than I am.:

http://www.history-m...ess/witnessMap/HughesC.htm

Not Asked. NUMBER OF SHOTS : Not Asked. FBI STATEMENT: March 20, 1964. 22H654. [Statement does not reveal where Hughes thought the shots came from.]

Wouldn't it have been just dandy to ask Mrs. Hughes who took a head count of people present in her office

and reported it to investigators so as not to add to the list of absentees from the TSBD, which seemed to only include one name.

WH_Vol22_0342b.gif

Edited by Tom Scully

Malcolm FYI Here is the information from Jim Marrs book..''CROSSFIRE''.........

From "Crossfire" by Jim Marrs

Copyright © 1989 by Jim Marrs

First published by Carroll & Graff 1989

CONVENIENT DEATHS

In the three-year period which followed the murder of President

Kennedy and Lee Harvey Oswald, 18 material witnesses died - six by

gunfire, three in motor accidents, two by suicide, one from a cut

throat, one from a karate chop to the neck, five from natural causes.

An actuary, engaged by the London Sunday Times, concluded that on

November 22, 1963m the odds against these witnesses being dead by

February 1967, were one hundred thousand trillion to one.

The above comment on the deaths of assassination witnesses was published in

a tabloid companion piece to the movie _Execution Action_, released in 1973.

By that time, part of the mythology of the Kennedy assassination included the

mysterious deaths of people who were connected with it.

By the mid-1960s, people in Dallas already were whispering about the

number of persons who died under strange or questionable circumstances. Well

into the 1980s, witnesses and others were hesitant to come forward with

information because of the stories of strange and sudden death that seemed to

visit some people with information about the assassination.

Finally, in the late 1970s, the House Select Committee on Assassinations

felt compelled to look into the matter.

But aside from discrediting the London Sunday Times actuarial study, the

Committee was unable to come to any conclusions regarding the growing number

of deaths. The Committee said it could not make a valid actuarial study due

to the broad number and types of persons that had to be included in such a

study.

In response to a letter from the Committee, London Sunday Times legal

manager Anthony Whitaker stated:

Our piece about the odds against the deaths of the Kennedy witnesses

was, I regret to say, based on a careless journalistic mistake and

should not have been published. This was realized by The Sunday Times

editorial staff after the first edition - the one which goes to the

United States... - had gone out, and later editions were amended.

There was no question of our actuary having got his answer wrong: it

was simply that we asked him the wrong question. He was asked what

were the odds against 15 named people out of the population of the

United States dying within a short period of time, to which he replied

- correctly - that they were very high. However, if one asks what are

the odds against 15 of those included in the Warren Commission Index

dying within a given period, the answer is, of course, that they are

much lower. Our mistake was to treat the reply to the former question

as if it dealt with the latter - hence the fundamental error in our

first edition report, for which we apologize.

This settled the matter for the House Committee, which apparently made

little or no attempt to seriously study the number of deaths that followed

the JFK assassination.

Jacqueline Hess, the Committee's chief of research for the JFK

investigation, reported:

Our final conclusion on the issue is that the available evidence does

not establish anything about the nature of these deaths which would

indicate that the deaths were in some manner, either direct or

peripheral, caused by the assassination of President Kennedy or by

any aspect of the subsequent investigation.

However, an objective look at both the number and the causes of death

balanced against the importance of the person's connection to the case, still

causes raised eyebrows among those who study such a list.

In this section, people who were connected - no matter how tenuously -

with the assassination and who are now dead are listed according to date of

death.

This is dealing only with deaths, not with the numerous persons - such as

Warren Reynolds, Roger Craig, and Richard Carr - who claim to have been shot

at or attacked.

This chapter has been entitled "Convenient Deaths" because these deaths

certainly would have been convenient for anyone not wishing the truth of the

JFK assassination to become public.

The CIA has gone to some lengths to discredit the idea of mysterious

deaths plaguing assassination witnesses.

A 1967 memo from CIA headquarters to station chiefs advised:

Such vague accusations as that "more than 10 people have died

mysteriously" can always be explained in some rational way: e.g., the

individuals concerned have for the most part died of natural causes;

the [Warren] Commission staff questioned 418 witnesses - the FBI

interviewed far more people, conducting 25,000 interviews and

reinterviews - and in such a large group, a certain number of deaths

are to be expected.

Testifying before the Church Committee in 1975, CIA technicians told of a

variety of TWEP technology - Terminate With Extreme Prejudice - that cannot

be detected in a postmortem examination.

