The Education Forum

Hidden US-Israeli Military Agenda: "Break Syria into Pieces" BALKANIZE SYRIA

Do you fail to understand the difference between editorial and journalistic content? The WaPo is hardly the only media outlet whose reporting contradicts your fantasies.END Colby fantasies ?? A pejorative comment ?? MODERATORS PLEASE NOTE

######################################

Editorial will sometimes correct incorrect journalistic content of important issues.

======================================

Uuuuh, that guy was Iraqi, I guess Gaal thinks all Arabs are a like END COLBY GAAL THINKS ALL ARABS ARE ALIKE ?? A pejorative comment ?? MODERATORS PLEASE NOTE

#############################################

You had a video of a Syrian defector (giving a story) that might lead to war. I gave link about Iraqi defector (false story) that did lead to WAR.

As I stated before ,past is prologue. I guess I will have to get this study to understand you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/3303931

Bush, Cheney? When have I ever cited them as reliable sources anywhere, END COLBY I recall u supported IRAQ II

BUSH,CHENEY lead the nation to war re: Iraq II

##############################################

US STATE DEPARTMENT TO USE TERRORIST TO DESTABILIZE SYRIA

Watch out for MEK’s movements in Syria June 05 2012

http://www.nejatngo....st.aspx?id=4509

Habilian Foundation Secretary-General warns Syrian officials against the activities of the terrorist Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO, a.k.a. MEK and PMOI) on the Syrian soil.

######################################################################

http://fromthetrench...st-group/17327/

Since May of this year, the Obama administration has been pushing to have a terrorist organization removed from the terrorist watch list. The Mujahadeen- e-Khalq of Iran is allegedly responsible for assassinating US citizens and even worked together with Saddam Hussein. The group has been on the watch list for approximately 15 years, so why is there this push to remove the MEK as terrorists? Jamal Abdi, policy director at The National Iranian American Council, takes a closer look at the possible motives

Edited by Steven Gaal

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My latest

Do you fail to understand the difference between editorial and journalistic content? The WaPo is hardly the only media outlet whose reporting contradicts your fantasies.END Colby fantasies ?? A pejorative comment ?? MODERATORS PLEASE NOTE

Other than perhaps Fetzer no one on this forum so frequently resorts to "pejorative comment(s)" than you do. Did you fail to notice there is a 'Report' button?

######################################

Editorial will sometimes correct incorrect journalistic content of important issues.

Irrelevant even IF true because your link made no mention of inaccuracies in the latter.

Uuuuh, that guy was Iraqi, I guess Gaal thinks all Arabs are a like END COLBY GAAL THINKS ALL ARABS ARE ALIKE ?? A pejorative comment ?? MODERATORS PLEASE NOTE

Other than perhaps Fetzer no one on this forum so frequently resorts to "pejorative comment(s)" than you do. Did you fail to notice there is a 'Report' button?

You had a video of a Syrian defector (giving a story) that might lead to war. I gave link about Iraqi defector (false story) that did lead to WAR.

As I stated before ,past is prologue. I guess I will have to get this study to understand you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/3303931

Once again should we judge you by the Westboro Baptist Church? Or how about Oral Roberts, Jim Bakker or Jimmy Lee Swaggart? They are bible thumpers, they are hypocritical liars, you are a bible thumper therefor....

Bush, Cheney? When have I ever cited them as reliable sources anywhere, END COLBY I recall u supported IRAQ II

BUSH,CHENEY lead the nation to war re: Iraq II

As with your false claims that I claimed to have a PhD from Oberlin or had cited Counterpunch re the JFK assassination or that the LA media said Noguchi was a necrophile your recollection is 100% false. I was never in favor of the Iraq war and never cited either of those assholes as reliable sources.

##############################################

US STATE DEPARTMENT TO USE TERRORIST TO DESTABILIZE SYRIA

Watch out for MEK’s movements in Syria June 05 2012

http://www.nejatngo....st.aspx?id=4509

Raw speculation from an obscure source which I'm guessing is tied to Iranian intel and/or the Mullahs

Habilian Foundation Secretary-General warns Syrian officials against the activities of the terrorist Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO, a.k.a. MEK and PMOI) on the Syrian soil.

http://fromthetrench...st-group/17327/

Since May of this year, the Obama administration has been pushing to have a terrorist organization removed from the terrorist watch list. The Mujahadeen- e-Khalq of Iran is allegedly responsible for assassinating US citizens and even worked together with Saddam Hussein. The group has been on the watch list for approximately 15 years, so why is there this push to remove the MEK as terrorists? Jamal Abdi, policy director at The National Iranian American Council, takes a closer look at the possible motives

Typical of the crap you post here completely inaccurate. If you'd bothered to watch the link you'd see that others including Patrick Kennedy were campaigning for MEK to be delisted. This determination is made by the Secretary of State, pretty obviously with the approval of the POTUS Obama and Clinton don't need to 'push' anyone to do this.

http://news.antiwar....-change-status/

CLOSE BASE AND SET UP NEW BASE MUCH CLOSER TO SYRIA.

