The Education Forum

Final proof that the mtorcade came to a halt !

At 1.04 seconds of the

you can see a part of the motorcade at the corner of Main Str. and Huston street at a complete halt! Then starting again with the press bus coming into the picture.

KK

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary Mack wrote:

Old news, Karl. The well-known Couch/WFAA (and Darnell/WBAP) films show the same thing, and it was the press cars that decided to stop which forced everyone behind them to stop. That is undoubtedly what many witnesses recalled.

Gary

Oh, sorry...but seen with a fresh mind...

To me it is proof for a chain reaction: the Lincoln came almost to a halt (quote Clint Hill, and witnessed by fifty other persons). Therefore every other car in the motorcade was forced to slow down, and the cars in front of the press bus, the press bus itself cam to a complete halt. None of the drivers of any car ever said, he decided to to stop out of the blue...it was a forced stop, used by some photographers to

jump out of their press cars to took some pics...

Your explanation reminds me of the explanation of the "vanished left turn" in the Zapruder-film: you guys say, it is, because Zapruder decided to stop filming. Zapruder never said a single word about such a decision while the motorcade passed by...

KK

Gary Mack wrote:

Old news, Karl. The well-known Couch/WFAA (and Darnell/WBAP) films show the same thing, and it was the press cars that decided to stop which forced everyone behind them to stop. That is undoubtedly what many witnesses recalled.

Gary

I would like to see the Darnell Film that Mr. Mack is referring to.

Gary Mack wrote:

Gary

Oh, sorry...but seen with a fresh mind...

To me it is proof for a chain reaction: the Lincoln came almost to a halt (quote Clint Hill, and witnessed by fifty other persons). Therefore every other car in the motorcade was forced to slow down, and the cars in front of the press bus, the press bus itself cam to a complete halt. None of the drivers of any car ever said, he decided to to stop out of the blue...it was a forced stop, used by some photographers to

jump out of their press cars to took some pics...

Your explanation reminds me of the explanation of the "vanished left turn" in the Zapruder-film: you guys say, it is, because Zapruder decided to stop filming. Zapruder never said a single word about such a decision while the motorcade passed by...

KK

To avoid confusion, just focus on the Presidential limousine.

I interviewed Bill and Gayle Newman in November, 1971. I went to their home, and spent an evening with them, with my SONY TC-800 recorder on the table between us.

I was very aware, by that date, that quite a few witnesses said the car stopped, and that's one of the key reasons I made this trip to Dallas.

Newman said the car stopped, and he was unequivocal about it. After he gave his account, I told him that the Zapruder film "at the national archives" did not show any car stop. He responded with words to the effect: I don't care what any film at the Archives shows. I was there. The car stopped.

This interview was conducted in November 1971. I don't care what Newman may have said years later. I interviewed him in November, 1971, 25 years before the Internet and years before the Zapruder film was first shown on national TV (March, 1975). You can set aside the issue of whether cars "later in the motorcade" topped because of a chain reaction. Newman was sanding riht by the President's limousine; and was adamant that it stopped.

DSL

Yes. I believe Newman. I am convinced the Lincoln came almost to a halt. (Quote from Clint Hill). AND there was a chain reaction too, which ledto a complete halt of the motorcade, which everybody can see at 1min04 seconds on the Pascall film.

This fact is supported by the testimony of Mrs Early Cabell, who, and this destroys Macks Theory, was in a car in front of the Press cars:

Mrs. Cabell.

quote WC testimony:

I did not know, because I did not see a hand or a head or a human form behind it. It was in just a fleeting second that I jerked my head up and I saw something in that window, and I turned around to say to Earle, "Earle, it is a shot", and before I got the words out, just as I got the words out, he said, "Oh, no; it must have been a "the second two shots rang out. After that, there is a certain amount of confusion in my mind. I was acutely aware of the odor of gunpowder. I was aware that the motorcade stopped dead still. THERE WAS NO QUESTION ABOUT THAT.

close quote

Edited by Karl Kinaski

This is a animated gif posted by Robin Unger that shows the motorcycle officers did stop. They appear to be reacting to something on their right side. It also shows JFK's head being thrown back and to the left. I believe it also shows the moment when Officer Hargis was splattered with blood.

The frame which shows JFK's head thrown back is equivalent to Zapruder Frame 318.

zlimobrake4bikes183nisa.gif

Edited by Mike Rago

Mike,

Thanks for posting that clip. To me it proves that the backward head snap in the Z film is not the result of frames being removed, as recently suggested by Horne.

Not bad in helping to judge the moment of Clinton J. Hill taking action. Agreeing with the statement by Ron, it clarifies timing and reconstructs this moment in time and tells something about cameras relative speeds.

The clip also confirms something else. Blood and brain matter flying to the rear too fast to be caught by Z's camera is not such a kooky idea. This camera didn't catch it either.

Edited by Ron Ecker

re blood. If it's a red mist then a green background would mean that one expects a combination of the two to tend towards grey.

This is a animated gif posted by Robin Unger that shows the motorcycle officers did stop. They appear to be reacting to something on their right side. It also shows JFK's head being thrown back and to the left. I believe it also shows the moment when Officer Hargis was splattered with blood.

The frame which shows JFK's head thrown back is equivalent to Zapruder Frame 318.

zlimobrake4bikes183nisaofi.gif

Hey there Mike...

Something you might look at a bit closer in this gif... the movement of Hill and his ability to get from one vehicle to the other in 2-4 STEPS...

Which feet are hitting the ground and how

Which foot jumps up on to the back of the limo

and how, if traveling at anything more than a 2-4mph could he possibly overtake the limo? Given the FACT he starts by the driver and takes less than 2 seconds to get there...

Soemthing is not right there... he accelerates away from the Queen Mary... the limo barely moves away from him..

I'd suggest driving with windows/door open at 2,4,6,8,10 mph... those vehilce look like they are moving at WALKING SPEED, about 3 mph... for Hill to accomplish this...

2-3 mph APPEARS like the limo is standing still...

DJ

ps... if you;ve EVER driven at 3mph, even 8 mph... and imagined that as the PROTECTIVE SPEED OF THE SS for POTUS... shock and horror SHOULD be your response...

Greer, if not guilty of failure to do his job, should have been reprimanded for his driving alone...

12. (f) Within these limitations, however, the Commission finds

that the (SS) agents most immediately responsible for the President’s

safety reacted promptly at the time the shots were fired from the TSBD.

That is an animated gif file created using frames from the nix film. It is not a video clip from the nix film.

I suspect frames from the nix film were extracted and enhanced and then the animated gif file was created from the enhanced frames.