One recently declassified CIA document, a letter from an Agency consultant

to a CIA officer, states:

You will recall that I mentioned that the local circumstances under

which a given means might be used might suggest the technique to be

used in that case. I think the gross divisions in presenting this

subject might be:

(1) bodies left with no hope of the cause of death being determined by

the most complete autopsy and chemical examinations

(2) bodies left in such circumstances as to simulate accidental death

(3) bodies left in such circumstances as to simulate suicidal death

(4) bodies left with residue that simulates those caused by natural

diseases.

The letter goes on to show that undetected murders do not have to be the

result of sophisticated chemicals. It states:

There are two techniques which I believe should be mentioned since

they require no special equipment besides a strong arm and the will to

do such a job. These would be either to smother the victim with a

pillow or to strangle him with a wide piece of cloth such as a bath

towel. In such cases, there are no specific anatomic changes to

indicate the cause of death...

While it is obvious that the CIA - and hence the mob through operatives who

work for both - has the capability of killing, it is less well known that the

Agency has developed drugs to induce cancer.

Recall that Jack Ruby died of sudden lung cancer just as he had been granted

a new trial.

A 1952 CIA memo reported on the cancer-causing effects of beryllium:

"This is certainly the most toxic inorganic element and it produces a

peculiar fibrotic tumor at the site of local application. The amount

necessary to produce these tumors is a few micrograms."

Local law-enforcement officers and coroners are not equipped, either by

training or by inclination, to detect deaths induced by such sophisticated

means. They look for signs of a struggle, evidence of a break-in, bruises,

or marks on the victim.

With no evidence to the contrary, many deaths are ruled suicide or accident.

Others are ruled due to natural causes, such as heart attack.

It is interesting to note how the deaths are grouped. Many of the

earliest deaths came during the time of the Warren Commission investigation

or just afterwards.

More deaths took place in the late 1960s as New Orleans District Attorney

Jim Garrison was launching his investigation. Other suspicious deaths

occurred during the mid-1970s, as the Senate Intelligence Committee was

looking into assassinations by U.S. intelligence agencies. And finally,

another spate of deaths came around 1977, just as the House Select Committee

on Assassinations was gearing up its investigation.

These deaths are listed below in chronological order. An asterisk means

the death is a particularly suspicious one. They are also grouped according

to which investigation was being conducted at the time.

The possibility of convenient deaths leads one into a well of paranoia, yet

this long list cannot be summarily dismissed.

Obviously, many of these deaths - particularly in recent years - can be

ascribed to the passage of time. But others cannot - especially when viewed

in the context of the assassination inquiries taking place at the time.

Read for yourself and consider... When does coincidence end and conspiracy

begin?

List of Deaths

Date Name Connection with Case Cause of Death

11/63 Karyn Kupcinet* TV host's daughter who was Murdered

overheard telling of JFK's

death prior to 11/22/63

The Warren Commission Investigation

12/63 Jack Zangretti* Expressed foreknowledge of Gunshot victim

Ruby shooting Oswald

2/64 Eddy Benavides* Look-alike brother to Tippit Gunshot to head

shooting witness, Domingo

Benavides

3/64 Betty McDonald* Former Ruby employee who Suicide by hanging

alibied Warren Reynolds in Dallas jail

shooting suspect

3/64 Bill Chesher Thought to have information Heart attack

linking Oswald and Ruby

3/64 Hank Killam* Husband of Ruby employee, Throat cut

knew Oswald acquaintance

4/64 Bill Hunter* Reporter who was in Ruby's Accidental shooting

apartment on 11/24/63 by policeman

5/64 Gary Underhill* CIA agent who claimed Gunshot in head,

Agency was involved Ruled suicide

5/64 Hugh Ward* Private investigator working Plane crash in

with Guy Banister and David Mexico

Ferrie

5/64 DeLesseps Morrison* New Orleans mayor Passenger in Ward's

plane

8/64 Teresa Norton* Ruby employee Fatally shot

6/64 Guy Banister* Ex-FBI agent in New Orleans Heart attack

connected to Ferrie, CIA,

Carlos Marcello and Oswald

9/64 Jim Koethe* Reporter who was in Ruby's Blow to neck

apartment on 11/24/63

9/64 C.D. Jackson Life Magazine senior vice Unknown

president who bought Zapruder

film and locked it away

10/64 Mary Pinchot Meyer* JFK mistress whose diary was Murdered

taken by CIA chief James

Angleton after her death

1/65 Paul Mandal Life writer who told of JFK Cancer

turning to rear when shot in

throat

3/65 Tom Howard* Ruby's first lawyer, was in Heart attack

Ruby's apartment on 11/24/63

5/65 Maurice Gatlin* Pilot for Guy Banister Fatal Fall

8/65 Mona B. Saenz* Texas Employment clerk who Hit by Dallas bus

interviewed Oswald

?/65 David Goldstein Dallasite who helped FBI Natural causes

trace Oswald's pistol

9/65 Rose Cheramie* Knew of assassination in Hit/run victim

advance, told of riding to

Dallas with Cubans

11/65 Dorothy Kilgallen* Columnist who had private Drug overdose

interview with Ruby, pledged

to "break" JFK case

11/65 Mrs. Earl Smith* Close friend to Dorothy Unknown

Kilgallen, died two days

after columnist, may have

kept Kilgallen's notes

12/65 William Whaley* Cabdriver who reportedly Motor Collision

drove Oswald to Oak Cliff (the only Dallas

taxi driver to

die on duty)

