The Education Forum

Madeleine Brown

John Simkin

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the eve of Tax Day 1982, Ruth Hyde Paine sat down at a typewriter and started a quiet fight with the federal government.

She struggled for the words.

She stewed over the consequences.

"This year, for the first time, I am withholding that portion of my income tax (40 percent), which I estimate goes toward military uses and war preparations," Paine wrote on April 14, 1982. "I have been wrestling with my conscience for a long time on this matter and finally felt I must resist taxation and tax expenditures when they are in conflict with my religious beliefs."

Along with the letter, Paine sent $1,434 to the IRS. She directed the rest of the money she owed, $956, to a Massachusetts peace fund.

"I was extremely nervous," Paine says. "I was staring down a lion. And I didn't really know what it could do."

More than 130-million people will file a federal income tax return this year, according to the IRS. And virtually all of them - at least 97 percent - pay the taxes they owe on time.

But while many filers scurry to complete their returns today to be free from the IRS's wrath, a small minority of antiwar activists have filed incomplete, inaccurate 1040s on purpose.

Known as war tax resisters, these protesters withhold income taxes that they say will be spent on U.S. military operations.

Resisters are not looking to shave a few dollars off their tax bill, Paine said. Instead, they redirect that portion of the money to a peace charity.

And in turn, they face harsh consequences. Jail time, hefty fines and property seizures are all possibilities.

Paine, 71, withheld about $4,000 from the federal government over the course of 10 years. In the end, the government got all of the money back, plus penalties and interest.

But Paine said she couldn't willingly give money to make war.

"I believe in taxation. I believe in government," said Paine, a Quaker and an antiwar activist whose watch keeps military time. "But I also believe in our right to religious freedom. And I believe in the fact that we value dissent as a patriotic thing."

From 1982 to 1992, Paine wrote a letter to the IRS each spring explaining how much she was withholding, where the money was going, and why. Sometimes, Paine held back close to $1,000. On other occasions, the amount was symbolic.

"I have been out walking, wondering what to say to you in this letter," Paine wrote one April, after diverting $62 to charity. "NUCLEAR WINTER. It is a specter that haunts us all. I must take some action to prevent such a disaster."

Each year when Paine sent a letter, she forwarded copies to her representatives in Congress. She wanted legislators to give her another option, a way for taxpayers to keep their money out of defense coffers.

They usually responded, offering sympathy but little else.

"I admire the courage and the strength of your conviction," wrote then-Sen. Lawton Chiles in August 1983. "We both share the strongest aversion to war, and the strongest desire to avoid it at all costs. We differ in our means, but not in our common goal."

No one knows how many federal income tax resisters like Paine exist. Gloria Sutton, a spokeswoman with the IRS, said the government does not keep statistics on the number of conscientious objectors. Even Ruth Benn, a tax resister who has written a how-to book on the matter, isn't sure how many there are like her.

Benn, the coordinator of the National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee, said up to 10,000 people nationwide might take part in some type of tax protest. That estimate, however, includes people who intentionally make less money to avoid paying any federal income tax.

"It's hard for us to survey," said Benn, 51, who is based in Brooklyn, N.Y. "There are so many people out there that we think are resisting that we just don't know about."

Paine knows only one other Tampa Bay area person who has withheld income taxes because of moral objections.

Mary Ann C. Holtz, a St. Petersburg woman who has voiced her antiwar opinions in the editorial pages of the St. Petersburg Times, donated $75 worth of federal taxes last year to a nonprofit group in protest of military operations in Iraq.

Holtz declined to comment for this report, but her letter to the federal government said she did not want her money going toward agencies that inflict violence. Her April 6, 2003, letter was posted on the National War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee Web site, www.nwtrcc.org

"With each escalation of violence and the predictable counterviolence, it becomes increasingly evident that no amount of military preparedness can truly make our country . . . secure," Holtz wrote regarding her 2002 Form 1040. "In fact, the only real way to (sustain) security is through the long and difficult process of peacemaking."

In Paine's case, in the end the IRS levied her bank accounts to get the tax money. Just about a year after she withheld her first $956, for example, tax collectors removed $1,067 from her savings account. The extra money covered penalties and interest.

The cycle repeated every year.

"The tax laws are in place, and just because you don't agree with how tax money is spent is no excuse not to timely file and accurately pay your income tax," said Alycyn Culbertson, a St. Petersburg spokeswoman with the IRS's criminal investigation branch. "Just because an individual "doesn't mind paying taxes, but refuses to do so' is not an excuse. The tax law is the tax law."

Today, Paine's dining room table in her southeast St. Petersburg home is more of a kiosk for protest than a place to eat, with pamphlets, fliers and books explaining tax resistance.

One leaflet from a group called the War Resisters League includes a quote from Wally Nelson, a resistance pioneer of sorts, who spent 33 months in prison after refusing to serve during World War II. He "waged peace" until he died in 2002.

"What would you do if someone came to your door with a cup in hand asking for a contribution . . . to help buy guns and kill a group of people they didn't like?" Nelson said.

