The Education Forum

JFK and the Ku Klux Klan

John Simkin

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David, thanks for coming to my defense. I have never been called pointedly ignorant before. I apologize if I got the name wrong. I am referencing her uncle that has since passed away that she said was a shooter in the killing of our president.

I don't think you got the name wrong. You repeated the name as I remember it before it got removed. But then I have often been called pointedly ignorant.

• 2 weeks later...

David, thanks for coming to my defense. I have never been called pointedly ignorant before. I apologize if I got the name wrong. I am referencing her uncle that has since passed away that she said was a shooter in the killing of our president.

Sorry Terry Adams. I wasn't ignoring you. I have been on holidays.Hope yours were as good as mine.

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, but do you seriously want to go to a Ku Klux Klanman's house, out in the country, and ask his children, around 60 by now, if their daddy did such a thing? Do I have you right? It seems like a pretty naive thing to do.

Then they want to know who told you and soon, it's my ass that's on the line. Your ignorance is threatening, not only to me, but yourself. Do you think stories you have heard about the KKK, are jokes?

Yes, my uncle was in on it. He went on to be a serial killer who died without ever being charged for any of his crimes, strange as I am sure all of my claims must seem to you. I'm sure the facts that I do not know, are stranger still.

Dear Terri Williams,

I find your account intriguing and plausible. It conforms to my own theory that places the core of the JFK assassination in a grass-roots movement of men and women associated with the "Minutemen," whom, as I have read, had close ties to the KKK.

The "Minutemen" were (and to a lesser degree still are) local vigilante groups loosely organized into a national movement (just as the KKK has always been). They were all riflemen, and they gathered on formal occasions in the country-side for shooting practice and even "war games", much like the KKK.

Writer and member of this Forum, William Turner, wrote a book about the extreme right-wing in the USA (Power on the Right, 1973), and in that book, as I recall, he said that in 1963, no man could become a member of the Dallas Police Department unless he was already a member of the John Birch Society, the Minutemen, or the KKK and preferably all three.

In local legend, one of the shooters at JFK in Dallas -- and possibly even the killer of J.D. Tippit -- was Roscoe White. Roscoe was working for Guy Banister in New Orleans in the summer of 1963, and in the fall of 1963 he joined the Dallas Police Department. Although he was a new trainee, he was already wearing a gun in Dallas beginning in November, 1963. His wife and son claim that he confessed to being one of the grassy knoll shooters. My point is that Roscoe White was also allegedly a member of the KKK as well as the Minutemen.

Guy Banister, so I've read, was also a member of the KKK, a member of the Minutemen and also a member of the White Citizens' Council in his neighborhood. Many Minutemen, especially in the deep South, were also members of their local KKK chapters. Ex-General Edwin Walker was a frequent speaker at White Citizen Council meetings, and was also a respected leader of the Minutemen (according to Harry Dean).

By considering the assassination of JFK to be a grass-roots movement of extreme rightist organizations, we obtain a more plausible theory, IMHO, that best explains why: (1) the shooters have remained unknown for so long; and (2) why so many witnesses who offered warm clues ended up dead on a regular basis.

Another strong point to a KKK-Minutemen involvement in the JFK assassination is that it confirms that we are talking about a conspiracy involving hundreds of people -- a discipilned group that is able to keep quiet for fifty years or more.

Further, so many KKK-Minutemen would need a leader and a goal. Ex-General Edwin Walker who led the Ole Miss race riots in Oxford, Mississippi, would be a plausible leader for them. He was shunned by the American majority but he was still beloved by the extreme right-wing. Walker was a regular speaker on nationwide right-wing tours promoting racial segregation as late as April, 1963, and appeared in local segregationist venues throughout the South for the remainder of 1963.

But more to the point, Edwin Walker and Guy Banister were leaders among the Minutemen and helped to provide training grounds for war games. These training grounds were also shared with Cuban Exiles who wanted nothing more than to take Cuba back in a blaze of glory. This combination of KKK, Minutemen and Cuban Exiles on fire was a witches brew. Add a dash of ex-CIA rogues and anything was possible.

In June, 1963 James Meredith was seriously wounded by a shooting in Mississippi, while his mentor in the Ole Miss movement, namely, Medgar Evers, was shot in the back in his own driveway and killed. His killer, Byron de la Beckwith, was brought to justice decades later, but in 1964 he got away with that crime. During his first trial in 1964, Ex-General Edwin Walker walked up to Beckwith and shook his hand publicly, in a show of support.

