The Education Forum

Southwest Window of School Book Depository

I had been under the impression that a visitor these days could not see anything from the southwest pair of windows on the sixth floor of the TSBD. I had also heard, and this was pure hearsay, that security would prevent visitors from taking pictures inside the museum.

The truth is that filming video of the exhibits is not allowed for copyright reasons and that cell phone usage is not allowed in the museum. The Sixth Floor Museum's FAQ clearly states that visitors are allowed to take pictures out of the other windows, although obviously they won't let you open those windows. I think the rules are entirely reasonable and since they make common sense are probably not the result of some CIA conspiracy.

Here's an artsy video that someone made of their visit to the TSBD that gives an idea of what the space looks like. Disclaimer: Shot and edited by someone who never questions authority.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Are you sure you thought this through... How can Oswald simultaneously be a "patsy" and a "real assassin"?

If one believes that Oswald was a patsy then one should, I think, also believe that no real assassin(besides Oswald) was located in the TSBD.

I'm not saying that there was not a sharpshooter on the sixth floor of the TSBD. What I'm trying to point out is that all the hurdles and hoops we have to get through to make LHO the lone nut in the south east corner window makes this assassination the "Rube Goldberg" of all assassinations.

Yes I do think that Oswald was a "patsy" and an assassin. He probably thought that he was the only assassin. I think he was a willing participant. I do not think that he knew about the other assassins.

Edited by Mike Rago

OT:

This Byrd-Window, Gordon Wing and his Nash Rambler, Kennedys lost watch, the lost Harper fragment, his lost brain: seems to me there are always many hunters out there looking for a trophy...

(It was said, that Deputy Seymour Weitzman had in his possession a piece of Kennedys scull...)

KK

Karl, we must not forget the biggest trophy of all, the new president's limo!

FYI... Gary Mack has confirmed that the southwest corner windows, facing Elm, are not blocked and never have been. The pair of windows overlooking Stemmons, to the west, are blocked by an exhibit, "Ballistics and Forensics".