Benn, the resistance coordinator, puts Nelson's message into a more practical scenario.

"If we had an actual war tax, if the Bush administration said to everybody that they had to buy this $10 stamp, what do you think would happen?" Benn said. "You would see huge resistance."

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/04/15/Floridia...ar__a_few.shtml

Was Ruth's pacifist gesture made after she infliltrated humanitarian missions to Central America, and attracted suspicion and distrust for her intense question-asking and note-taking, to the point that she was ostracized by mission members, who warned newcomers not to talk to her?

She seems to have never known what side pacifism lay on.

*Maybe posts #32 and #33 belong in the Ruth Paine thread...

Edited by David Andrews

• 11 months later...
Guest Robert Morrow

I think that Madeleine Duncan Brown, the most beloved mistress of Lyndon Johnson from 1948-1969, is one of the KEYS to unlocking the JFK assassination. The most revealing things that we learn from her is 1) the Lyndon Johnson told her it was Texas oil men (think HL Hunt, Clint Murchison, Sr) and the CIA who murdered John Kennedy 2) that Lyndon Johnson had foreknowledge of the plot and 3) that Lyndon Johnson was so incredibly ruthless and evil that he would kill or make her nanny Dale Turner disappear the next day FOREVER just because Dale saw Madeleine and VP Lyndon Johnson together in a hotel hallway about to enter a room (for a rendezvous.)

Ed Tatro knew Madeleine very well; he helped her edit her book Texas in the Morning and he considers her a mostly very credible witness. Jim Marrs investigated her, considers her credible and his sources among Texas reporters told him it was an "open secret" that she was Lyndon's girlfriend.

That does not mean we should believe EVERYTHING that Madeleine says. I do not. There is no way all those men were at a party at Clint Murchison's house on 11/21/63 to decide JFK assassination. Especially Hoover who was in Wash, DC. JFK's assassination had been in the works for months if not years. So I pretty much SKIP what Madeleine says about the big party at the Murchison's, although I certainly believe HL Hunt was a big player in the JFK assassination, along with the CIA players and mafia that Lyndon Johnson recruited into the plot to murder John Kennedy.

I don't believe Madeleine one lick about Jack Rudy talking about LHO bragging about shooting at Gen. Walker. That is baloney. But just because Madeleine is wrong (or lying, or embellishing, or exaggerating) on some things does not mean that she is not useful for some BLOCKBUSTER, game changing and revealing information about the JFK assassination.

Madeleine Brown was infatutated with Lyndon Johnson and his power. In her mind she thought she was his secret family (and son) and she thought (very mistakenly) that she was his ONLY mistress! I do believe that Madeleine was LBJ's most beloved, closest and favorite mistress. He doted on her: bought her a house, gave her cars, supporter her to a degree and told her some incredible things. Twenty five years after Lyndon Johnson's death Madeleine was still very much in LOVE with him and convinced Lyndon Johnson was part of the JFK assassination.

Get her book Texas in the Morning on Amazon; it is worth the $100 if you can afford it:

http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Morning-Madeleine-President-Johnson/dp/0941401065/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283814971&sr=1-1

Madeleine Duncan Brown was a mistress of Lyndon Johnson for 21 years and had a son with him named Steven Mark Brown in 1950. Madeleine mixed with the Texas elite and had many trysts with Lyndon Johnson over the years, including one at the Driskill Hotel in Austin, TX, on New Year's Eve 12/31/63.

In the morning of January 1, 1964, just 6 weeks after the JFK assassination, Madeleine asked Lyndon Johnson:

"Lyndon, you know that a lot of people believe you had something to do with President Kennedy's assassination."

He shot up out of bed and began pacing and waving his arms screaming like a madman. I was scared!

"That's bull___, Madeleine Brown!" he yelled. "Don't tell me you believe that crap!"

"Of course not." I answered meekly, trying to cool his temper.

"It was Texas oil and those $%$&% renegade intelligence bastards in Washington."

said Lyndon Johnson, the new president.] [Texas in the Morning, p. 189] [LBJ told this to Madeleine on 1/1/64 in the Driskill Hotel, Austin, TX in room #254. They spent New Year’s Eve ‘64 together here. Room #254 was the room that LBJ used to have rendevous’ with his girlfriends – today it is known as the LBJ Room, and rents for $600-1,000/night as a Presidential suite at the Driskill; located on the Mezzanine Level.]

What Lyndon Johnson did not tell his mistress was that Texas big oil (think H.L. Hunt and Clint Murchison, Sr) and the CIA had killed John Kennedy on behalf of Lyndon Johnson. LBJ either organized the plot to kill JFK or he knew about it in advance and agreed to cover the murder up.