THE STAE DEPT. HAS IDEA FOR NEW BASE>

######################################################

Raw speculation from an obscure source which I'm guessing is tied to Iranian intel and/or the Mullahs // END Colby

--------------------------------- There is a recent mid level MEK "DEFEKTOR" saying Saudi/Mossad paying for MEK anti-Syria net/PR actions. Another DEFECTOR you used as credible anti-Syria source.I guess its who sides the DEFECTOR takes as to Colby's idea of ,WHO IS CREDIBILE.

====================

MKO Terrorists Receive Funds from Saudi Arabia, Israel: MKO Defector

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/245477-MKO-Terrorists-Receive-Funds-from-Saudi-Arabia-Israel-MKO-Defector

------------------------------------ also

http://www.nejatngo....st.aspx?ID=4587

The MKO defector continued pointing to the MKO’s role in riots in Syria;”A certain number of the MKO members in camp Ashraf and even in Liberty have access to computers, the Internet and telephone. They have been ordered to help riots in Syria by using the media.”

############

#####################################################

Editorial will sometimes correct incorrect journalistic content of important issues // END Gaal.

Irrelevant even IF true because your link made no mention of inaccuracies in the latter.// END COLBY

Gee I read in link "Mention of inaccuracies" =

"The Post still has not retracted its endorsement of Powell's U.N. address, even after evidence surfaced that Powell had reason to know that many of the claims he made in the speech were disputed at the time within the intelligence community."

Edited by Steven Gaal

http://news.antiwar....-change-status/

CLOSE BASE AND SET UP NEW BASE MUCH CLOSER TO SYRIA.

THE STAE DEPT. HAS IDEA FOR NEW BASE>

######################################################

Your cited source only said State was pressuring MeK to close it's camp and made no mention of a new facility, let alone one "MUCH CLOSER TO SYRIA". The only thing alnong those lines in the source cited by your source, a Reuters article in the Chicago Tribune, was the following:

...despite repeated U.S. appeals to close the camp and the successful relocation of some 2,000 MEK members to a new holding facility near Baghdad, the group continues to have 1,200-1,300 members at Camp Ashraf and has taken no steps to relocate them since May 5.

But from context it seems that "
holding facility" is run by "
the Shi'ite-led government" in whose Iraq MeK "
is no longer welcome" In any case Baghdad is due south of
"
Camp Ashraf " and thus not any close to Syria.

This is why I don't trust you, you repeatedly misquote your sources.

Raw speculation from an obscure source which I'm guessing is tied to Iranian intel and/or the Mullahs // END Colby

--------------------------------- There is a recent mid level MEK "DEFEKTOR" saying Saudi/Mossad paying for MEK anti-Syria net/PR actions. Another DEFECTOR you used as credible anti-Syria source.I guess its who sides the DEFECTOR takes as to Colby's idea of ,WHO IS CREDIBILE.

====================

MKO Terrorists Receive Funds from Saudi Arabia, Israel: MKO Defector

http://www.sott.net/...el-MKO-Defector

------------------------------------ also

It really would not surprise me if they were funding MeK, Iran funds anti-Israeli terrorist groups (Hamas and Hezbollah) but your source is a report is from PressTV an unreliable Iranian gov't controlled news/propaganda outlet. That said despite the headline the text only said
"
Maryam Sanjabi said there
is evidence about
the relations and cooperation between the MKO and the Saudi kingdom." i.e. only speculation about Saudi Arabia and nothing about Israel, don't you even bother to read your sources?

http://www.nejatngo....st.aspx?ID=4587

The MKO defector continued pointing to the MKO’s role in riots in Syria;”A certain number of the MKO members in camp Ashraf and even in Liberty have access to computers, the Internet and telephone. They have been ordered to help riots in Syria by using the media.”

############

Let's see an unidentified supposed defector cited in an anonymously written article on an obscure website versus a former army coronal identified by name, city of origin and former unit speaking openly on CNN and other similarly identified former soldiers interviewed by major news channels. Sorry they are NOT comparable.

#####################################################

Editorial will sometimes correct incorrect journalistic content of important issues // END Gaal.

Irrelevant even IF true because your link made no mention of inaccuracies in the latter.// END COLBY

Gee I read in link "Mention of inaccuracies" =

"The latter" referred to "journalistic content"

"The Post still has not retracted its endorsement of Powell's U.N. address, even after evidence surfaced that Powell had reason to know that many of the claims he made in the speech were disputed at the time within the intelligence community."

A Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization defector says the terrorist group receives funding from Saudi Arabia and Israel, emphasizing MKO's role in the suppression and massacre of Iraqis under the former Baath regime.

++++++++++++++++++++

This is what he says. Uglytruth Site

According to Seyed Mohammad Javad Hasheminejad, secretary-general of the Habilian Association – a human rights group formed of the families of 17,000 Iranian terror victims – the revelation was made by a highly trusted MKO veteran who used to serve the MKO ringleader, Maryam Rajavi, as her highly confided interpreter in top secret sessions with former Iraqi regime officials and US authorities.

Hasheminejad said he had informed Syria of MKO’s meddling during a meeting with Syrian Ambassador to Tehran.

Hasheminejad had told the Syrian envoy late in May that MKO is preparing itself to stage a massive terrorist operation in Syria.

