The Education Forum

Felipe Vidal Santiago

John Simkin

Excellant Antti, right to the point - and of course one the FBI dodged totally and the WC let them get away with.

After all,  this is only one of three photos supposeldy in Oswald's possession so

its not like it removes any evidence for Oswald at least doing photo surveillance on Walker.  And it seems that if the car meant something in particular to Oswald he could just destroyed that picture totally  if not all of them. 

So,  either the car tag did mean something to Oswald...suggesting something much more complex about the Walker thing than anybody wanted to investigate.

Or the car tag meant something to the officers involved and they scratched it off and were willing to comment perjury - something that sounds pretty stupid at this distance.  Or just maybe he showed the photos to somebody else who told him in no uncertain terms to get the tag off there. 

I wish I could come up with something that makes sense but unless multiple DPD officers lied about it,  then to me it suggests that whatever Oswald was up to in regard to Walker,  there is more going on with it than just Oswald by himself and that it may well have been a different 57 Chevy than the one owned by Walker's associate.  The one thing we lack in the FBI report is a quote from the DPD that they verified with the supposed Chevy owner that it was his car on the date in question - and we know the FBI did not attempt to confirm that, or if they did there is no sign of it in their report.

-- Larry

A NARA search shows only 2 documents on Charles Klihr.

RECORD NUMBER : 124-10092-10206

RECORD NUMBER : 124-10106-10275

You'd think there would be more.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellant Antti, right to the point - and of course one the FBI dodged totally and the WC let them get away with.

After all,  this is only one of three photos supposeldy in Oswald's possession so

its not like it removes any evidence for Oswald at least doing photo surveillance on Walker.  And it seems that if the car meant something in particular to Oswald he could just destroyed that picture totally  if not all of them.  

So,  either the car tag did mean something to Oswald...suggesting something much more complex about the Walker thing than anybody wanted to investigate.

Or the car tag meant something to the officers involved and they scratched it off and were willing to comment perjury - something that sounds pretty stupid at this distance.  Or just maybe he showed the photos to somebody else who told him in no uncertain terms to get the tag off there. 

I wish I could come up with something that makes sense but unless multiple DPD officers lied about it,  then to me it suggests that whatever Oswald was up to in regard to Walker,  there is more going on with it than just Oswald by himself and that it may well have been a different 57 Chevy than the one owned by Walker's associate.  The one thing we lack in the FBI report is a quote from the DPD that they verified with the supposed Chevy owner that it was his car on the date in question - and we know the FBI did not attempt to confirm that, or if they did there is no sign of it in their report.

-- Larry

Note to All:

All spuculation. Nothing factual even going back to opinions expressed by others who have been interviewed over the years in reference to this lic. and have pushed the Cubans angle with their wild speculations and here say remours...their driving to Dallas and all that crap and other stories that was no way connected with any CIA OPS of the time.. All independents..., All spuculations.

I too. can speculate go into the Fourt Army Reserve when they were HDQ'ed at Dallas Love Field. (The 4th became the 5th Army, merged I think, some years later.) The personal records were destoryed in the big St Louis fire of 72 or so... However there are alt records that can be found in Austin Texas. Now in those records are the autos reg to get into areas restricted to MI... Find the time frame Capt Ed Seiwell 4th Army was there...(its been said he does'nt exist.. but that too is not fact another false rumor.. find him.... Dallas telephone director or utility bills and at Austin, etc...) He is a hard man to find...there is a picture of an auto parked in front of where all the inducties (draftees) took their physicals (Dallas Love Field 4th Army) before being sworn in to the regualr army.. ..,Look at the lic number of the car parked out front of this building. I have seen the picture.., but that is hearsay and I can't be trusted. I think the place in Austin is with the Texas National Guard at Camp Mayberry (??)(thats what I call the Army Camp)

And another place to find FACTUAL information is the 5th Army records on the Fourth Army Reserve. (the old hidden records that are real dusty... they were missed in the big purged and fire...

