The Education Forum

JOACHIM JOESTEN How Kennedy Was...

John Dolva

'data on the first few pages, the dedication'

First published by Peter Dawney, Ltd., in association with Universal-Tandem Publishing Co. Ltd., 1968

First Published March 1968

The author wishes to express his gratitude to his publisher Mr. Peter Dawnay, who has contributed a great deal of his own research...

Printed in Holland by Drukkerij 'Helmond' N.V., Helmond

edit typos

Edited by John Dolva

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chapter one

when cops are the culpits

"It looks like a cowboy and indian story, but it really only is an OAS story. The police are in cahoots with the ultras. In this case the ultras are represented by the Ku Klux Klan, the John Birch Society and all those secret extreme rightist associations.

....and this character kills the false assassin on the pretext of defending Kennedy's memory

De la rigolade! Tous le polices du monde se ressemblent dans les basses besognes."

- President General Charles De Gaulle., *November 1963 :

*La Tragedie du General by Raymond Tournoux, Editions Plon, Paris, 1967.

edit typos

edit format

edit add

JJ then goes on to his direct 1964 accusation of Curry and Fritz, quoting a Times-Piquyune article about Garrisons previously covert investigation of the DPD revealed once his investigators were back from Dallas because "He would have jeapordised their lives" if he had revealed it before or while they were there.

edit add

JJ then goes on to say he literally throws the book in the faces of Curry and Fritz urging them to sue him. This then led to the original British publisher withdrawing and it was published in Holland instead. (This might approach an answer to the original question of why is this book so expensive. It was doomed to be rare. 6d price, sticker of 10c over that., some hundreds of dollars for a USED copy today)

Edited by John Dolva

192 pages

contents

foreword

prologue

chapter

when cops are the culprits

the minutemen

caught in the act

the weird case of gordon novel

case history of a 'psychotic' millionaire

oswald, ruby and 'oswald'

ruby's last chance - 'the most fantastic story you ever heard'

whodunit

the dealey plaza ambush

how kennedy was lured into the death trap

what garrison has up his sleve

was tippit the man in the window?

the guilt of the secret service

operation 'overkill'

covering up the tracks

appendix

(letter to reagan)

John, I'm a bit disappointed that Joachim Joesten gives so little attention to ex-General Edwin Walker of Dallas, who had been so open in his enmity of the JFK administration to the point of leading a deadly riot at Ole Miss Univeristy in late 1962. Nor is there much about Loran Hall or Lawrence Howard who met Walker in Dallas during 1963.

Come to think of it, I'm somewhat disappointed that Jim Garrison stepped so lightly over ex-General Walker -- even when he had Loran Hall giving testimony.

The trouble with Joesten, IMHO, is that he doesn't finally name the ground-crew or show the smoking guns. He remains at a high level (like Jim Garrison) blaming people in high places, because they maybe, woulda, kinda, sorta shoulda known about it.

Also, all those arguments that try to make LBJ guilty of the JFK killling are so weak and squishy that people should step carefully over them, and avoid stepping in them. Yes, I do agree that LBJ played the leading role in the COVER-UP, because he never denied that such was necessary for National Security.

This should give us some clues about what evidence the Warren Commission deliberately and confessedly held back from the American people. It would have started a massive riot -- perhaps a revolution -- if it had been made public. I think LBJ was honest about that part.

Yes -- LBJ absolutely knew -- after the fact -- who the ground-crew really were. So did J. Edgar Hoover. So did a lot of people. But it's top secret classified. Need to know only.

That simple fact in no way makes LBJ guilty of the crime itself. Sylvia Meagher was angry when she wrote that this fact made Hoover "an accomplice after the fact." Because of the extenuating circumstances, it is quite possible -- perhaps probable -- that the truth would have compromised National Security.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Paul, it's not quite that simple. JJ mentions Walker and associates on a number of occasions. He appears to have shifted his early (1964) position of Walker as a prime participant to 'marginal' but with a number of his associates deeply involved. I'll cover this as I come across it. Just for now I'd like to take it chapter by chapter which is not to say any comments are not welcome.

