The Education Forum

Neil Armstrong dead at 82

This is more news but since his exploits get often discussed here.... A very humble man who will be greatly missed.

U.S. astronaut Neil Armstrong, who took a giant leap for mankind when he became the first person to walk on the moon, has died at the age of 82, his family said on Saturday.

Armstrong died following complications from heart-bypass surgery he underwent earlier this month, the family said in a statement, just two days after his birthday on August 5.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/25/us-usa-neilarmstrong-idUSBRE87O0B020120825

You really don't want to go on Facebook or Twitter, for this.

OMG! Neil Armstrong died today. He was so young. I really loved him on "How I Met Your Mother."

They were serious.

NBC announced the death of "astronaut Neil Young", and there were numerous young people asking who was this guy? Some were even saying he lost all his gold medals and now he's dead.

The state of education is woeful.

Seriously depressing.

And it's probably only going to get worse. Especially if Romney and his "slash all public services spending to fund the military and rich people!" policy gets in. :\

Speaking of Republitar...cans. Some are calling for a State Funeral.

Neil would be the first to tell them where to go and what to do there. His family are similarly aghast. And yet they're still demanding it happen.

• 2 weeks later...

This is more news but since his exploits get often discussed here.... A very humble man who will be greatly missed.

U.S. astronaut Neil Armstrong, who took a giant leap for mankind when he became the first person to walk on the moon, has died at the age of 82, his family said on Saturday.

Armstrong died following complications from heart-bypass surgery he underwent earlier this month, the family said in a statement, just two days after his birthday on August 5.

http://www.reuters.c...E87O0B020120825

I'm sure I'll get lambasted for this but it's fitting that he outlived Jack White.