HERE IS SOME MORE OF A MADELEINE DUNCAN BROWN INTERVIEW: http://www.21stcenturyradio.com/1314-presidents.html

When we focus on the Kennedy Administration and sex, people automatically think of Marilyn Monroe and other glamorous lovers of JFK. Fewer are familiar, however, with Lyndon B. Johnson's long time mistress, Madeleine Duncan Brown. Last year [1997] Madeleine published her steamy memoirs of her love affair with LBJ that began in Texas long before he became president, and resulted in an illegitimate son named Steven. Murder, intrigue, treason, and lots of hot sex, it's all here in this book, Texas in the Morning: The Love Story Of Madeleine Brown And President Lyndon Baines Johnson. Madeleine did one of her first radio interviews on The Zoh Show on July 31, 1997, arranged by her publisher, Baltimorean Harrison Edward Livingstone, a Zoh Show listener. Livingstone believes Madeleine deserves our gratitude for coming forward after withstanding extreme efforts to silence her, even to the extent of imprisoning her son, and possibly causing his death. Steven died in a Naval Hospital in 1990 under mysterious circumstances.

Among Madeleine's incredible memoirs there is the night before JFK's assassination when Madeleine remembers Lyndon at a party with Richard Nixon, J. Edgar Hoover, John J. McCloy and other rich and powerful men who she believes discussing plans to assassinate the president on November 22, 1963. Of course, Madeleine's detractors will say she's watched too many Hollywood conspiracy movies, but Madeleine Brown says she's telling the truth. If what she says is true, the United States government orchestrated a political coup like the ones we associate with rogue third world nations. According to Madeleine Brown, and in the opinion of many other people, we have not had a legitimate federal government since.

LBJ WAS RED-FACED

Madeleine describes an anxious and red-faced LBJ emerging from that party briefing. The words she remembers are: "After tomorrow those God-damned Kennedys will never embarrass me again. That's not a threat, that's a promise."

WHO IS MADELEINE DUNCAN BROWN AND WHERE DID SHE COME FROM?

"I came from a devout Christian family and I had wonderful parents and grandparents on both sides. We lived in a small community in the Bible Belt of Texas," Madeleine Brown describes her background. After I graduated from high school I went to work for the Republic National Bank for $90 a month. It was great. From there I went into advertising.... I was 23 at the time, and women weren't quite as developed, you might say, as they are today. I lived a very sheltered life."

"ALICE AND WONDERLAND TYPE PARTIES"

She recalls the first time she met Lyndon. One of the advertising firm's clients, radio station KTBC, one of Lyndon Johnson's properties,was giving a huge party, "and they invited me to come. That night I met Lyndon and he invited me to come to another party in Austin. They used to have real big parties. I'm talking about Alice in Wonderland type parties. When I went to Austin and we were dancing at the Driskill Hotel he put a key in my hand and everything followed suit."

She didn't know who he was other than one of the rich and powerful and she was "excited" at the prospect of a rendezvous. Madeleine was a young widow in her twenties at the time and remembers feeling an incredible chemistry with this intriguing man. "It was so powerful," she recalls. "Even today as I speak or think of him my body reacts to his name. It was an exciting experience for me. We had a strong sex life together."

She acknowledges that her book is "a little bit on the X-rated side."

Zoh suggested perhaps they had been lovers in a former lifetime, and Madeleine considered, "It was either that or it was just something that happens between a male and a female. I half-way believe in reincarnation. Again, our life was so beautiful together until... but of course having Steve made it worth it all."

TEXAS OIL CONTROLLED WASHINGTON

"A lot of people do not realize it, but [at that time] the oil people in Texas controlled Washington," continues Madeleine, remembering the days when she first met Lyndon. "Even starting way back in 1920 President Taft would come to Texas and this Clint Murchison, one of the big oil people, had married a girl from Tyler, Texas, and even J. Edgar Hoover came during those years. And so Clint established himself in Washington and it began to grow. And even President Roosevelt and Harry Truman all through -- you can read the book, ‘who's who of the elite’, and see how these presidents tied together. Texas had actually controlled Washington. They were very strong in our government. In 1960 when lay people thought they really had selected the candidates to run for the Presidency, they did not. Joe Kennedy, the father, had the mafia behind him and, of course, H. L. Hunt, and oil people were supporting Kennedy. And these two men met in Los Angeles, California and they decided who would run on the ticket. H. L. Hunt finally said, "We'll concede if Lyndon goes on as Vice-President." So, the two men chose the candidates for the 1960 election. Lay people don't really understand that unless they understand the policies of America."

LITTLE GIRLS SHOULDN'T HAVE BIG EARS

Madeleine remembers seeing J.Edgar Hoover while together with Lyndon on their second date together in Austin. She asked Lyndon about it, and it was the first time he warned her with the soon to be oft-repeated phrase. "He told me little girls shouldn't have big eyes and big ears and they didn't see, hear, or repeat anything. When I did ask Lyndon that's when he told me I should never see, hear, or repeat anything." Later in the book, Madeleine alleges that during their subsequent 21 year love affair, after their son, Steven, was born, J. Edgar Hoover began blackmailing Lyndon over their relationship.