David. Yes, that all appears to have been a direct quote by De Gaulle after he returned to France after JFK's funeral. It was a private conversation revealed in the book by Raymond Tournoux.'67

chapter two on the minute men ...

later. I'm tired.

Paul, it's not quite that simple. JJ mentions Walker and associates on a number of occasions. He appears to have shifted his early (1964) position of Walker as a prime participant to 'marginal' but with a number of his associates deeply involved. I'll cover this as I come across it. Just for now I'd like to take it chapter by chapter which is not to say any comments are not welcome.

chapter two on the minute men ...

later. ...

Sounds good, John. I'm looking forward to your review.

--Paul

Edited by Paul Trejo

Hi, Paul, Chapter two seems to focus in on a 'renegade' section of the Minutemen as the armed wing of the JBS. JJ speculates about the ANP involvement and describes Oswald as far more comfortable with Mein Kamph than Das Kapital. Banister, Ferrie and Ward get mentioned a lot (Ward through association with Banister who died around the same time as Ward in a plane crash with NO Mayor, suggesting it may not have been a coincidence, same as Rockwell beibng assassinated not being a coincidence with Garrisons declaration (echoing the words of DE Gaulle) that it was essentially a Nazi OP and that it is within that milieu, which includes what JJ calls Generals in Dallas(in another chapter). Much of this chapter seems to me to be about stuff well known, but JJ heavily portrays Oswald as a far right CIA handled operative who had little value beynd the role of scapegoat, hence his persona as a Communist. Shaw gets a mention too with.

Always the CIA in the background.

JJ jumps about a bit in this chapter and it's going to need more reading than I have tme at the moment..

Later.

Hi, Paul, Chapter two seems to focus in on a 'renegade' section of the Minutemen as the armed wing of the JBS. JJ speculates about the ANP involvement and describes Oswald as far more comfortable with Mein Kamph than Das Kapital. Banister, Ferrie and Ward get mentioned a lot (Ward through association with Banister who died around the same time as Ward in a plane crash with NO Mayor, suggesting it may not have been a coincidence, same as Rockwell beibng assassinated not being a coincidence with Garrisons declaration (echoing the words of DE Gaulle) that it was essentially a Nazi OP and that it is within that milieu, which includes what JJ calls Generals in Dallas(in another chapter). Much of this chapter seems to me to be about stuff well known, but JJ heavily portrays Oswald as a far right CIA handled operative who had little value beynd the role of scapegoat, hence his persona as a Communist. Shaw gets a mention too with.

Always the CIA in the background.

JJ jumps about a bit in this chapter and it's going to need more reading than I have tme at the moment..

Later.

John, thanks for the initial review.

I must admit that Joesten is operating on my wave length. In my opinion, Lee Harvey Oswald was a deliberately fake communist sympathiizer.

This was already noted by many CT's, for example, Oswald was no loner -- but he hung out with extreme right-wingers in almost every venue in the USA.

in Dallas, Oswald's best friend was George De Mohrenschildt, a former Nazi collaborator, and his wife, Jeanne De Mohrenschildt, who was a racist snob (as seen in her WC testimony).

In New Orleans, we have photo footage of Oswald with two Cuban Exile friends of Banister and Ferrie, namely, Carlos Bringuier and Ed Butler.

Although Oswald is on TV with these two guys, pretending to be an Officer of the FPCC (an admittedly Communist front), we know this was fake because: (1) the FPCC directly told Oswald not to try to open an FPCC office there; (2) Oswald had no members in this bogus FPCC chapter except himself and his alias; and (3) this alleged New Orleans FPCC chapter was created when Oswald met Bringuier and Butler, and was dismantled when their newspaper, radio and TV charade was finished.

Further, New Orleans attorney Dean Andrews first met Lee Harvey Oswald (he said) in his office accompanied by two "gay Chicanos". Since Andrews was himself gay, and since he preferred to speak in slang at every occasion, we are obliged to guess who these men were -- guesses have included Loran Hall and Larry Howard, two Cuban Exile right-wingers who conducted many raids on Cuba, and who also accompanied Lee Harvey Oswald at the home of Sylvia Odio in the following month.