“We hold proof and authentic documents showing an extensive and all-round presence of this terrorist organization in Syria. This terrorist grouplet is using all its possibilities to stage terrorist and sabotage operations in Syria,” he said at the time.

#####################

SHOAH SITE

One of the MEK’s most militant activists, Massoud Rajavi was imprisoned in Iran from 1972-1979 but nonetheless remained influential within the group and rose to command it in 1975 after the Mojahedin experienced an internal schism. From his release from prison until today, he has maintained absolute control of the MEK and its associated groups. The MEK partnered with Ayatollah Khomeini to overthrow the Shah but fell out out of favour with the Iranian clergy when the dust settled in the aftermath of the 1979 Islamic Revolution. Khomeini blocked MEK leaders from running in the first post-revolution presidential elections. The MEK responded by staging anti-Khomeini demonstrations, which provoked a violent backlash from the new government and ignited a vicious cycle of attack and reprisal that led to the imprisonment, torture and death of thousands of Iranians in the early 1980s, predominantly anyone of left-leaning persuasion.

###########################################

Huffington Post publishes, and then deletes, a post by a MeK spokesman. What does this tell us about Terrorism?

By Glenn Greenwald

http://www.shoah.org.uk/2012/07/13/americas-own-terror-group/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Everything They’re Telling Us About Syria….is False?

http://whowhatwhy.co...syria-is-false/

=

========= related

http://tv.globalrese...conference-fren

Edited by Steven Gaal

The Syrian opposition: who's doing the talking?

The media have been too passive when it comes to Syrian opposition sources, without scrutinising their backgrounds and their political connections. Time for a closer look …

http://www.guardian....ing-the-talking

#########################################

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2012/07/syria-how-us-pays-snc-auxiliaries-pull-back-fake-rape.html

July 12, 2012

Syria: How U.S. Pays SNC, Auxiliaries Pull Back, Fake Rape

Is the Syrian National Council of expats that demands war against Syria a western political intelligence operation?

Sure. And if there ever were any doubts about that this piece should bury them.

This is a story about the storytellers: the spokespeople, the "experts on Syria", the "democracy activists". The statement makers. The people who "urge" and "warn" and "call for action".

It's a tale about some of the most quoted members of the Syrian opposition and their connection to the Anglo-American opposition creation business.

As we will see, several of these spokespeople have found support, and in some cases developed long and lucrative relationships with advocates of military intervention on both sides of the Atlantic.

The piece goes into the well sourced details of years-long western finance for several of the leading SNC functionaries including for one of their main promoters the neocon Michael Weiss who we flagged here half a year ago.

Remember that Turkish jet Syria shot down? Erdogan and his sidekicks were so up in arms about that they ran to their NATO daddies to ask for help. They claimed that the jet was shot down outside of Syrian air space. NATO help was denied because, as I interpreted it, NATO was sure that the jet was shot down within Syrian airspace while it tested the Syrian air defense.

Erdogan is under fire from the Turkish opposition and is now heavily backtracking on his original claim:

There are growing numbers of question marks surrounding last month’s downed Turkish plane as the prime minister admitted yesterday that all details from the incident were not yet known as Washington said it knew everything about the downing but was refusing to share the information with the media.

The sense of confusion was enhanced by an Air Force general who said the plane, which was downed June 22, might have been hit by a personally operated missile from a Syrian ship rather than a surface-to-air missile. At the same time, the military also altered the way it is has been describing the event, referring to the plane as the jet that “Syria claimed to have shot down” rather than the jet that “Syria shot down.”

It seems that Erdogan and his military will soon claim that the jet went down for "technical reasons" or because of a "pilot error".

That news comes as the Washington Post claims that arms deliveries to Syrian rebels are delayed:

Activists give differing interpretations of what they say are shipments of weapons that are not making it across the usual route — the Turkish-Syrian border.

One leading opposition member attributed the blockage to Turkish anxiety in the wake of Syria’s downing of a Turkish jet last month.

Or anxiety about Russia doubling its troops in Armenia near the Turkish border ?

The Lebanese government is reinforcing its troops on the Syrian border to prevent smuggling and cross border fighting.

Jordan is also tightening its border with Syria as it fears infiltration of loyal Syrian troops.

All these steps by Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan may be to just starve off various freelance groups and Salafis fighting in Syria and to channel the guns to groups selected by the CIA and its new friends in the Muslim Brotherhood.

But another interpretation is that they finally found sense and recognized that further fighting in Syria will inevitably deliver serious blowbacks to their countries. They recognize that the U.S. project for regime change in Syria has for now failed and are winding down their part of it.

As I currently read it the second interpretation is a bit more likely one. This does not mean that Washington has stopped the war mongering. But its auxiliaries seem to leave the field or at least have second thoughts.

To instigate war one needs propaganda and here is a very typical piece of such: The Ultimate Assault: Charting Syria's Use of Rape to Terrorize Its People. The piece is simply fake news based on very dubious third hand tales and propagated by one of the U.S. government sponsored fake humanitarian endeavors. In the comments thereto Don Bacon points out that the piece was commissioned by Joe Lieberman, the neocon Senator for Israel.

That fact as well as the trails in the first linked piece tells us where this whole operation against Syria was thought up and is coming from.