1966 Judge Joe Brown Presided over Ruby's trial Heart attack

1966 Karen "Little Lynn" Ruby employee who last talked Gunshot victim

Carlin* with Ruby before Oswald shooting

1/66 Earline Roberts Oswald's landlady Heart attack

2/66 Albert Bogard* Car salesman who said Oswald Suicide

test drove new car

6/66 Capt. Frank Martin Dallas police captain who Cancer

witnessed Oswald slaying,

told Warren Commission,

"There's a lot to be said,

but probably be better if I

don't say it."

8/66 Lee Bowers, Jr.* Witnessed men behind picket Motor accident

fence on Grassy Knoll

9/66 Marilyn "Delilah" Ruby dancer Shot by husband

Walle* after one month

of marriage

10/66 William Pitzer* JFK autopsy photographer Gunshot, ruled

who described his duty as suicide

"horrifying experience"

11/66 Jimmy Levens Fort Worth nightclub owner Natural causes

who hired Ruby employee

11/66 James Worrell, Jr.* Saw man flee rear of Texas Motor accident

School Book Depository

1966 Clarence Oliver D.A. investigator who Unknown

worked Ruby case

12/66 Hank Suydam Life magazine official in Heart attack

charge of JFK stories

The Garrison Inquiry

1967 Leonard Pullin Civilian Navy employee who One-car crash

helped film _Last Two Days_

about assassination

1/67 Jack Ruby Oswald's slayer Lung cancer (He

told family he

was injected with

cancer cells.)

2/67 Harold Russell* Saw escape of Tippit killer Killed by cop in

bar brawl

2/67 David Ferrie* Acquaintance of Oswald, Blow to neck,

Garrison suspect, and ruled accidental

employee of Guy Banister

2/67 Eladio Del Valle* Anti-Castro Cuban associate Gunshot wound,

of David Ferrie being sought ax wound to head

by Garrison

3/67 Dr. Mary Sherman* Ferrie associate working on Died in fire

cancer research (possibly shot)

1/68 A.D. Bowie Assistant Dallas D.A. Cancer

prosecuting Ruby

4/68 Hiram Ingram Dallas deputy sheriff, close Cancer

friend to Roger Craig

5/68 Dr. Nicholas Chetta New Orleans coroner who ruled Heart attack

on death of Ferrie

8/68 Phillip Geraci* Friend of Perry Russo, told of Electrocution

Oswald/Shaw connection

1/69 Henry Delaune* Brother-in-law to coroner Murdered

Chetta

1/69 E.R. Walthers* Dallas deputy sheriff who Shot by felon

was involved in Depository

search, claimed to have found

.45-cal slug

1969 Charles Mentesana Filmed rifle other than Heart attack

Mannlicher-Carcano being taken

from Depository

4/69 Mary Bledsoe Neighbor to Oswald, also Natural causes

knew David Ferrie

4/69 John Crawford* Close friend to both Ruby and Crash of private

Wesley Frazier, who gave ride plane

to Oswald on 11/22/63

7/69 Rev. Clyde Johnson* Scheduled to testify about Fatally shot

Clay Shaw/Oswald connection

1970 George McGann* Underworld figure, connected Murdered

to Ruby friends; wife, Beverly,

took film in Dealey Plaza

1/70 Darrell W. Garner Arrested for shooting Warren Drug overdose

Reynolds, released after

alibi from Betty McDonald

8/70 Bill Decker Dallas sheriff who saw bullet Natural causes

hit street in front of JFK

8/70 Abraham Zapruder Took famous film of JFK Natural causes

assassination

12/70 Salvatore Granello* Mobster linked to Hoffa, Murdered

Trafficante, and Castro

assassination plots

1971 James Plumeri* Mobster tied to mob-CIA Murdered

assassination plots

3/71 Clayton Fowler Ruby's chief defense attorney Unknown

4/71 Gen. Charles Cabell* CIA deputy director connected Collapsed and

to anti-Castro Cubans died after

physical at Ft.