Further, the person who sent Oswald to the office of Andrews was the notorious "Clay Bertrand", an extreme right-wing activist and contractor for secret CIA projects.

Further, we have eye-witness testimony (e.g. Jack Martin and Delphine Roberts) that Oswald was seen in the offices of Guy Banister and David Ferrie at 544 Camp Street in New Orleans -- and these two characters were extreme rightists, racists, and possibly connected to KKK activities. We also have Oswald's FPCC flyers with the Banister's address on them.

Further, George De Mohrenschildt was going to testify to the HSCA that Lee Harvey Oswald complained often that JFK really failed in his duties by losing the Bay of Pigs battle. That is the talk of a right-winger. (George did not testify - he allegedly committed suicide - but he left his testimony in his booklet entitled, I'm a Patsy! I'm a Patsy! )

Further, Sylvia Odio saw Oswald at her doorstep with two extreme rightists, Loran Hall and Larry Howard.

There is, of course, more. The summary is that Lee Harvey Oswald was a fake Communist, which means that he was a fellow-traveler with the extreme right. So, I'm with Joesten so far.

- - - - - - - -

I find it fascinating that Joesten identifies a 'renegade' section of the Minutemen as the armed wing of the John Birch Society. This has always been a part of my theory.

The connection between ex-General Ediwn Walker of Dallas and Guy Banister of New Orleans is this key rightist group, the Minutemen. Started by Robert De Pugh in 1961 as a reaction to the Cuban Revolution. De Pugh was impressed and terrified by the book written by Che Guevarra, entitled, "Guerrilla Warfare," so he wrote his own book in response -- using several tactics from Guevarra's book and adding several new ones he learned during the Korean War.

As the Cuban crisis continued to mount in the early 1960's, USA membership in the Minutemen also continued to mount. These armed militia would be happy to join Cuban Exiles in their war games at Lake Pontcharttrain, and No Name Keys, and similar venues for militia training.

The trouble with the Minutemen is that they were not organized under a chain of command -- it was the honor system -- so Robert De Pugh, the only one to write a book on the topic, became the de facto national leader of the Minutemen. However, when former US military men joined their ranks, they often obtained the respect they were accorded in the military.

The activities of the Minutemen were super-secret in the early 1960's - there were no lists of membership allowed - it was not sanctioned by the US government. But ex-General Edwin Walker was a known member, and was an acknowledged leader -- at least in his own community.

There was a member of the Minutemen in the northwest, named John Martin, who had served under General Walker in Augsburg, Germany in 1960-1961 (until Walker resigned in protest of the JFK administration). Martin was very young, and he kept in contact with General Walker in 1962 and 1963. After Oswald (and one other person) shot at Walker on 10 April 1963, John Martin flew to Dallas and took a home movie of Walker's shot-up window and wall. Later, in the summer of 1963, John Martin used the same home movie film to film Lee Harvey Oswald being arrested for allegedly fighting with Carlos Bringuier on Canal Street in New Orleans (in front of the Trade Mart building owned by Clay Shaw. John Martin converted to Christianity in 1965 and gave Harold Weisberg his home movie, which is today called, "The Jack Martin Film." I have tried for a long time to get a copy of this film, but so far have been unable to obtain it).

My point is that ex-General Walker (like the racist ex-FBI chief, Guy Banister) was a leading member of the Minutemen organization.

Furthermore, ex-General Walker was a very outspoken member of the John Birch Society. When Walker was arrested for causing a deadly riot on the Ole Miss campus on 9/30/1962, the John Birch Society printed a booklet defending Walker and blaming JFK for the mess.