Posted by b on July 12, 2012

############################

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/syrian-oppositions-amazing-cia-credentials/17625/

Syrian National Council (SNC):

Bassma Kodmani — member of the executive bureau and head of foreign affairs, Syrian National Council. Two-time Bilderberg meeting attendee. Director of governance and international co-operation program for (CIA-front) Ford Foundation in pre-”Arab Spring” Egypt. Executive director of the Arab Reform Initiative (ARI) — a research programme initiated by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR).

Radwan Ziadeh — senior fellow at the federally funded Washington think tank, the US Institute of Peace (the USIP Board of Directors is packed with alumni of the defense department and the national security council; its president is Richard Solomon, former adviser to Kissinger at the NSC). In February he joined an elite bunch of Washington hawks to sign a letter calling upon Obama to intervene in Syria: his fellow signatories include James Woolsey (former CIA chief), Karl Rove (Bush Jr’s handler), Clifford May (Committee on the Present Danger) and Elizabeth Cheney, former head of the Pentagon’s Iran-Syria Operations Group. Close allies in US House of Representatives and Senate.

Ausama Monajed — Commentator on Al Jazeera, owned by the dictatorship of Qatar. Blogger for Huffington Post. Adviser to SNC president and “the Founder and Director of Barada Television”, a pro-opposition satellite channel based in Vauxhall, south London. In 2008, a few months after attending Syria In-Transition conference, Monajed was back in Washington, invited to lunch with George W Bush, along with a handful of other favoured dissidents. Recipient of large amounts of State Department funding through its front organization The Democracy Council.

Others:

Hamza Fakher — co-author of Revolution in Danger, a publication of the extremist neo-con “Henry Jackson Society Strategic Briefing,” in February of this year. He co-wrote this briefing paper with the Henry Jackson Society’s communications director, Michael Weiss.

Michael Weiss — One of the most widely quoted western experts on Syria — and an enthusiast for western intervention. Director of communications and public relations at the neo-con Henry Jackson Society. The Henry Jackson Society’s international patrons include: James “ex-CIA boss” Woolsey, Michael “homeland security” Chertoff, William “PNAC” Kristol, Robert “PNAC” Kagan, Joshua “Bomb Iran” Muravchick, and Richard “Prince of Darkness” Perle. The Society is run by Alan Mendoza, chief adviser to the all-party parliamentary group on transatlantic and international security.

Tikun Olam Blog founder Richerd Silverstein calls “friend of Syria” Michael Weiss a “Pro-Israel Neocon” who “Authors Blueprint for Western Military Intervention in Syria Approved by Syrian Ex-Pats.”

Concludes the Guardian piece:

This is not to suggest that the account of atrocities must be untrue, but how many of those who give it currency are scrutinising its origins?

And let’s not forget, whatever destabilisation has been done in the realm of news and public opinion is being carried out twofold on the ground. We already know that (at the very least) “the Central Intelligence Agency and State Department … are helping the opposition Free Syrian Army develop logistical routes for moving supplies into Syria and providing communications training.”

The bombs doors are open. The plans have been drawn up.

This has been brewing for a time. The sheer energy and meticulous planning that’s gone into this change of regime — it’s breathtaking. The soft power and political reach of the big foundations and policy bodies is vast, but scrutiny is no respecter of fancy titles and fellowships and “strategy briefings”. Executive director of what, it asks. Having “democracy” or “human rights” in your job title doesn’t give you a free pass.

And if you’re a “communications director” it means your words should be weighed extra carefully. Weiss and Fakher, both communications directors — PR professionals.

Edited by Steven Gaal

A Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization defector says the terrorist group receives funding from Saudi Arabia and Israel, emphasizing MKO's role in the suppression and massacre of Iraqis under the former Baath regime.

++++++++++++++++++++

This is what he says. Uglytruth Site

According to Seyed Mohammad Javad Hasheminejad, secretary-general of the Habilian Association – a human rights group formed of the families of 17,000 Iranian terror victims – the revelation was made by a highly trusted MKO veteran who used to serve the MKO ringleader, Maryam Rajavi, as her highly confided interpreter in top secret sessions with former Iraqi regime officials and US authorities.

Hasheminejad said he had informed Syria of MKO’s meddling during a meeting with Syrian Ambassador to Tehran.

Hasheminejad had told the Syrian envoy late in May that MKO is preparing itself to stage a massive terrorist operation in Syria.

“We hold proof and authentic documents showing an extensive and all-round presence of this terrorist organization in Syria. This terrorist grouplet is using all its possibilities to stage terrorist and sabotage operations in Syria,” he said at the time.

I'm always suspicious when someone claims to have proof of something but never produces it. We are still left with claims from obscure sources tied to the Iran gov't claiming that an unnamed sources said something.