Although Ex-General Edwin Walker was not an open racist while he was wearing a US Army uniform, after he resigned from the Army (as the only US General to resign in the 20th century) Walker soon learned that the only friends he had left were those among the extreme right-wing. Luckily for Walker, the entire USA right-wing had begun to fall in line under the McCarthyist doctrines of his beloved John Birch Society, whose key doctrine was that FDR, Truman, Ike and JFK were all Communists, traitors and deserved to die.

The Cuban crisis brought it all to a head. The Minutemen arose in 1961 upon fears that Fidel Castro would invade the USA (see the 1984 version of the movie, Red Dawn, starring Patrick Swayze). Perhaps 1963 was the peak of extreme right-wing grassroots militant activity in the USA, in my opinion, and it was ripe for a world-historical act like the assassination of JFK.

Finally, Terri Williams, I believe that the KKK involvement with the Minutemen fits with the pattern in which we find ex-General Edwin Walker throughout 1963. So, your claims are plausible according to my own theory.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

Edited by Paul Trejo

Dear Terri Williams,

I find your account intriguing and plausible. It conforms to my own theory that places the core of the JFK assassination in a grass-roots movement of men and women associated with the "Minutemen," whom, as I have read, had close ties to the KKK.

Yes the man I named was a member of the National Guard Reserve, and an ace marksman.

Guy Banister, so I've read, was also a member of the KKK, a member of the Minutemen and also a member of the White Citizens' Council in his neighborhood. Many Minutemen, especially in the deep South, were also members of their local KKK chapters. Ex-General Edwin Walker was a frequent speaker at White Citizen Council meetings, and was also a respected leader of the Minutemen (according to Harry Dean).

By considering the assassination of JFK to be a grass-roots movement of extreme rightist organizations, we obtain a more plausible theory, IMHO, that best explains why: (1) the shooters have remained unknown for so long; and (2) why so many witnesses who offered warm clues ended up dead on a regular basis.

Another strong point to a KKK-Minutemen involvement in the JFK assassination is that it confirms that we are talking about a conspiracy involving hundreds of people -- a discipilned group that is able to keep quiet for fifty years or more.

Yes and their children are not about to start talking now.

Further, so many KKK-Minutemen would need a leader and a goal. Ex-General Edwin Walker who led the Ole Miss race riots in Oxford, Mississippi, would be a plausible leader for them. He was shunned by the American majority but he was still beloved by the extreme right-wing. Walker was a regular speaker on nationwide right-wing tours promoting racial segregation as late as April, 1963, and appeared in local segregationist venues throughout the South for the remainder of 1963.

But more to the point, Edwin Walker and Guy Banister were leaders among the Minutemen and helped to provide training grounds for war games. These training grounds were also shared with Cuban Exiles who wanted nothing more than to take Cuba back in a blaze of glory. This combination of KKK, Minutemen and Cuban Exiles on fire was a witches brew. Add a dash of ex-CIA rogues and anything was possible.

Many young men and high school boys trained in Louisiana. My uncle at the time was fresh out of the Merchant Marines. There were many rallies that summer throughout the south, but especially in my hometown.

In June, 1963 James Meredith was seriously wounded by a shooting in Mississippi, while his mentor in the Ole Miss movement, namely, Medgar Evers, was shot in the back in his own driveway and killed. His killer, Byron de la Beckwith, was brought to justice decades later, but in 1964 he got away with that crime. During his first trial in 1964, Ex-General Edwin Walker walked up to Beckwith and shook his hand publicly, in a show of support.

Although Ex-General Edwin Walker was not an open racist while he was wearing a US Army uniform, after he resigned from the Army (as the only US General to resign in the 20th century) Walker soon learned that the only friends he had left were those among the extreme right-wing. Luckily for Walker, the entire USA right-wing had begun to fall in line under the McCarthyist doctrines of his beloved John Birch Society, whose key doctrine was that FDR, Truman, Ike and JFK were all Communists, traitors and deserved to die.

The Cuban crisis brought it all to a head. The Minutemen arose in 1961 upon fears that Fidel Castro would invade the USA (see the 1984 version of the movie, Red Dawn, starring Patrick Swayze). Perhaps 1963 was the peak of extreme right-wing grassroots militant activity in the USA, in my opinion, and it was ripe for a world-historical act like the assassination of JFK.