I know this will offend some experts BUT...Do some leg work... go out there and find it... Be researchers instead of taking third party hear say as fact which have been thrown to you to take you away from the truth....Do the work you should be doing and don't listen to anyone...including me...Just go document the facts, then pass them around to eachother ... now that you know where to go... Or do you want me to get it and give it to you while you sit back and sip your beer... Thanks for the information.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to speculate or be an expert.... Tosh :plane:D

P.S An expert is: ( X ) is an unknown quanity. (Spurt) is a drip under pressure.....thus (XSPURT) :ice:ice

Edited by William Plumlee

Tosh you bring up good sources. Hope someone will follow through.

That damn fire. Funny all went up in smoke around Watergate, wasn't it? This fire has been the bane of many a researcher.

My father's files are incomplete. The military record bare. These men were part of something and this part of the history has vanished from their files I think. But this is to be expected. Some guys lives aren't as important as National Security or deniability.

Where operations are concerned the men are a footnote. Consider this in the Paisley story, the work of Win Scott's son, Marchetti and his fight, Agee in Cuba. The CIA will never, never divulge sources and methods. It's in their charter. And here we are trying to get answers around this. Where to now?

Tosh, the Texas State Adjutant-General's Office in Austin did find the

records of Captain Edward G. Seiwell. He enlisted in the Texas Forty-ninth

Calvalry Recon Squadron in 1947 was upgraded to second Lt and finally

transferred as a Captain to the National Guard's 49th Armored Division in February of 1950.

His records show he resigned from the National Guard a month later in 1950.

That might be a start for anybody who wants to pursue it with the

Adjutant Generals office.

-- Larry

Tosh,  the Texas State Adjutant-General's Office in Austin did find the

records of Captain Edward G. Seiwell.  He enlisted in the Texas Forty-ninth

transferred as a Captain to the National Guard's 49th Armored Division in February of 1950.

-- Larry

Larry: Note In 1952 Captain Seiwell went back into service with the Forth Army Reserve and was based at Dallas Love Field.. The same place as the Texas 49th Armord Div.

I too was in the Texas National Guard 49th Armord Div before I went into the regular Army in 1953 at Ft Bliss Texas... I also went back into the National Guard and then transfered into the 4th Army Reserve in 1954. Capt Siewell was my CO officer at Love Field in 1954 until 1956... Do you have my military files? If so who signed off on my becoming a CPL in 1954? So am I lying? You say he resigned the Guard, true... but he actually transfered to the regular Army Reserve, the same as I did... Can't find the records? Can you find mine? Why not?... perhaps it is the unit we were in... If I prove this to you will I get an apolige? It seems to say I am fabricating the Seiwell information... so therefore then everything I say is now under question... because Seiwell resigned the Guard in 1950.... Is this how it works? That might be a start for any serious researcher... As I said in my other Post... Go into the records of the Forth Army Reserve, Dallas Love Field for the year 1954 Capt Edward G Seiwell. and CPL.William R Plumlee. I think you will find that was a Tank Bat at the forth... then into a INTEL unit at Love Field with the forth .... Then have a beer on me... :) Tosh Plumlee

Tosh

my hat's in this ring on one point, a minor one. You and I talked about MOs of these men involved in operations of various sorts. One thing that glares at me is the military habits of these men. They tend to switch branches of service. You and I have brought this up on other forums.

I've seen it in my father's records and others. In my case I have a record of service to USAF then (ONI?) at Hensley, as part of the USN reserves, a bit of National Guard and CAP tossed in. My aunt was USAF officer and quit short of retirement to work in Russia with CIA apparently. Military loans people to other branches esp Intel groups. I have seen this before. Just my two cents on this very big topic. It seems the Reserves is some kind of holding pattern? I don't know.

Best

C

Larry

Doesn't this thread seem to be about, that what is in the record and what is in someone's personal testimony both fair game? I mean one can be as important as the other. Because it ain't written down doesn't mean it didn't happen or a record is somewhere but unavailable for whatever reason. I think this has been our task: to take the docs and the testimonies and go from there.