#####################

SHOAH SITE

One of the MEK’s most militant activists, Massoud Rajavi was imprisoned in Iran from 1972-1979 but nonetheless remained influential within the group and rose to command it in 1975 after the Mojahedin experienced an internal schism. From his release from prison until today, he has maintained absolute control of the MEK and its associated groups. The MEK partnered with Ayatollah Khomeini to overthrow the Shah but fell out out of favour with the Iranian clergy when the dust settled in the aftermath of the 1979 Islamic Revolution. Khomeini blocked MEK leaders from running in the first post-revolution presidential elections. The MEK responded by staging anti-Khomeini demonstrations, which provoked a violent backlash from the new government and ignited a vicious cycle of attack and reprisal that led to the imprisonment, torture and death of thousands of Iranians in the early 1980s, predominantly anyone of left-leaning persuasion.

###########################################

How is this relevant?

Huffington Post publishes, and then deletes, a post by a MeK spokesman. What does this tell us about Terrorism?

By Glenn Greenwald

http://www.shoah.org...n-terror-group/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It tells us they published the entry without knowing who he was and they pulled it when they found out, so what? In any case irrelevant ti your claims MeK is involved in Syria.

Everything They’re Telling Us About Syria….is False?

http://whowhatwhy.co...syria-is-false/

The only thing really new here is Baker's complaint that the NYT did not tell it readers Gen. Tlass had fallen out of favor beforen his defection, but this not that significant because he fell out of favor because he was opposed to attacking civilians. In any case the NYT later reported this.

http://www.nytimes.c...cting.html?_r=1

This was reported on the day of the defection by several important media outlets including CNN and the Guardian

http://us.cnn.com/20...eral/index.html

http://www.guardian....-defects-turkey

Edited by Len Colby

It tells us they published the entry without knowing who he was and they pulled it when they found out, so what? In any case irrelevant ti your claims MeK is involved in Syria. // END COLBY

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NO, they know who he is,they still have his other work on their site. ITS WHAT HE WAS TALKING ABOUT. YOUR HuffPOST IS LYING.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://niqnaq.wordpr...m-with-the-mek/

huffington, sort of neolib, certainly no problem with the MeK

USAia’s Own Terror Group (abridged)

Glenn Greenwald, Salon, Jul 12 2012

Yesterday morning, the HuffPost published a post by Hossein Abedini, who was identified in the byline as a “Member of Parliament in exile of Iranian Resistance.” His extended HuffPost bio says that he “belongs to the Foreign Affairs Committee of the National Council of Resistance of Iran” (NCRI). The NCRI is the political arm of the Mujahideen-e Khalq, (MeK), the Iranian dissident group (and longtime Saddam ally) that has been formally designated by the US State Dept since 1997 as a terrorist organization, yet has been paying large sums of money to a bipartisan cast of former US officials to advocate on its behalf. The in-hiding President of the NCRI, Massoud Rajavi, is, along with his wife Maryam Rajavi, MeK’s leader. Abedini, the HuffPost poster, has been identified as a MeK spokesman in news reports, and has identified himself the same way when, for instance, writing letters to NBC News objecting to negative reports about the group.

Yesterday’s HuffPost piece by Abedini touted a MeK rally held on Jun 23 in Paris, which he claimed was attended by “over 100,000 Iranian exiles and supporters of the Iranian resistance from five continents.” The news report cited by Abedini actually says that “tens of thousands” of Iranians participated, and reflecting what seems to be MeK’s bizarrely unlimited budget, they were transported by “more than a thousand buses from all over Europe.” Abedini boasted that the rally’s keynote speaker was MeK leader Rajavi, whom he calls “the President-elect of the Iranian Resistance,” and quotes her at length, demanding the removal of MeK from the list of terror organizations. As usual for a MeK event, Abedini was able to tout more than a dozen former high-level US political officials from both parties who spoke to the rally, many of whom (if not all) have been repeatedly paid large sums of money for their MeK speeches. According to Abedini, this latest rally included many of the usual MeK shills: former GOP New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, former Democratic Governor of Pennsylvania Ed Rendell, former Democratic New Mexico Governor and UN Ambassador Bill Richardson, former GOP UN Ambassador John Bolton, former GOP Attorney General Michael Mukasey, former Democratic State Dept spokesman P J Crowley, and several retired US Generals.

Shortly after the HuffPost piece appeared, several people on Twitter, the first of which (I believe) was the Iranian journalist Hooman Majd, noted that the HuffPost had published a propaganda piece from a designated terror group and wondered whether they would do so for all such terror groups such as Al Qaeda. After several others, including the NYT‘s Robert Mackey and myself, noted the oddity that HuffPost was publishing pieces from a designated terrorist group, HuffPost deleted the piece. If one goes now to the URL where the post first appeared, one finds this:

Editor’s Note: This post is no longer available on the Huffington Post.

The post can still be read in its cached version. No explanation is given for the deletion, but a HuffPost spokesperson, Rhoades Alderson, last night responded to my inquiry about it as follows:

It was published by mistake. By policy, we don’t publish blog posts by people affiliated with designated terrorist organizations. The blog editor who published it was unaware that NCRI is MEK’s political arm. When the mistake was discovered the post was removed.

HuffPost has previously published numerous pieces from Abedini, including one linking the Syrian and Iranian “resistance” and demanding Western support for both, another branding Iran the “epicenter of terrorism,” and other posts spouting the MeK line. All of those posts by Abedini remain on the HuffPost site.

