The Education Forum

Barry Goldwater (1973) was convinced that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination

Guest Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Sen. Barry Goldwater (1973) was convinced that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination

Goldwater told Jeffrey Hoff that in October, 1973

At the 2012 Dallas JFK Lancer conference I ran into JFK researcher Jeffrey Hoff of Arizona. Jeffrey Hoff was a leadership position in the local Cochise County Democratic Club from 1980-1983. He used to be a member of SDS in the 1960's. Now he installs "off the grid" solar systems. I briefly interviewed Hoff on Saturday, November 17, 2012 in Dallas, TX, at the JFK Lancer conference.

Jeffrey Hoff told me that in October, 1973 he met Barry Goldwater at a Republican political picnic in Wilcox in Cochise County, AR. I asked him how he ended up at a Republican picnic and he told me his friend Louise Parker, a friend and "real estate lady" from an Arizona "pioneer family," had invited him. She said do you want to meet Barry Goldwater? Hoff said yes.

When Hoff met Sen. Barry Goldwater, Hoff, who had a keen interest in the JFK assassination, brought up that topic. Sen. Barry Goldwater told Hoff in October, 1973, that he (Goldwater) was convinced that Lyndon Johnson was behind the JFK assassination and that the Warren Commission was a complete cover up. Hoff got the impression that Goldwater had told others privately the same thing. I asked Hoff how confident was Goldwater when he was making these statements. Answer: Goldwater was very confident.

Jeffrey Hoff currently (2012) lives about 35 miles from Pierce, AZ. Lyndon Johnson died in January, 1973. J. Edgar Hoover had died in May, 1972. Allen Dulles died in January, 1969.

Barry Goldwater also read and complimented Fred Newcomb's book Murder From Within (1974) on the JFK assassination. Newcomb pointed the Secret Service with deep suspicions of Lyndon Johnson

Barry Goldwater: "... the book ... seems to be very concise, detailed and documented" which he told Fred Newcomb in a letter complimenting his book. (Sen. Jesse Helms and Russell Long also read this book according to Tyler Newcomb, the son of Fred Newcomb.)

The book has been re-released (2011) and retitled as "Murder From Within: Lyndon Johnson's Plot Against President Kennedy."

Here is another Education Forum thread on "Barry Goldwater and the JFK Assassination" http://educationforu...showtopic=18096

Edited by Robert Morrow

Its not at all surprising to hear that Goldwater thought LBJ was behind the JFK assassination, and its possibly a consensus on this board as well. I certainly came to that conclusion when I wrote the Coup d'Etat trading cards, though I did not come right out and say it.

Guest Robert Morrow

Is it a big surprise that a Republican politician like Goldwater is blaming a political opponent?

I mean: when you see what is told about opponents during campaigns I am not sure what to believe.

Yes, actually, it is a big surprise that Barry Goldwater was blaming Lyndon Johnson for the JFK assassination. He had never made such public statements, but he was telling that to Jeffrey Hoff at a Republican picnic in October, 1973, in Wilcox, AZ. Barry Goldwater, need I remind you, was a very high level Republican insider for decades and I do think his opinions are significant. He knew the nature, character (lack thereof) and malevalence of Lyndon Johnson from his Senate years.

And Goldwater sure changed his tune (at least privately) from his column which the editor titled "Leftist Dementia" in December, 1963, a column written within a month of the JFK assassination. Link: http://news.google.c...goldwater&hl=en

Goldwater was right on the money about Lyndon Johnson being a primary player in the JFK assassination. However, I wonder, or perhaps I doubt whether it dawned on Goldwater that US military intelligence (or the CIA, call it what you like) were the ones who Johnson was coordinating with in the JFK assassination. The JFK assassination was a "right wing" coup with foreign policy, particularly Cuba policy, being a prime reason for it. Lyndon Johnson, the Vice President and a Democrat, was used as a critical pivot point for the success of the coup.

Edited by Robert Morrow