Finally, Terri Williams, I believe that the KKK involvement with the Minutemen fits with the pattern in which we find ex-General Edwin Walker throughout 1963. So, your claims are plausible according to my own theory.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

<edit typos>

My hometown was ripe for the picking for anyone looking for militia men, back then. They were fighting to keep their oppressive way of life, supreme. I know that the reaction to losing the weapons, who everyone credited Kennedy for, was to want him dead, not to mention James Meredith and the whole idea of integration.

Back then the way whites kept power was to enforce a 'literacy test' on voters. Of course white people got an education, but black's were not really allowed to have one. That is why so many churches were blown up; they were being used to teach.

Guy Bannister was in our hometown more than once in 1963 and arranged for our town to get a brand new green Ford pick-up truck for free, that summer. I never met the men, but my grandmother bragged about having net him and considered him a nice man. She was a bigot. Anything the KKK did she was all for it, while I was appalled.

Apparently, Bannister had visited my grandmother for supper and chosen my uncle, also present, to attend in Dallas. I was not there, but was told this by my grandmother who was bragging about the encounter and the importance of her son in the whole Dallas affair. I knew about the other man from what happened at school and what the other kids said, plus the way the man was treated like a hero by the whites in power after that and from his own bragging.

The Klan Kidz also bragged. They bragged about what Kennedy had coming to him, what would happen if he kept the security shield off, bragged about the man who did it and also bragged on the day JFK died, that "They're gonna keep goin' till there's a KKK", (Kennedy King Kennedy) which also came about. The Klan Kidz were right most of the time about violent events. I know much about what happened to a few black people in my hometown, but no one will ever be prosecuted for any of the murders. No one will ever investigate. No one who should, wants the crimes to be solved. It leads to a nest of snakes.

Edited by Terri Williams

(as the only US General to resign in the 20th century)

Didn't Marshall resign to become Secretary of State and Ike resign become President of Columbia and 2nd time to run for POTUS?

Len, no; Marshall and Eisenhower retired. When an officer resigns from the US Army, he forfeits his pension. It's considered a hostile act. Only a rash, brash fool would do something like that.

There was utterly no reason for Walker to resign, either -- even if he wanted to become a KKK member after he quit the Army -- his pension had nothing to do with it. It was a hostile act -- a protest against the USA and against the Presidents that Walker considered to be COMMUNISTS.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

...My hometown was ripe for the picking for anyone looking for militia men, back then. They were fighting to keep their oppressive way of life, supreme. I know that the reaction to losing the weapons, who everyone credited Kennedy for, was to want him dead, not to mention James Meredith and the whole idea of integration.

Back then the way whites kept power was to enforce a 'literacy test' on voters. Of course white people got an education, but black's were not really allowed to have one. That is why so many churches were blown up; they were being used to teach.

Guy Bannister was in our hometown more than once in 1963 and arranged for our town to get a brand new green Ford pick-up truck for free, that summer. I never met the men, but my grandmother bragged about having net him and considered him a nice man. She was a bigot. Anything the KKK did she was all for it, while I was appalled.

Apparently, Bannister had visited my grandmother for supper and chosen my uncle, also present, to attend in Dallas. I was not there, but was told this by my grandmother who was bragging about the encounter and the importance of her son in the whole Dallas affair. I knew about the other man from what happened at school and what the other kids said, plus the way the man was treated like a hero by the whites in power after that and from his own bragging.

The Klan Kidz also bragged. They bragged about what Kennedy had coming to him, what would happen if he kept the security shield off, bragged about the man who did it and also bragged on the day JFK died, that "They're gonna keep goin' till there's a KKK", (Kennedy King Kennedy) which also came about. The Klan Kidz were right most of the time about violent events. I know much about what happened to a few black people in my hometown, but no one will ever be prosecuted for any of the murders. No one will ever investigate. No one who should, wants the crimes to be solved. It leads to a nest of snakes.

Terri, although I consider your claims to be reasonable and plausible, I don't imagine that you are presenting your claims as proven -- even if you know for a fact that they are true. You cannot produce proofs without endangering your life -- and you probably couldn't produce proofs even if you did endanger your life, because as you said, the children of these extremists would never admit anything.

I find it easy to accept the existence of right-wing militia, bearing arms, and hating JFK in 1963. Harry Dean says that whenever he attended a Minuteman training camp event, there was a continual, chatter about killing JFK and FIdel. It was the daily routine.

