The Education Forum

Is the Hanks/Paxton/Bugliosi movie dead?

Does anyone know? If they're trying to get it ready for the 50th, shouldn't they already be filming?

Edited by Pat Speer

At IMDbPro (International Movie Data Base) it is not listed among any of his projects as producer or actor for the next two years.

Such a shame, but on the bright side I'm sure that Bugliosi had a big payday anyway.

I doubt he's been scarred off. If it's still green lit I suspect it's been moved or renamed project X and is now undercover with some phony named production company in an attempt to keep it hidden from the likes of us.

FWIW:

Appian Way

9255 Sunset Blvd., Ste. 615

West Hollywood, CA 90069

(310) 300-1390

Leonardo DiCaprio

leonardod@appianway.net

c/o Rick Yorn (Manager)

ryorn@firmentertainment.net

c/o Ken Sunshine (Publicist)

sunshine@kensunshineconsultants.com

I believe I saw something about Scorcese working on a mafia movie based upon another mafia-did-it book (I Heard You Paint Houses.) Is this one going through as well?

If so, I'm not so sure it's a bad thing. Maybe these movies will inspire some "journalists" to take a closer look at what really happened, and convince some youngsters that the assassination is relevant after all.

Edited by Pat Speer

This article is dated May 30, 2012:

http://www.nbcnewyor...n-85825947.html

Thanks, David. That article pretty much confirms that the original concept of an 8 or 9 part mini-series with a supportive documentary featuring Bugliosi is dead, and MIGHT be replaced by a multi-part documentary regurgitating the evidence already presented on TV ad nauseum. So why pay Bugliosi a PENNY for the rights to his book? I mean, the evidence in his book was taken almost entirely from the Warren Report.

P.S. WHERE in the world does Paxton get this idea that the evidence against Oswald has never been presented to the public? Apparently, he has never seen the mock trial, or the mini-series on the trial of Oswald. Or the Discovery Channel programs. Oh well.

Edited by Pat Speer

That email address for Leonardo DiCaprio doesn't work.

Perhaps they could not agree on the final scene !. Bus,Taxi or Rambler ?.

WHERE in the world does Paxton get this idea that the evidence against Oswald has never been presented to the public? Apparently, he has never seen the mock trial, or the mini-series on the trial of Oswald. Or the Discovery Channel programs.

And I guess he's also forgotten (or doesn't know about) the best documentary film ever made about the JFK case -- David Wolper's 1964 lone-assassin feature motion picture, "Four Days In November". Any filmmaker or documentary producer would be hard-pressed to top Mr. Wolper's film.

Classic Movies / Four Days In November

Four-Days-In-November.blogspot.com

Edited by David Von Pein

If indeed the movie isn't made, I might watch a Tom Hanks movie again in the future. In the meantime, I can't stand the sight of him.