The Education Forum

Breach Of Forum Rules

Forum member Dawn Meredith drew our attention to a breach of Forum rules, in which the profile of Charles Drago (late of DPF) was altered in an untenable fashion to mock and ridicule him. Offense number one.

Dawn’s post was then thoughtfully segregated from the main page by a Forum mod, no doubt in an attempt to keep this infraction on the down low. That seems to have succeeded, as it was moved to another portion of the Forum that is less populated by visitors than is this JFK section. This sleight of hand is offense number two.

Only now do we find out, and only by going to the DPF site, that the infraction was committed by one of our own chief admins, Evan Burton. In acknowledging same, the estimable Don Jeffries, a member of both sites, stated of Evan: "He said it was okay to let the forum members here [DPF] know, so I did. I thought you had a right to know."

If the infraction was committed here, and leads to disrepute for this site and its membership, is there some reason why an identical pronouncement was not made here, on the main page? Offense number three.

As a long-time member who has struggled repeatedly to ensure that moderators’ actions are exercised impartially, as and when necessary irrespective of which member is in violation of rules, and has repeatedly been required to defend the policies of this Forum to others in the broader community, I am aghast that an admission of guilt by Evan Burton was slipped onto someone else’s site, but not on our own. Are our own members not entitled to know who committed this juvenile violation?

I realize that this revolves around protocol and process, and is dull and dry stuff. But if this Forum is to have rules, and if those rules are to be observed by all members, we cannot expect observance of those rules by the general membership, if they are broken by those whose job it is to enforce them.

I would respectfully suggest that Mr. Burton post - here, not elsewhere - an admission of his error, a sincere apology to Mr. Drago for having done so, and an undertaking that it will not reoccur. Anything less than owning up to this would constitute a willful disregard for the intended sanctity of this Forum. It may as well signal that it is open season for other members to likewise break the rules without being called to account, a sad pass we have already experienced too often in the past.

I am calling upon Evan Burton as a gentleman to do the right thing, so that this can be put to rest. Perhaps, as a gentleman, Mr. Drago would in future likewise refrain from passing comment - that serves no great purpose - on members here upon his own site.

There is already enough antipathy between the two sites without creating more reasons to sustain it.

Robert,

Yep, it was me. As you and others have pointed out, some members of the DPF (and I stress only some) enjoy slagging off at myself and others, as well as telling completely inaccurate stories regarding their departure and subsequent events (of which they know full well). I get sick of such lies being told about me.

It was a childish act on my part, a "prank" which should not have been done, and members here have the right to expect better of me.

For this, I apologise to the members here.

To the ex-member concerned, I give no apology; my opinion of them stands.

Interesting stuff...does you all great credit 'gentlemen'.

Not sure incidentally why that substantial entity Drago is still vilifying and abusing me on his daft forum... I had rather hoped he had choked on his own bile by now.

Guest Robert Morrow

Charles Drago is a clown of the first degree. Basically, he is the unhinged "moderator" of Deep Politics Forum who behaves very nastily, breaks all the rules of his own forum... then puts other folks on moderation for breaking the rules which Drago himself (!) violates with impunity. One time Drago posted a discussion topic that the national security state had *intentionally* kept Castro in power so that they could have a bogeyman to justify Cold War spending. It is sad to see such stupidity spewing forth from anyone, even the pitiful, dyspeptic Drago. When Drago is on the computer: stupid is in session.

Here is one of his love letters to me, which I threw in the trash can. Note: I have never apologized to Drago at any time for anything. I am just a spectator to his car wreck. Charles Drago on 1/6/2011:

"Dear Mr. Morrow,

I formally and publicly apologize for the rude manners in which I have addressed and described you on DPF

From this point forward, I shall take the high road thusly ...

My considered choice of language when addressing you in the past now seems inappropriate as my colleagues and I who own and operate DPF move forward to enhance and expand our joint venture.

You have my word that if and when I respond to your posts in the future, I shall do so in language that is respectful of DPF, its owners, and its contributors and viewers.

And in the process, I shall continue to respond in the affirmative when you thank me for delivering the punishment you so richly deserve and then ask, "May I have another?""

Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Co-Founder, Deep Politics Forum

https://deeppolitics...php/t-5720.html

Edited by Robert Morrow

Interesting stuff...does you all great credit 'gentlemen'.

Not sure incidentally why that substantial entity Drago is still vilifying and abusing me on his daft forum... I had rather hoped he had choked on his own bile by now.

I don't believe the information from Dale Carnegie's "How To Win Friends And Influence People" has borne much fruit for you, Andy. Best way to not get upset with his forum might be to not visit it, I would suggest. Life has enough dramatic moments; pity that so many people feel the need to manufacture even more.