The Education Forum

Firecracker

I merely pointed out that a firecracker, since it uses gunpowder, would emit a sulfurous odor similar to "gunsmoke"...and that, in a crowded street, firing any sort of pistol, even if it fired blanks, would be suicidal if the SS was on their game. I said nothing to endorse KK's theory. In fact, the timing involved in the fuse of a firecracker is SO inexact that I agree that it would be ludicrous to have dropped one from the sixth floor, via a pipe of other method, because of the possibility it may explode in midair and NOT create the effect it might had the sound waves from the firecracker's explosion reverberated between the building and the cars in the motorcade.

"Many witnesses said that the first shot sounded like a "firecracker" or a "backfire" in the street.

Notice how this is worded. IN THE STREET. Not "in the air," but "in the street."

So if the sound was "in the street," firing a blank from the sixth floor would NOT create a sound that seemed to have been "in the street." So your proposal that the same sound could have been effected by a blank fired from the sixth floor is quite ludicrous as well. I believe that, if there was a 4th "shot" heard by DP witnesses, it might well have been from a firecracker exploding in the street. Yes, IN THE STREET.

I defended the idea of a firecracker IN THE STREET. Nowhere did I defend any theory about any "firecracker delivery system" from the sixth floor; that occurred in your own mind. And by the way...a failure to criticize does NOT constitute a defense....at least nowhere except within your mind. [if you fail to criticize Rush Limbaugh--Or Barack Obama--am I to assume that you agree with him? NO, that would be absurd...to anyone with a logical mind.]

Am I the only one, who is convinced that the first BUM was a firecracker thrown by a device, seen by Amos Euins, who described it as a "pipe", extending from the Oswald window?

A Firecracker, used to distracted attention and as a starting signal for the real shooters?

Quote WC testimony of Mrs Donald Baker

Mr. Liebeler.

As you went down Elm Street that you saw this thing hit the street--what did it look like when you saw it?

Mrs. Baker.

Well, as I said, I thought it was a firecracker. It looked just like you could see the sparks from it and I just thought it was a firecracker and I was thinking that there was somebody was fixing to get in a lot of trouble and we thought the kids or whoever threw it were down below or standing near the underpass or back up here by the sign.

c.quote

This has to be the silliest post I've seen since the Cinzer circus came to a halt. Wouldn't it have been easier to have someone firing blanks? And if for some bizarre reason preferred to use a firecracker why drop it to the sidewalk? Can we all assume that despite extensive searches you were unable to find any other corroborating evidence?

I believe that Greer deliberately kept Kennedy in one place like a sitting duck. This would have left Kennedy wide open for a shot. I don't believe it was a firecracker. It was a miss. Down Elm, Kennedy received the last of the bullets. It was Greer slowing down and coming to a stop. The Cuban was signaling the limo to stop. Greer pulled the car to the left, took his hands off the wheel and put his head in a certain place and saw Kennedy received the fatal 2 shots. The important thing is the motorcade came to a stop. I read that they had been moving at 11 miles an hour. Because I had a flat tire the other day, I drove at 8 miles an hour for air and a young man helped me put air in the tires. Eight miles is so slow. And the turn onto Elm is missing from the Zapruder film.

Kathy C

Other witnesses who corroborate Mrs. Baker's testimony:

Austin Miller on top of TUP

FBI REPORT: December 17, 1963

"He heard three shots and also noticed a powder dust spray in the street directly to the driver’s side and rear of the car. He immediately looked to his left and back on the hill west of the Texas School Book Depository building to see if anyone was standing there

It was his first impression that the noise of the shots was a motorcycle backfire or firecrackers ..."

Royce Skelton, also on the TUP

DALLAS SHERIFF'S STATEMENT: November 22, 1963.

19H496

http://jfk.ci.dallas...28/2879-001.gif

... We saw the motorcade come around the corner andI heard something which I thought was fireworks. I saw something hit the pavement at the left rear of the car, then the car got in the right hand lane and I heard two more shots. I heard a woman say, "Oh no," or something and grab a man inside the car. I then heard another shot and saw the bullet hit the pavement. The concrete was knocked to the South away from the car. It hit the pavement in the left or middle lane..."

Motorcycle Officer Stave Ellis:

http://karws.gso.uri...SCA/WITNESS.TXT

(HSCA Vol. XII)

DEALEY PLAZA CONSPIRACY WITNESS

Staff Report of the Select Committee on Assassinations

March 1979

(124) On August 5, 1978, the committee received information from former Dallas policeman Starvis Ellis that Ellis had also seen a missile hit the ground in the area of the motorcade at the time of the assassination. Ellis said he rode on a motorcycle alongside the first car in the motorcade, approximately 100 to 125 feet in front of the car carrying President Kennedy.(351)

Ellis said that just as he started down the hill of Elm Street, he looked back toward President Kennedy's car and saw debris come up from the ground at a nearby curb.

