The Education Forum

Edwin P. Wilson passed away on Sept . 10, 2012.

Greg Kooyman

It is my sad duty to report that on Sept. 10 2012 Edwin Wilson died due to complications from heart valve surgery. It was my strongly held belief that Ed had knowledge of what Raphael Chi Chi Quintero meant when he hinted about being in dallas in Nov. 1963. Edwin Wilson was on the periphery of several high level Cia officers like Ted Shackley and also knew David Morales. I had been in recent contact with him prior to his heart surgery. He had granted me an opportunity to meet with him once he had healed from surgery. Sadly, I believe we have lost another valuable link in the Jfk assassination mystery. My heartfelt condolences go out to Ed's children and extended family. In my few convesations with Ed, he came across as a very warm an d affable personality.

my only regret is our failure to meet in person and fulfill his last wish, which was a memoire in his own words.

It is my sad duty to report that on Sept. 10 2012 Edwin Wilson died due to complications from heart valve surgery. It was my strongly held belief that Ed had knowledge of what Raphael Chi Chi Quintero meant when he hinted about being in dallas in Nov. 1963. Edwin Wilson was on the periphery of several high level Cia officers like Ted Shackley and also knew David Morales. I had been in recent contact with him prior to his heart surgery. He had granted me an opportunity to meet with him once he had healed from surgery. Sadly, I believe we have lost another valuable link in the Jfk assassination mystery. My heartfelt condolences go out to Ed's children and extended family. In my few convesations with Ed, he came across as a very warm an d affable personality.

my only regret is our failure to meet in person and fulfill his last wish, which was a memoire in his own words.

http://columbiafuneralhome.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=1592022&fh_id=11242

Edwin P Wilson was born on May 3, 1928 to a farming family in Nampa, Idaho. He worked as a Merchant Seaman, and then earned a Psychology degree from the University of Portland in 1953. He joined the Marines and fought in the last days of the Korean War. He was impressive in the Marines, and when he was discharged in 1956, he went to work for the Central Intelligence Agency.

While employed by the CIA he traveled all over the world. He gathered intelligence during the Vietnam War and worked in Iraq, Iran, and Libya. During this time he had a home in Virginia and London. In 1982 he went to prison until 2004, spending his time proving his innocence of being a terrorist and traitor.

After being released, he came to Edmonds Washington to live with his brother Bob Wilson. He had 8 happy years until complications from a heart valve replacement surgery ended his life on September 10th 2012. He was loved by many.

Ed loved his family. He is survived by his sons Karl and Erik Wilson, sister, Leora Pinkston, and his long time girlfriend Cate Callahan. Preceded in death by his father Paul, mother May, brothers Wilbur, and Robert Wilson.

Graveside services will be held at Tahoma National Cemetery in Kent on Tuesday September 25th at 11am. There will be a Memorial Gathering at 4pm located at 7917 – 196th Pl. S.W. Edmonds, WA 98026.

Wm Kelly -- "In 1982 he went to prison until 2004, spending his time proving his innocence of being a terrorist and traitor." Who charged him with treason and what country was he supposed to be abetting, if any?

Steve,

The United States charged Edwin Wilson with selling 20 tons of explosives to Libya. He was also charged with running guns to Libya, one of which was used to murder a Libyan dissident in Bonn. The U.S. attorney, Larry Barcella used a false statement made by the CIA that Ed Wilson was not employed by the agency when he made these deals with Libya.

Edwin Wilson in Dealey Plaza?

While that photo is intriguing, I do not believe Ed Wilson was directly involved in the assassination. However, he was very well acquainted with

some of the usual suspects. as a matter of fact I recently got independent confirmation that Ed Wilson knew David Sanchez Morales intimately.

Ed's knowledge of certain events and players after the fact is what I am currently researching.

While that photo is intriguing, I do not believe Ed Wilson was directly involved in the assassination.

Wanting to be there for the big event doesn't mean direct involvement.

Rip Robertson may have been at Main and Houston just to tip his hat in farewell.

Edwin Wilson in Dealey Plaza?

While that photo is intriguing, I do not believe Ed Wilson was directly involved in the assassination. However, he was very well acquainted with

some of the usual suspects. as a matter of fact I recently got independent confirmation that Ed Wilson knew David Sanchez Morales intimately.

Ed's knowledge of certain events and players after the fact is what I am currently researching.

Wilson was also responsible for U2 base security when Oswald was at Atsugi and did guard duty, and Wilson hired some of the anti-Castro Cubans from the Bay of Pigs and JMWAVE for some of his Chili and Libyan operations, so I think he must have known something about the Dealey Plaxa operation that we don't know yet.

BK

JFKcountercoup

JFKCountercoup2

Edwin Wilson claimed he had been framed and claimed that he was working on behalf of the CIA. He employed David Adler, a former CIA agent, as his lawyer. Adler eventually found evidence that Wilson was indeed working for the CIA after he retired from the agency. In October 2003 a Houston federal judge, Lynn Hughes, threw out Wilson's conviction in the C-4 explosives case, ruling that the prosecutors had "deliberately deceived the court" about Wilson's continuing CIA contacts, thus "double-crossing a part-time informal government agent."

Despite the decision of Hughes, Wilson was not released. Eric Margolis has described him as "America's Man in the Iron Mask". Margolis has always believed Wilson innocent and spoke to him many times in prison. "I was framed by the government," Wilson told Margolis, "they want me to disappear. I know too much."

He was released from prison in 2004. Does anyone know if he ever provided the information that he said he had?

• 2 weeks later...