Myers

The Church Committee Investigation

1972 Hale Boggs* House majority leader, member Disappeared on

of Warren Commission who began Alaskan plane

to publicly express doubts flight

doubts about findings

5/72 J. Edgar Hoover* FBI director who pushed "Lone Heart attack (no

assassin" theory in JFK autopsy)

assassination

9/73 Thomas E. Davis* Gun runner connected to both Electrocuted

Ruby and CIA trying to steal

wire

2/74 J.A. Milteer* Miami right-winger who Heater explosion

predicted JFK's death and

capture of scapegoat

1974 Dave Yaras* Close friend to both Hoffa Murdered

and Jack Ruby

7/74 Earl Warren Chief justice who reluctantly Heart failure

chaired Warren Commission

8/74 Clay Shaw* Prime suspect in Garrison Possible cancer

case, reportedly a CIA

contact with Ferrie and E.

Howard Hunt

1974 Earle Cabell Mayor of Dallas on 11/22/63, Natural causes

whose brother, Gen. Charles

Cabell, was fired from CIA by

JFK

6/75 Sam Giancana* Chicago Mafia boss slated to Murdered

tell about CIA-mob death plots

to Senate Committee

1975 Clyde Tolson J. Edgar Hoover's assistant Natural causes

and roommate

7/75 Allan Sweatt Dallas deputy sheriff involved Natural causes

in investigation

12/75 Gen. Earl Wheeler Contact between JFK and CIA Unknown

1976 Ralph Paul Ruby's business partner Heart attack

connected with crime figures

4/76 James Chaney Dallas motorcycle officer Heart attack

to JFK's right rear who said

JFK "struck in the face" with

bullet

4/76 Dr. Charles Gregory Governor John Connally's Heart attack

physician

6/76 William Harvey* CIA coordinator for CIA-mob Complications of

assassination plans against heart surgery

Castro

7/76 John Roselli* Mobster who testified to Stabbed and

Senate committee, was to stuffed in metal

appear again drum

1977 - A Terrible Year for Many

The year 1977 produced a bumper crop of candidates for listing under

convenient deaths connected with the JFK assassination - including the deaths

of six top FBI officials all of whom were scheduled to testify before the

House Select Committee on Assassinations.

Topping this list was former number-three man in the FBI, William C.

Sullivan, who had already had a preliminary meeting with the investigators

for the House Committee. Sullivan was shot with a high-powered rifle near

his New Hampshire home by a man who claimed to have mistaken him for a deer.

The man was charged with a misdemeanor - "shooting a human being by

accident" - and released to the custody of his father, a state policeman.

There was no further investigation of Sullivan's death.

Louis Nichols was a special assistant to J. Edgar Hoover as well as

Hoover's liaison with the Warren Commission. Alan H. Belmont also was a

special assistant to Hoover. James Cadigan was a document expert with access

to many classified assassination documents, while J.M. English headed the FBI

laboratory where Oswald's rifle and pistol were tested. Donald Kaylor was

the FBI fingerprint expert who examined prints found at the assassination

scene. None of these six Bureau officials lived to tell what they knew to

the House Committee.

Other key assassination witnesses, such as George DeMohrenschildt and

former Cuban president Carlos Prio Soccaras, died within weeks of each other

in 1977, just as they, too, were being sought by the House Committee.

The ranks of both organized crime and U.S. intelligence agencies were

thinned by deaths beginning in 1975, the time of the Senate Intelligence

Hearings, and 1978, the closing months of the House Committee.

Charles Nicoletti, a mobster connected with the CIA-Mafia assassination

plots, was murdered in Chicago, while William Pawley, a former diplomat

connected with both organized crime and CIA figures, reportedly committed

suicide.

Adding to rumors that "hit teams" may have been at work, a Time magazine

article reported that federal agents had initiated a nationwide investigation

into more than 20 gangland assassinations constituting what agents believed

was an "open underworld challenge to governmental infiltration of Mafia

activities."

One FBI source was quoted as saying: "Our main concern is that we may be

facing a revival of the old `Murder, Inc.' days."

A New York News story concerning this official fear of roving

assassination squads even mentions the death of Sam Giancana, who was killed

one day before he was scheduled to testify about mob-CIA connections and

while under government protection.