(352)

Ellis thought it was a fragment grenade.(353)

Ellis said also that President Kennedy turned around and looked over his shoulder.(354)

The second shot then hit him, and the third shot "blew his head up."(355)

In his WC testimony, Officer J.W. Foster (also on the TUP) may be describing the same bullet, or possibly another errant shot:

Mr. FOSTER - I moved to -down the roadway there, down to see if I could find where any of he shots hit.

Mr. BALL - Find anything?

Mr. FOSTER - Yes, sir. Found where one shot had hit the turf there at the location.

Mr. BALL - Hit the turf?

Mr. FOSTER - Yes, sir.

Mr. BALL - Did you see any marks on the street in anyplace?

Mr. FOSTER - No, a manhole cover. It was hit. they caught the manhole cover right on the corner and -

Mr. BALL - You saw a mark on the manhole cover did you?

Mr. FOSTER - Yes sir.

Am I the only one, who is convinced that the first BUM was a firecracker thrown by a device, seen by Amos Euins, who described it as a "pipe", extending from the Oswald window?

A Firecracker, used to distracted attention and as a starting signal for the real shooters?

Quote WC testimony of Mrs Donald Baker

Mr. Liebeler.

As you went down Elm Street that you saw this thing hit the street--what did it look like when you saw it?

Mrs. Baker.

Well, as I said, I thought it was a firecracker. It looked just like you could see the sparks from it and I just thought it was a firecracker and I was thinking that there was somebody was fixing to get in a lot of trouble and we thought the kids or whoever threw it were down below or standing near the underpass or back up here by the sign.

c.quote

This has to be the silliest post I've seen since the Cinzer circus came to a halt. Wouldn't it have been easier to have someone firing blanks? And if for some bizarre reason preferred to use a firecracker why drop it to the sidewalk? Can we all assume that despite extensive searches you were unable to find any other corroborating evidence?

I believe that Greer deliberately kept Kennedy in one place like a sitting duck. This would have left Kennedy wide open for a shot. I don't believe it was a firecracker. It was a miss. Down Elm, Kennedy received the last of the bullets. It was Greer slowing down and coming to a stop. The Cuban was signaling the limo to stop. Greer pulled the car to the left, took his hands off the wheel and put his head in a certain place and saw Kennedy received the fatal 2 shots. The important thing is the motorcade came to a stop. I read that they had been moving at 11 miles an hour. Because I had a flat tire the other day, I drove at 8 miles an hour for air and a young man helped me put air in the tires. Eight miles is so slow. And the turn onto Elm is missing from the Zapruder film.

Kathy C

That was a good description of how it probably happened. It comes back to that JFK did something really bad that the whole government even down to the SS individual level were ordered to make sure he did not survive Dallas. We may never know the reason(s) the entire government agreed to get rid of JFK.

I merely pointed out that a firecracker, since it uses gunpowder, would emit a sulfurous odor similar to "gunsmoke"...and that, in a crowded street, firing any sort of pistol, even if it fired blanks, would be suicidal if the SS was on their game. I said nothing to endorse KK's theory. In fact, the timing involved in the fuse of a firecracker is SO inexact that I agree that it would be ludicrous to have dropped one from the sixth floor, via a pipe of other method, because of the possibility it may explode in midair and NOT create the effect it might had the sound waves from the firecracker's explosion reverberated between the building and the cars in the motorcade.

If you think KK’s theory is nuttier than a Planter’s Peanuts plant peon gone postal then we are in agreement.

"Many witnesses said that the first shot sounded like a "firecracker" or a "backfire" in the street.

Notice how this is worded. IN THE STREET. Not "in the air," but "in the street."

So if the sound was "in the street," firing a blank from the sixth floor would NOT create a sound that seemed to have been "in the street." So your proposal that the same sound could have been effected by a blank fired from the sixth floor is quite ludicrous as well. I believe that, if there was a 4th "shot" heard by DP witnesses, it might well have been from a firecracker exploding in the street. Yes, IN THE STREET.

“Notice how” the part you quoted was from Paul’s post NOT KK’s posts I was replying to the latter not the former. What’s truly “quite ludicrous” is the notion the plotters would intentionally create a gunshot like sound at street level if the idea was frame someone on the 6th floor as the lone shooter.

I defended the idea of a firecracker IN THE STREET. Nowhere did I defend any theory about any "firecracker delivery system" from the sixth floor; that occurred in your own mind. And by the way...a failure to criticize does NOT constitute a defense....at least nowhere except within your mind. [if you fail to criticize Rush Limbaugh--Or Barack Obama--am I to assume that you agree with him? NO, that would be absurd...to anyone with a logical mind.]

Your ‘analogy’ is incomplete, if I said I though one of Limbaugh’s essays was nonsense and you defended one his central points without saying you disagreed with the rest it would be natural assume you actually agreed with the jist of his rantings