#############################################################

#############################################################

SHOAH SITE

To be clear, I don’t find HuffPost’s conduct — either in publishing posts from MeK spokespeople or removing them — to be objectionable. That’s not the point here. I personally believe it’s better to hear from all groups and to have all viewpoints aired rather than trying with inevitable futility to suppress them, but if HuffPost really does have a policy against publication of “people affliated with designated terrorist organizations,” then — just like laws criminalizing the providing of “material support to Terrorist organizations” — it should apply equally to MeK and those who work with it (including MeK’s list of paid D.C. political celebrities).

[in the wake of 9/11, the U.S. Government instructed American media outlets not to broadcast any statements from Osama bin Laden on the ground that he might embed in his statements coded signals to his followers to activate sleeper cells on American soil -- perhaps he would use the nose wiggle employed by Bewitched's Samantha Stevens to unleash her magic powers -- and many American media outlets (needless to say) dutifully complied. It seems clear that the real reason for suppression of those Al Qaeda statements was to ensure that Americans, who were understandably asking "Why Do They Hate Us"? in the wake of 9/11, would be prevented from hearing Al Qaeda's actual grievances about U.S. aggression so that they could instead be told that They Hate Us for Our Freedom; George Bush on September 21, 2001: "Americans are asking 'Why do they hate us?' . . . They hate our freedoms: our freedom of religion, our freedom of speech, our freedom to vote and assemble and disagree with each other". It's far preferable, in my view, to allow all views to be aired, but a ban on Terror groups and their supporters should be equally applied.]

What makes this HuffPost event notable is that it is inconceivable that they would publish posts from spokespeople or paid advocates for other designated Terrorist groups which do not command widespread support among Washington’s elites — such as, say, Al Qaeda, or Hamas, or Hezbollah. MeK is treated differently because they are Our Terrorists. NBC News reported that “deadly attacks on Iranian nuclear scientists are being carried out by an Iranian dissident group [MeK] that is financed, trained and armed by Israel’s secret service,” while The New Yorker‘s Seymour Hersh detailed in April that the U.S. has provided extensive training to MeK operatives, on U.S. soil. This entire MeK controversy has, as vividly as any event in a long time, illustrated the core truth of Terrorism and the laws against it: the entire concept has no purpose in American political discourse and law other than to delegitimize and criminalize support for groups which use violence in opposition to American violence and aggression, while sanctioning and enabling those groups which use such violence to advance America’s interests.

MeK used to work in close cooperation with Saddam (during the time Saddam was America’s decreed Enemy, rather than Ally), so they were therefore Bad: Terrorists. Indeed, in 2003, when the Bush administration was advocating an attack on Iraq, one of the prime reasons it cited was “Saddam Hussein’s Support for International Terrorism,” and it circulated a document purporting to prove that assertion, in which one of the first specific accusations listed was this:

Iraq shelters terrorist groups including the Mujahedin-e-Khalq Organization (MKO), which has used terrorist violence against Iran and in the 1970s was responsible for killing several U.S. military personnel and U.S. civilians.

So just nine years ago, Saddam’s links to MeK were cited by the U.S. Government as proof that he sheltered Terrorist groups. Now, the MeK works for the interests of (and in cooperation with) Israel and the U.S., so suddenly, they are now Good, and the most Serious Beltway officials are free to openly take money from and advocate for this Terror group (as a result, the MeK is, predictably, highly likely to be rewarded by being removed by the Obama administration from the Terrorist list). They are basically the Ahmad Chalabis of Iran: despite being widely despised in Iran for their support for Iraq in its war against Iran, they are being deceitfully held out as the True Pro-American, Pro-Israel, Pro-Western-Intervention Voice of the Iranian People (paid MeK shill Howard Dean actually argued that the U.S. should recognize MeK’s leader as the legitimate President of Iran).

That HuffPost responded to yesterday’s pressure by removing the MeK post and citing its policy against publishing those “affliated with designated terrorist organizations” is valuable in the sense that it highlights the absurd travesty of “Terrorism” in U.S. politics. For legal purposes, at least, MeK is every bit the Terrorist organization that Al Qaeda is, yet they are now Our Terrorists, and are thus heralded and rewarded rather than scorned.

Edited by Steven Gaal

No it is no longer on their site and you’ve not posted any evidence they knew he was tied to MeK // END COLBY

Gee I thought this clear ?? Gaal

CUT PASTE END OF POST/ font,color changes same.

That HuffPost responded to yesterday’s pressure by removing the MeK post and citing its policy against publishing those “affliated with designated terrorist organizations” ....

##########################################

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When it says below (and here) go to link below for further documentation.

http://globalresearc...xt=va&aid=31897

SYRIA: Criminal Propagandists: Killing Civilians as Part of a "Humanitarian Mandate"

by Tony Cartalucci,

Claim "UN blames regime forces for Syria massacre ," admits "neither activists' claims nor the videos could be independently verified."

Clinton is attempting to solicit sympathy from the public over the defeat of her funded, armed, and propped up front of sectarian extremists, the FSA. The FSA who consist of Libyan mercenaries (and here), extremists fresh back from killing US and British troops in Iraq now employing their bombing tactics against the people of Syria (and here), and members of Syria's Muslim Brotherhood who were approached as early as 2007 by the US, then under the Bush administration, to begin creating a violent front with which to overthrow the Syrian government.