John Connally once said about LBJ: "There is no adjective to describe Lyndon. He was cruel and kind, generous and greedy, sensitive and insensitive, crafty and naïve, ruthless and thoughtful, simple in many ways, yet extremely complex, caring and totally uncaring; he could overwhelm people with kindness and turn around and be cruel and petty towards those same people." Madeleine says that when she first learned she was pregnant, he asked her to have an abortion. But when she refused because of her religious beliefs, he said, "It takes two to tango and I will take care of my responsibilities." And that's what he did, continued Madeleine. "He had Jerome Ragsdale come out to the house, and of course it crushed my mother and father. In those years a woman just simply... didn't have a child out of wedlock. If they did, families would send them away and sometimes they never came back to our area. So I crushed my parents, and even today I grieve sometimes because they were such wonderful, wonderful people. But Jerome Ragsdale and my father worked out all of the financial things and that's the way it continued until 1975."

Madeleine said, "If it ever leaked out, Ragsdale would take the fall for it... Of course Lyndon had total control in Texas in the press, the media." They had it all planned for Jerome Ragsdale to come forward and say he was the father, should any scandal erupt.

THERE WERE TWO SONS

Madeleine already had a son from her earlier marriage when she gave birth to Lyndon's son Steven. She says the two boys were very close and remained so throughout their lives until the knowledge of paternity was revealed. "Steven was so close to me, and he was the best looking thing, great big ole' guy, heart as big as an ocean," said his mother. He died [of cancer] under mysterious circumstances in 1990 and since then she has made peace with her other son, Jimmy.

HOOVER BLACKMAILED LBJ ABOUT MADELEINE

"Of course, that was just J. Edgar Hoover, he did this to people," said Madeleine. "He blackmailed them." Lyndon suddenly told her that she would have to get married. "I said, 'Get married?' Another one of the White House Secretaries [had been] married off to a well known person, [but] I said 'I don't KNOW anyone to get married [to].' " But Lyndon had already arranged everything. "He said, 'You've been shooting skeet out at the Dallas Gun Club and I believe the fellow's name is Charles West', and I said, 'But I don't KNOW him', and he said, 'Well, all arrangements have been made.' ...It was called a paper marriage, in order to get some of the heat off in Washington.... it did take some heat off of Lyndon."

Madeleine was so totally devoted to Lyndon that she was willing to stand by him not only through this paper marriage, but even to the suppression of knowledge about murders of important officials. Her autobiography is like a romantic political intrigue novel. She recalls the death of U.S. Agriculture official Henry Marshall who was found dead on his farm.

Madeleine says it was well known Kennedy was going to drop Lyndon from the ticket because of Lyndon's involvement with the Bobby Baker scandal in Washington, and in Texas the agriculture people had been accused of subsidizing cotton contracts. There were a lot of scandals going on, insider trading on lucrative contracts in the cotton market for individuals in the government. Henry Marshall looked into it and he was going to go public. "Someone leaked information from the agricultural department... Henry Marshall with all of his records and things, he had to be silenced. There was a trigger man here in Texas, Malcolm E. Wallace... Anyway Henry Marshall, they first said he committed suicide. Can you believe five shots in the stomach with a .22 and [they said he] killed himself?"

Madeleine was very proud of the fact that 23 years later, one of her son's law classmates helped overturn the suicide verdict of Henry Marshall's death and turned its classification into homicide.

OUR MATE CAME UP MISSING [Lyndon Johnson gets rid of, probably murdered Madeleine’s nanny Dale Turner! … incident occurs while LBJ is Vice President.]

"Dale Turner, our mate... came up missing and I've never found her since," says Madeleine of the woman who was basically the nanny to her two children and had been with Steven since he was born. She says LBJ spotted Dalel observing the two of them together at a hotel in San Antonio and it upset him. "He covered his tracks very well," says Madeleine. "He didn't want anyone to know about our relationship, so after Dale saw him he told me that I would have to tell her goodbye. I said 'I can't do that, she's been with us ten years!' And he said, 'I said you'll have to tell her goodbye.' After we were returned to Dallas she called me at work and told me that she had some very important business, and I said, 'That's fine Dale, go take care of it, just take the boys to my mother's, [who] we lived close to.' I said, 'Take all the time you want.' She lived in with us and that was very convenient... Dale never did return. We had the "color law" in Texas in those years. If you did report a [missing] black, they could care less. It's very sad and tragic, but it did happen... Through the years I have tried to find her or find out what happened." She heard 'Mack Wallace' took care of her implying LBJ's orders caused the murder of the woman who had been the nanny of the President's son.

She says she wrote the book because she felt that after Lyndon was out of office that he should have come forth and recognize Steven. "At parties, he'd call him 'son', but he never did come out and say 'this is my son' or anything like that." Madeleine says he was hurt by it, but after Steven got sick with cancer, she decided to go public with the affair in this book. She hoped to have Steven take his place along with the Johnson girls as Lyndon's only son.