By the way, JFK didn't even recommend gun control -- all he did was shut down all all these Cuban Exile training camps and confiscate underground arms shipments -- and furthermore he did this to present a smiling face to the world -- in clandestine terms he (almost certainly) kept some training camps open.

But that wouldn't matter to the Minutemen -- it wasn't the gun issue that was the problem -- because they all owned their own rifles and guns anyhow. Rather, it was James Meredith on the one hand, and Fidel Castro on the other hand. These two monsters were frightening the hell out of the average American -- but in the rural areas the response was considerably different than in the urban areas. There were many more paramilitary training grounds in the rural areas.

The James Meredith case (like the Little Rock case) directly addresses your claim, Terri, namely, that African-American education was the key motivation for blowing up Churches in the South that were used to teach literacy to African-Americans.

I have often heard that Guy Banister was a member of the KKK, but I have not seen documented proof. Your eye-witness account is valuable, however, and I appreciate it.

I can also accept your account, Terri, when you say Guy Banister visited your grandmother for supper and chose your uncle as a shooter in Dallas in November 1963. However, I would add that there were probably dozens (if not scores) of plots to kill JFK nationwide, and besides that (as Gerry P. Hemming told this Forum years ago) there were many teams of shooters that were available for various positions around Dallas. Furthermore, none of these teams would be allowed to meet the other teams, or to know of their existence.

So, even if your uncle was available with his rifle in Dallas on 22 November 1963, Terri, we still cannot guarantee that he was the final shooter, nor even that he was in the front lines. As I say - I believe that your claims fit all the criteria of reason and plausibility, and yet so do the claims of the familiy of Roscoe White, for example. There were many such figures, in my opinion.

I find your imagery about the KKK Kidz bragging to be unforgettable. We might recall, in the aftermath of 11 September 2001, when some groups in the Middle East danced in the streets after the World Trade Center in NYC fell to the ground. Apparently you saw something similar in the aftermath of 22 November 1963, when your schoolmates cheered and gloried in the fall of JFK.

Also, that chilling prophesy, that "They're gonna keep goin' till there's a KKK" (which referred to the deaths of JFK, MLK and RFK) would be fulfilled in five more years.

Such a prophesy suggests more than foresight -- it suggests insight. It suggests planning. And it speaks volumes about a subculture in the USA that we typically prefer to ignore, to neglect, which exists in our blind spot -- so that we might not even know how large it is, to this very day.

If this is correct, then it also helps to explain why after fifty years the JFK murder has not yet been solved to the satisfaction of reason. The solution may exist in our blind spot.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Terri, although I consider your claims to be reasonable and plausible, I don't imagine that you are presenting your claims as proven -- even if you know for a fact that they are true. You cannot produce proofs without endangering your life -- and you probably couldn't produce proofs even if you did endanger your life, because as you said, the children of these extremists would never admit anything.

The only proof I could ever hope to show, is that letter that I did write to Kennedy in the fall of 1963, warning him of the impending danger that awaited him in Dallas. It only makes sense that that letter is sealed up with the rest of the evidence, but if I am alive when it is all unsealed, I want the letter back. I wrote it and I want it back. That would be the only proof I could ever have. As for any other evidence, I'm sure it exists somewhere.

So, even if your uncle was available with his rifle in Dallas on 22 November 1963, Terri, we still cannot guarantee that he was the final shooter, nor even that he was in the front lines. As I say - I believe that your claims fit all the criteria of reason and plausibility, and yet so do the claims of the family of Roscoe White, for example. There were many such figures, in my opinion.

It was a Turkey Shoot in Dallas. Three marksmen in a triangle formation. There may have been others, but the three shooters were hand picked. Like you noted, there are not any Klan who will come forward and admit this to anyone here. Nor are there any who will tell you how revered the man who lived across the road from me was. I don't know who the third shooter was.

We might recall, in the aftermath of 11 September 2001, when some groups in the Middle East danced in the streets after the World Trade Center in NYC fell to the ground. Apparently you saw something similar in the aftermath of 22 November 1963, when your schoolmates cheered and gloried in the fall of JFK.

Yes, very much so. In fact I witnessed something of the Arab Celebration on the day of September 11, right here, a lot of high-fiving and congregating to celebrate. It was very reminiscent of the day JFK was killed.

Such a prophesy suggests more than foresight -- it suggests insight. It suggests planning. And it speaks volumes about a subculture in the USA that we typically prefer to ignore, to neglect, which exists in our blind spot -- so that we might not even know how large it is, to this very day.