Tosh has added to some stuff you researched and there it is. I think it makes a lot of sense to follow up on this kind of thing. Now, anybody in Texas out there who can take it up?

Best

C

Tosh and Chris, let's see, if I recall Tosh made a post mentioning that people had questioned that Seiwell was a real person at all. Then there was a discussion of records being burned and missing.

I made a post indicating that Seiwell was a real person, had a real military career and stated where somebody could begin digging beyond the point I mentioned, that the last file I was awere of showed he had left the reserve in 1950. I suggested a place for researchers to go to take it from there.

I'm not sure exactly why you both seemed to respond as if that was some sort of attack or challenge.....? The challenge is to find further records that might exisit isn't it? Of course as I've told Tosh, my real interest is in his activities in 1963 and in Dallas and I've given him questions on that and promised not to pester him until he is comfortable with posting his own full story.

-- guess I'd best leave it at that. Larry

Tosh,  the Texas State Adjutant-General's Office in Austin did find the

records of Captain Edward G. Seiwell.  He enlisted in the Texas Forty-ninth

-- Larry

Larry: Note In 1952 Captain Seiwell went back into service with the Forth Army Reserve and was based at Dallas Love Field.. The same place as the Texas 49th Armord Div.

I too was in the Texas National Guard 49th Armord Div before I went into the regular Army in 1953 at Ft Bliss Texas... I also went back into the National Guard and then transfered into the 4th Army Reserve in 1954. Capt Siewell was my CO officer at Love Field in 1954 until 1956... Do you have my military files? If so who signed off on my becoming a CPL in 1954? So am I lying? You say he resigned the Guard, true... but he actually transfered to the regular Army Reserve, the same as I did... Can't find the records? Can you find mine? Why not?... perhaps it is the unit we were in... If I prove this to you will I get an apolige? It seems to say I am fabricating the Seiwell information... so therefore then everything I say is now under question... because Seiwell resigned the Guard in 1950.... Is this how it works? That might be a start for any serious researcher... As I said in my other Post... Go into the records of the Forth Army Reserve, Dallas Love Field for the year 1954 Capt Edward G Seiwell. and CPL.William R Plumlee. I think you will find that was a Tank Bat at the forth... then into a INTEL unit at Love Field with the forth .... Then have a beer on me... :) Tosh Plumlee

In order to help research; the following should be of interest: Please Read and confirm.

Enlistment Record of William Robert Plumlee United States Army Forth Army Reserve Dallas Love Field Texas: Recap:

S/N 18389060; 9th of Feb 1955; grade CPL; Auth for grade 25-1; enlisted under authority of (NGR25-1) For service in NGS Texas; Company C 156Tk Bn. Forth Army Reserve; DoB 11 25 37; civil trade or occupatiom Aircraft Mech. Southwest Airmotive Dallas Love Field; Enlistment record: 22Oct52 thu 8th Feb53 NG Enl s/n25926077 Pvt disc. HonMin; Disc. 8Feb53; re enl. 28th Sept53 thu 2Mar54USAR

4th Army; 18389060 Grade at disc. CPL; 3Mar54 thu 2Jul 18389060 rank CPL. USA Ft Bliss Texas assn. temp dty 6Jul54-No Rec of Disc. tnsf. Texas 4th Army Res, Dallas Love Field, Dallas Texas. Co C156Tk Bn.CO Capt. Edward G Seiwell; Capt. Gilbert B Cook; 2ndLt. Charles R Brannon, Arty Ft Bliss Texas;

MOS: WR Plumlee 1795, 3795 Tank Crew man Tk Comander, Sherman Tank. Cpl. Plumlee Mos 'Unknown; Unknown" Ft Bliss Texas; Texas National Guard; Unknown. OO Records at Office of Adjutant General State of Texas Camp Mabry, Texas. Texas National Guard; Texas Forth Army Reserv; Certified Copy of Available Document By; XXX referenced doc.