So, Joachim Joesten is correct, in my opinion, because there was a direct connection between the Minutemen and the John Birch Society, and that connection was named ex-General Edwin Walker. (Yes, I know there were other people who were members of both organizations -- and Guy Banister comes immediately to mind. But none were as public, as outspoken, as exhiitionistic as Walker.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Because Joesten speculates on ANP (American Nazi Party) involvement, I will look again at this proposition. The right-hand man of ex-General Edwin Walker was his publisher, Robert Allen Surrey. Surrey was also a publisher for the ANP.

Surrey was a lifetime promoter of ex-General Edwin Walker. Surrey met Walker (he claimed) when Walker ran for Texas Governor in 1962, and after Walker lost, Surrey stayed with Walker, and even moved his office into Walker's home at 4011 Turtle Creek Blvd in Dallas. When Walker flew to Mississippi to lead a riot against the black student, James Meredith, getting registered at Ole Miss University, Robert Allen Surrey was at Walker's side the entire time.

Surrey was active in just about every right-wing event in Dallas -- which means that ANP involvement in Dallas was a daily affair. The question has always been this: how open was Robert Allen Surrey about his Nazi affiliation? Is it possible that Surrey kept his ANP membership a deep, dark secret?

The right-wing in Dallas did not wish to be portrayed in the same photograph as a Nazi or a KKK member. Yet the right-wing in Dallas would still send money to support, say, the Ole Miss call for racial segregation in college, or the repeal of Brown v. the Board of Education.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Yeah, Paul I find I have a bit of an affinity with JJ too. I didn't know about this book until I got it in a bulk purchase a month ago. Quite a surprise.Partly that may be a problem in reviewing but I'll try to be objective and as much as possible stick to what JJ was saying. Interesting re 'Guerilla Warfare' . I had a copy once. From what I read there is nothing particularly scary about it.

'UPI, Oct 1967: a nine month investigation into the Minutemen brought charges yeterday that many of the rightist organisation's members, if ordered, would assassinate Vice President Hubert H. Humphrey, the New york Governor Nelson A. Rockefeller and Chief Justice Earl Warren..'

the the article goes on to indicate that

'members were known 'in 33 counties in New York and in 14 other states'

-on a number of levels. (so it seems it may be possible to find a list : Lefkowitz)

JJ steps back from putting Walker in the centre because of ' it's too pat ' as well as looking at some deeper connections that seem to indicate Walker may have been an innocent fall-guy, so in being obvious (I agree)

AND innocent to a large degree anyone looking into it will, at some point, meet a blank wall with the central figures eliminated, and Walker can live on knowing but unable to speak. That last bit is a more my take on it, iow I don't know.

Back to JJ. The pillars of the fraud were

1. The identity shift of Oswald from Oswald the Minuteman to Oswald the Marxist.

2. That Oswald killed Kennedy and Tippit.

3. He did it alone.

The Minutemen, according to JJ, had close links to the KKK in the southern states and the most effective unit was the one run by Banister and Ward. Have you looked at Surreys doc in the MSC files? http://mdah.state.ms...rchives/sovcom/ some possibly interesting stuff there. An other one is the apparent hiring of Banister to look into gunrunning in Mississippi on the recomendation of the head of the LSC in 1964. Shortly he was .dead. Arcacha also is in the MSC files. iow all these people were known to this secret body that was enmeshed in the Southern Intelligence Network.

edit typos

Edited by John Dolva

chapter three

caught in the act

'The trouble was that not one of the pictures the hidden CIA camera had snapped showed Oswald alone'

Having skimmed through chapter three its heading suddenly made sense. I had typed it in lower case but on realising what the chapter is about:

Chapter 3

Caught In the Act

It is about the Mexico photos and other classified WC documents and leads to a direct accusation of Richard Helms.

(these are just a starter for future chapters, partly because the Caught In the Act chapter neatly segues into

Chapter 4

The Weird Case of Gordon Novel

edit correction

Edited by John Dolva

(these are just a starter for future chapters, partly because the Caught In the Act chapter neatly segues into

Chapter 4

The Weird Case of Gordon Nagel

Is that Gorden Novel, Richard Nagel, or "Gordon Nagel"?

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Yes. of course. Thank you, Thomas.

Gordon Novel.