These are militants who received Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) commander Abdul Hakim Behaj, and secured from him weapons, cash, and fighters despite to this very day, LIFG being listed by Hillary Clinton's own US State Department, as a listed Foreign Terrorist Organization (#28) - thus making US funding and support for the FSA a violation of its own anti-terrorism laws.

#############################

------------------------------------------------

from MEK's political site 7/13/12

A statement released by Vice President of the European parliament Alejo Vidal-Quadras, deplored the approach by the “two American ambassadors” and reminded U.S. responsibilities vis-à-vis the international laws relating to and the promise made by the Ambassador to protect residents during relocation to Liberty.

Despite continuous calls and pleads by camp residents and their leadership; The U.S. government and the UN Representative postponed fulfillment of basic needs, encouraging more breach by pro-Tehran Iraqi elements running the camp.

The statement debunk US gesture on relating the FTO listing of MEK to the humanitarian crisis in Camp Ashraf and Camp Liberty, directing responsibility and accountability on Washington for any humanitarian defects:

ISJ is pointing out one of the many documents in which the U.S. has given assurances to the residents: On April 24, the State Department officially informed the residents that they will be able "to transport some utility cars and trailers for the disabled; a commitment to connect water and electrical power at Camp Liberty to Iraqi networks, with a commitment to provide water and power until that time; ability to hire up to 100 Iraqi workers to help with loading cargo at Camp Ashraf; agreement in principle to transport some generators; and progress on the sale of legal and movable property. These are all meaningful steps forward. These steps set the stage for the 5th and subsequent convoys from Camp Ashraf to Camp Liberty/Hurriya".

After these preliminaries, the State Department asked the residents "to prepare for and carry out this move, which should take place at once and should be followed by other, regular moves" and added the US Government "appreciates the cooperation of the MEK thus far in the process of closing camp Ashraf; we have expressed this appreciation before and are prepared to do so again".

Although the abovementioned written promises were not carried out, the fifth convoy was relocated to Liberty and now, 2 and a half months later, none of those promises is yet fulfilled. We announce that only after realization of the minimum humanitarian standards, the rest of Ashraf residents can be relocated to camp liberty.

since last December the issue of Camp Liberty has been actively under considerations and Ashraf residents, at the recommendation of the camp's representatives and leaders, by showing goodwill and foregoing many of their rights have been transferred to Liberty, and while more than three months have passed since the first group of residents were stationed and so far more than 2,000 have been relocated, Camp Liberty continues to lack minimum humanitarian and human rights standards.

Infrastructure conditions, especially those of water, electricity, and sewage are quite excruciating, and the Iraqi government through a suppressive policy carried out at the behest of the Iranian regime, prevents rebuilding this infrastructure by the residents at their own expense. The residents do not even have the permission to establish awnings to shelter against the sun in the 60 degree heat, neither do they have permission to build concrete or asphalt pathways for the patients and paralyzed residents. Permission for transferring trailers and vehicles specially equipped for the ill and paralyzed patients are not being issued. While there have been vipers, scorpions, and pests found at the camp, the Iraqi government does not allow the residents to professionally exterminate the camp. The right of free passage, stressed by the High Commission of Refugees in several statements, is still not recognized. In this small one-half-kilometre camp, the Iraqi police and armored vehicles keep roaming. The memorandum of understanding between the UN and the Iraqi government and other agreements are constantly violated.

A press statement by the NCRI reported yet further breach of the Iraqi government:

On June 18, Iraqi forces under the command of Mohammad Kazim Sadeq (arrested by French police for Crimes and pursued by the Spanish Court), stopped a UNHCR vehicle taking a number of residents to the nearby location of the agency for interviews, and returned them to Liberty.

The statement also reiterated day 20 of food entry prevention imposed by Iraqi forces. Tons of food has been left out in the open to rot, in 50°C (130F) heat, by Iraqi forces under various pretexts such as: the time needed for inspection: waiting for Lift trucks and waiting for plain cloth elements to inspect. An estimated 20 tons of food worth more than 100 thousand dollars have been wasted by the forces under command of the Iranian affiliated commander Sadeg kazem.

Sources report plain clothed agents have been involved in harassing the residents and irritating conditions. The presence of anonymous agents is in blatant breach of the MoU and under constant knowledge of the US-UN representatives and the two respected US ambassadors.

Daniel Benjamin, the State Department's coordinator for counterterrorism and Ambassador Daniel Fried fail to explain how irrelevant these basic needs are. The agency tries to file the issues under the rug by demanding residents to live or let die by abstaining from their rights.

GEE CONDITIONS BAD.....were to go ....were to go.. ?? ....light bulb !!!!!!!! SYRIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conditions bad on purpose,plenty of money though in being mercenary in Syria. As I posted before $$ money flowing big to help Imperial regime change Syria. (USA,Saudi Arabia).

Gee says the MEK fighter to himself,"need cash..I know were to get it ..fight in Syria !!"

Edited by Steven Gaal

No it is no longer on their site and you’ve not posted any evidence they knew he was tied to MeK // END COLBY

Gee I thought this clear ?? Gaal

CUT PASTE END OF POST/ font,color changes same.