Prior to the House Committee investigation into the JFK assassination,

the news media reported the following deaths:

1/77 William Pawley* Former Brazilian ambassador Gunshot, ruled

connected to anti-Castro suicide

Cubans, crime figures

3/77 George Close friend to both Oswald Gunshot wound,

DeMohrenschildt* and Bouvier family (Jackie ruled suicide

Kennedy's parents), CIA

contract agent

3/77 Carlos Prio Former Cuban president, Gunshot wound,

Soccaras* money man for anti-Castro ruled suicide

Cubans

3/77 Paul Raigorodsky Business friend of George Natural causes

DeMohrenschildt and wealthy

oilmen

5/77 Lou Staples* Dallas radio talk show host Gunshot to head,

who told friends he would ruled suicide

break case

6/77 Louis Nichols Former number-three man in Heart attack

FBI, worked on JFK

investigation

8/77 Alan Belmont FBI official who testified to "Long illness"

Warren Commission

8/77 James Cadigan FBI document expert who Fall in home

testified to Warren Commission

8/77 Joseph C. Ayres* Chief steward on JFK's Shooting accident

Air Force One

8/77 Francis G. Powers* U-2 pilot downed over Russia Helicopter crash

in 1960 (he reportedly

ran out of fuel)

9/77 Kenneth O'Donnell JFK's closest aide Natural causes

10/77 Donald Kaylor FBI fingerprint chemist Heart attack

10/77 J.M. English Former head of FBI Forensic Heart attack

Sciences Laboratory

11/77 William Sullivan* Former number-three man in Hunting accident

FBI, headed Division 5,

counterespionage and

domestic intelligence

1978 C.L. "Lummie" Lewis Dallas deputy sheriff who Natural causes

arrested Mafia man Braden in

Dealey Plaza

9/78 Garland Slack Man who said his target was Unknown

fired at by Oswald at rifle

range

1/79 Billy Lovelady Depository employee said to be Complications

the man in the doorway in AP from heart attack

photograph

6/80 Dr. John Holbrook Psychiatrist who testified Heart attack, but

Ruby was not insane pills, notes found

1/81 Marguerite Oswald Mother of accused assassin Cancer

10/81 Frank Watts Chief felony prosecutor for Natural causes

Dallas D.A.

1/82 Peter Gregory Original translator for Natural causes

Marina Oswald and Secret

Service

5/82 Dr. James Weston Pathologist allowed to see Died while

JFK autopsy material for jogging, ruled

HSCA natural causes

8/82 Will H. Griffin FBI agent who reportedly Cancer

said Oswald was "definitely"

an FBI informant

10/82 W. Marvin Gheesling FBI official who helped Natural causes

supervise JFK investigation

3/84 Roy Kellerman Secret Service agent in charge Unknown

if JFK limousine

--- end

--------------------

B.

JFK Archives/Mystery Deaths

Also see Vincent Bugliosi's "Reclaiming History", pages 1012-1020.

"The vast majority of the witnesses on the various mysterious-death lists of the conspiracy theorists (e.g., Jim Marrs's book Crossfire lists 104 witnesses) weren't connected with the case in any known way whatsoever, and had absolutely nothing of any known value to say about the case. .... But of those who did have a connection -- such as Roger Craig, Earlene Roberts, Lee Bowers, and Buddy Walthers -- all of them, without exception, had already told their story, most of them on the public record, so what could possibly be achieved by killing them?" -- V. Bugliosi; Page 1018 of "Reclaiming History" (c.2007)

One of the main objectives of killing witnesses who have come forward is to stop people who also know things from coming forward.

Thanks for all the interesting comments.Apart from witnesses that died,a lot were apparently scared into denying what they saw.

Some Threats

My own interest in the killing of the President grew out of reading the testimony of witnesses in the 26 volumes of Hearings and Exhibits who claimed that they had been pressured or threatened. When my very first attempt at interviewing a witness brought me in contact with an average American housewife who claimed she had been pressured by the FBI to change her story, something confirmed by the FBI's own reports on the incident, I decided to look further. I soon learned that other researchers had encountered the same type of story, and in fact had found persons who had claimed direct threats of harm.

The Warren Commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald murdered police officer Jefferson Davis Tippit without hearing the testimony of a number of key witnesses. Among them was Mrs. Acquilla Clemons who was located by independent investigators who did the sort of routine canvassing of the neighborhood one would have expected the FBI and Dallas Police to have done. Mrs. Clemons told investigators that she had seen two men at the scene of the crime and the physical description of each did not match that of Lee Harvey Oswald. Two days after the Tippit killing a man with a gun came to see Mrs. Clemons and told her that it would be best if she didn't say anything to anyone or she "might get hurt."

Threats were also reported by witnesses who appeared before the Warren Commission. Mrs. Wilma Tice, who swore to both the FBI and the Warren Commission that she had seen Jack Ruby at the Parkland Hospital where President Kennedy was being treated just after the assassination, complained to both the FBI and Commission about threats and harassment from unknown parties. She contacted the police after an anonymous male caller told her to keep her mouth shut. They arrived at the scene and found evidence of harassment including a 12 foot ladder wedged against her back door. This all occurred between July 19, 1964 when she received her subpoena to appear and her actual testimony to the Warren Commission on July 24. Instead of attempting to reassure Mrs. Tice the Commission attorney who questioned her emphasized that she did not have to testify, that he would not subpoena her, and almost succeeded where anonymous callers had failed. She persisted in placing Jack Ruby at the Parkland Hospital as did reporter Seth Kantor, but to no avail since the Commission chose to disagree.