JACK RUBY HAD A MAP OF THE KENNEDY DALLAS ROUTE

In her book, Madeleine describes Jack Ruby holding a map of the Kennedy Dallas route making comments about where they were going to blow his head off. She says that together with executives from the ad agency where she worked they would go to the Carousel Club and play cards. "Remember Dallas was very small," she says, "it wasn't a metropolitan city. And in the afternoon the club wasn't open, but we'd go over, some of the executives from the ad agency, we'd sit there and play cards, but we could always find out what was going on, it was kind of a place to learn all. We were playing cards there one afternoon, and it was a couple weeks, I think, prior to the assassination, and Jack Ruby came over to us. He always called us "classy guys". And he said, 'Guess what I have?' And I glanced up and I said, 'What is it?' And he said, 'When that son of a bitch comes to Texas,' he said, 'It's the map where he's going.' It kind of stunned me and I said, 'All I know, Jack, is you run with the great white fathers of Dallas, and you know what's going on.' But it stunned me that knowing who he was that he would have this kind of confidential information. Now, the map was later published in the newspaper, but Jack had it before it ever hit the newspaper. Then he commented, he said, 'Doesn't he know that he should stay out of Dallas?' Kennedy's name was mud in Dallas and he said, 'Some of these jocks will blow his head off.' I said, 'We hope not.' We kind of passed it over, but once the assassination happened, and [what I heard] at the party the night before, things went falling in place."

She intimates that Ruby knew the Dallas police department, and that Lee Harvey Oswald and Ruby were together at the Carousel Club. She talks about rumors of high level authorities changing the motorcade route, the lack of security and press in Dealey Plaza at the crucial moment, witnesses who claim the motorcade slowed or virtually stopped during the shooting and other disturbing allegations coming from one who was so close to the events as they happened.

IT WAS THE OIL PEOPLE WHO KILLED KENNEDY

"When I met Lyndon at the Driskill Hotel on New Years Eve, 'course he was President then, I asked him. I said, 'People in Dallas think you had more to gain than anyone from the assassination of John Kennedy, and I've got to know. I'm very disturbed about it.' He had one of his "Johnson fits" and said again, 'You don't see, hear, or repeat anything.' But he also said, 'It was the oil people that I knew and intelligence that had caused the assassination.' I have never disbelieved it because I knew the things that were going on in Dallas, Texas."

"...Malcolm Wallace was there in Dallas, Texas. I saw Mack Wallace out at the Dallas Gun Club practicing two or three days prior to the assassination... I have always felt that since the witnesses did hear the shots coming from the grassy knoll..."

Madeleine also remembered another incident before the assassination that gave her reason to think twice. She says that she and H. L. Hunt, one of the richest men in America used to park in the same parking lot on Jackson Street, and one day when they were walking up the same street they walked together almost every day, he said to her: "Come here, honey, I want to show you something." She looked at what he was holding and saw one of the caricature drawings of President Kennedy as a mug shot, saying "Wanted For Treason". Madeleine says she said to H.L. Hunt: "Oh my God, H.L., you can't do the President that way!" She continues, "I was so naive at the time, and he said, 'Hell I can't! I'm the richest man in the world, and I can do what I want to.' And he did. After the assassination... H.L. Hunt went to Washington and stayed three weeks with Lyndon over the oil depletion. H.L. Hunt came back to Dallas and said 'We've won the war.' The oil depletion was never mentioned again. And of course that was one of the things he hated John Kennedy over. But H.L. Hunt bragged almost all the time. He said, 'Well, we got him out of office.' That was it."

STEVEN FINDS OUT WHO HIS FATHER IS

A brush with death brought the truth out of Madeleine after a heart attack. "I told him, I wanted to go to the other side without any hurt in my heart," she says. "And so I told him where the papers were that were showing Lyndon was his father. Steven was wounded by it and he was very bitter. He felt like I had been very deceitful to him... He had a raging fit just like Lyndon did and he filed a law suit for his part of the money." Unfortunately the notoriety Steven brought upon himself by claiming his rights to the inheritance of the Johnson estate was used against him by the U.S. Navy. "Unfortunately he had served time in the Navy after graduating from A&M," says Madeleine. She begged him not to file the law suit, "I said you don't want to do that, we're okay, we're going to be okay for life." But he did it anyway. "After him being 10 years out of the Navy, they decided that -- or the Navy or someone did -- that he was a deserter from the U.S. Navy, and it brought all kinds of problems." Steven was taken from Dallas to Corpus and then to San Antonio where Lyndon's records were. And suddenly he was sick and in the hospital. They did some tests on him, and the next thing Madeleine knows is he's missing from the Brooks General Hospital. "He was gone for about two months," she says. "I exercised everything I could to locate him, hiring a detective in Washington. We tried to get his law suit postponed, but they wouldn't do anything in Dallas for him. When the case came up from court they marked on the case "Failed to Appear in Court". And then after this happened we located Steven in Bethesda, Maryland. By the time we got him back home, he was so sick he ultimately passed away."

It shows how much power these people have, she says, and how they can sculpt documentation to prove whatever they want to. "It's very heart breaking."

Many people wonder why Madeleine has not been "bumped off". "Why have I survived?" she wonders? "I actually am better off now than I've ever been." She has some real reservations about a terrible automobile accident she had in 1967, but continues to live a very cautious, secluded, quiet life.