That HuffPost responded to yesterday’s pressure by removing the MeK post and citing its policy against publishing those “affliated with designated terrorist organizations” ....

##########################################

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Greenwald said the article was still on the UK site but it has since been taken down. You still have no evidence they knew who he was when they posted his articles.

When it says below (and here) go to link below for further documentation.

http://globalresearc...xt=va&aid=31897

SYRIA: Criminal Propagandists: Killing Civilians as Part of a "Humanitarian Mandate"

by Tony Cartalucci,

Cartalucci’s claims are rarely supported by the evidence. A few examples

Claim "UN blames regime forces for Syria massacre ," admits "neither activists' claims nor the videos could be independently verified."

According to one of his cited sources:

"Maj. Gen. Robert Mood, head of the U.N. monitoring mission, told reporters in Damascus that a group of observers deployed about three miles (five kilometers) from Tremseh confirmed the use of heavy weaponry and attack helicopters, implicating the government."

http://www.newsday.com/news/world/un-blames-regime-forces-for-syria-massacre-1.3837631

Clinton is attempting to solicit sympathy from the public over the defeat of her funded, armed, and propped up front of sectarian extremists, the FSA. The FSA who consist of Libyan mercenaries (and here), extremists fresh back from killing US and British troops in Iraq now employing their bombing tactics against the people of Syria (and here), and members of Syria's Muslim Brotherhood who were approached as early as 2007 by the US, then under the Bush administration, to begin creating a violent front with which to overthrow the Syrian government.

Neither cited source indicated the Lybians were mercenaries and both indicated there were only 600 of them, too few to make a significant impact in a country with over 22 million people. As for the part about Iraq his cited source said:

The bombings have produced an array of theories, including that some may be self-inflicted wounds by security agents out to discredit the rebels, or that they show the rise of al Qaeda-linked Syrian Islamists, of whose expertise there is no doubt after their years of activity across the border in Iraq.

[...]

"There's no question that a lot of Syrians fought with al Qaeda elements in Iraq and it's likely that many rebels today learned bombing skills fighting there," said analyst Joseph Holliday, from the U.S.-based Institute for the Study of War.

In other words the presence Iraq veterans is speculated and there is no indication the are a major part of the FSA. I also wonder if Cartalucchi thinks the US/UK invasion of Iraq was legitimate. If not why would he define Syrians who went to resist it are 'extremists?

As for the part about the FSA "employing their bombing tactics against the people of Syria" according to his cited source:

several rebel fighters who spoke to Reuters said that, unlike al Qaeda, their bombs were aimed at military, and never civilian, targets.

"We are not targeting civilians. We are strictly going against regime targets," said Haitham Qdemati, spokesman for a rebel group called the Syrian Liberation Army. "We're not killers. We're defending ourselves."

BOMBS VS BULLETS

The Free Syrian Army (FSA), which lays claim to overall command of rebel forces but lacks the means to control them, says it has nothing to do with the bombings and is sticking to the U.N.-brokered ceasefire. In 18 turbulent days, the truce has been jeopardized by army shelling and insurgent attacks.

Nothing in the article contradicts the notion the FSA is not involved or that civilian targets are being bombed

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/30/us-syria-bombs-idUSBRE83T04U20120430

These are militants who received Libyan Islamic Fighting Group (LIFG) commander Abdul Hakim Behaj, and secured from him weapons, cash, and fighters despite to this very day, LIFG being listed by Hillary Clinton's own US State Department, as a listed Foreign Terrorist Organization (#28) - thus making US funding and support for the FSA a violation of its own anti-terrorism laws.

There is no citation for the claim the FSA is tied to the LIFG

"GEE CONDITIONS BAD.....were to go ....were to go.. ?? ....light bulb !!!!!!!! SYRIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conditions bad on purpose,plenty of money though in being
mercenary
in Syria. As I posted before $$ money flowing big to help Imperial regime change Syria. (USA,Saudi Arabia).

Gee says the MEK fighter to himself,"need cash..I know were to get it ..fight in Syria !!"
"

Pure speculation on your part amd I expect MEK is exagerating how bad things are at the camps. The camps are run by the Shia dominated Iraqi government which is hostile to the group.

Edited by Len Colby

PS

I imagine Gaal will point to this part of the Reuters article:

"There's no question that a lot of Syrians fought with al Qaeda elements in Iraq and it's likely that many rebels today learned bombing skills fighting there," said analyst Joseph Holliday, from the U.S.-based Institute for the Study of War.

But even Holliday only speculates some of the bombers are Iraq veterans and he had more to say:

Armed attacks on military convoys travelling through the countryside have been overshadowed in recent weeks by blasts in Syrian cities targeting security force offices and other symbols of the Assad state, such as the central bank.

But Holliday said it could still not be ruled out that the government was orchestrating at least some of those attacks, especially those which have produced images on state television of bloodied civilians denouncing the rebels as terrorists.

"When rebels talk about making bombs now, most of them are likely referring to their use of explosions for military targets or army convoys," Holliday said. "I think that is different from targeting infrastructure in cities."
Edited by Len Colby