Amos L. Euins, a young assassination witness, told a newsman at the scene that he had definitely seen a man with a rifle leaning out of a window in the Texas School Book Depository Building, and that the man was definitely "a colored man." Since Lee Harvey Oswald was a white man, this was in conflict with the official version. Mr. Euins' mother reported that prior to his testimony before the Warren Commission the family received telephone threats.

There were also witnesses who told independent investigators of threats and harassment which allegedly occurred long after their testimony. These were usually witnesses who were quite vocal and public about what they had seen in Dallas. For example, Richard Randolph Carr told independent investigators of pressure and harassment from the FBI and police as well as threatening phone calls and indicated that these had played a role in his decision to move from Dallas to Montana. On the day of the assassination Mr. Carr swore that he observed a man near the alleged assassin's window who was not Lee Harvey Oswald. His description dovetailed perfectly with the description of one of the two armed men observed minutes later in the alleged assassin's window by Mrs. Carolyn Walther who also signed an affidavit following the assassination. After the shots Carr noticed a man walking away from the Book Depository Building who he thought was the same man he had seen in the window and actually followed him for several blocks' The man got into a light colored Rambler station wagon with a luggage rack on the roof with Texas license plates and was driven away by a swarthy skinned man. Minutes later a similar man and car were observed by two witnesses as they made a Buick pickup of a man running from the general area of the Book Depository Building. A deputy sheriff, Roger Craig, identified the man who was picked up as either Lee Harvey Oswald or someone who looked a lot like him. (The Commission places Oswald in another part of town at that moment.) Craig, who allegedly complained ~ to Warren Report critics of threats and attempts on his life, committed suicide in May of this year.

A Brush With Death

Mr. Warren Reynolds, who was employed in a car lot one block from the scene of the shooting of police officer Tippit, told the FBI on January 21, 1964 that he had seen a man carrying a pistol fleeing from the scene of the killing. He also told them that he could not identify the man as Oswald, despite the fact that he had followed the man for a block and seen him at close range. Two days after this FBI interview he was shot through the head in the basement of his office. Since nothing was stolen there was no obvious motive.

Reynolds was hospitalized and miraculously recovered from his head wound. He had been out of the hospital for about three weeks when, late in February of 1964, an attempt was allegedly made to kidnap his ten year old daughter. He and his family received telephone threats. Reynolds' growing fear brought about major changes in his everyday life including continuous worry, the end to night walks, and the presence of a friend at the car lot after dark. He owned a watchdog and surrounded his house with floodlights which could be instantly turned on.

In July 1964 he told Warren Commission counsel what had happened since the FBI interviewed him and indicated that he felt these events were connected to his having witnessed the aftermath of the Tippit killing. After almost six months of terror Reynolds decided that he could now identify the man he had seen as Oswald. Readers of the Warren Report, unless they made it all the way to the Speculations and Rumors Appendix, learned nothing of the pressures on Reynolds, for in the main body of the report they read only:

Reynolds did not make a positive identification when interviewed by the FBI, but he subsequently testified before a Commission staff member and, when shown two photographs of Oswald, stated that they were photographs of the man he saw. (
Report of the President's Commission on the Assassination of President John F. Kennedy,
U.S. Govt. Printing Office, Washington, 1964, page 171.)

But the story is not over. Darrell Wayne Garner, the "prime suspect" arrested after the shooting of Reynolds, was released on the strength of an alibi provided by his girlfriend, Nancy Jane Mooney, alias Betty McDonald. Ms. Mooney had worked as a stripper at Jack Ruby's Carousel Club. Eight days after providing an alibi for Garner, Ms. Mooney was herself arrested. The charge was "disturbing the peace." She had allegedly been fighting with her roommate on a street corner, although the roommate was not arrested. Two hours later she was dead, allegedly having hung herself in her jail cell. Several years later Mr. Garner was located by independent investigators and denied shooting Reynolds but admitted knowing a number of the principal figures in the case and gave a good deal of information to independent investigators. He was buried in Dallas on January 24, 1970, allegedly the victim of a heroin overdose, his role in this whole affair still pretty unclear.

Source:

http://spot.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_issues/34th_Issue/fear.html

Len, this is the JFK Debate forum, not the "Nothing to see here, folks, now move along," forum. Some of us discuss the gaps, loose ends, contradictions, against all odds coincidences, that kinda thing.....

Also employed by South-Western Publishing were Gloria Calvery, Carol Hughes and Karen Westbrook (all of whom were outside during the shooting), as well as Karan Hicks (who was alone in the office).