Yes, it is quite a big blind spot, for some strange reason. Creatures who delve into these kinds of groups, usually prefer to operate in blind spots, in the dead of night, like the criminals they are.

Edited by Terri Williams

The only proof I could ever hope to show, is that letter that I did write to Kennedy in the fall of 1963, warning him of the impending danger that awaited him in Dallas. It only makes sense that that letter is sealed up with the rest of the evidence, but if I am alive when it is all unsealed, I want the letter back. I wrote it and I want it back. That would be the only proof I could ever have. As for any other evidence, I'm sure it exists somewhere.

...It was a Turkey Shoot in Dallas. Three marksmen in a triangle formation. There may have been others, but the three shooters were hand picked. Like you noted, there are not any Klan who will come forward and admit this to anyone here. Nor are there any who will tell you how revered the man who lived across the road from me was. I don't know who the third shooter was.

...In fact I witnessed something of the Arab Celebration on the day of September 11, right here, a lot of high-fiving and congregating to celebrate. It was very reminiscent of the day JFK was killed.

...Yes, it is quite a big blind spot, for some strange reason. Creatures who delve into these kinds of groups, usually prefer to operate in blind spots, in the dead of night, like the criminals they are.

Terri, the question the researcher must ask is -- where do we take it from here?

The 1964 Warren Commission did not investigate the KKK. Jim Garrison did not investigate the KKK in 1968. The 1979 House Select Committee on Assassinations did not investigate the KKK. Oliver Stone's 1991 movie, JFK, did not implicate the KKK (because it was based firmly on Jim Garrison's investigation).

All the major books about the JFK assassination tend to revolve around a handful of suspects: Oswald, the CIA, the Mafia, the FBI, the Pentagon or LBJ...but nobody has yet developed a theory about the KKK.

Maybe, just maybe, this is the reason why nobody has solved the JFK assassination after 50 years.

There is a link between your claim, Terri, that the KKK was the predominant player in the JFK assassination, and Jim Garrison's claim that 544 Camp Street is the center of the cyclone, namely, Guy Banister.

You speak of Guy Banister as a man whom you saw in your home town -- actually in your grandmother's kitchen -- and you portray him as very friendly to the KKK. Banister once rewarded a KKK member for his help, you said, by buying him a truck. That's significant.

So, for those who wish to pursue this line of questioning, I think the next step should be a full disclosure of Guy Banister's possible connections with the KKK. This is something that Jim Garrison failed to provide for us, although he should have, since Guy Banister lived in New Orleans.

Best regards,

--Paul Trejo

Edited by Paul Trejo

Why did LBJ, the FBI, the CIA, and the military go to such concerted lengths to cover up for these people, including provision of a ready-made lone-nut patsy?

Why did LBJ, the FBI, the CIA, and the military go to such concerted lengths to cover up for these people, including provision of a ready-made lone-nut patsy?

The only possible reason was that they were hired indirectly by the CIA, etc. The same is possibly true of the anti-Castro Cubans who have been closely associated with the assassination.

Would these Klansmen have been infiltrated by the rogue members of the CIA? They would need black ops help to get away with it and insider help to complete the cover-up.

Very astute observation Paul Trejo.

I think it is more likely that when LBJ, the FBI, the CIA, and the military got off work, they attended the same KKK rallies. I think it is fairly obvious, at least to me, that the KKK had the controlling hand in what went on and they had, not only the membership, but the smarts to plan such a coup. I wouldn't be so hasty to tease out members of the different groups mentioned as being NON-Klan. Even top CEO's, people in positions of great power (possibly even Hoover) were members of the KKK (right wing groups). It was Kennedy King Kennedy (KKK) after all, which was foretold to me by a Klan Kid on November 22, 1963. Much of the action in carrying out the coup took place in the south in 1963, much of it in Terry & Byram, Mississippi, almost due north of New Orleans.

On a side-note, it might even be possible that Kennedy was wanting to make the technology invented at NASA, available to the public, which would have threatened Standard Oil at the very least. A move like that would have rallied the forces like nobody's business, along with all the other reasons to kill the man. My mom worked for Brown Engineering (part of the Redstone Arsenal) in the 60's, where much fantastic technology was being developed. Much of it was canned by big oil. I think this pissed Kennedy off, too, unless he was behind it being canned. It is more likely that he had plans to introduce this technology to be explored publicly. It's just a thought.