(run a check on Edward G Seiwell Forth Army Reserve and the 49th Armord Div will also come up... why only half of his record is presented to researchers?

I would be happy to post the orginal copies of these 'Lost, Burned, and misplaced records, that could never be found in all these years.., that I found at Camp Mabry two years ago on my research while in Texas seeing my daughter Leslie and grandson. However, I am sure I would be accused of tampering with them... I can not research myself... hence I can sure as hell point the way for others and someone else can go get the documentation and tamper with it... I get the drift of whats going on out there...Burn me once..shame on me..., burn me twice???......... I can read between the lines... I am close to something people are getting jumpy... got to be stoped. Right? Tosh :o

P.S. Larry. Perhaps you might have taken me wrong on how I said what I just posted. It was not directed toward you in any negative way. I repect your research and consider you one of the dedicated, as to the search for truth. My intent is to only fill in some of the blanks... and I only wanted the world to know there are many blanks... what I posted is just one link..there are others. If I can I will continue to point out documentation and facts to confirm(?) various matters I was connected with and know about. I see that as "working together" for a commond cause... Sorry if I offended you.. it was not intentional I assure you.... Tosh

Edited by William Plumlee

Not at all Larry I mean no offense. I've just found that in my research I've had to weigh what is in the record with what I hear from what I consider the eyewitnesses. Murky and tough to get to the details, but necessary. I think there's good research here, even though it's not my main interest, the lead Tosh has given with the stuff you found is equally important.

Friend-ily Yours

C

• 4 years later...

Chapter 33: “JFK and the Cuban Connection” of Dick Russell's new book, On the Trail of the JFK Assassins, was originally published in High Times Magazine (August 1996). On page 219 he writes about Felipe Vidal Santiago being arrested on a 1964 sabotage mission. He was later executed by the Cuban government but before he died he provided information on his anti-Castro activities. What is interesting is that he admitted that he was an information conduit for General Edwin Walker. This provides an important link between the anti-Castro Cubans and right-wing elements in Dallas.

On page 223 he adds that Felipe Vidal Santiago told Cuban intelligence that on the weekend before the assassination, he was invited to a meeting in Dallas by the CIA’s Colonel William Bishop. Russell adds that just before his death Bishop told him he had knowledge of the assassination plot against JFK.

Chapter 33: JFK and the Cuban Connection of Dick Russell's new book, On the Trail of the JFK Assassins, was originally published in High Times Magazine (August 1996). On page 219 he writes about Felipe Vidal Santiago being arrested on a 1964 sabotage mission. He was later executed by the Cuban government but before he died he provided information on his anti-Castro activities. What is interesting is that he admitted that he was an information conduit for General Edwin Walker. This provides an important link between the anti-Castro Cubans and right-wing elements in Dallas.

On page 223 he adds that Felipe Vidal Santiago told Cuban intelligence that on the weekend before the assassination, he was invited to a meeting in Dallas by the CIAs Colonel William Bishop. Russell adds that just before his death Bishop told him he had knowledge of the assassination plot against JFK.

I don't know any more about Felipe Vidal than Cuban intelligence officials said in Nassau or than Bishop told me when I interviewed him (as well as the government files linking the two of them). But based on what I learned from and about these two individuals, I would say it is "conceivable" that they were involved at some level in JFK's assassination.

• 2 years later...

Miller Davies, Miami Times (28th May, 1964)

Havana radio reported today that four agents of the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency were executed by a firing squad on Tuesday for trying to land on the north coast of Cuba.

The broadcast charged they were agents sent to Cuba by Mandolo Ray, head of the anti-Castro Revolutionary junta, to infiltrate Las Villas Province and lead subversive activities.

One of the executed men were identified as Major Felipe Vidal Santiago, a diplomatic aide in charge of the Cuban Embassy in Venezuela shortly after Castro took over in Cuba...

The broadcast said the three other men executed were Ladislao Gonzales Benitez, Elias Rivero Bello and Alfredo Valdes Linares.

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKsantiago.htm

• 6 years later...