Her book is dedicated to Steven Mark Brown, December 27, 1950 to September 28, 1990 and to his father Lyndon Baines Johnson August 17, 1908 to January 22, 1973.

Zoh noted the unifying factor of fidelity and infidelity so prominent in Madeleine's life. Faith and contract and partnerships between mates and lovers, or ourselves and our federal government, often you can find a pattern of extreme infidelities alongside fierce loyalties in all relationships. Madeleine claims Lyndon's loyalty to her was a special kind of fidelity. The resulting infidelity this implies of his relationship to his wife, Lady Bird, can be compared to his infidelity to the community as has been demonstrated in his highly criticized methods of handling the Vietnam War.

IF LYNDON WERE HERE TODAY

If Lyndon were here today, Madeleine supposes he would demand a night full of sex and in the morning he would throw open the windows and yell "Goddamn, I love Texas in the morning!" as he did so many times before. "I'd tell him, since he didn't take a step forward -- I did. And he'd say, 'You don't see, hear or repeat anything.' I'd say, I hear YOU Lyndon."

Guest Robert Morrow

LYNDON JOHNSON INDEPENDENTLY CONFIRMED AS BEING AT DRISKILL HOTEL, AUSTIN, TX, THE NIGHT OF 12/31/63, JUST 6 WEEKS AFTER JFK ASSASSINATION.

And he had an assignation with his favorite mistress Madeleine Duncan Brown that night at the Driskill in a room that LBJ kept on reserve there.

Sam Johnson's Boy by Steinberg, has LBJ at Driskell Hotel 12/31/63, p.652:

"On New Year's Eve [12-31-63], with his first Presidential vacation almost over, Johnson paid a surprise visit to the drinking party Washington reporters away from home were holding at the Driskell Hotel in Austin. He had done handsomely for certain reporters during the vacation, and they were excited to see him now."

Here is another account of LBJ at the Driskell Hotel on 12/31/63: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-lucey/how-former-us-presidents_b_405850.html

Bill Lucy writing in the Huffington Post, 12-9-09

"Lyndon Johnson usually liked to sneak away to his ranch in Texas for the Christmas holidays, including New Year's Eve and prepare his State of the Union address.

On New Year's Eve 1964, LBJ left Lady Bird at the ranch to watch a movie, while he engaged in some party hopping; first by attending a private reception at the University of Texas in Austin; later he headed to a private club, the "40 Acres" not far from the college campus. After about an hour there-he dashed off to the home of Frank Irwin, former Chairman of the Board of Regents of the University of Texas and a close friend of the president, before heading to the Driskill Hotel for a New Year's Eve bash attended by the White House press corps."

And what do you think Lyndon Johnson do AFTER he partied with the White House press corps, probably in the bar of the Driskell Hotel ... he headed upstairs to the Mezzanine level to his reserved room #254 and into the arms of (one of) his beloved mistress Madeleine Duncan Brown, father of his son Steven. And it was THAT NIGHT that LBJ told Madeleine that "It was Texas oil and those $%$&$# renegade intelligence bastards in Washington" that murdered John Kennedy. [LBJ at late night 12/31/63 or early morning 1/1/64]

Guest Robert Morrow

Mainstream writer for Vanity Fair - has denied the assassination conspiracy, and painted a heroic front on J. Edgar Hoover in his Dillinger book. The print equivalent of Anderson Cooper.

Where does Anderson Cooper stand on the JFK Assasssination? I know that Chris Matthews of MSNBC sincerely believes Lee Harvey Oswald was taking pot shots.

Bryan Burrough however gives us lots of useful info on Texas Big Oil. One thing I noticed was how beholden Hoover was to them and how these oilmen treated Hoover like he was a maid or servant. That is useful info to know, how subservient Hoover was to them.

Edited by Robert Morrow

Mainstream writer for Vanity Fair - has denied the assassination conspiracy, and painted a heroic front on J. Edgar Hoover in his Dillinger book. The print equivalent of Anderson Cooper.

Where does Anderson Cooper stand on the JFK Assasssination? I know that Chris Matthews of MSNBC sincerely believes Lee Harvey Oswald was taking pot shots.

Bryan Burrough however gives us lots of useful info on Texas Big Oil. One thing I noticed was how beholden Hoover was to them and how these oilmen treated Hoover like he was a maid or servant. That is useful info to know, how subservient Hoover was to them.

I suppose I'm generalizing over Cooper's 9/11 coverage to the Kennedy thing.

• 8 months later...
Guest Robert Morrow

In her book Texas in the Morning, Madeleine Brown describes spending the night of 12/31/63 at the Driskill Hotel with Lyndon Johnson just 6 weeks after the JFK assassination. She says she spent the night with LBJ there, they drank Dom Perignon, had great sex. Then they went to bed.

"Two hours later, the rising orb of the sun broke through the draperies and Lyndon sprang up out of bed. With his famous bellowing bull sound, he roared, "Goddamn, Madeleine, there ain't nothing better than Texas in the morning!"