Hicks was outside with Calvery, Westbrook, and Carol Reed. The employee who was alone in the office was Carol Hughes.

http://www.history-m...Vol22_0342b.htm

From the testimony of Geneva Hine about Hine's activity right after the shooting:

Miss HINE. . . . I knocked on the door of Lyons and Carnahan; that's a publishing company.

Mr. BALL. What did you do then?

Miss HINE. I tried the door, sir, and it was locked and I couldn't get in and I called, "Lee, please let me in," because she's the girl that had that office, Mrs. Lee Watley, and she didn't answer. I don't know if she was there or not, then I left her door. I retraced my steps back to where the hall turns to my left and went down it to Southwestern Publishing Co.'s door and I tried their door and the reason for this was because those windows face out.

Mr. BALL. On to Elm?

Miss HINE. Yes; and on to the triple underpass.

Mr. BALL. I See.

Miss HINE. And there was a girl in there talking on the telephone and I could hear her but she didn't answer the door.

Mr. BALL. Was the door locked?

Miss HINE. Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL. That was which company?

Miss HINE. Southwestern Publishing Co.

Mr. BALL. Did you call to her?

Miss HINE. I called and called and shook the door and she didn't answer me because she was talking on the telephone; I could hear her. They have a little curtain up and I could see her form through the curtains. I could see her talking and I knew that's what she was doing. . . .

Hine could hear Hughes talking on the phone, but Hughes couldn't seem to hear Hine calling and calling and shaking the door.

Also, despite Hughes's vantage point from a window overlooking Elm Street and the underpass, she was not called to testify by the Warren Commission. In her FBI statement she says "I was standing looking out this window when President John F. Kennedy was shot." Incredibly, not a single word follows about what she saw.

You refer to the FBI "summary" of Carol hughes's statement. I guess you're just more accepting and less curious than I am.:

http://www.history-m...ess/witnessMap/HughesC.htm

Not Asked. NUMBER OF SHOTS : Not Asked. FBI STATEMENT: March 20, 1964. 22H654. [Statement does not reveal where Hughes thought the shots came from.]

Wouldn't it have been just dandy to ask Mrs. Hughes who took a head count of people present in her office

and reported it to investigators so as not to add to the list of absentees from the TSBD, which seemed to only include one name.

WH_Vol22_0342b.gif

Was there a shortage of witnesses who opined about the number or direction shots? She was on the 2nd floor of TSBD so the accuracy or her perceptions would have been questionable. They were concerned with the location and movements of LHO or any unknown people in the building. You are not going to solve anything focusing over minutiae like this. I haven’t read the Bug’s book and wouldn’t have the expertise to evaluate it if I did but the most tell defect in it or the WCR/FBI investigation is the failure to ask Mrs. Hughes such questions they must have done a pretty good job. :)

Not sure what you meant about the "head count", she said she was the ONLY person in her office.

Malcolm FYI Here is the information from Jim Marrs book..''CROSSFIRE''.........

About 1% of Americans die a year so 20 years later about 20% of random group would be dead. Those percentages will be higher if the group is made up entirely of adults.

You don't have to argue over whether suspicious deaths related to the assassination of JFK were connected to his death or not, or whether they are homicides, all you have to do is get them to properly investigate those related murders that are certifiably homicides, and solving any one of them will help in solving the assassination of JFK.

I thought Congress passed the Emmett Till Bill that would have established a special branch of the Dept. of Justice to investigate and prosecute unsolved civil rights murders of the 50s and 60s, which would have included JFK and some of these cases, but I think that bill was successfully derailed by those who would rather not resolve these issues. If anyone knows anything more about the current state of the Emmett Till Bill and the special unit that was supposed to be established, I'd like to hear about it.

JFKcountercoup: Related Unsolved Homicides / Jurisdictions

RELATED UNSOLVED HOMICIDES – And their Jurisdictions. Human Hearts to chew.

UNSUB : Unknown Subject/suspect

1) Henry Marshall – June 3, 1961– Franklin, Texas. Gassed with Carbon Monixide, shot seven times with rifle, originally ruled suicide.

2) John F. Kennedy – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Shot in head by sniper(s).UNSUB#1 & UNSUB#2.

3) J.D. Tippit – November 22, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Dallas policeman shot by pedestrian. UNSUB #3.

4) Lee Harvey Oswald – November 24, 1963 – Dallas, Texas. Suspect shot by JACK RUBY in police custody.

5) Karyn Kupcient – November 26, 1963 – Los Angeles, California. Strangled in apartment. UNSUB #4.

6) Jack Zangretti – Dec., 1963 – Lake Lugert, Texas. Chicago mobster shot by UNSUB #5.

