The Education Forum

Ken Holmes Passes Away

This found on Lancer, written by Jerry Dealey:

"Guys,

Just found out that Ken Holmes, owner of Southwestern Historical Tours, passed away overnight.

Many of you will remember Ken, as he has been involved with the NID Conference for every year. He has also given many tours of the JFK Assassination, along with Bonnie and Clyde, Texas History, Dallas: Then and Now, and other tours. For many years, I have helped with the JFK (and other tours).

He has been extremely ill the last couple of years, and simply succumbed to that illness, in his sleep overnight. He has a son, Jason and a daughter, Kristen. He just turned 60 back in May.

Anyone who has scheduled a tour for the future with Ken, Freda Dillard and I will attempt to fulfill those tour commitments.

More details for the Dallas people, when I have them.

Respectfully,

Jerry Dealey"

http://www.jfklancer..._id=96361&page=

How very sad! He was a very knowledgeable man, and had quite a great personality . He will be missed. Hopefully, Jerry will update us here as well.

Guest Robert Morrow

Ken was a great guy and a "real cowboy" and a "real Texan." I took one of his JFK assassination tours at the 2011 JFK Lancer and it was excellent.

Ken knew Madeleine and Steve Brown well and told me you would not need a DNA test to know Steve Brown was the son of LBJ.

Ken Holmes also told me he thought Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assasination. Many (most) people who knew Madeleine Brown well think that.

Guys,

Just found out that Ken Holmes, owner of Southwestern Historical Tours, passed away overnight.

Many of you will remember Ken, as he has been involved with the NID Conference for every year. He has also given many tours of the JFK Assassination, along with Bonnie and Clyde, Texas History, Dallas: Then and Now, and other tours. For many years, I have helped with the JFK (and other tours).

He has been extremely ill the last couple of years, and simply succumbed to that illness, in his sleep overnight. He has a son, Jason and a daughter, Kristen. He just turned 60 back in May.

Anyone who has scheduled a tour for the future with Ken, Freda Dillard and I will attempt to fulfill those tour commitments.

The service will be Friday, at 11:00 AM. It will be a Graveside service, at Grove Hill Cemetery, here in Dallas, TX.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you send donations of "Badge of Honor" memorial fund, for fallen Law Enforcement officers, in Ken Holmes' memory.

https://www.networkforgood.org/donation/ExpressDonation.aspx?ORGID2=200460095

About midway down the pay you can specify "Dedication or Gift" where you can put in Ken Holmes.