[Texas in the Morning: the Love Story of Madeleine Brown and President Lyndon Baines Johnson, p. 188]

She then says she confronted Johnson on the JFK assassination:

"Lyndon, you know that a lot of people believe you had something to do with President Kennedy's assassination."

He shot up out of bed and began pacing and waving his arms screaming like a madman. I was scared!

"That's bulls__t, Madeleine Brown!" he yelled. "Don't tell me you believe that crap!"

"Of course not." I answered meekly, trying to cool his temper.

"It was Texas oil and those f____g renegade intelligence bastards in Washington." [said Lyndon Johnson, the new president.] [Texas in the Morning, p. 189]

So basically, Brown is saying that she woke up on New Year's Day 1964 (1/1/64) at the Driskill with LBJ.

Now here is LBJ's Presidential schedule for 12/31/63 which you can pull off the website of the LBJ Library web site (8:10 PM depart in the evening 12/31/63; 12:10 AM leave Austin on New Year's Day. The White House Press was having a party at the Driskill and LBJ popped in to see them.)

8:10 Depart LBJ Ranch via... chopper with Don Thomas, Sandy Shapiro, General

Clifton

Gerry Whittington, VM, MF To Austin

Forty Acres Club

Frank Erwin's residence

White House Press

Headliners Club

12:10 To LBJ via Chopper w/ A.W. Moursund, Gerry W., General Clifton, VM, MF

I assume that LBJ's schedule is correct. It is not always correct as his itinerary was typed up later by his secretaries. And I am sure the ALWAYS left of his many assignations from his official itinerary.

So let's assume it is correct and LBJ left Austin at 12:10 AM on the morning of 1/1/64. Obviously he did not wake up in the morning with Madeleine Brown.

Madeleine Brown seems to giving a mixture of truth, misremembering and embellishments. I think a lot of times in her book she mixes up the dates of the anecdotes of her time spent with Lyndon Johnson. I think she added some embellishments (lies) as well.

But the bottom line is this: Madeleine Brown was a very close mistress to Johnson from 1948-1969; she had a son Steven Mark with LBJ in 1950; Johnson supported her financial over the years; Madeleine was infatuated with Johnson and still loved him 25 years after his death, and she was CONVINCED that Johnson knew about in advance or was deeply involved in the JFK assassination.

My assessment of her is Lyndon Johnson certainly made those comments to her listed above as well as telling her before the assassination that the gd Irish mafia bastard Kennedy brothers would never embarrass him a again - "that's a promise, not a threat."

You can put money on that. ... Just don't believe *everything* Madeleine says. If you want to find out what a man is up to just ask his secretary or his mistress (sometimes they are one and the same.)

[Note the Gerry Whittington on the helicopter trip with LBJ on New Year's Eve was an attractive black secretary of Johnson. Don Thomas was a very intimate LBJ crony who handled the Box 13 ballot stuffing in South Texas for Johnson in 1948; Don Thomas later told Barr McClellan that he was the last living person to know what really happened in the Box 13 vote stuffing and that as for Dallas, Thomas said "Ed Clark" handled it. Meaning Ed Clark helped to arrange the JFK assassination.]

Edited by Robert Morrow

.....So let's assume it is correct and LBJ left Austin at 12:10 AM on the morning of 1/1/64. Obviously he did not wake up in the morning with Madeleine Brown.

Madeleine Brown seems to giving a mixture of truth, misremembering and embellishments. I think a lot of times in her book she mixes up the dates of the anecdotes of her time spent with Lyndon Johnson. I think she added some embellishments (lies) as well.

But the bottom line is this: Madeleine Brown was a very close mistress to Johnson from 1948-1969; she had a son Steven Mark with LBJ in 1950; Johnson supported her financial over the years; Madeleine was infatuated with Johnson and still loved him 25 years after his death, and she was CONVINCED that Johnson knew about in advance or was deeply involved in the JFK assassination.

My assessment of her is Lyndon Johnson certainly made those comments to her listed above as well as telling her before the assassination that the gd Irish mafia bastard Kennedy brothers would never embarrass him a again - "that's a promise, not a threat."

You can put money on that. ... Just don't believe *everything* Madeleine says. If you want to find out what a man is up to just ask his secretary or his mistress (sometimes they are one and the same.)

Elsewhere, Robert Morrow has called this alleged episode the number one evidence of conspiracy in President Kennedy's murder.

He tells you you can put money on something that never can be confirmed. He tells you you can put your money on someone who is willing to add lies (his words) to her story.

And this is the number one evidence of conspiracy?

Save your money.

Guest Robert Morrow

.....So let's assume it is correct and LBJ left Austin at 12:10 AM on the morning of 1/1/64. Obviously he did not wake up in the morning with Madeleine Brown.

Elsewhere, Robert Morrow has called this alleged episode the number one evidence of conspiracy in President Kennedy's murder.

He tells you you can put money on something that never can be confirmed. He tells you you can put your money on someone who is willing to add lies (his words) to her story.

Save your money.

It is a free world, Michael, and you don't have to believe the account of one of Lyndon Johnson's closest mistresses (1948-1961) if you don't want to. Most, though not all, JFK researchers who have had close and frequent contact with Madeleine Brown consider her one of the keys to understanding the 1963 Coup d'Etat.