7) Jim Koethe – Sept. 21, 1964 – Dallas, Tx.. Reporter assaulted in apartment by UNSUB #6. (Same MO as #4).

8) Mary Pinocot Meyer – October 12, 1964 – Georgetown Canal, Washington D.C. Assaulted by UNSUB #7.

9) Elidio Delvalle – February, 1967 – Miami, Florida. Murdered in automobile on streetcorner by UNSUB #8.

10) Martin Luther King, Jr. – 1968 – Memphis, Tenn. Shot by sniper UNSUB #9.

11) Robert F. Kennedy – June, 1968 – L. A., California. Shot by handgun UNSUB #10 with Sirhan B. Sirhan.

12) Salvadore Allende – September 11, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Assassinated during military coup.

13) Charles Horman – September, 1972 – Santiago, Chile. Murdered by assassination squad of Augusta Pinochet.

14) Jose Dela Torriente – April 12, 1974 – Florida. Former Collins Radio Cuban, shot by sniper UNSUB #11

15) Dave Yaras – 1974 – Chicago. Mobster murdered gangland style. UNSUB #12

16) Charles Nicoletti – 1974 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #13

17) Sam Giancana – 1975 – Chicago. Murdered gangland style. UNSUB #14

18) John Roselli – July, 1976 – Florida. Shot on boat, chopped and deep sixed in oil can. UNSUB #15

19) Orlando Letelier/Ronnie Moffitt – September, 1976. Dupont Circle, Washington D.C. Double bombing victims.

20) Navy Lt. Pitzer. Bethesda, Maryland. Suspicious death, considered murder by ONI investigator. UNSUB #16

"I met Murder on the way –

He had a mask like Castlereagh:

Very smooth he looked, yet grim;

Seven bloodhounds followed him.

All were fat; and well they might

Be in admirable plight,

For one by one, and two by two,

He tossed them human hearts to chew."

- The Masque of Anarchy. From: "Studies In Murder" by Edmund Lester Pearson.

JFKcountercoup: Related Unsolved Homicides / Jurisdictions

Edited by William Kelly

• 10 months later...

Is it reasonable,for so many deaths to happen to people associated with the JFK Assassination.There was a article once quoted in the London Sunday Times that the odds of these deaths occurring were one hundred thousand trillion to one.

From opednews.com

Executive Action: JFK Witness Deaths and the London Times Actuary

by Richard Charnin

April 16, 2013

http://www.opednews....-130416-98.html

Bill, Stu did talk with the Justice Department officrer who heads the civil rights cold case unit and they have done investigations and briefed families on several

of the unsolved civil rights murders; they have also done a couple of successful prosecutions. Stu could give you more detail. The one case they will not look into is

the MLK murder since they carry it as closed, not open, with Ray's conviction.

-- Larry

From opednews.com

by Richard Charnin

April 16, 2013

Oh, my! How embarrassing. The "trillion to one" stuff is absolute nonsense. In order to establish a probability, you have to establish a boundary. The original actuary, as I recall, was asked to determine the probability 18 of 18 would die from mysterious causes, and did not understand that the 18 mysterious deaths were taken from a pool of a thousand or more.

Now, that's not to say none of the deaths are mysterious. The death of David Ferrie but a few days after LBJ was told Garrison was trying to link Ferrie to him, is indeed interesting, as is the near-simultaneous death of one of Ferrie's contacts. And then there's the deaths of Hoffa, Giancana, Rosselli, De Mohrenschildt, Pawley, Artime, etc... during the mid-70's, which is quite intriguing, IMO.

Edited by Pat Speer

From opednews.com

by Richard Charnin

April 16, 2013

Oh, my! How embarrassing. The "trillion to one" stuff is absolute nonsense. In order to establish a probability, you have to establish a boundary. The original actuary, as I recall, was asked to determine the probability 18 of 18 would die from mysterious causes, and did not understand that the 18 mysterious deaths were taken from a pool of a thousand or more.

Now, that's not say none of the deaths are mysterious. The death of David Ferrie but a few days after LBJ was told Garrison was trying to link Ferrie to him, is indeed interesting, as is the near-simultaneous death of one of Ferrie's contacts. And then there's the deaths of Cain, Hoffa, Giancana, Rosselli, De Mohrenschildt, Pawley, Artime, etc... during the mid-70's, which is quite intriguing, IMO.

Pat,

I agree that the timely deaths of David Ferrie and "one of his contacts" Eladio Del Valle are two of the most interesting ones. It's my understanding that Del Valle was an anti-Castro Cuban and a mobbed-up drug smuggler, as well. Can't remember off the top of my head if he was CIA-connected. Wouldn't be surprised.

--Tommy :sun