What Madeleine is basically telling us is: 1) Lyndon Johnson had foreknowledge of the JFK assassination and 2) Lyndon Johnson said it was Texas oil men (think Clint Murchison, Sr. and H.L. Hunt for starters, maybe even D.H. "Dryhole" Byrd who owned the TSBD) and those "renegade intelligence bastards" CIA who murdered John Kennedy. Malcolm Wallace, LBJ's personal hitman, used to work for one of Byrd's companies and Wallace's left pinky fingerprint was found on "Box A" in the so-called sniper's nest on the 6th floor.

Combining Madeleine with all else we know, it all but confirms that this is the genesis of the JFK assassination. I was at JFK Lancer last fall (2010) and the keynote speaker Canadian Brian McKenna said it was H.L. Hunt who organized the JFK assassination.

Here is Madeleine's book, Texas in the Morning: http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Morning-Madeleine-President-Johnson/dp/0941401065

Edited by Robert Morrow

Save your money.

It is a free world, Michael, and you don't have to believe the account of one of Lyndon Johnson's closest mistresses (1948-1961) if you don't want to. Most, though not all, JFK researchers who have had close and frequent contact with Madeleine Brown consider her one of the keys to understanding the 1963 Coup d'Etat.

What Madeleine is basically telling us is: 1) Lyndon Johnson had foreknowledge of the JFK assassination and 2) Lyndon Johnson said it was Texas oil men (think Clint Murchison, Sr. and H.L. Hunt for starters, maybe even D.H. "Dryhole" Byrd who owned the TSBD) and those "renegade intelligence bastards" CIA who murdered John Kennedy. Malcolm Wallace, LBJ's personal hitman, used to work for one of Byrd's companies and Wallace's left pinky fingerprint was found on "Box A" in the so-called sniper's nest on the 6th floor.

Combining Madeleine with all else we know, it all but confirms that this is the genesis of the JFK assassination. I was at JFK Lancer last fall (2010) and the keynote speaker Canadian Brian McKenna said it was H.L. Hunt who organized the JFK assassination.

Here is Madeleine's book, Texas in the Morning: http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Morning-Madeleine-President-Johnson/dp/0941401065

This has nothing to do with whether I (or anyone else) believe Madeleine Brown's Driskill story or not.

There is a clear distinction between choosing to believe selected parts of Brown's story while rejecting other parts of it and

making the leap to proclaiming that her Driskill story is the number one evidence of conspiracy in President Kennedy's murder.

You consistently fail to recognize this distinction. Instead you prefer to post distractions such as Brian McKenna's views on

Howard Hunt, which has nothing to do with your claim about Brown.

You can provide all the links you want to Amazon, talk about gangsters and oilmen and intelligence operatives, but it's not relevant.

If you hadn't declared that her Driskill story was the number one evidence of conspiracy, you and I wouldn't be having this exchange.

How many of the other researchers that think Brown is selectively credible would agree with you that Brown's purported Driskill story

is the number one evidence of conspiracy?

You make a similar claim for Judyth Baker. You say you believe her story, but not all of it. Is she the second most important evidence

of conspiracy in your mind? What part of her story do you disbelieve?

Finally Robert, its not exactly a free world, as you choose to describe it. Many things come with a price.

To call Brown's Driskill story the number one evidence of conspiracy in President Kennedy's murder mocks a lot of serious research in this case,

and further diminishes your credibility. That's the price you pay.

Guest Robert Morrow

Actually, Michael Hogan your NOT believing Madeleine Brown severely diminishes your credibility with me. Truth is sitting there right in front of your face and you can't recognize it.

Madeleine was spot on the money on a lot of other inside information that few other folks new. For example, she was quite aware that LBJ had gotten on of his secretaries (or former secretary) preganant (think Mary Margaret Wiley Valenti who had Courtenay "Lynda" Valenti 3 weeks before the JFK assassination. That was a story that very few folks knew until Madeleine and Billie Sol Estes started talking about it. They were right as right (see the book Dog Days at the White House by Traphes Bryant.)

Brian McKenna was fingering oil man H.L. Hunt (Haroldson Lafayette Hunt) not CIA man E. Howard Hunt. Having said that I believe both Hunts were involved in the JFK assassination.

I agree Madeleine Brown does have some credibility problems, on the other hand she was extremely close to Johnson over a long period of time and she was plugged into the center of the LBJ circle as much as Lady Bird. So I believe as do most Texas-based JFK researchers who had a lot of personal experience with her: Jim Marrs, Constance Kritzberg, James Tague (a witness as well), Dawn Meredith just to name a few. Ed Tatro is a careful researcher; he believes her.

As for Judyth Vary Baker - I believe her general and extremely important story, that she was a cancer researcher in New Orleans, worked for Alton Oschner and was a mistress of US intelligence agent Oswald. I have not gone through and decided which pieces of her story I believe or not.

Hey, Hogan, worry about your own credibility.